The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2024

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:12 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:03 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:33 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:22 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:15 am
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:11 am Yeah, afan, TLD, Kismet & other TDS victims have no thread discipline.
They continue to troll me on Hunter, voting, Benghazi & other off-topic wharaboutisms.
If YA, c&s, Kramerica & I did not post, there would be no diversity of opinion or information in this forum.
Boo-hoo. The troll cannot stand getting some of his own medicine. Here's an idea - just STFU and nobody will troll you, you stupid troll. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We don't need you to post here. You've turned into a walking FoxNews talking head. You are unable to form your own opinion anymore.

Let's see if the Forum can tell whether this is Old Salt, or FoxNews:

1. DEI
2. The gays and Bud Light
3. election fraud is real
4. Dems allow open borders
5. there's no way to fix the borders, except to vote Trump
6. Dems are bad
7. Hunter's laptop was suppressed, and contained evidence of (insert stupid theory)
8. Giving money and arms to Ukraine is bad
9. "they" are brainwashing our kids in schools
10. CRT is bad
11. all of Trump's policies were perfect, and we have no complaints about any of what he did
12. we don't care that Kushner got $2Billion from the Saudis after having supposedly worked there on behalf of the American people behind
closed doors, yet at the same time, we're going to lose our minds if we think Hunter did something similar in Ukraine.

....I could go on and on. Can anyone on the Forum tell if I'm talking about Old Salt's "Ideas" or FoxNations?

No, right? Well...that's cause they are identical. And he's been trolling the forum with this stuff for years now. Hasn't had an original thought since the old forum.

I would LOVE for you to post like the conservative you claim to be. You are unable to do that, save for fits and starts when you're tired of your own trolling, and act like a human. Then you stop doing that, and go right back to spewing FoxNation nonsense.
You don't give me credit for original thought. You won't hear about Pat Buchanan or Jim Webb on FNC. They're just catching up with me.
You PRETEND to want Buchanan.

Just a few weeks ago, you told the forum you supported every single one of Trump's policies over his four years.

This does NOT jive with Buchanan-Conservatism.

As for Webb? You like him because he's from the Navy, and clearly didn't pay attention to what he tried to do in the Senate. He's against your preference to throw everyone in jail for life for any offense, so long as they're not a Republican.
The most recent article I posted about Buchanan was about how similar Trump's policies are to Buchanan's.
:lol:

1. that article is from BEFORE Trump took office, and actually did things.

2. this makes my point better, not worse. Both you and FoxNews supported everything Trump did or said. 100% of it. Didn't matter what it was. Didn't matter if it went against Buchanan policy. You just saluted it all, without thinking or dissenting even once. This is IMPOSSIBLE for a free thinker to do for someone who was in office for 4 years.

And it's no different with BIden: you and FoxNation can't even manage to tell Biden he did a good thing when he gave your fellow soldiers their biggest raise in 20 years. Why? Because you don't care about policy. You care who the policies came from....and when you hear it's from a Dem, it's either bad or you ignore it. And when it's a R? You're on here telling me you support every single thing they do.

And yet you're on here trying to tell the forum you're an independent thinker. It's absurd. You're an in-the-bag Republican.

If Trump came in and got rid of the Real ID program you're telling us that you like? You'd do one of two things: a. ignore that it happened, or, b. tell us it's no big deal.

And you've been doing this since Trump showed up.
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:12 pm I like Webb because he resigned as Sec of the Navy over a matter of principle, he called out the hypocrisy in the Tailhook purge, & he was right about our mistake in going to war in the ME, ...all 3 times. He would not take us into stupid wars. I paid very close attention to what Webb did in the Senate, including his work on behalf of veterans.
Then you noticed he's soft on crime, and would work to purge our jails. That's an Old Salt no-no.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

JD Vance as drag queen while in law school:

How JD Vance went from thinking he was gay and changing his name twice to being an anti-LGBTQ+ extremist

https://www.advocate.com/election/jd-va ... ame-change

OhioRepublican U.S. Sen. JD Vance’s journey from a troubled childhood in Appalachia to the halls of the U.S. Senate to being former President Donald Trump’s running mate has been the subject of much ink, yet his contradictory stance onLGBTQ+ rights is coming under scrutiny.Vance’s memoir, Hillbilly Elegy, contains a revealing anecdote about his childhood belief that he was gay. Influenced by a preacher’s condemnation of homosexuality, young Vance feared he was destined for hell simply because he disliked girls and cherished his friendship with another boy.

