The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2024

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:47 am https://radaronline.com/p/battalion-com ... len-valor/

He didn’t “earn”? What does “earn” mean in this context? Did he lie? And if so, since when didn’t lying disqualify someone for Old Salt?
I did not opine that Walz is disqualified for anything. Let the voters decide that.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:01 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:34 am “Be in their flowing cups freshly remember’d.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember’d;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother;”

Unless he is nominated for high office by a political party with which I disagree.

You are an odious, disloyal ice of sh@t.

And your Tailhook narrative discloses at least some clues as to why you became an unforgiving, unforgivable charlatan.

Postscript: and all of this, in the toafying servile service of this POS:

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/11/nx-s1-50 ... conference
Old Saltine is obviously not in the same class as King Henry V. Good thing he wasn't at Agincourt either. ;)
I suppose I'm not qualified to weigh in on other military history either. Funny that Salty's hero VDH never served a MINUTE in the military but he's good to go. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Come to think of it - I made no comments about Tailhook other than to reference when it occurred and Salty's reference to it. Typical for him to go off on what he thinks others may be thinking. He sucks at that, too.
:lol: ...Prince Hal's Band of Brothers stuck it out & deployed across the channel with him.

You claimed I'm still not over Tailhook. It cinched my decision to retire & pursue a civilian career 7 years before I had to. Turned out to be a good decision.
I did not attend Tailhook, but I was near the center of the ensuing storm. I worked closely with the primary complainant & her boss, an Admiral, who was one of the finest officers I ever worked for. Based on what actually happened at Tailhook, & in the aftermath, It was unconscionable what was done to him & several other fine officers, & a travesty how she made herself a celebrity, based on the way she comported herself on liberty, before & at Tailhook. I'll say no more -- she's still cashing in & filing lawsuits.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:53 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:47 am https://radaronline.com/p/battalion-com ... len-valor/

He didn’t “earn”? What does “earn” mean in this context? Did he lie? And if so, since when didn’t lying disqualify someone for Old Salt?
I did not opine that Walz is disqualified for anything. Let the voters decide that.
Since when did lying deserve criticism from Old Salt…..
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:08 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:34 am “Be in their flowing cups freshly remember’d.
Shall be my brother;”

Unless he is nominated for high office by a political party with which I disagree.

And your Tailhook narrative discloses at least some clues as to why you became an unforgiving, unforgivable charlatan.

Old Saltine is obviously not in the same class as King Henry V. Good thing he wasn't at Agincourt either. ;)
I suppose I'm not qualified to weigh in on other military history either. Funny that Salty's hero VDH never served a MINUTE in the military but he's good to go. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Come to think of it - I made no comments about Tailhook other than to reference when it occurred and Salty's reference to it. Typical for him to go off on what he thinks others may be thinking. He sucks at that, too.
:lol: ...Prince Hal's Band of Brothers stuck it out & deployed across the channel with him.

You claimed I'm still not over Tailhook. It cinched my decision to retire & pursue a civilian career 7 years before I had to. Turned out to be a good decision.
I did not attend Tailhook, but I was near the center of the ensuing storm. I worked closely with the primary complainant & her boss, an Admiral, who was one of the finest officers I ever worked for. Based on what actually happened at Tailhook, & in the aftermath, It was unconscionable what was done to him & several other fine officers, & a travesty how she made herself a celebrity, based on the way she comported herself on liberty, before & at Tailhook. I'll say no more -- she's still cashing in & filing lawsuits.
More woman issues.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, trouble here is though, the vast majority of the population are clueless of how all this works in the military (1% serve?) and they'll believe the smear these lying sacks of schidt with the R next to their name are spreading.
Politics is a dirty, nasty business. No holds barred, hit below the belt. Awful stuff.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Shall be my brother;”

You claimed I'm still not over Tailhook. It cinched my decision to retire & pursue a civilian career 7 years before I had to.
I did not attend Tailhook, but I was near the center of the ensuing storm. I worked closely with the primary complainant & her boss, an Admiral, who was one of the finest officers I ever worked for. Based on what actually happened at Tailhook, & in the aftermath, It was unconscionable what was done to him & several other fine officers, & a travesty how she made herself a celebrity, based on the way she comported herself on liberty, before & after Tailhook. I'll say no more -- she's still filing lawsuits.
Walz deployed to Europe with his unit in 2003. Unlike Prince Hal's brothers - some of his did not support him....gutless wonders that they are it says more about them than anyone else. Ditto for the weasels who swift-boated Kerry - none of whom served with him during the situations wherein his citations were made

If you're not over it, why'd you bring it up in the fashion you did? Are you somehow privy to information that is not public?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Shall be my brother;”

Salty,

You did not attend Tailhook, but you believe you know, without any doubt "what actually happened" at Tailhook?

