Ivy League 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Chousnake

Re: Ivy League 2022

Post by Chousnake »

This can't be happening! All I read on this site for the past two years was how the COVID pause by the Ivies was the end of Ivy League lax. It was the end of recruiting, the beginning of an exodus of IL players to other leagues, transfers would abound, coaches would run, funding would be cut, human sacrifice,dogs and cats living together. By now, we were supposed to be reading how the Ivies were going DIII. Instead, the IL is a top 3 conference and is arguably top 2 after thrashing the Big 10 the past two weeks.
Last edited by Chousnake on Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Chousnake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:13 am This can't be happening! All I read on this site for the past two years was how the COVID pause by the Ivies was the end of Ivy League lax. It was the end of recruiting, the beginning of a lax dystopia to other leagues, transfers would abound, coaches would run, funding would be cut, human sacrifice,dogs and cats living together. By now, we were supposed to be reading how the Ivies were going DIII. Instead, the IL is a top 3 conference and is arguably top 2 after thrashing the Big 10 the past two weeks.
Who would let their kids go to an Ivy League school?!! They don’t like sports!!
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:16 am
Chousnake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:13 am This can't be happening! All I read on this site for the past two years was how the COVID pause by the Ivies was the end of Ivy League lax. It was the end of recruiting, the beginning of a lax dystopia to other leagues, transfers would abound, coaches would run, funding would be cut, human sacrifice,dogs and cats living together. By now, we were supposed to be reading how the Ivies were going DIII. Instead, the IL is a top 3 conference and is arguably top 2 after thrashing the Big 10 the past two weeks.
there are models out there to provide an avenue for sports to be played for the students and parents that want them.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Has to be too 2 at moment notwithstanding Yale losing to PSU
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

If we’re gonna do the H2H between conferences deal, B10 is 4-2 over the ACC, so does that make them Top 2?

Feels easiest to say all 3 are pretty much at the same level and well ahead of the rest of the pack
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I'm delighted to have Ivy lacrosse back, and happy to see League teams doing well. Cornell looks terrific, Princeton has proven that there is life after Sowers; and with Harvard and Dartmouth notching wins, top-to-bottom the League looks to be in good shape. However, it is only March. Good teams will improve a lot between now and May. Will one or two Ivy teams be good enough to be playing Memorial Day weekend? I certainly hope so, and think it's possible. Whether this is the second-best or the third-best or whatever conference right now, what happens in May will show how good this League really is.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:03 pm
there are models out there to provide an avenue for sports to be played for the students and parents that want them.
I want to see the parent league for those itching to play!
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:33 pm
i see what you did there.
should be mandated for anyone who wants to yell from the stands.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:33 pm
i see what you did there.
should be mandated for anyone who wants to yell from the stands.
Or criticizes the players and coach!
“I wish you would!”
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Boolah Boolah, tremendous hoops game! If Yale can hold on vs Denver it will be quite a day in New Haven.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Chousnake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:13 am the beginning of a lax dystopia to other leagues...dogs and cats living together.
Diaspora?

Either way, I always appreciate a good Ghostbusters reference.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

FannOLax wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:26 pm However, it is only March.
Agree 100%. I'm thrilled with how the season has started, but it's way too early to start counting NCAA bids.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Penn gets lucky,
tie it up with a minute left,
their offense is way off.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Well, I guess Penn’s offense only operates in the
last few minutes,

2 goals in the last minute, 8-7 Quakers.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:48 pm Well, I guess Penn’s offense only operates in the
last few minutes,

What were the weather conditions like?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Not great,
cold windy,
maybe 15-20 wind chill, but sun was out.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:48 pm Well, I guess Penn’s offense only operates in the
last few minutes,

Told you it would be tight. Killing me. On the other hand they know how to win the close ones…and a win is a win.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Holy Crap. 14-0 in OOC games the past 2 weeks. I have never seen an ENTIRE league go a full 2 weeks and not lose a single game. I don't know if those records exist but I can't imagine this has ever happened before. The streak will now move along slowly as they do have some OOC games during the league season, but what an accomplishment going into League play. 27-6 overall. SCARY!!!!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
calourie

Post by calourie »

joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:11 pm Holy Crap. 14-0 in OOC games the past 2 weeks. I have never seen an ENTIRE league go a full 2 weeks and not lose a single game. I don't know if those records exist but I can't imagine this has ever happened before. The streak will now move along slowly as they do have some OOC games during the league season, but what an accomplishment going into League play. 27-6 overall. SCARY!!!!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
My FanLax poll will have 5 Ivies in the top 15, 6 in the top twenty. Just need Dartmouth to win their next two to complete the septfecta.
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

Nice weekend all around! Not one gimme on the slate either. I have no idea how to handicap the league right now, but would probably group Cornell/Princeton @ the top, with Penn/Yale/Brown/Harvard behind. We could easily see 6 teams ranked top 20 tomorrow, which I don’t think has happened before.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”