2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 am I would posit that anyone, irrespective of political leaning, would find the way Joe Biden "handles" little girls and grown women (Ash Carter's wife) unsettling. Maybe I'm wrong? Which of you dads with daughters would want Joe's brand of "affection" lavished upon your daughter(s)?

If he touched my daughter like that, whether when she was 15 or today, when she's 35, he would get a face full of knuckles and a kick in the balls.
keep grinding on this, you're going to get SO many people to prefer Trump.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:33 am
get it to x wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 am I would posit that anyone, irrespective of political leaning, would find the way Joe Biden "handles" little girls and grown women (Ash Carter's wife) unsettling. Maybe I'm wrong? Which of you dads with daughters would want Joe's brand of "affection" lavished upon your daughter(s)?

If he touched my daughter like that, whether when she was 15 or today, when she's 35, he would get a face full of knuckles and a kick in the balls.
You must not have a daughter.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:13 am Ron DeSantis (and I!) are still waiting on a number of you to apologize to him for your hysterical warnings about how Ron was endangering the health and welfare of Floridians. Don't hide behind the 'the beaches will seed America', since even your vaunted NYTimes discovered that it was the opposite effect, that New Yorkers actually seeded Florida.

Let's go MD, a fan, the CU's two 77 and 88, disslaxx, Red, njbill etc....step into the light and send Ron an apology! C'mon, won't be hard to do...just a quick note saying you had it all wrong and you don't understand Florida. Let's do this.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/05/ ... -strategy/

DeSantis is bemused by the obsession with Florida’s beaches. When they opened in Jacksonville, it was a big national story, usually relayed with a dire tone. “Jacksonville has almost no COVID activity outside of a nursing-home context,” he says. “Their hospitalizations are down, ICU down since the beaches opened a month ago. And yet, nobody talks about it. It’s just like, ‘Okay, we just move on to the next target.’”
I'm very pleased that my mom arrives back home here in MD today. Some of her friends started running around last week as if nothing was wrong anymore, despite the area they're in having far more cases per week than when this began. We'll be able to do better here with her.

On seeding, what you apparently don't understand PB is that the virus doesn't care what state you're from. Sure, some New Yorkers, fleeing from the spread in NY brought it to Florida. Likely some Europeans too. But you betcha that there was spread among spring breakers in Florida who then went all over the country with the virus, spreading as they went.

Florida is looking ok for now on its #'s and hopefully the sun and outdoors of summer will reduce spread. But fall is coming, so we'll see...but again, hopefully sun etc helps.

But PB, why is Ron hiding Florida's actual #'s???
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

As long as Joe keeps grinding on little girls......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:44 am

You must not have a daughter.
no, I don't, but I do have two nieces, and I have a wife. I'm also not an idiot.

There's really no basis to suggest that Biden ever did anything beyond creepy, which he's acknowledged and apologized for having done. But yeah, it was creepy.

Now, if he'd pulled a Judge Roy Moore, that's be another matter. Surely you were outraged by Trump's loud support for the good Judge, right?

EDIT, 6ft, surely you too were outraged by Trump's support for the Judge?

My point is simply that there's an enormous amount of evidence of Trump's, how should we say it kindly, "transgressions", that trying to go after Biden feels entirely fruitless.

But have at it. Grind away.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Come on MD, of course folks are gonna keep grinding on this. This is nothing more than when there is blood in the water the sharks will start circling the chum. You really expect anything less from either party? This is why Dementia Joe is a terrible candidate for the Democrats. He is a good man with some serious mental issues. You think YOUR fellow Republicans are not going to exploit them and use them to their advantage. Your a LIFELONG Republican MD. You need me to explain this to you? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:44 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:13 am Ron DeSantis (and I!) are still waiting on a number of you to apologize to him for your hysterical warnings about how Ron was endangering the health and welfare of Floridians. Don't hide behind the 'the beaches will seed America', since even your vaunted NYTimes discovered that it was the opposite effect, that New Yorkers actually seeded Florida.

