JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am WOW.....not what I recall. But, again, you think the REAL TEA party (people like me) was NOT about trillions spent, lives lost, wasted.....missingfunds....on military conflicts, but the color of the newly elected President. NONSENSE.
That explains why you all disappeared the instant Obama left office. How much bigger is the deficit and debt under Trump?

So go ahead and tell me: where are all the Tea Party protests. Dude, you've got nothing. Everything that the Tea Party protested is Trillions....Trillions....WORSE under Trump.
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am What was Obama's ONLY veto override all about ? Exactly. We have ZERO real CONservatives on fanlax, especially when it comes to the GOP platform (lies?? )and fiscal issues.
Cradleandshoot. MDlaxfan. Me. GGait.

Most of us believe the same thing: balance the budget, or get close. Want to fight wars all over the world? Fine. Raise taxes and pay for it. Want to provide health care for all? Fine. Raise taxes and pay for it. That's what a fiscal conservative looks like. Pay your bills, and don't pass them on.

It's the bulk of the board, RRR.
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am At the beginning of the day, it would be your memory that is failing you. 98% of the water cooler posts/threads were NOT about Obama, or Bush, for that matter. (did not know about LP forum until 6 or so years ago
Well that's obviously part of the problem. Obama didn't pass any bills in his second term because of McConnell. So there wasn't a whole lot to discuss. You missed a lot of the fireworks. NO ONE thought Obamacare was some shining legislation, for example.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:04 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am WOW.....not what I recall. But, again, you think the REAL TEA party (people like me) was NOT about trillions spent, lives lost, wasted.....missingfunds....on military conflicts, but the color of the newly elected President. NONSENSE.
That explains why you all disappeared the instant Obama left office. How much bigger is the deficit and debt under Trump?

So go ahead and tell me: where are all the Tea Party protests. Dude, you've got nothing. Everything that the Tea Party protested is Trillions....Trillions....WORSE under Trump.

OH.....it WILL be discussed tomorrow. We haven't gone away......just punch drunk from the lunacatics that still pervade in the upper echelons. You really think a nationwide, orchestrated, event, just "happens" overnight? Who is funding the "walkout" climate change protests tomorrow?
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am What was Obama's ONLY veto override all about ? Exactly. We have ZERO real CONservatives on fanlax, especially when it comes to the GOP platform (lies?? )and fiscal issues.

Most of us believe the same thing: balance the budget, or get close. Want to fight wars all over the world? Fine. Raise taxes and pay for it. Want to provide health care for all? Fine. Raise taxes and pay for it. That's what a fiscal conservative looks like. Pay your bills, and don't pass them on.

It's the bulk of the board, RRR.

Issue "scout sheets" for all posters. Something I have asked for. You could very well be right, but why would I want to pay for a war b/c someone broke into your shed and stole some stuff, which is what the arsewholes in DC are doing right now. ( don't own oil stock anymore, so NOT my USA )
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am At the beginning of the day, it would be your memory that is failing you. 98% of the water cooler posts/threads were NOT about Obama, or Bush, for that matter. (did not know about LP forum until 6 or so years ago
Well that's obviously part of the problem. Obama didn't pass any bills in his second term because of McConnell. So there wasn't a whole lot to discuss. You missed a lot of the fireworks. NO ONE thought Obamacare was some shining legislation, for example.
NO ONE? Brookie STILL posts meems/photos about obamacare.

Right, because in the 13 months that our NATION didn't have the required 9 Supreme court justices, all cases were suspended? Or, did having that vacancy......and the resulting decisions......didn't benefit anyone :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blaming McConnell? just wow........his opponent is whom, again? (US Senate race ) exactly

and, why F is the old gobbler running again in the first place. Don't these people have hobbies?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:21 pm OH.....it WILL be discussed tomorrow. We haven't gone away......just punch drunk from the lunacatics that still pervade in the upper echelons. You really think a nationwide, orchestrated, event, just "happens" overnight? Who is funding the "walkout" climate change protests tomorrow?
Overnight? Trump's term isn't too far from over. What are you waiting for?
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am NO ONE? Brookie STILL posts meems/photos about obamacare.
You're right. That's one.
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am Blaming McConnell? just wow........his opponent is whom, again? (US Senate race ) exactly
You got a better explanation? McConnell refused to put any bill to the floor that wasn't revenue neutral.