Vance’s grandmother, whom he referred lovingly to as “mamaw” during his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention last Wednesday, was a central figure in his upbringing. She swiftly dispelled his fears with a blunt question and an assurance of divine love, regardless of his sexual orientation. This experience, which might have instilled a sense of empathy and understanding, starkly contrasts with Vance’s political actions. As a senator, Vance has positioned himself as a staunch opponent of LGBTQ+ rights, focusing particularly on restricting transgender rights.

Vance’s opposition to affirming one’s identity is complicated by his decision to change his name, not once, but twice. He was born James Donald Bowman and took the surname Hamel ...

JD Vance = tea bagging Log Cabinite
Last edited by Brooklyn on Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:52 pm
Neither myself or Old Salt is questioning his service or how honorable his service was or how long his service was.
I say again. I don't question Master Sergeant Walz's decision to retire.
Well we have pages and pages of posts on here over the last several days doing exactly that.

Walz is "shady." Walz is "fudging." Walz left his soldiers in a lurch. Walz's soldiers are burned by his decision to leave.

On and on and on. All garbage.

Both Walz and Vance were allowed to leave. Neither was bound by a stop loss. They both left to pursue other opportunities. Same forking thing.

And you throwing shade about his retirement rank is so lame and preposterous.

1. What rank did Walz hold and serve in? Command sergeant major (whatever that is/means).

2. What rank did Walz hold at the time he retired? CSM.

3. But solely for benefit calculations, what rank was used to calculate Walz's pension benefit? One notch lower.

And so when Walz says he's a "retired CSM", you trolls are throwing shade solely because of #3 and completely ignoring #1 and #2?

You'd be ok if Walz always/only said the following "I was serving as a CSM when I retired. But I wont/can't say "I'm a retired CSM" because my pension payout was calculated on the basis of a lower rank."

YCBS. GMAFB.

GFY loser.
Walz was still an E-8, serving in an E-9 job. He had not yet been promoted to E-9. He is now, once again, a retired E-8.

It would be accurate to say -- I had been selected for promotion & was serving as a CSM when I retired, but I had not yet been promoted to that rank.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:44 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:17 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:06 pm Example? Just two post ago, you were championing absentee ballots with Real ID.

Now here you are in this post, telling me you're worried about "the difficulty in enforcing ballot harvesting, drop boxes...."
The use of Real ID can resolve my concerns. It's not being used for elections in all states.
How many times does this have to be explained to you ?
I'll tell you when: when you stop contradicting yourself.

How long would it take me to pull up posts where you make fun of Colorado's system, and "ballot harvesting"?

We use Real ID.

You keep forgetting what you personally post, OS. Which is fine, but then don't yell at me because you can't remember what you wrote.

You're AGAINST the Colorado system. Full stop. And we use Real ID. And we have Ballot Drop boxes for absentee voting.

You're arguing with yourself here. Get back to us when you make up your mind, and put the goalposts in the ground permanently.
All states are now REAL ID compliant ? Does CO use REAL ID data to purge their voter roles for citizenship as VA apparently does ?

If yes -- good. That would make CO one more state doing what I advocate.

Use of REAL ID does not prevent fraud in ballot harvesting.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:10 pm
Use of REAL ID does not prevent fraud in ballot harvesting.
That's right. So now you're admitting that I'm not putting words in your mouth....which I never do. All I do it repeat what you communicate here, yet forget about.

