~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: ~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:02 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:27 am
RedFromMI wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:23 pm Biden dropped out because his own most trusted people showed him the day before or so he dropped that the path to victory was essentially nil. They had been avoiding that conversation in (my guess) the hope that things might turn around, which they did not.

And he basically passed on the torch to his VP, as any other way of handling his replacement would have been a true nightmare for the Democratic party. That way his entire re-election organization and money raised could be handed over smoothly.

And Kamala consolidated the votes in record time, preventing anyone else seriously from jumping into the D race.

The fact that the fundraising has been so immense (and truly grassroots driven) has both united the Ds and driven their excitement up.
Harris received the bump that would have been expected. Now comes the hard part...the grind. Kamala has to make the case to the American people that she has what it takes to be POTUS. Her past record will pose her some serious challenges. If it is even possible the world is a much more dangerous place than it was 4 years ago. I've seen a couple of her TV ads already. They are leaning towards what you would expect...sunshine, lollypops and roses. Oh and that trump is a PoS .
I believe is is Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows - at least according to Leslie Gore.

Watch out for woodland critter creatures - otherwise known as special interest groups

https://youtu.be/hulS6xlnvNA?si=sS7Mw98IrK64pVSH
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:23 pm Biden dropped out because his own most trusted people showed him the day before or so he dropped that the path to victory was essentially nil. They had been avoiding that conversation in (my guess) the hope that things might turn around, which they did not.

And he basically passed on the torch to his VP, as any other way of handling his replacement would have been a true nightmare for the Democratic party. That way his entire re-election organization and money raised could be handed over smoothly.

And Kamala consolidated the votes in record time, preventing anyone else seriously from jumping into the D race.

The fact that the fundraising has been so immense (and truly grassroots driven) has both united the Ds and driven their excitement up.
The folks in his circle weren’t incentives to lie to him to keep him in the race for their jobs any benefit thats what happemed. and he rolled with a lot of legacy clinton plus the worst of obamas first run folks. i know they kept
talkjng about axelrod and plouff, the later is a guy who enabled travis kalanick afterwards and is a total POS who shouldnt ever have any power z
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I keep hearing that parroted in the media whenever Democrat fundraisers are interviewed.

But anecdotally, here in MD, and among my friends and wife's family cast across the US, I don't hear that same excitement over Kamela echoed.

Perhaps I'm just talking to the wrong Democrats?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:42 pm

I keep hearing that parroted in the media whenever Democrat fundraisers are interviewed.

But anecdotally, here in MD, and among my friends and wife's family cast across the US, I don't hear that same excitement over Kamela echoed.

maybe ones who can't spell her name correctly? ;)
Any of them watch last night?

I'm sure as heck hearing it from the Dems in my family and friend circles.

They are usually nervous nellies anyway, and the stakes they think (and I agree) are enormously high, so they're still somewhat having difficulty really letting go and embracing that there's a great chance to defeat Trump now. But they're super pleased with the momentum and downright chortling over how well Harris is actually performing in campaign mode...and now jazzed by Walz. But nervous nellies, they worry that Shapiro was the better choice...but that's rapidly changing to enthusiasm for Walz' performance out of the gate. And the way Shapiro and others are coalescing so strongly is also reassuring.

But they agree with Harris that the ticket remains the underdogs in the race.

Those who pay attention the most see and cite the huge surge in small money donors, the money surge overall, the huge surge in volunteers, the party unity across the board, the significant differences in crowd sizes and enthusiasm, the performances on stage, and the clarity of compelling messages, all as signals that there's a very different situation than they've been afraid about for the past two years.

A real campaign has begun now.

But sure, they worry.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Dems I know aren't excited about Kamala per se.

They're excited that it's not Joe, and feel like they have a chance to win now, after months of despair.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Probably
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Look at donor stats. A blue state generally has less upside to run than a purple one relatively speaking.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I'll dig in to those stats when I'm supposed to be doing something important for work...

😂

Perhaps the Md folks are not excited because Kamela is a foregone certainty here in a Deep Blue state. And perhaps the Indiana people feel their state is too red? I thought Ohio was more purple than red. Keep getting feedback around here that Ohio is more red than I originally thought.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:35 pm I'll dig in to those stats when I'm supposed to be doing something important for work...

😂

Perhaps the Md folks are not excited because Kamela is a foregone certainty here in a Deep Blue state. And perhaps the Indiana people feel their state is too red? I thought Ohio was more purple than red. Keep getting feedback around here that Ohio is more red than I originally thought.
Ohio is Trump Land.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:35 pm I'll dig in to those stats when I'm supposed to be doing something important for work...

😂

again, you might want to ask those Dem friends how to spell her name...that might be a 'tell' as to whether you're talking with the "right" Dems....
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:16 pm

😂

again, you might want to ask those Dem friends how to spell her name...that might be a 'tell' as to whether you're talking with the "right" Dems....
Better yet, how to pronounce it.
“I wish you would!”
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

I just returned from 4 weeks in Africa, mostly without access to data services, and my adult kids (both here in MD) with their husbands & cohorts are still riding the wave of excitement for VP Harris.

One is planning to go into PA for door-to-door canvassing for VP Kamala, similar to what she did for POTUS Biden in 2020.

Now MUCH more energy and buzz for Nov 2024.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

😂

Thought you quit working for the news industry presumed to retire.

Ohio is red. Spent enough time in the last 15yrs there, two months in miamisburg for PNC in the crisis (failed bank they acquired that was OH based but couldn’t be in their HQ), time in S OH, Dayton, Youngstown, Allimcr, etc. it’s red.

I don’t care if you do but that information might improve how informed you are. Your choice.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88a wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:46 am I just returned from 4 weeks in Africa, mostly without access to data services, and my adult kids (both here in MD) with their husbands & cohorts are still riding the wave of excitement for VP Harris.

One is planning to go into PA for door-to-door canvassing for VP Kamala, similar to what she did for POTUS Biden in 2020.

Toto reunion tour? Didn’t know they kept the same roadies from back in the day ;)
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:26 am
CU88a wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:46 am I just returned from 4 weeks in Africa, mostly without access to data services, and my adult kids (both here in MD) with their husbands & cohorts are still riding the wave of excitement for VP Harris.

Toto reunion tour? Didn’t know they kept the same roadies from back in the day ;)
:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:21 am

😂

yes, :D but let's start with spelling!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:21 am

😂

yes, :D but let's start with spelling!
Eh, I agree specially here but in general spellcheck is for editors not producers. It’s generally an approach to prolonging a debate/argument when you have no essential thoughts to convey to support your thesis. This case there’s an essence to consistently misspelling her name but most of the time it’s a distraction to keep folks from seeing the losing case one has.

What’s important is that he didn’t feel like the information I suggested he obtain was with wife to his current conclusion or would impact his thinking at all. If that ain’t important we can assume spelling the name right ain’t important either .
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU88a wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:11 am

Hope you had a nice trip and returned safe and well. A friend and family members just returned from Kenya. Said it was an amazing place.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:36 am

Hope you had a nice trip and returned safe and well. A friend and family members just returned from Kenya. Said it was an amazing place.
Thank you kind sir; my wife toured in and near Nairobi with her sister before meeting me in Tanzania. They both loved it and hope to go back for more experiences.
Typical Lax Dad

CU88a wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:38 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:36 am

Thank you kind sir; my wife toured in and near Nairobi with her sister before meeting me in Tanzania. They both loved it and hope to go back for more experiences.
Nairobi is on my bucket list. My wife and I have a friend from graduate school that lives there. I am glad you enjoyed it. We just returned from the Paris Olympics and the French Riviera. It was fantastic.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”