Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by DMac »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:39 pm
Powellfan22 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:48 pm
It takes two to tango. No one is forcing Army to play Syracuse. I’m sure if they had a real problem with it, they wouldn’t play them. Army must be okay with the arraignment.

I also imagine they like playing at Syracuse for recruiting reasons, they’ve pulled a fair amount of kids from CNY over the years, including John Glesener and Marcus Hudgins from West Genny.
They are clearly “ok” enough with the arrangement that they prefer it to not playing at all. That was never what this was about. This was about the very silly implication that Army actually *prefers* to play this game in Syracuse *every single year* and doesn’t ever actually want to play it on its home field. Ever. If you tell Alberici it’d be played on the same date, but at Michie, this year, or next, or even just once every four years, he’s turning it down?
wgdsr wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:50 pm and while we're at it, when is mount st mary's getting more of hop headed to emmitsburg?
Dunno, looks like Pete replaced it with a trip to Georgetown though.
No it wasn't, it was about Cuse showing
no respect for SA kids
The games are played where the two programs agree to play, that's all that matters. What you or anyone else thinks about it doesn't matter. Doesn't amount to anymore than BS off season talk.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DMac wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:05 pm
It takes two to tango. No one is forcing Army to play Syracuse. I’m sure if they had a real problem with it, they wouldn’t play them. Army must be okay with the arraignment.

I also imagine they like playing at Syracuse for recruiting reasons, they’ve pulled a fair amount of kids from CNY over the years, including John Glesener and Marcus Hudgins from West Genny.
They are clearly “ok” enough with the arrangement that they prefer it to not playing at all. That was never what this was about. This was about the very silly implication that Army actually *prefers* to play this game in Syracuse *every single year* and doesn’t ever actually want to play it on its home field. Ever. If you tell Alberici it’d be played on the same date, but at Michie, this year, or next, or even just once every four years, he’s turning it down?
wgdsr wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:50 pm and while we're at it, when is mount st mary's getting more of hop headed to emmitsburg?
no respect for SA kids
The games are played where the two programs agree to play, that's all that matters. What you or anyone else thinks about it doesn't matter. Doesn't amount to anymore than BS off season talk.
Yeah no that’s not what I was responding to
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:20 pm

no respect for SA kids
Yes Army seems to be ok with the arrangement. The last time Syracuse went to West Point was in 2003 in February. It was pouring rain and freezing rain throughout the game with bad wind. Cuse said they’d never come back. Perhaps a new coach and global warming will change that in the future.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:30 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:20 pm

no respect for SA kids
Yes Army seems to be ok with the arrangement. The last time Syracuse went to West Point was in 2003 in February. It was pouring rain and freezing rain throughout the game with bad wind. Cuse said they’d never come back. Perhaps a new coach and global warming will change that in the future.
Might need to fact check this one :D
DMac

Post by DMac »

You got anything to verify that story, I' Roller?
Cuse has played in many a miserable conditions
and gone back, why would they say that about
Army? Tierney said it was too miserable in the
Dome last time he was there with his Princeton
boys and said he'd never come back.
lorin

Post by lorin »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:32 am You got anything to verify that story, I' Roller?
Yes they played on the field closer to the water, also make the field a little smaller lol.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

lorin wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:04 am
DMac wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:32 am You got anything to verify that story, I' Roller?
Yes they played on the field closer to the water, also make the field a little smaller lol.
I may have been at that game (or scrimmage?). Recall watching one, early season down on the river. I think Army won or kept the score close. Very good Army attackman from LI on that team. Forget his name. Weather did suck.

There was another game I recall, in Hamilton at Colgate. I think the date was May 5th. They played in a snow squall. :?
lorin

Post by lorin »

tech37 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:09 am
I may have been at that game (or scrimmage?). Recall watching one, early season down on the river. I think Army won or kept the score close. Very good Army attackman from LI on that team. Forget his name. Weather did suck.

There was another game I recall, in Hamilton at Colgate. I think the date was May 5th. They played in a snow squall. :?
They had two good ones, Jeff Byran and John Walker he was from long Island, I think Jeff was from update
DMac

Post by DMac »

Scroll down to number one.
https://www.foxweather.com/learn/7-snow ... ted-states
As noted earlier, this is BS offseason talk, Cuse boys aint afraid of no
stinkin' weather and no one ever said they wouldn't go back to Army
because of it. I, as a fan though, did say I would never go back to
Schoellkopf unless it's eighty degrees and sunny after my last Cuse-
Cornell game there. Brutal with the snow and cold, that can be a
very windy and cold place to watch/play a game. Cuse boys have been
since then though.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

lorin wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:16 am

They had two good ones, Jeff Byran and John Walker he was from long Island, I think Jeff was from update
Yep, Walker...thanks. Good player.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:32 am Tierney said it was too miserable in the
You can hear ever word he says to the officials at the Dome. That's why he didn't like it.

The benches at DU are on the far side of the field, away from spectators.\

To this day I don't understand why someone who is basically a saint anywhere else on the plant is such a PIA on the lacrosse field.

Quite a life lesson: if you don't like how the refs call the game, whine like a five year old....instead of simply shutting up, and winning the next play, and the next play.....
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Because he thinks it improves his teams' odds of winning.

If he got a few flags a game, it would stop overnight.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:00 pm
You can hear ever word he says to the officials at the Dome. That's why he didn't like it.

To this day I don't understand why someone who is basically a saint anywhere else on the plant is such a PIA on the lacrosse field.

Quite a life lesson: if you don't like how the refs call the game, whine like a five year old....instead of simply shutting up, and winning the next play, and the next play.....
Yup, and he could hear every word from the crowd letting him know what a whining a*hole he is too (my crew sat about as close as you can get to him and his team and he heard every word....earned every one of them too).
Lot of people say he's a nice guy off the field but he can make you not like him pretty quickly with his sideline behavior as a coach. A very rude and disrespectful PIA.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:44 pm Because he thinks it improves his teams' odds of winning.

If he got a few flags a game, it would stop overnight.
from what i understand, a number of refs are scared sh*tless of their reviews and how it impacts their games assigned, playoffs, etc. their ref goals. coach with a bunch of "college refs" and their attitude is entirely different at the hs level. they run the show. not all of them of course, maybe not most.

but whatever review system they have @ nc$$ needs an overhaul (as does my local h.s.). find a middle ground.

also: not sure a few flags would make it stop overnight. more likely a change in rules (see: the dive rule).
lorin

Post by lorin »

tech37 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:28 pm
lorin wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:16 am

Yep, Walker...thanks. Good player.
Very nice man also, real class guy
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Tierney seems to have mellowed out a little bit lately. Admittedly I haven't seen him coach in person for several years but when I watch Denver on TV these days, whenever they cut to him he's often just standing there with that stone cold Belichick-esque look on his face. Don't think the cameras have caught him going apesh*t much. But that might just be fortuitous timing. Corrigan has been the biggest offender from what I've seen in the last few seasons. Petro too but he had already been chilling out a bit (at least compared to a decade ago) and I'd expect that trend to continue now that he's in his new role.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:00 pm

Seems to have worked out for him.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Bill is far from the only coach to work the refs. I suppose success raises the profile. Many top coaches do the same.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Brian
@BrianKnowsLax
When the Syracuse lacrosse fan base catches wind that Dordevic introduced himself as an “attackman” on camera….. https://twitter.com/BrianKnowsLax/statu ... 1338890243
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I am excited by Dordevic at attack but only because it’s different than prior years. The SU attack is now pretty darn good assuming it’s Dordevic, Seebold and Hiltz. The midfield will need lots of guys to step up now.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”