The instant Obama is out, McConnell puts 4 massive spending bills on the floor, and votes "yea" on all of them. Explain how he wasn't the problem. A President can't sign or veto bills that never arrive at his desk.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

AFAN, tRump is on pace for new military conflict starting.....actually a little bit behind, but not far. SHrub had the "somone did something" to use as invasion juice. Even though they were all Saudi's. And NOW, tRump wants to protect the house OF? what is WRONg with everyone. Anyway, the TEA party event took years in the making. You just don't want to admit it. Was planned well before Obama left the TUCC :lol:

was skiing at Tremblant when we invaded Iraq, did my own shockNawe in the tree runs. So, tRump still has time . My oil field is fine, how's yours? Yes, lets spend and spend to protect your first Sect. of State. Or, did he just go away :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: 8-) 8-) 8-)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:27 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:21 pm OH.....it WILL be discussed tomorrow. We haven't gone away......just punch drunk from the lunacatics that still pervade in the upper echelons. You really think a nationwide, orchestrated, event, just "happens" overnight? Who is funding the "walkout" climate change protests tomorrow?
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am NO ONE? Brookie STILL posts meems/photos about obamacare.
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am Blaming McConnell? just wow........his opponent is whom, again? (US Senate race ) exactly
You got a better explanation? McConnell refused to put any bill to the floor that wasn't revenue neutral.

The instant Obama is out, McConnell puts 4 massive spending bills on the floor, and votes "yea" on all of them. Explain how he wasn't the problem. A President can't sign or veto bills that never arrive at his desk.
You are NOT answering the question. One veto overide......why did he do it? (Obama )....but, you are clearly missing the overall picture. You give Obama a pass, as just a bill signer. But not tRump? remember, AOC broke ranks with KEY votes to announce that she is bought and sold for. Pressley? SHe's done. GOne. Bye BYE. You don't mess with Boston Cops Union.........
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:55 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:27 pm

You are NOT answering the question. One veto overide......why did he do it? (Obama )....but, you are clearly missing the overall picture. You give Obama a pass, as just a bill signer. But not tRump? remember, AOC broke ranks with KEY votes to announce that she is bought throb and sold for. Pressley? SHe's done. GOne. Bye BYE. You don't mess with Boston Cops Union.........
Boston Cops the mob or something?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:54 pm AFAN, tRump is on pace for new military conflict starting.....actually a little bit behind, but not far. SHrub had the "somone did something" to use as invasion juice. Even though they were all Saudi's. And NOW, tRump wants to protect the house OF? what is WRONg with everyone. Anyway, the TEA party event took years in the making. You just don't want to admit it.
Got a cite for that?

And even if that's true-----dude. They're gone, and nowhere to be seen. Tells you all you need to know.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:55 pm You are NOT answering the question. One veto overide......why did he do it? (Obama )....but, you are clearly missing the overall picture.
That's because I have no earthly idea as to what you're talking about. Specifics would be helpful. Which Veto are you talking about here?
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:55 pm You give Obama a pass, as just a bill signer
I give Obama a pass for his last six years because he didn't sign one single piece of major legislation. There's nothing to gripe about....

And again, as for his first two years, we were all over Obamacare here. You just weren't around. Not my fault you didn't see it.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

DoJ thinks POTUS calls with foreign leaders aren’t an IC issue? Is that what they’re arguing? Since when?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:23 pm DoJ thinks POTUS calls with foreign leaders aren’t an IC issue? Is that what they’re arguing? Since when?
Even Phill Mudd thinks this is lunacy; https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... -politics/

More #Whackamole my the left.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Good. Follow the law. Or don’t complain when whistle blowers go straight to the press.