Let's go MD, a fan, the CU's two 77 and 88, disslaxx, Red, njbill etc....step into the light and send Ron an apology! C'mon, won't be hard to do...just a quick note saying you had it all wrong and you don't understand Florida. Let's do this.

DeSantis is bemused by the obsession with Florida’s beaches. When they opened in Jacksonville, it was a big national story, usually relayed with a dire tone. “Jacksonville has almost no COVID activity outside of a nursing-home context,” he says. “Their hospitalizations are down, ICU down since the beaches opened a month ago. And yet, nobody talks about it. It’s just like, ‘Okay, we just move on to the next target.’”
I'm very pleased that my mom arrives back home here in MD today. Some of her friends started running around last week as if nothing was wrong anymore, despite the area they're in having far more cases per week than when this began. We'll be able to do better here with her.

On seeding, what you apparently don't understand PB is that the virus doesn't care what state you're from. Sure, some New Yorkers, fleeing from the spread in NY brought it to Florida. Likely some Europeans too. But you betcha that there was spread among spring breakers in Florida who then went all over the country with the virus, spreading as they went.

Florida is looking ok for now on its #'s and hopefully the sun and outdoors of summer will reduce spread. But fall is coming, so we'll see...but again, hopefully sun etc helps.

Not an apology. C'mon, you can do it!

OK, I realize it may be a bridge too far; so I expect a campaign check for Ron from you personally in the amount of $2,800.00, this is the only way to atone at this stage. :lol:

But, first, where's Ron hiding #'s? (and bear in mind, our numbers here could be 100% above where they're listed - which wouldn't surprise me in the least - and we'd still be looking comparatively great...I still don't know one person in my county who's contracted the virus...I'm not getting all 'Alex Jones conspiracy' on you, but man, you'd think I'd have heard of at least one employee or family member down here who had it; the only people we hear who have had it are their family members who live in New York!).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:56 am

Come on MD, of course folks are gonna keep grinding on this. This is nothing more than when there is blood in the water the sharks will start circling the chum. You really expect anything less from either party? This is why Dementia Joe is a terrible candidate for the Democrats. He is a good man with some serious mental issues. You think YOUR fellow Republicans are not going to exploit them and use them to their advantage. Your a LIFELONG Republican MD. You need me to explain this to you? :roll:
yup, but I think this will just lead to a case of TMJ.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 am

Well, I am not a republican thank God. These numb nuts are your problem. I do not blame YOUR fellow Republicans for trying to take advantage of any screw ups the Democrats make. When YOUR fellow republicans screw the pooch, the Democrats will be all over your folks like ugly on an ape. What goes around comes around. I just enjoy munching on popcorn and watching your republicans and the democrats ripping each each others throats out and blaming our countries problems on the other party... :lol: It is always the same old same old same old same old.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:06 am

OK, I realize it may be a bridge too far; so I expect a campaign check for Ron from you personally in the amount of $2,800.00, this is the only way to atone at this stage. :lol:

But, first, where's Ron hiding #'s? (and bear in mind, our numbers here could be 100% above where they're listed - which wouldn't surprise me in the least - and we'd still be looking comparatively great...I still don't know one person in my county who's contracted the virus...I'm not getting all 'Alex Jones conspiracy' on you, but man, you'd think I'd have heard of at least one employee or family member down here who had it; the only people we hear who have had it are their family members who live in New York!).
Really, you are going to pretend you don't know about this? Local and national press.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 218897002/

First person at my mom's club was tennis pro in early April. I played with him in late February. At least two staff people since, concern about further because they commute in from a known hot bed. So far, no residents...but when that happens...

But they locked down all group activities fast and early, way ahead of Ron's order, take out only from restaurant, clubhouse and exercise facilities closed entirely, barred any guests from using any club facilities or equipment (in large part to discourage in bound guests) and arranged all sorts of delivery capabilities so that residents wouldn't go out. Residents could use their own carts, but one to a cart or couple if together, and they could play golf. No tennis. No boating other than one's own boat, no guests, whether residents or not.

