January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:53 pm Will these people receive jail time and be thrown in the slammer? https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1 ... 42429?s=20
Maybe, depends on the laws they broke. They were arrested after a few minutes. Also, nice fake spin from Collin Rugg. These guys weren't trying to overthrow the government, so no, they're not traitors.

Capitol Police said that the seven people were arrested on charges of unlawful entry after they refused to cease demonstrating.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:53 pm Will these people receive jail time and be thrown in the slammer? https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1 ... 42429?s=20
Maybe, depends on the laws they broke. They were arrested after a few minutes. Also, nice fake spin from Collin Rugg. These guys weren't trying to overthrow the government, so no, they're not traitors.

Capitol Police said that the seven people were arrested on charges of unlawful entry after they refused to cease demonstrating.
:lol:
Toe'mato, toe-matto
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:05 pm

Toe'mato, toe-matto
Yeah, I already know they all seem the same to you. That's one of the big problems this country faces, Trump and (R) acolytes falsely equivocating different events and people. Gives you all a fake excuse to justify your actions.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:39 pm

Toe'mato, toe-matto
Yeah, I already know they all seem the same to you. That's one of the big problems this country faces, Trump and (R) acolytes falsely equivocating different events and people. Gives you all a fake excuse to justify your actions.
Imagine voluntarily reading anything by Collin Rugg. Youth Algorithm.

The were protesting a specific policy issue. They weren't, to my knowledge, trying to impede the orderly transition of power from one president to another in order to keep their preferred candidate in office. Why can't people make distinctions anymore? Is "discernment" too woke?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:49 pm

Toe'mato, toe-matto

The were protesting a specific policy issue. They weren't, to my knowledge, trying to impede the orderly transition of power from one president to another in order to keep their preferred candidate in office. Why can't people make distinctions anymore? Is "discernment" too woke?
No different than anyone who is stupid enough to read the stuff posted on this forum by HCR. Of course that is good wholesome FLP liberal propaganda. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:51 pm

Toe'mato, toe-matto

No different than anyone who is stupid enough to read the stuff posted on this forum by HCR. Of course that is good wholesome FLP liberal propaganda. :D
You're embarrassing yourself, saying stuff like this.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:58 pm

Toe'mato, toe-matto

Never stopped him before...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Toe'mato, toe-matto

Your embarrassing yourself for posting her propaganda. I simply scroll past her tripe and keep moving along. If she floats your boat then good for you. If it makes you feel better I seldom read stuff from VDH either. I prefer to read what you think not what someone else thinks.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:20 pm

Toe'mato, toe-matto

Never stopped him before...
Then read it twice skippy once for you and once for me. I'm barely able to read your nonsense anymore, out of fairness to you I keep trying. :D
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:59 am

Toe'mato, toe-matto

Your embarrassing yourself for posting her propaganda. I simply scroll past her tripe and keep moving along. If she floats your boat then good for you. If it makes you feel better I seldom read stuff from VDH either. I prefer to read what you think not what someone else thinks.
She's a very able writer and an accomplished historian. Her writing is pretty insightful, albeit with many positions on which reasonable people might disagree. Her book, How the South Won the Civil War, is very interesting, super-readable and poses a lot of challenging questions about the shape of the country after the war. I read VDH when someone posts his work. I almost always don't agree with him/his conclusions, but usually don't just jettison him or call the poster "skippy" and other fun names. Sometimes I think there is nothing that you actually believe except your spouse, your dog and your garden. I guess that's enough to be getting on with.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:53 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:59 am

Toe'mato, toe-matto

She's a very able writer and an accomplished historian. Her writing is pretty insightful, albeit with many positions on which reasonable people might disagree. Her book, How the South Won the Civil War, is very interesting, super-readable and poses a lot of challenging questions about the shape of the country after the war. I read VDH when someone posts his work. I almost always don't agree with him/his conclusions, but usually don't just jettison him or call the poster "skippy" and other fun names. Sometimes I think there is nothing that you actually believe except your spouse, your dog and your garden. I guess that's enough to be getting on with.
She is a very able writer in your opinion. If she stuck to history you might be correct. She chose to dive headfirst into the political editorial world of what her opinions are. I have read some of her "opinions" and made my choice to pass on reading her FLP bilge anymore. I'm fine with reading your opinions coaster. I respect the fact you are who you are and you don't pretend to be any different. HCR opinions are just opinions I scroll past and ignore knowing I have missed nothing.
FTR VDH is eviscerated daily on this forum by all of the FLP elites. So when I criticize one of your own you get your nose all bent out of joint. From the perspective of a Conservative expert on American history and a progressive expert on American history is only one point of view legitimate in your eyes? What that tells me is American history is viewed through the prism of what historian is making their individual opinion. So was General Sherman a heartless barbarian who laid waste to the South on his march to the sea? Was he an American patriot who introduced the concept of " war is hell" to those misguided rebels. I know enough about civil war history that those PhD historians still don't agree about Sherman today. Was he an American hero or was he an American embarrassment? Was Picketts charge a tactical blunder or a bold attempt to break through the Union lines that failed?
Bob Ross:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

