The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:18 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:13 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:06 am Not Willie Brown.

Nate Holden, 95, a former Los Angeles councilman who grew close to Donald Trump when he tried to renovate the historic Ambassador hotel in the 90s, says he was the one in the helicopter w/ Trump when it almost crashed. They were headed for the Taj.

“Willie is the short Black guy living in San Francisco,” Holden told POLITICO in an interview late Friday. “I’m a tall Black guy living in Los Angeles.

“I guess we all look alike,” Holden added, letting out a big laugh.

So Trump confused two black men, and completely invented the conversation about Kamala Harris to smear her. In 1990, the time of the helicopter emergency, Harris had just graduated from law school and was starting her career in the Alameda County DA office.

But sure, let’s smear Walz’s 24 years of service and work for Trump!!
Well it does seem that for a very long time now that every time trump opens his mouth he inserts his foot.
Yes, something you excoriated Biden for. This, though, is the guy running for President and Old Salt spends his day amplifying the smear on a guy who served for 24 years. Brothers in arms, not when the little D appears. Just a f@cking disgrace, again.
Your not exactly correct counselor. I ribbed Joe Biden because ever frequently he didn't seem to have any clue what he was talking about. trump reminds me of a salesman I worked with at Coca Cola. He would open his mouth and lie out of his ass every time it served his purpose. It becomes so much their second nature they aren't even aware they are doing it after awhile. I don't honestly believe they are aware they are doing it. When I heard trump tell his Willie Brown story it made me smile. Willie Brown would have thrown him out of the helicopter before he would have rode in it with him.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:22 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:11 am It is hinky indeed to allow your rank at the time of retirement to be mischaracterized. He knew his official pay grade was E8 not E9. That may not seem to be a discernable difference to most people. To the US Army it is a big deal. That differentiates between a company level NCO and a brigade level NCO. There is a part of me that wonders why he never attended the CSM Academy to put the exclamation mark on his military career. That extra pay grade figured into his retirement pay would not have been chicken feed.
Details I remain curious about. I don't know how the Army handles temporary promotions. Did he wear the uniform rank of E-8 or E-9 ? What did it say on his office door & desk ? Was he addressed as Command Sergeant Major or Command Master Sergeant or still just Master Sergeant. Did he have to attend a Command Sergeant Major course or could he complete it on an independent study basis ? Why did he not complete the course ? I believe he was selected for promotion & serving in the CSM job for 2 years. As a school teacher, I'd think he could attend the CSM course during the school summer vacation.
https://www.ncoworldwide.army.mil/Acade ... r-Academy/
In the 82nd Airborne first sergeants, SM and CSM were most frequently referred to as " TOP" it was a term of endearment they usually understood and appreciated. No explanation why is needed. FTR sightings of a brigade level CSM were few and far between. That usually only happened once a year at division review.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:27 am

Nate Holden, 95, a former Los Angeles councilman who grew close to Donald Trump when he tried to renovate the historic Ambassador hotel in the 90s, says he was the one in the helicopter w/ Trump when it almost crashed. They were headed for the Taj.

“Willie is the short Black guy living in San Francisco,” Holden told POLITICO in an interview late Friday. “I’m a tall Black guy living in Los Angeles.

So Trump confused two black men, and completely invented the conversation about Kamala Harris to smear her. In 1990, the time of the helicopter emergency, Harris had just graduated from law school and was starting her career in the Alameda County DA office.

Well it does seem that for a very long time now that every time trump opens his mouth he inserts his foot.
Yes, something you excoriated Biden for. This, though, is the guy running for President and Old Salt spends his day amplifying the smear on a guy who served for 24 years. Brothers in arms, not when the little D appears. Just a f@cking disgrace, again.
Your not exactly correct counselor. I ribbed Joe Biden because ever frequently he didn't seem to have any clue what he was talking about. trump reminds me of a salesman I worked with at Coca Cola. He would open his mouth and lie out of his ass every time it served his purpose. It becomes so much their second nature they aren't even aware they are doing it after awhile. I don't honestly believe they are aware they are doing it. When I heard trump tell his Willie Brown story it made me smile. Willie Brown would have thrown him out of the helicopter before he would have rode in it with him.
Trump can't tell the difference between two black men, one tall the other short, one from LA, the other from San Francisco.

The helicopter ride happened in the 1990s, not when Trump was President.

It happened in NJ, not CA.

The current version he had with this black man never happened — complete fabrication.

Harris was a recent law school graduate, who nobody knew.

If Biden showed a scintilla of this level of confusion and confabulation, it would generate a million front page articles. And you and the local piece of sh@t would crow about it endlessly.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:38 am

Trump can't tell the difference between two black men, one tall the other short, one from LA, the other from San Francisco.

The current version he had with this black man never happened — complete fabrication.