So....as I said, for the 100th time: you want in-person only, ID in hand voting.

That eliminates all the complaints that you're insisting are real.

You don't want to do that. And we all know why: you'd lose. That's what your claims are all about, and you've bought yet again what Trump tells you to buy.

You still think it's a coincidence that we can't distinguish your "thoughts" from FoxNation's greatest hits.

You've allowed your educated, world-traveled mind to fall prostrate to the almighty R. It's disappointing.

This whole feigned concern about elections is straight from Trump. You ate it hook, line, sinker....and the freaking boat.

The conspiracy theories didn’t go away. They’ve proliferated thanks to a sophisticated, relentless campaign. A surge of alternative social media sites, so-called “free speech” platforms like Trump’s Truth Social and the video streaming platform Rumble have cropped up. There’s also been an explosion of online MAGA influencers and video streamers, some with millions of followers.

All of them are pushing the same conspiracy theory: The 2020 election was stolen, and the only way Trump can lose in 2024 is if it is stolen again.

Here's another question for you to run away from: what's your plan when the libs believe your election bullsh(t? When they start bombing polling places because they buy what YOU are selling them? When they start killing R politicians when they win these elections that you claim are fraudulent?

Then what's your plan? This is like everything from you and FoxNation: you put up with these flat our lies and dangerous behavior because you can't conceive of the left doing the same thing you're doing here.

You're playing with fire.

https://www.cnn.com/maga-misinformation ... index.html
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:05 pm Walz was still an E-8, serving in an E-9 job. He had not yet been promoted to E-9.
What are the odds he was wearing CSM stripes and was addressed as CSM?
He was a CSM in all respects other than for retirement.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Boycott stupid.

Harris seems to be about 2-2.5 points up on Trump in most of the poll average forecasts. Probably not enough. As a reminder.

Clinton’s 2016 margin against Trump (2.1 points) was an EC loss. Biden’s 2020 margin (4.5 points) was an EC win -- but not a huge EC win. Gore's 2000 margin was 2.6 and we all know how that turned out.

So Trump could totally win again. It is still basically 50/50.

The only difference is that is that Trump now has to run against an average/generic viable Dem candidate. Rather than a certain loser in Joe Biden.

The debate (thank god) revealed what was hiding in plain sight all along. It was stupid to ask people to vote for anyone who would be 86 years old while still in office. And completely insane when that person was an obviously declining Biden.

If Harris loses, Joe will get the RBG booby prize. Awarded to those who stay too long with disasterous results.

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

DMac wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:05 pm Walz was still an E-8, serving in an E-9 job. He had not yet been promoted to E-9.
The MN National Guard says Salty is full of shirt.

“Walz attained the rank of command sergeant major and served in that role but retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes due to not completing additional coursework,” according to the statement from Army public affairs officer Lt. Col. Kristen Augé.

FOR BENEFIT PURPOSES his pension was calculated at the lower rank.

Did he hold the higher rank? YES.

Did he hold the higher rank when he retired? YES.

Is Salty a loser MGA troll dis-respecting the service of another veteran solely because he's a Democrat? YES.

Should we boycott stupid? YES.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:04 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:01 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:46 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:26 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:10 pm I think Vance “abandoned” his unit after only serving four years.

Declined to re-up, chickened out, and decided to retreat to the safety of Ohio State on the taxpayers’ dime.

I’m sure Salty and Cra will pipe up with outrage. I mean if Walz is a pretender and sleaze after 24 years, how can you stomach what Vance did?
The other NCOs in his unit might think he crapped out on them. The were under a stop loss order. They had no way out. They had to deploy to a combat zone. Their former SM got to run for Congress. What exactly did Vance do? He was deployed to Iraq and served in the MOS he was trained in and performed the job he was tasked by the Marines to do. I can stomach that fairly easily. In civilian speak for you...it's called doing your f***ing job. :roll:
Walz was allowed to leave. He left to run for Congress.

