Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by Matnum PI »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:44 pm Even though it's 90 degrees and humid as heck, I now think it's gonna snow. blizzard. :shock:
Really? Then click this: viewtopic.php?p=279710#p279710

Last edited by Matnum PI on Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

admin wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:57 pm Tweeeeeet! OuttaNowhereWregget, 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty. Your penalty will be up on Thursday, July 22nd, at 1:34 PM EST. No trolling. Tweeeet! Play on...
Thank you, this feels a little more fair and as it should be.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Should have seen the flying unicorn I just saw... Rainbow out of its toucas
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:40 pm viewtopic.php?f=275&t=3036
He's playing 3D chess while the rest of us are playing checkers
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

Not sure if this penalty is even any good for us. I bet you OuttaNowhere will continue to post using his 7543 other burner accounts with his many different personalities LOL :lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:49 am Puffed pastry dough for plum turnovers
Cream cheese
parchment paper
Toilet paper
Rolling papers
Remembered pretty much everything on the list (love this forum notepad) and the plum turnovers/torte is, well, just ridiculous. Well worth dirtying a few bowls for. Didn't pick up the rolling papers but just used another bowl instead. That gets a well worth it too. No need to bring toilet bowl in here.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:31 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:49 am Puffed pastry dough for plum turnovers
Cream cheese
parchment paper
Toilet paper
Rolling papers
Remembered pretty much everything on the list (love this forum notepad) and the plum turnovers/torte is, well, just ridiculous. Well worth dirtying a few bowls for. Didn't pick up the rolling papers but just used another bowl instead. That gets a well worth it too. No need to bring toilet bowl in here.
These look spectacular.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac, do you watch the Great British Baking Show? I think maybe you should.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Actually, they should be watching me, no? ;)
Have seen it but don't watch it (I'd probably stop on it if I passed by it on the listing though). Don't like baking, as they say, baking is a science while cooking is an art. Everything has to be too exact with baking and it's real easy to screw whatever it is you're making up if you don't do everything just right. With cooking, on the other hand, pretty much anything goes.
Just discovered this puffed pastry dough not too long ago (gotta buy it, the process to make it is crazy), can make a hack look like a pro....really cool stuff. This lefty's got some pretty good ideas, and jftr, I'll be making that shrimp one. Damn!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jne33lDx2XY
DMac

Post by DMac »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:27 am These look spectacular.
Thanks, as noted above that puffed pastry can make one look a whole lot more talented than he is.
The tart twang from the plums makes it a pretty darn tasty treat. Reminds me of some of the stuff
my mom would make...German gal (grew up there), excellent baker, Black Forest kind of stuff. Yum!!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

mmmm!
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:29 am
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:27 am These look spectacular.
Thanks, as noted above that puffed pastry can make one look a whole lot more talented than he is.
The tart twang from the plums makes it a pretty darn tasty treat. Reminds me of some of the stuff
my mom would make...German gal (grew up there), excellent baker, Black Forest kind of stuff. Yum!!
Definitely true about the puffed pastry. That cold cubed butter and pastry blender nonsense is quite labor intensive. There's a video of Wolfgang Puck on the internet somewhere making chicken pot pie and even he recommends just getting store bought.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

With announcements about Oklahoma and Texas leaving the Big 12 Conference, there have been a lot of rumors flying around and being reported by news outlets about which conferences the rest of the Big 12 schools might end up in. Kansas to the B1G was one I saw. TCU, Texas Tech, & Baylor to the Pac 12 was another.

Wonder how this will change how athletic departments view adding the sport of women's lacrosse if they are now in conferences that sponsor the sport. Specifically TCU and Baylor who are near lacrosse hotbeds in Texas.

Would be great to see and a huge jump for the sport, but this is all wishful thinking and theoretical as none of these conference moves have been confirmed.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:36 pm With announcements about Oklahoma and Texas leaving the Big 12 Conference, there have been a lot of rumors flying around and being reported by news outlets about which conferences the rest of the Big 12 schools might end up in. Kansas to the B1G was one I saw. TCU, Texas Tech, & Baylor to the Pac 12 was another.

Wonder how this will change how athletic departments view adding the sport of women's lacrosse if they are now in conferences that sponsor the sport. Specifically TCU and Baylor who are near lacrosse hotbeds in Texas.

Would be great to see and a huge jump for the sport, but this is all wishful thinking and theoretical as none of these conference moves have been confirmed.
Reports are that they will each owe the Big-12 around $70,000,000 if they join the SEC. So...there's some money in college sports, huh?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:11 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:36 pm With announcements about Oklahoma and Texas leaving the Big 12 Conference, there have been a lot of rumors flying around and being reported by news outlets about which conferences the rest of the Big 12 schools might end up in. Kansas to the B1G was one I saw. TCU, Texas Tech, & Baylor to the Pac 12 was another.

Reports are that they will each owe the Big-12 around $70,000,000 if they join the SEC. So...there's some money in college sports, huh?
Must be :lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I just stumbled onto a discovery. You know how you go to a topic that has no new posts but you want to get to the last post anyway, maybe because it’s yours and you want to amend it, so you press the last number and manually scroll to the bottom of the thread? Well if you click/press the date code part

(example) Last post by Whoosie-Ningle << Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:32 pm

of the “last post by” it brings you right to the last post. Voilà!

By the way--this only works on my phone, not my laptop.

Here's a brief 15 second demonstration on how to do it.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Another discovery stumbled upon! If you click this little arrow as shown in the picture--that will bring you to the last post in the topic if you are using a laptop or computer. No more need to click and scroll. Just one click and you're there.

DMac

Post by DMac »

DMac wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am This lefty's got some pretty good ideas, and jftr, I'll be making that shrimp one. Damn!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jne33lDx2XY
I'm sayin' today was a good day to make those.
Then all I'm sayin' is, oh, my, my, my, my, my!!
Crazy tasty!!!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”