But that's what a wealthy, gated club community can do. It worked. But if they relax...
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

TMJ? Tara Molested by Joe?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:27 am

Well, I am not a republican thank God. These numb nuts are your problem. I do not blame YOUR fellow Republicans for trying to take advantage of any screw ups the Democrats make. When YOUR fellow republicans screw the pooch, the Democrats will be all over your folks like ugly on an ape. What goes around comes around. I just enjoy munching on popcorn and watching your republicans and the democrats ripping each each others throats out and blaming our countries problems on the other party... :lol: It is always the same old same old same old same old.
actually "these numb nuts" are all of our problems.

We all suffer with the partisan bickering and the mud wrestling. Some of that is par for the course in a vibrant democracy, but this notion that we have to actually hate everyone who isn't 100% ideologically 'pure', or now, even worse, isn't 100% 'loyal' to the strong man, is really destructive.

That is, if we actually want our country and our world to be places where our kids and grandkids can grow up in freedom, prosperity and peace improved over our own era.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:28 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:06 am

Really, you are going to pretend you don't know about this? Local and national press.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 218897002/

First person at my mom's club was tennis pro in early April. I played with him in late February. At least two staff people since, concern about further because they commute in from a known hot bed. So far, no residents...but when that happens...

But they locked down all group activities fast and early, way ahead of Ron's order, take out only from restaurant, clubhouse and exercise facilities closed entirely, barred any guests from using any club facilities or equipment (in large part to discourage in bound guests) and arranged all sorts of delivery capabilities so that residents wouldn't go out. Residents could use their own carts, but one to a cart or couple if together, and they could play golf. No tennis. No boating other than one's own boat, no guests, whether residents or not.

But that's what a wealthy, gated club community can do. It worked. But if they relax...

That woman?! Rebekah Jones! :lol:

Jones told the USA TODAY Network that she alone was responsible for "every line of code." :lol: Amazing stuff from a geology major!

I keep warning you to be skeptical of the press, but you keep on buying their malarkey!

First things first, she's a Syracuse grad, if that's not enough to make you hesitant, I am not sure the rest of this will do any good! :lol:

Rebekah apparently had a touch of the megalomania in the office suite. I am sure you have dealt with the same character in the past: not a team player, wants all the credit and none of the blame, bad mouths colleagues. What you do is what the State did; it had multiple HR meetings with her over the years, to no avail. After a few too many attempts to get her to tone her attitude down (recall that she started with a hot head, then national folks said our dashboard was the nation's envy, taking her to Tom Nichols stratospheric heights of ego!), all the while bad mouthing her dozens of colleagues who were at least similarly responsible for the dashboard, her boss told her she could resign or be fired.

It's not too hard to see that a person with this ego would choose to self-martyr herself, and simultaneously bad-mouth her dozens of colleagues on the way out (all similarly public employees; are they evil Republicans too!!!?).

And of course because the MSM couldn't derail DeSantis the first go around ('the beaches!!!!' scream), they're now all over this non-story because DeSantis must be stopped! I beg you to be more skeptical of your press, MD...it always fails you in the end, as it has here.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:43 am (omitted)

Jones told the USA TODAY Network that she alone was responsible for "every line of code." :lol: Amazing stuff from a geology major!

I keep warning you to be skeptical of the press, but you keep on buying their malarkey!

First things first, she's a Syracuse grad, if that's not enough to make you hesitant, I am not sure the rest of this will do any good! :lol:

Rebekah apparently had a touch of the megalomania in the office suite. I am sure you have dealt with the same character in the past: not a team player, wants all the credit and none of the blame, bad mouths colleagues. What you do is what the State did; it had multiple HR meetings with her over the years, to no avail. After a few too many attempts to get her to tone her attitude down (recall that she started with a hot head, then national folks said our dashboard was the nation's envy, taking her to Tom Nichols stratospheric heights of ego!), all the while bad mouthing her dozens of colleagues who were at least similarly responsible for the dashboard, her boss told her she could resign or be fired.