What exactly "actually happened"?

How is that different from what the (many) women reported happened?

How is that different from this wikipedia account?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailhook_scandal

Or is your issue not that the event was properly accounted, but rather the "aftermath" ?

If so, exactly what did you think the response should have been to what happened, both the officers involved, and those tasked with the investigation?

Please include what you think is correct about this accounting as well.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:57 am
Shall be my brother;”

You claimed I'm still not over Tailhook. It cinched my decision to retire & pursue a civilian career 7 years before I had to.
I did not attend Tailhook, but I was near the center of the ensuing storm. I worked closely with the primary complainant & her boss, an Admiral, who was one of the finest officers I ever worked for. Based on what actually happened at Tailhook, & in the aftermath, It was unconscionable what was done to him & several other fine officers, & a travesty how she made herself a celebrity, based on the way she comported herself on liberty, before & after Tailhook. I'll say no more -- she's still filing lawsuits.
Walz deployed to Europe with his unit in 2003. Unlike Prince Hal's brothers - some of his did not support him....gutless wonders that they are it says more about them than anyone else. Ditto for the weasels who swift-boated Kerry - none of whom served with him during the situations wherein his citations were made

If you're not over it, why'd you bring it up in the fashion you did? Are you somehow privy to information that is not public?
I believe your incorrect in your analysis of what Kerry's fellow swift boaters did or did not see. One of them witnessed Kerry getting injured from fragmentation from a grenade he threw. Well since you weren't there and I wasn't there it boils down to they said and he said. The next step comes down to credibility. John Kerry may have a credibility rating just below trump. How many different stories does Kerry have about throwing away his medals at an anti war protest? He did..no he didn't...he only threw away his ribbons no he didn't throw any of them away??? WTFJK, choose one story and stick with it. I now understand the genesis of where I voted for it before I voted against it came from. :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:13 pm I believe your incorrect in your analysis of what Kerry's fellow swift boaters did or did not see. One of them witnessed Kerry getting injured from fragmentation from a grenade he threw. Well since you weren't there and I wasn't there it boils down to they said and he said. The next step comes down to credibility. John Kerry may have a credibility rating just below trump. How many different stories does Kerry have about throwing away his medals at an anti war protest? He did..no he didn't...he only threw away his ribbons no he didn't throw any of them away??? WTFJK, choose one story and stick with it. I now understand the genesis of where I voted for it before I voted against it came from. :lol:
Not true Pal

None of the swift-boaters were present at any of the events in his citations - Only one was actually in his unit and was not present at any of the activities for which citations were made.

Google it before opening mouth :oops:

Disagree with Kerry all you want for the things he has said and done outside of his military service. Don't vote for him. Don't demean his actual service to his country in a combat zone.
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:43 am

"Let the voters decide...."

And we get to the real intent here (like that's a shock): defame a man BECAUSE he served his country INTENTIONALLY so he loses an election.

Disgusting.

And Old Salt wonders why enlistment is down: if this is how soldiers support one another, F the US Military, and the POS officers who turn on each other ENTIRELY for political gain.

I thought rock bottom for Trump supporters was Jan 6th.

Turns out, nope. Republicans said "hold my beer....."
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:25 pm

And we get to the real intent here (like that's a shock): defame a man BECAUSE he served his country INTENTIONALLY so he loses an election.

Disgusting.

And Old Salt wonders why enlistment is down: if this is how soldiers support one another, F the US Military, and the POS officers who turn on each other ENTIRELY for political gain.

It’s just the “officers” that do this.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Oh just stop with the BS. There is nothing for voters to decide on. You are just gaslighting.

Walz actually was designated/selected/appointed/conditionally promoted to the higher office.

He did in fact serve in that capacity. He actually did the job and was entitled to wear the badges and use the title of the higher rank.

You admit/agree that he is fully entitled to say that he had served as a Command Sergeant Major. You also agree that he was serving as a CSM at the time he retired.

So you really think voters need to decide if they should vote against Walz as a valor stealer when he says he "retired "as" a CSM."