If Biden showed a scintilla of this level of confusion and confabulation, it would generate a million front page articles. And you and the local piece of sh@t would crow about it endlessly.
They all look alike.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Salespeople spew stupid chit every day. I think it is less being confused than having developed a habit over the years of always telling people what you think they want to hear. In the case of trump confusion has apparently entered the equation on a daily basis. It is also quite possible he just doesn't care what he says.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:46 am

Salespeople spew stupid chit every day. I think it is less being confused than having developed a habit over the years of always telling people what you think they want to hear. In the case of trump confusion has apparently entered the equation on a daily basis. It is also quite possible he just doesn't care what he says.
ohh, he does "care".
He is lying because he wishes to hurt his opponent. That's intentional.

It is possible, as well, that he's truly so deranged that he's capable of 'dreaming' stories that aren't true but which fit his purposes.

But he knows that his 'story' would damage his opponent if true.
What he does NOT "care" about is whether anything he says is true.

Any time he speaks off script, which is frequently, the lies come out like machine gun fire.
Almost too many to pay attention to any single lie.
His supporters see this as "fighting" or "owning" "the libs" and cheer him...they too don't "care" about truth.

He is Totally Disqualified.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:20 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:46 am

ohh, he does "care".
He is lying because he wishes to hurt his opponent. That's intentional.

It is possible, as well, that he's truly so deranged that he's capable of 'dreaming' stories that aren't true but which fit his purposes.

But he knows that his 'story' would damage his opponent if true.
What he does NOT "care" about is whether anything he says is true.

Any time he speaks off script, which is frequently, the lies come out like machine gun fire.
Almost too many to pay attention to any single lie.
His supporters see this as "fighting" or "owning" "the libs" and cheer him...they too don't "care" about truth.

He is Totally Disqualified.
If there is any method to trumps madness I don't know what it could be. Whoever the poor bastard is that is trying to manage his campaign must be going out of his or her mind. What little I see or even pay attention to anything trump says shows someone who has engaged the cruise control and is totally disconnected from the campaign. I don't know if this is by design or whether he is simply going through the motions having decided to give the month of August to the Harris camp.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:33 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:16 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:50 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:47 pm He said that he had served "in war" & allowed the public to think he had seen combat & served in Afghanistan.
Sure he did. Which is why you refuse to actually quote what he said, and in what context.
I can't find a full video clip of what he said for you, but it's all over tv. You've had ample opporyinty to view it.

Context = he was in an animated rant about assault weapons & said (I paraphrase) we should not be allowed to have weapons like the ones he used "in war", implying that he had used weapons "in war".

Feel free to post as much of his acual text as necessary to establish the context to your satisfaction.
We've seen the partial video clips and he's clearly saying he "carried" those weapons of war. However, his use of the phrase "in war", which is where the clips end, is not intended to suggest that he fought, fired weapons in combat. He'd have said so if that's what he meant. His phrasing was wrong, but his intention was not.

One needs to want to find fault to hang this argument of stolen valor on him, to say those couple of words means that he was actually claiming then or at any time that he'd been in combat. He did not mean that, it's obvious that's not what he meant.

He also said that he's a hunter...are we going to say he claimed he shot a bear because he's a hunter? Bigfoot maybe? No, we're going to understand that what else he's said, to provide context. I've heard him say in separate clips he hunted pheasants and deer; I'd bet he hunted other birds, maybe rabbits and squirrels too at some point, as most hunters do, but that's not what I've yet heard...maybe he hunted Bigfoot too but he didn't claim he did.

The National Guard is rarely called to serve in combat. So, no reason to assume a claim of such when it's not explicitly made and repeated as such.

This notion that he purposely misrepresented his service is hugely bogus as he'd made prior clear public statements and he immediately referred to them when first accused of such misrepresentation. He didn't allow any misunderstanding remain...except in the minds of his attackers.
The entire effort is a pathetic joke.

A $2 hooker extracts more economic rent for her efforts than our
Homeboy sold out sailor.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:37 am
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:47 pm He said that he had served "in war" & allowed the public to think he had seen combat & served in Afghanistan.
Sure he did. Which is why you refuse to actually quote what he said, and in what context.
I can't find a full video clip of what he said for you, but it's all over tv. You've had ample opporyinty to view it.

Context = he was in an animated rant about assault weapons & said (I paraphrase) we should not be allowed to have weapons like the ones he used "in war", implying that he had used weapons "in war".

Feel free to post as much of his acual text as necessary to establish the context to your satisfaction.
We've seen the partial video clips and he's clearly saying he "carried" those weapons of war. However, his use of the phrase "in war", which is where the clips end, is not intended to suggest that he fought, fired weapons in combat. He'd have said so if that's what he meant. His phrasing was wrong, but his intention was not.

One needs to want to find fault to hang this argument of stolen valor on him, to say those couple of words means that he was actually claiming then or at any time that he'd been in combat. He did not mean that, it's obvious that's not what he meant.

He also said that he's a hunter...are we going to say he claimed he shot a bear because he's a hunter? Bigfoot maybe? No, we're going to understand that what else he's said, to provide context. I've heard him say in separate clips he hunted pheasants and deer; I'd bet he hunted other birds, maybe rabbits and squirrels too at some point, as most hunters do, but that's not what I've yet heard...maybe he hunted Bigfoot too but he didn't claim he did.

