media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: media matters

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:30 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:14 pm

Like I called it….Propaganda. Never had a news organization operated the way FoxNews did during the Trump administration…. Yeah “they all do it”….is just plain Bullsh$t
Yep. It's REALLY bad. Killing our country.

I HATE that Americans....and even posters here......pretend like Fox isn't MSM. And NEVER hit Fox for this sh9t. ONLY CNN is bad, without one word about massive damage Fox is doing to actual, real, honest conservatives.

Said it a million times-----Fox is pro-Republican. Which has NOTHING to do with actual conservative values and governance.
The real truth is that doing what is good for business (max audience) always takes precedence over truthful information. The telling text in this case - "look what it's doing to the stock price" - Faux News is not the only player operating on this model.

It's not truth that counts but material that brings audience which brings cash.

The folks who wrote the First Amendment for the press never thought of this -
No other news organization was exclusive to a presidential administration prior to Trump. The access was unprecedented as was the syncing of the messaging….Fox operated like State Run Media. No other organization had ever operated as State Run.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:34 pm

Like I called it….Propaganda. Never had a news organization operated the way FoxNews did during the Trump administration…. Yeah “they all do it”….is just plain Bullsh$t

I HATE that Americans....and even posters here......pretend like Fox isn't MSM. And NEVER hit Fox for this sh9t. ONLY CNN is bad, without one word about massive damage Fox is doing to actual, real, honest conservatives.

Said it a million times-----Fox is pro-Republican. Which has NOTHING to do with actual conservative values and governance.
The real truth is that doing what is good for business (max audience) always takes precedence over truthful information. The telling text in this case - "look what it's doing to the stock price" - Faux News is not the only player operating on this model.

No other news organization was exclusive to a presidential administration prior to Trump. The access was unprecedented as was the syncing of the messaging….Fox operated like State Run Media. No other organization had ever operated as State Run.
True. But for ALL media if the truth isn't interesting and does not produce a large enough audience you likely won't get a heavy dose of truth.

You also coincidentally get idiots like Don Lemon allegedly delivering "the news". CNN should have just canned him rather than moving the moron for 10PM one hour slot to 3 hours from 6-9AM. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:30 pm The real truth is that doing what is good for business (max audience) always takes precedence over truthful information. The telling text in this case - "look what it's doing to the stock price" - Faux News is not the only player operating on this model.
True, but the other players chase money based on what, and how they cover something....or to ignore stories altogether. CBS and the tobacco story is one example.

That's different than knowingly and intentionally lying on the air.
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:36 pm

True. But for ALL media if the truth isn't interesting and does not produce a large enough audience you likely won't get a heavy dose of truth.
I am not sure many news organizations’ business model is based on known lies. I don’t watch “news” after local and 6:30 national news. What passes as “news” isn’t news. Its news as entertainment.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CNBC is getting bad too. The daytime commercials look similar to Fox w reverse mortgages from JJ Walker and Henry Winkler and similar pick off businesses.

The pretense is false equivalency to distort the truth. That’s all it is.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I agree with this though in general the revolving door and related access is getting as bad or worse than the iron triangle with the military industrial complex these days when non elected officials leave positions part ways through their bosses terms and the discussion is about what channel they’ll land at. Think the breakdown of the cable industry will reduce this a bit though. I hope
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:47 pm CNBC is getting bad too. The daytime commercials look similar to Fox w reverse mortgages from JJ Walker and Henry Winkler and similar pick off businesses.
Oh, I agree! Unwatchable.

My in laws watch Maddow religiously. Before Trump? Her show was really good. She's sharp as a tack. But CLEARLY figured out how to make her audience triple....and get paid.

Then as Trump's tenure went on....when I caught her show here and there? Went from "what the F is she doing?" .....to "holy cow, this show is froot loops".....slowly over the course of four years.

Depressing as hell to watch how much damage Trump did, and how many outlets got down in the mud with him.

She could have gotten away with never mentioning his name in four years. Talk about policy, Congress, world events, etc.

She knows what she did, same way Tucker and Hannity know that they lie and ingratiate themselves to the R's for cash. These people are all 1%ers for a reason.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:47 pm CNBC is getting bad too. The daytime commercials look similar to Fox w reverse mortgages from JJ Walker and Henry Winkler and similar pick off businesses.

My in laws watch Maddow religiously. Before Trump? Her show was really good. She's sharp as a tack. But CLEARLY figured out how to make her audience triple....and get paid.

Then as Trump's tenure went on....when I caught her show here and there? Went from "what the F is she doing?" .....to "holy cow, this show is froot loops".....slowly over the course of four years.

Depressing as hell to watch how much damage Trump did, and how many outlets got down in the mud with him.

She could have gotten away with never mentioning his name in four years. Talk about policy, Congress, world events, etc.

She knows what she did, same way Tucker and Hannity know that they lie and ingratiate themselves to the R's for cash. These people are all 1%ers for a reason.
Yep. Nicolle Wallace (on MSNBC two hours every day) is criminal Trump, Trump, Trump. Every day, multiple segments. Unwatchable, too.

That said, Maddow's ULTRA podcast was riveting.
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:09 pm

Yep. Nicolle Wallace (on MSNBC two hours every day) is criminal Trump, Trump, Trump. Every day, multiple segments. Unwatchable, too.