Instead of saying that "I was serving as a CSM at the time of my retirement. But I was serving as a "frocked CSM" rather than an unfrocked CSM at the time of my retirement. Accordingly, and because I did not complete certain requirements prior to my retirement, I did not become an "unfrocked" CSM. So when my post-retirement benefits were calculated, they were calculated using my prior lower rank. So while I did serve as a CSM, I guess fly-speckers would say I did not retire (for benefit purposes) "as" a CSM. But the fly-speckers would have to agree that I was serving as a CSM when I retired."

Really? What crock. Swift-boat slime.

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:40 pm
Oh just stop with the BS. There is nothing for voters to decide on. You are just gaslighting.

Walz actually was designated/selected/appointed/conditionally promoted to the higher office.

He did in fact serve in that capacity. He actually did the job and was entitled to wear the badges and use the title of the higher rank.

You admit/agree that he is fully entitled to say that he had served as a Command Sergeant Major. You also agree that he was serving as a CSM at the time he retired.

So you really think voters need to decide if they should vote against Walz as a valor stealer when he says he "retired "as" a CSM."

Instead of saying that "I was serving as a CSM at the time of my retirement. But I was serving as a "frocked CSM" rather than an unfrocked CSM at the time of my retirement. Accordingly, and because I did not complete certain requirements prior to my retirement, I did not become an "unfrocked" CSM. So when my post-retirement benefits were calculated, they were calculated using my prior lower rank. So while I did serve as a CSM, I guess fly-speckers would say I did not retire (for benefit purposes) "as" a CSM. But the fly-speckers would have to agree that I was serving as a CSM when I retired."

Really? What crock. Swift-boat slime.

Boycott stupid.
The retirement check he receives every month is for pay grade E8. Case closed keep it moving now little ones. 8-)
FTR counselor even the Harris campaign has updated the sight and is no longer referring to Walz as a " retired command sergeant major " they must not have sent you an email. Perhaps maybe the Harris campaign is engaging in swift boat slime too.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:00 pm
Shall be my brother;”

Salty,

You did not attend Tailhook, but you believe you know, without any doubt "what actually happened" at Tailhook?

What exactly "actually happened"?

How is that different from what the (many) women reported happened?

How is that different from this wikipedia account?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailhook_scandal

Or is your issue not that the event was properly accounted, but rather the "aftermath" ?

If so, exactly what did you think the response should have been to what happened, both the officers involved, and those tasked with the investigation?

Please include what you think is correct about this accounting as well.
I know what happened to the primary complainant & to her Admiral, who was not present.
She was not the innocent victim she was portrayed to be. I will leave it at that. I do not want to be accused of "victim" shaming.
You might say, in nautical terms, that she showed poor situational awareness & embarked upon a freedom of navigation exercise & used poor judgement sailing into harms way. The Admiral we both worked for was not present, but he gave her sound advise. He should not have lost his job for supposedly not sufficiently supporting her in the aftermath. He was working to resolve her complaint in a way that would not adversely impact her future service with her fellow naval aviators. She chose to jump the chain of command & go public. Her prospects for returning to the Fleet & having a viable career were ended, along with several naval aviators who had nothing to do with her case or what went on at Tailhook. NIS bungled the investigation, which turned into a witch hunt for scapegoats & failed to identify most of the miscreants. A black officer who worked for me was abusively interrogated because she said one of her abusers was black. He wasn't even present on the floor of the gauntlet.
My complaint had nothing to do with all the other women who attended.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Disgusting.

That's what it's all about isn't it ? Walz will have to account for the veracity of what he has claimed in his political career.
He can either prove his accusers wrong, do a mea culpa, or ride it out. Either way, the voters will decide.
He is being accused by fellow soldiers who served with him & his immediate superiors.
Walz is the only soldier seeking political gain.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:52 am

Yup, trouble here is though, the vast majority of the population are clueless of how all this works in the military (1% serve?) and they'll believe the smear these lying sacks of schidt with the R next to their name are spreading.
Politics is a dirty, nasty business. No holds barred, hit below the belt. Awful stuff.
... the only people who will buy it are the scum voting for Trump already.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:29 pmWalz is the only soldier seeking political gain.
The Swift Boat group sure got a lot of large financial contributions. More than $20M. And the founder made $$$ on book sales.

Other gains are available aside from political.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:29 pm

Disgusting.

That's what it's all about isn't it ? Walz will have to account for the veracity of what he has claimed in his political career.
He can either prove his accusers wrong, do a mea culpa, or ride it out. Either way, the voters will decide.
He is being accused by fellow soldiers who served with him & his immediate superiors.
Walz is the only soldier seeking political gain.
Man, you really are a piece of gum stuck to the nation’s shoes. A freeloading, gaslighting piece of sh@t.

Return to “POLITICS”