The National Guard is rarely called to serve in combat. So, no reason to assume a claim of such when it's not explicitly made and repeated as such.

This notion that he purposely misrepresented his service is hugely bogus as he'd made prior clear public statements and he immediately referred to them when first accused of such misrepresentation. He didn't allow any misunderstanding remain...except in the minds of his attackers.

Homeboy sold out sailor.
And when did you receive your honorable discharge? :D
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:06 am

Homeboy sold out sailor.
Service alone does not rationalize being a jerk. :oops:

It also is not a required prerequisite to express an opinion.
ggait

Post by ggait »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:22 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:11 am It is hinky indeed to allow your rank at the time of retirement to be mischaracterized. He knew his official pay grade was E8 not E9. That may not seem to be a discernable difference to most people. To the US Army it is a big deal. That differentiates between a company level NCO and a brigade level NCO. There is a part of me that wonders why he never attended the CSM Academy to put the exclamation mark on his military career. That extra pay grade figured into his retirement pay would not have been chicken feed.
Details I remain curious about. I don't know how the Army handles temporary promotions. Did he wear the uniform rank of E-8 or E-9 ? What did it say on his office door & desk ? Was he addressed as Command Sergeant Major or Command Master Sergeant or still just Master Sergeant. Did he have to attend a Command Sergeant Major course or could he complete it on an independent study basis ? Why did he not complete the course ? I believe he was selected for promotion & serving in the CSM job for 2 years. As a school teacher, I'd think he could attend the CSM course during the school summer vacation.
https://www.ncoworldwide.army.mil/Acade ... r-Academy/
I am simply shocked at the behavior of our two Vet posters.

Walz was in fact serving as a command sergeant major (the highest enlisted rank I believe) when he retired.

But his pension benefit papers at retirement put him one step lower – a master sergeant. Because Walz retired before completing certain requirements to allow his pension benefits to be calculated in accordance with the higher rank.

So this is not Walz stealing valor. This is Salty and Cra trying to steal legitimate earned service and valor from Walz because of a pension benefit calculation formula. Disgusting. Swift-boating. Maga-gaslight.

What is wrong with you guys?

Ignore Dumb and Dumber. Here are the facts according to the MN National Guard. Which facts are easily available to all via a simple Google search.

“[Walz] held multiple positions within field artillery such as firing battery chief, operations sergeant, first sergeant and culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion. He retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy,” said Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, the Minnesota National Guard’s state public affairs officer.
Last edited by ggait on Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:40 am

They all look alike.
I mean

https://youtu.be/zB7MichlL1k?si=dhedFjKZWW1rPldC
njbill

Post by njbill »

If you ex-service guys don’t stop with your nitpicking, we lawyers are going to engage in an extended dialogue about the intricacies of the rule against perpetuities. :P
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Homeboy sold out sailor.
Receive???

Listen son, I give the honorable discharges. Sometimes multiple times in a session and distributed generally from lower back cesspool divot and eyelashes.

Then I usually hear…”thank you sir may I’ve another”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:24 am

Homeboy sold out sailor.

You’re working with a man the titled a Jethro Tull album after. He will be confused by your words.
ggait

Post by ggait »

If you ex-service guys don’t stop with your nitpicking, we lawyers are going to engage in an extended dialogue about the intricacies of the rule against perpetuities.

Life in being plus 21 years!

I will raise you an adverse possession CANOE (continuous, adverse, notorious, open, exclusive). Bar exam was 39 years ago last week. I still got it!

And a second raise. Res ipsa loquitor -- meaning the thing speaks for itself. Example: If Salty posted it, you know it is MAGA troll bull shirt.
Last edited by ggait on Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:15 pm
If you ex-service guys don’t stop with your nitpicking, we lawyers are going to engage in an extended dialogue about the intricacies of the rule against perpetuities.

Life in being plus 21 years!

And I will raise you an adverse possession CANOE (continuous, adverse, notorious, open, exclusive). Bar exam was 39 years ago last week. I still got it!
Here’s the model for how the govt regulates calculate the risk weighting (nominal outstanding multiples by this less than 1.0 number .

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-12/c ... on-217.144
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:11 pm If you ex-service guys don’t stop with your nitpicking, we lawyers are going to engage in an extended dialogue about the intricacies of the rule against perpetuities. :P
Wait, you guys haven't been doing that already? ;)

In fairness...the company I work for is about half ex-service guys and gals. And it does matter to them.
I'd say it matters even more than what HS you attended matters to the Baltimore folk!

:shock:
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:24 am

Homeboy sold out sailor.

Having experienced it first hand sure is helpful in a situation such as this. I don't intend to demean anyones opinion. You can't truly understand the experience without having lived it. Having stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night isn't really helpful. I've learned a lot about lacrosse since my kids started playing eons ago. I never played the game so I don't know what the game is like with a stick in my hand and someone whacking away at my arm. That is much different than having watched from the stands.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”