Baltimore: A Shining Star

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Baltimore: A Shining Star

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:48 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:06 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:10 pm Because of proximity to Baltimore...wink, wink...them thar darkies are the problem.

so disgusting.
Also, your post is again a personal insult which runs afoul of the rules of the board, not to mention it’s despicable. No one brought up race other than of course you.
Everyone knows it's the PA Dutch coming across the state line that's doing all the killing.
nah, you're not implying anything, just like the gator wasn't. :roll:
The dog park easier to identify during daylight comment was foul. Total joke from a joke.

It’s revealing that Democrats don’t discuss crime (unless forced). Why? Democratic policies. They directly lead to murder and mayhem. And the only way to avoid that conversation is to accuse others of racism. Voila. Despicable and irrelevant, but predictable.

Absolutely no one considers race here other than those who bring it up, to redirect the argument. The OVERRIDING ISSUE is POLICY. Progressive DA’s like Marilyn Mosby and those who vote for people like her are responsible.

So here’s the other awful tragedy. Who pays the overwhelming penalty for these progressive DA’s like Boudin and Mosby and Krasner? Ironically, and for the first time I’ll raise it, black families, whose children are murdered. You won’t however see most Democrats lament that stark fact.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 amAbsolutely no one considers race here other than those who bring it up, to redirect the argument...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:45 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 amAbsolutely no one considers race here other than those who bring it up, to redirect the argument...

Do you know the race of Larry Krasner?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:50 am Do you know the race of Larry Krasner?
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am It’s revealing that Democrats don’t discuss crime (unless forced)....
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am And the only way to avoid that conversation is to accuse others of racism...
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am Absolutely no one considers race here other than those who bring it up, to redirect the argument...
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am Ironically, and for the first time I’ll raise it, black families, whose children are murdered. You won’t however see most Democrats lament that stark fact...
Really...?
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:10 pm Because of proximity to Baltimore...wink, wink...them thar darkies are the problem.

so disgusting.
Also, your post is again a personal insult which runs afoul of the rules of the board, not to mention it’s despicable. No one brought up race other than of course you.
Everyone knows it's the PA Dutch coming across the state line that's doing all the killing.
The dog park easier to identify during daylight comment was foul. Total joke from a joke.

It’s revealing that Democrats don’t discuss crime (unless forced). Why? Democratic policies. They directly lead to murder and mayhem. And the only way to avoid that conversation is to accuse others of racism. Voila. Despicable and irrelevant, but predictable.

Absolutely no one considers race here other than those who bring it up, to redirect the argument. The OVERRIDING ISSUE is POLICY. Progressive DA’s like Marilyn Mosby and those who vote for people like her are responsible.

So here’s the other awful tragedy. Who pays the overwhelming penalty for these progressive DA’s like Boudin and Mosby and Krasner? Ironically, and for the first time I’ll raise it, black families, whose children are murdered. You won’t however see most Democrats lament that stark fact.
Guess I’m still a Republican because I had my car broken into twice last year and two laptops stolen.

But I don’t know otherwise why you quoted me. I’m still in the party (for now-and make no mistake the idiots who just showed up to “politics”/culture Warriors the last 5-7yrs news the numbers of the rinos whether they can do math or not) and talk about all issue sans debate both sides often. Should’ve quoted someone else.

Maybe you should’ve addressed what was clearly a race relates comment about dog parks and tatoos but you chose to quote me and attempt to redirect from a foul comment from a person who clearly cares about dogs more than people, by the only evidence i have to work with which is said persons chosen words here to go by. if you're quoting me why not focus on the comment at hand? is it for some strategic, and not as opaque as you might think, purpose?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am It’s revealing that Democrats don’t discuss crime (unless forced)....
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am And the only way to avoid that conversation is to accuse others of racism...
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am Absolutely no one considers race here other than those who bring it up, to redirect the argument...
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am Ironically, and for the first time I’ll raise it, black families, whose children are murdered. You won’t however see most Democrats lament that stark fact...
Really...?