That stuff isn’t “news”.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:21 pm

That stuff isn’t “news”.
Funny to think Steve Rattner was once a terrific journalist and he said “f**k it I’ll run a hedge fund” (quadrangle)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Nobody's making MSNBC do it. They're just like FNC, playing to their target demo => All Trump Bad, All the time.
CNN was that way too, until they got tired of splitting that demo with MSNBC, fired Zucker, Cuomo & demoted Lemon. They're now tacking back to more news, but still slanted left on their commentary.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:46 pm

Nobody's making MSNBC do it. They're just like FNC, playing to their target demo => All Trump Bad, All the time.
CNN was that way too, until they got tired of splitting that demo with MSNBC, fired Zucker, Cuomo & demoted Lemon. They're now tacking back to more news, but still slanted left on their commentary.
You are confusing coverage that you don’t like with lying and government propaganda. MSNBC and CNN don’t operate like State Run TV. Fox was like Chinese/Cuban/Russian news.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Operating in a state run fashion is not equivalent to partisan news….another false equivalency that is a tactic of right wing media.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/3 ... rosenstiel

No media outlet in our lifetime operated like FoxNews.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:55 pm

You are confusing coverage that you don’t like with lying and government propaganda. MSNBC and CNN don’t operate like State Run TV. Fox was like Chinese/Cuban/Russian news.
Right. Didn't see anything on MSNBC from the Steele dossier or about the Alfa Bank server. They even hired Peter Strozk & Andy McCabe (now CNN) after they were fired for cause from the FBI, based on DoJ IG findings. MSNBC propagated the Clintion campaign's disinformation op which was based on Russian disinformation purchased from Danchenko via Steele/Fusion GPS.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:55 pm

Right. Didn't see anything on MSNBC from the Steele dossier or about the Alfa Bank server. They even hired Peter Strozk & Andy McCabe (now CNN) after they were fired for cause from the FBI, based on DoJ IG findings. MSNBC propagated the Clintion campaign's disinformation op which was based on Russian disinformation purchased from Danchenko via Steele/Fusion GPS.
You sound stupid.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:55 pm You are confusing coverage that you don’t like with lying and government propaganda. MSNBC and CNN don’t operate like State Run TV. Fox was like Chinese/Cuban/Russian news.
That's not the same thing, at all, as news in Russia or China. Trump was the government at the time. in order for it be government propaganda....by definition, it can't be critical of our head of our Government. It has to cheer them on.

FOX was the government propaganda of the Trump era. Their talking heads literally campaigned with Trump. And not one single Republican poster complained about that. Heck, I don't remember you ever criticizing Fox even once.

But your anger for the other stations is limitless. Maybe next time, you'll learn to keep your own house in order before you throw stones.

You've told us that you're not evenhanded, and are a partisan. Do you not see that it's just silly to get mad at partisans for doing exactly what you do?

If you're not going to take the high ground, why would you expect anyone else to do the same?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Aussie-flavored Pravda
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:55 pm You are confusing coverage that you don’t like with lying and government propaganda. MSNBC and CNN don’t operate like State Run TV. Fox was like Chinese/Cuban/Russian news.
That's not the same thing, at all, as news in Russia or China. Trump was the government at the time. in order for it be government propaganda....by definition, it can't be critical of our head of our Government. It has to cheer them on.

FOX was the government propaganda of the Trump era. Their talking heads literally campaigned with Trump. And not one single Republican poster complained about that. Heck, I don't remember you ever criticizing Fox even once.

But your anger for the other stations is limitless. Maybe next time, you'll learn to keep your own house in order before you throw stones.

You've told us that you're not evenhanded, and are a partisan. Do you not see that it's just silly to get mad at partisans for doing exactly what you do?

If you're not going to take the high ground, why would you expect anyone else to do the same?
How objective has MSNBC been in covering Biden & his Admin ? They were the Dem's VOA propaganda broadcast in opposition to Trump & his Admin. Now they're the pro-Biden Admin RT propaganda outlet. No better than FNC, they both get their talking points daily.

I never claimed FNC was objective. They did cover valid stories that the msm buried, like Hunter's laptop ( :lol: now go crazy. because I mentioned Hunter).

FNC's news anchors & reporters did not propagate the big lie. Cavuto's still a host. Heinrich's still a WH reporter, even more prominent now.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:07 pm

Aussie-flavored Pravda
I had Kangaroo once. Very very game-y. We had a sausage type link each which was from where the tail meets the back. Not a fan.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:39 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:59 pm

How objective has MSNBC been in covering Biden & his Admin ? They were the Dem's VOA propaganda broadcast in opposition to Trump & his Admin. Now they're the pro-Biden Admin RT propaganda outlet. No better than FNC, they both get their talking points daily.

I never claimed FNC was objective. They did cover valid stories that the msm buried, like Hunter's laptop ( :lol: now go crazy. because I mentioned Hunter).

FNC's news anchors & reporters did not propagate the big lie. Cavuto's still a host. Heinrich's still a WH reporter, even more prominent now.
Those are not the actions of State Run Media or Propaganda….. stop pouting.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”