“ A Trump appointee, the IC IG found this complaint to be "urgent," meaning that it is not merely a policy dispute, beyond the broad Art. II foreign affairs authority POTUS enjoys, and likely illegal -- and which Congress must look at. “ Formerly FBI agent A Rangappa.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:48 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:23 pm DoJ thinks POTUS calls with foreign leaders aren’t an IC issue? Is that what they’re arguing? Since when?
Even Phill Mudd thinks this is lunacy; https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... -politics/

Mudd says to quit and/or go direct to the press or write a book. Whoops.

So you can't follow the law and use the whistleblower laws.

And you can't leak to the press.

Got it.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Got it.
Good rant by Phil, whoever he is. Not wackamole. It would be better if he understood that we live in a representative republic, in which Congress can make laws, which, if they are consistent with the Constitution, are supreme law of the land. So unless Phil can catch his breath and tell us how the oversight statute violates the Constitution, then the DCI must follow the directives of the law. Net result: Phil is completely full of televised sh*t, and some folks on this board are OK with the Executive Branch running over the rule of law and the system of governance in place for all of our lifetimes. WTFIWWY?
a fan

Post by a fan »

It's Stockholm Syndrome. He's been in intel long enough that he thinks classified info. is more important than transparent governance.

His attitude scares the hell out of me. He should be THRILLED that the whistleblower followed the letter of the law, and the information remains in the hands of those with clearance.

My guess is that Mudd would be just as angry---or more angry---- if this information was instead simply leaked straight to the press. That was the whole "Deep State" gripe, laughably.

This attitude of his enables future leakers of classified info. He's too far gone to get that.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Attaboy Phil, give 'em hell. Keep it up & CNN won't renew you contract.

Phil did write a book (about what the CIA did in the wake of 9-11).
He's a straight shooter & not afraid to admit mistakes in policy decisions.

The WP IC leak squad was on MSNBC with informed "speculation" --
Trump phonecon to Putin, mentioned restoring full diplomatic relations.
The whistleblower though this would remain unleaked.
Did not want it to go public & didn't want it to impact his career.

Nice work Schiff. You just burned your whistleblower.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:14 pm Attaboy Phil, give 'em hell. Keep it up & CNN won't renew you contract.

Phil did write a book (about what the CIA did in the wake of 9-11).
He's a straight shooter & not afraid to admit mistakes in policy decisions.

The WP IC leak squad was on MSNBC with informed "speculation" --
Trump phonecon to Putin, mentioned restoring full diplomatic relations.
The whistleblower though this would remain unleaked.
Did not want it to go public & didn't want it to impact his career.

Nice work Schiff. You just burned your whistleblower.
Typical; blame it on Schiff and lose -- again and again and again -- the focused issue of the DNI exercising his discretion not to follow the mandate of a properly passed law by the Congress, pursuant to its powers under the Constitution. Maybe you ought to go back to the oath you took when you joined your branch of the armed services. 10 USC Section 502:

(a) Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:

I, (Old Salt/RandyRad/GuyWhoSupportsRepublicansNoMatterWhat), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

What happened to you?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Whistleblower Filed Complaint Over Multiple Trump Actions: Report

Obviously just a liberal snowflake Deep State maroon. Nothing to see here...move along...OH LOOK! Trump Steaks!!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Maybe we are all being played and this is just a ploy to openly close the loop on Trumps insinuation/proof that he was 'wire tapped' back in 2015/16, yet proving our intel-community is '"on top of things"?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Got it.
Good rant by Phil, whoever he is. Not wackamole. It would be better if he understood that we live in a representative republic, in which Congress can make laws, which, if they are consistent with the Constitution, are supreme law of the land. So unless Phil can catch his breath and tell us how the oversight statute violates the Constitution, then the DCI must follow the directives of the law. Net result: Phil is completely full of televised sh*t, and some folks on this board are OK with the Executive Branch running over the rule of law and the system of governance in place for all of our lifetimes. WTFIWWY?
Phil Mudd withdrew his nomination for top intel guy at DHS, by the chosen one Obama....he saw right thru obamas game, just like many of those that did the same with Trump.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:33 pm Maybe we are all being played and this is just a ploy to openly close the loop on Trumps insinuation/proof that he was 'wire tapped' back in 2015/16, yet proving our intel-community is '"on top of things"?
That would be something :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”