Vance was allowed to leave. He left to go to college and law school.

Same forking thing. Same forking thing.

Treat them both the same. And/or stfu.
JD Vance wasn't looking at a stop loss order former SM Walz was. Do you see the glaring difference? JD Vance left the military the same way I did it is called ETS...look it up nothing dishonorable about it at all. FTR there was nothing dishonorable about how former SM Walz left the service. The only thing in question counselor was his timing for doing so.
Fine. Why didn't they express an opinion at that time and wait YEARS until now to gripe publicly?
They did when he ran for Governor. It did not go national.
Does this also apply to your Kerry swift-boaters who you supported? Recall there was never any tangible evidence of their claims at the time during the war nor when they all dredged it all up in 2004.

Same sort of BS is going on here - as you're right in the middle of it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Right on brand for the sorry loser that you appear to be to this day. :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:10 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:04 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:01 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:46 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:26 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:10 pm I think Vance “abandoned” his unit after only serving four years.

Declined to re-up, chickened out, and decided to retreat to the safety of Ohio State on the taxpayers’ dime.

I’m sure Salty and Cra will pipe up with outrage. I mean if Walz is a pretender and sleaze after 24 years, how can you stomach what Vance did?
The other NCOs in his unit might think he crapped out on them. The were under a stop loss order. They had no way out. They had to deploy to a combat zone. Their former SM got to run for Congress. What exactly did Vance do? He was deployed to Iraq and served in the MOS he was trained in and performed the job he was tasked by the Marines to do. I can stomach that fairly easily. In civilian speak for you...it's called doing your f***ing job. :roll:
Walz was allowed to leave. He left to run for Congress.

Vance was allowed to leave. He left to go to college and law school.

Same forking thing. Same forking thing.

Treat them both the same. And/or stfu.
JD Vance wasn't looking at a stop loss order former SM Walz was. Do you see the glaring difference? JD Vance left the military the same way I did it is called ETS...look it up nothing dishonorable about it at all. FTR there was nothing dishonorable about how former SM Walz left the service. The only thing in question counselor was his timing for doing so.
Fine. Why didn't they express an opinion at that time and wait YEARS until now to gripe publicly?
They did when he ran for Governor. It did not go national.
Does this also apply to your Kerry swift-boaters who you supported? Recall there was never any tangible evidence of their claims at the time during the war nor when they all dredged it all up in 2004.

Same sort of BS is going on here - as you're right in the middle of it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Right on brand for the sorry loser that you appear to be to this day. :oops:
There was never any tangible proof that their claims were incorrect. There are 2 sides to the coin your flipping. Perhaps maybe the thought of Kerry becoming CiC was the last straw.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:34 pm There was never any tangible proof that their claims were incorrect. There are 2 sides to the coin your flipping. Perhaps maybe the thought of Kerry becoming CiC was the last straw.
Tell me how many of your officers and/or non-coms could you contemplate outing in such as fashion YEARS after you served with them?
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:59 pm

“Walz attained the rank of command sergeant major and served in that role but retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes due to not completing additional coursework,” according to the statement from Army public affairs officer Lt. Col. Kristen Augé.

Is Salty a loser MGA troll dis-respecting the service of another veteran solely because he's a Democrat? YES.

Walz was never promoted to E-9. He was never paid as an E-9. He was filling an E-9 position.
He was selected for promotion to E-9, to be effective after he completed the requirements for advancement, which he never did. If he had completed the requirements for advancement & accepted the promotion, he would have incurred additional obligated service. All the rest is spin or smoke.

...there is no disrespect in accurately describing the service of a NG soldier who enlisted as an E-1 at age 17 & rose to E-8 before retiring after 24 years of service.

I don't know whether or not Walz was addressed as Command Sergeant Major & wore the rank of (E-9) Command Sergeant Major, in the MN NG in 2005.