It's not too hard to see that a person with this ego would choose to self-martyr herself, and simultaneously bad-mouth her dozens of colleagues on the way out (all similarly public employees; are they evil Republicans too!!!?).

And of course because the MSM couldn't derail DeSantis the first go around ('the beaches!!!!' scream), they're now all over this non-story because DeSantis must be stopped! I beg you to be more skeptical of your press, MD...it always fails you in the end, as it has here.
Where she graduated from is meaningless. And she is not the perfect messenger, for sure. But (in the story from the Miami Herald about her firing):
Even before the removal of Jones, questions about Florida’s COVID-19 data had persisted. The Herald and a consortium of other news outlets sued the state over its initial refusal to release data about COVID-19 cases and deaths in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities. The state finally began releasing data about cases in long-term care data in late April. And the state is inconsistent in how it chooses to represent key data points. Hospitalization data includes the aggregate number of people who have been hospitalized, not current numbers of people hospitalized, but the state replaced the overall case count with the number of “new positive COVID-19 cases.” Gov. DeSantis, who has touted the state’s low positive rate of cases as a justification for reopening the state, initially spoke of the positive rate among all cases, but has more recently focused on the percentage of positives among new cases, which has tended to be lower.
You can see the issues over the state's numbers have been longstanding. And don't have anything to do with her.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:43 am (omitted)

Where she graduated from is meaningless. And she is not the perfect messenger, for sure. But (in the story from the Miami Herald about her firing):
Even before the removal of Jones, questions about Florida’s COVID-19 data had persisted. The Herald and a consortium of other news outlets sued the state over its initial refusal to release data about COVID-19 cases and deaths in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities. The state finally began releasing data about cases in long-term care data in late April. And the state is inconsistent in how it chooses to represent key data points. Hospitalization data includes the aggregate number of people who have been hospitalized, not current numbers of people hospitalized, but the state replaced the overall case count with the number of “new positive COVID-19 cases.” Gov. DeSantis, who has touted the state’s low positive rate of cases as a justification for reopening the state, initially spoke of the positive rate among all cases, but has more recently focused on the percentage of positives among new cases, which has tended to be lower.
You can see the issues over the state's numbers have been longstanding. And don't have anything to do with her.

Red: you might want to slow your roll reflexively trusting the Miami Herald and Tampa Bay Times; those are our two most liberal newspapers in Florida. When people here read those papers, it is always with one eye raised. Their walkbacks are legendary and frequent.

Secondly, my aside about 'Cuse is what we call 'humor', a quality that apparently TDS has erased from many afflicted.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:55 am (omitted)

Red: you might want to slow your roll reflexively trusting the Miami Herald and Tampa Bay Times; those are our two most liberal newspapers in Florida. When people here read those papers, it is always with one eye raised. Their walkbacks are legendary and frequent.

Secondly, my aside about 'Cuse is what we call 'humor', a quality that apparently TDS has erased from many afflicted.
You were not funny here.

And I don't have problems with either paper.

From Media Bias Fact check:

Miami Herald -
Overall, we rate the Miami Herald Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Tampa Bay Times -
Overall, we rate The Tampa Bay Times Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that mostly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
I am not relying on their editorial slant, which is not at play in the paragraph I posted. I am relying on them for facts. They have delivered.

If you disagree, you need some more evidence than you don't like the editorial slant of the paper.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:02 am

You were not funny here.

Miami Herald -
Overall, we rate the Miami Herald Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Tampa Bay Times -
Overall, we rate The Tampa Bay Times Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that mostly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
I am not relying on their editorial slant, which is not at play in the paragraph I posted. I am relying on them for facts. They have delivered.