I care a lot less about cradle's Rugg = HCR comments than I do youth's apparent (because he posted it here) equivalence of people protesting a discontinuance of HIV/AIDS funding with people attempting to stop the Constitutional obligation to count valid Electoral College submissions by the states. In fact, I don't care one bit about cradle's comments but care completely about youth's.

To quote Natty and bring this back to one of the important challenges rational American's face, "Yeah, I already know they all seem the same to you. That's one of the big problems this country faces, Trump and (R) acolytes falsely equivocating different events and people. Gives you all a fake excuse to justify your actions."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:23 pm I care a lot less about cradle's Rugg = HCR comments than I do youth's apparent (because he posted it here) equivalence of people protesting a discontinuance of HIV/AIDS funding with people attempting to stop the Constitutional obligation to count valid Electoral College submissions by the states. In fact, I don't care one bit about cradle's comments but care completely about youth's.

To quote Natty and bring this back to one of the important challenges rational American's face, "Yeah, I already know they all seem the same to you. That's one of the big problems this country faces, Trump and (R) acolytes falsely equivocating different events and people. Gives you all a fake excuse to justify your actions."
Agreed. We — YA — have just jettisoned any pretense toward discernment.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:50 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:23 pm I care a lot less about cradle's Rugg = HCR comments than I do youth's apparent (because he posted it here) equivalence of people protesting a discontinuance of HIV/AIDS funding with people attempting to stop the Constitutional obligation to count valid Electoral College submissions by the states. In fact, I don't care one bit about cradle's comments but care completely about youth's.

Agreed. We — YA — have just jettisoned any pretense toward discernment.
The difference, which seems to have failed you high highfalutin types, is that I get nuance, and see quite clearly how irrational people are. Further, the dumbing down of America.....that part you all conveniently compartmentalize and only use when it benefits your partisan stance or a jab at a fellow poster.

You and many others claim you do not participate in social media....well, I have a surprise for you, you are a significant minority in the world, the term is equivalent to a "Karen......a 'Boomer'. What I bring to the table is a glimpse into the world that votes based on the news clips of social media, the very 30 second clips, 240 character posts, that lead them to their vote. Sure, blame it on trump....he invented the internet. And yet, we are fine with saying Zuck or Musk can do what they want with their own business. Discernment is not partisan.....you all should give it a shot yourselves.

Continue the stabs in the back, while making the assumption that b/c I post something, it is who I am and what I believe. The self affirming nescience by many around here is so often on full display, the inability to dig deeper than an immediate attack.

Carry on.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:27 pm Continue the stabs in the back, while making the assumption that b/c I post something, it is who I am and what I believe. The self affirming nescience by many around here is so often on full display, the inability to dig deeper than an immediate attack.

Carry on.
You could clear all that up as part of what you post as opposed to leaving it without any context.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:27 pm Continue the stabs in the back, while making the assumption that b/c I post something, it is who I am and what I believe. The self affirming nescience by many around here is so often on full display, the inability to dig deeper than an immediate attack.

Carry on.
You could clear all that up as part of what you post as opposed to leaving it without any context.
Or, you could not assume.
~Livy

NattyBohChamps04

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:39 pm

Carry on.
LOL. "I'm gonna post stuff to stir the pot. I'm not gonna include any context or my own views on the matter. Then I'm gonna get mad when other people speculate about my personal beliefs because I don't say anything about why I'm posting it."

Great job there. Keep it up.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:51 pm

Carry on.
LOL. "I'm gonna post stuff to stir the pot. I'm not gonna include any context or my own views on the matter. Then I'm gonna get mad when other people speculate about my personal beliefs because I don't say anything about why I'm posting it."

Appreciate you admitting you are the one with the problem.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:04 pm

Carry on.

He’s just putting it out there…
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:04 pm

Carry on.

Whoosh. Great job there. Keep it up. Unsurprising.

Return to “POLITICS”