If Walz had been recalled to active duty it would have been as an E-8, Master Sergeant.

https://tmd.texas.gov/Data/Sites/1/medi ... sement.pdf

POSITION TITLE: Command Sergeant Major (Various Positions)

POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Command Sergeant Major is the principal advisor on
all enlisted matters within the BN/BDE. The positions will be filled by Texas Army
National Guard Sergeants Major (E9) or promotable First Sergeants/Master Sergeants
(E8). (Any MOS may apply for potential placement on the Enlisted Leader Order of
Merit list.)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:38 pm

Walz was never promoted to E-9. He was never paid as an E-9. He was filling an E-9 position.
He was selected for promotion to E-9, to be effective after he completed the requirements for advancement, which he never did. If he had completed the requirements for advancement & accepted the promotion, he would have incurred additional obligated service. All the rest is spin or smoke.

...there is no disrespect in accurately describing the service of a NG soldier who enlisted as an E-1 at age 17 & rose to E-8 before retiring after 24 years of service.

I don't know whether or not Walz was addressed as Command Sergeant Major & wore the rank of (E-9) Command Sergeant Major, in the MN NG in 2005.

If Walz had been recalled to active duty it would have been as an E-8, Master Sergeant.

all enlisted matters within the BN/BDE. The positions will be filled by Texas Army
National Guard Sergeants Major (E9) or promotable First Sergeants/Master Sergeants
(E8). (Any MOS may apply for potential placement on the Enlisted Leader Order of
Merit list.)
You really are an odious person.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:17 pm

Merit list.)
You really are an odious person.
just a trollboy :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
off the deep end yet again. Hard to believe he was once a military officer. :(
He still isn't over Tailhook which occurred in 1991 over 30 YEARS AGO. Defending a-hole behavior even that long after it occurred is never a good look. :P
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:34 pm There was never any tangible proof that their claims were incorrect. There are 2 sides to the coin your flipping. Perhaps maybe the thought of Kerry becoming CiC was the last straw.
Tell me how many of your officers and/or non-coms could you contemplate outing in such as fashion YEARS after you served with them?
This is the part that makes me question giving guys like Vance access to taxpayer-paid weaponry in the first place.

Do they not understand how STUPID they are being?

Here's the logic:

-it's perfectly fine that Kamala, Biden, Trump...and anyone else who chooses not to serve. That's fine. They don't care. No one so much as brings up that they didn't serve.

-then when they look at a man who DID serve like Walz...for 24 freaking years....NOW they think it makes sense to throw stones because even though it would have made PERFECT sense for Walz's unit to get called up at any point in (checks note) 24 years, and it never happened..... they're telling us that "Walz is bad" because he (checks notes) retired after 24 years of honorable service to go to Congress, giving us the EXACT thing folks like OS want.....veterans in Congress.

So when it comes to "serving correctly": Trump is fine. Biden is fine. Kamala is fine. Vance and his four years is fine.

But Walz's 24 years is "bad".

GFY is my response to these partisan pieces of Sh*t.
Last edited by a fan on Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Merit list.)
You sound like a guy that spent a lot of time around military bases.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Minn National Guard specifically says Walz was promoted to the rank in 2004.

And that he served in the rank.

And that that was his rank when he retired.

Their word is good enough for me.

No one ever said shirt about E whatever. No one ever said shirt about how big his pension benefit was. No one other than Maga trolls like you cares.

What the heck is wrong with you?
Last edited by ggait on Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:36 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Atta boy!!
And I agree with the rest of your post.
The whole discussion, the insinuations,
words like abandoned, cowardice, the
belittling, the downplaying of his career.
It leaves me shaking my head in disgust.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:57 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:36 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Atta boy!!
And I agree with the rest of your post.
The whole discussion, the insinuations,
words like abandoned, cowardice, the
belittling, the downplaying of his career.
It leaves me shaking my head in disgust.
That’s an old US Naval Officer spreading that vile.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”