If you disagree, you need some more evidence than you don't like the editorial slant of the paper.

Does the Left always want others to do the work for them? Can't you Google "Rebekah Jones Fired for Insubordination"? Also, have you ever managed a team? Ever had any members who didn't get along with others and just did what they wanted? Finally, has TDS wrecked your sense of humor?

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... was-fired/

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/05/20/d ... on-firing/

Rebekah Jones exhibited a repeated course of insubordination during her time with the department, including her unilateral decisions to modify the department’s COVID-19 dashboard without input or approval from the epidemiological team or her supervisors. The blatant disrespect for the professionals who were working around the clock to provide the important information for the COVID-19 website was harmful to the team. Accuracy and transparency are always indispensable, especially during an unprecedented public health emergency such as COVID-19. Having someone disruptive cannot be tolerated during this public pandemic, which led the department to determine that it was best to terminate her employment.”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:15 am

You were not funny here.

Miami Herald -
Tampa Bay Times -

Does the Left always want others to do the work for them? Can't you Google "Rebekah Jones Fired for Insubordination"? Also, have you ever managed a team? Ever had any members who didn't get along with others and just did what they wanted? Finally, has TDS wrecked your sense of humor?

Rebekah Jones exhibited a repeated course of insubordination during her time with the department, including her unilateral decisions to modify the department’s COVID-19 dashboard without input or approval from the epidemiological team or her supervisors. The blatant disrespect for the professionals who were working around the clock to provide the important information for the COVID-19 website was harmful to the team. Accuracy and transparency are always indispensable, especially during an unprecedented public health emergency such as COVID-19. Having someone disruptive cannot be tolerated during this public pandemic, which led the department to determine that it was best to terminate her employment.”
Do you even read my replies? I said she had problems. That is not what I was pointing out.

In an article ABOUT HER FIRING is where I got the paragraph about the other issues that have been pointed out about the Florida government lack of transparency (which ultimately falls on DeSantis). And then you just reflexively responded by trying to discredit the messengers. (And confusing editorial slant vs. factual data reporting).

The lack of transparency is bigger than this story of the dashboard and Ms. Jones. That is what I was pointing out. Again - do you actually read stuff? Or just get so mad that you have to reply without carefully reading?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:20 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:15 am

You were not funny here.

Miami Herald -
Tampa Bay Times -

Do you even read my replies? I said she had problems. That is not what I was pointing out.

In an article ABOUT HER FIRING is where I got the paragraph about the other issues that have been pointed out about the Florida government lack of transparency (which ultimately falls on DeSantis). And then you just reflexively responded by trying to discredit the messengers. (And confusing editorial slant vs. factual data reporting).

The lack of transparency is bigger than this story of the dashboard and Ms. Jones. That is what I was pointing out. Again - do you actually read stuff? Or just get so mad that you have to reply without carefully reading?

You're just blindly repeating nonsense from the national media. Literally no one who isn't a member of the MSM or isn't a hyper-partisan Democrat birdbrain is at all concerned that Ron DeSantis is supervising some massive hush-hush conspiracy in Tallahassee of our top epidemiologists, medical professionals, and data researchers suppressing Covid case numbers. I'd think our newspaper obits would be flooded with such shenanigans and put the lie to a test!

Ya know, like most other states, most of our government workforce is Democratic. You'd think that crew would be running to the newspapers to bolster this non-claim claim that Ron is orchestrating a massive conspiracy.

As we know, all it takes is one nutcase and CNN is on the job! Think: Christine Blasey Ford. Rebekah is a nutter and some media ran with the conspiracy charge, the MSM picks it up because 'Ron DeSantis Bad', and now out of staters chime in that it must be so!

Man, how do you people survive!!?!?! It beggars belief. :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PB either has a hard on for Ron or perhaps his wife, whose looks he has repeatedly complimented.

Hard to explain otherwise, except for his all in all the time Red team partisan trolling.

Return to “POLITICS”