PROGRESSIVE POLICY

Philadelphia:

The Fraternal Order of Police call for the impeachment of Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2022/ ... peachment/

Los Angeles:

On Thursday, the L.A. County Registrar approved a second campaign to recall Gascón, who has come under fire for policies that opponents say are “pro-criminal” and “anti-victim.”

https://www.hometownstation.com/santa-c ... lot-404371

Chicago:

Seeming to edge closer to a race for mayor, former schools chief Arne Duncan today launched a blistering attack on the Lightfoot administration’s crime record, charging that “misguided policies” have left the Chicago Police Department “in crisis” and police officers “exhausted.”

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/greg-hi ... rne-duncan

San Francisco:

San Francisco Police Chief William Scott said his department will no longer work with District Attorney Chesa Boudin’s office on police-involved shooting and use-of-force cases.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/san-francisc ... esa-boudin
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:18 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am

so disgusting.

Guess I’m still a Republican because I had my car broken into twice last year and two laptops stolen.

But I don’t know otherwise why you quoted me. I’m still in the party (for now-and make no mistake the idiots who just showed up to “politics”/culture Warriors the last 5-7yrs news the numbers of the rinos whether they can do math or not) and talk about all issue sans debate both sides often. Should’ve quoted someone else.

Maybe you should’ve addressed what was clearly a race relates comment about dog parks and tatoos but you chose to quote me and attempt to redirect from a foul comment from a person who clearly cares about dogs more than people, by the only evidence i have to work with which is said persons chosen words here to go by. if you're quoting me why not focus on the comment at hand? is it for some strategic, and not as opaque as you might think, purpose?

I literally didn’t even understand your post.

I was simply trying to keep the thread going.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ok then why quote vs just reply? You know how to do the latter correct?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:33 am Ok then why quote vs just reply? You know how to do the latter correct?

I really don’t.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:30 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:59 am
Really...?
PROGRESSIVE POLICY
So write about progressive policy. Why say Democrats don't discuss crime, only way to avoid that conversation is to accuse others of racism, etc?
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You know why
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

And that, for much of the year, "Baltimore is lacrosse heaven" didn't even make the list. https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/secti ... right-now/
Caddy Day
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

No surprise whatsoever.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... what was the #1 reason? It is not Florida.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:30 pm ... what was the #1 reason? It is not Florida.
The number 1 reason, may explain the high crime. :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

At some point, even Baltimore might reject progressive politicians.

Defense attorneys, legal observers say charges against Baltimore State’s Attorney Mosby may make city’s crime fight even tougher.

Some of those familiar with the city’s criminal justice system also say her indictment could strain law enforcement relationships — importantly, collaboration between the city prosecutor’s office and the U.S. attorney’s office — critical to curtailing a staggering rate of violent crime in Baltimore.

Defense attorney Warren Brown can foresee a scenario where he or other veteran litigators, seeking every advantage in court, bring up Mosby’s indictment when facing prosecutors from her office in a city courtroom. It would be most relevant, he said, in a case in which his client was charged with fraud or lying on paperwork. He may try to tie it to other types of cases, too, Brown said.

Gregg Bernstein, Mosby’s predecessor, expressed concerns that the indictment could indeed serve as a distraction during a difficult time for Baltimore.

The city recorded 36 homicides over the first month of 2022, the most in a January since 1973, when there were 35 people killed and the city had many more residents. Nonfatal shootings are up compared with the same time in 2021. During each of the past seven years, at least 300 people have been killed in Baltimore.

Both offices prosecute violence in Baltimore, and can collaborate to make cases stronger. For instance, when it may be difficult to win a murder or attempted murder conviction in state court, a shooting may be evidence of organized crime. That means it could become part of a federal conspiracy case against a criminal organization, and cases pursued by the U.S. attorney’s office bring the resources of the federal government to investigation, trial and sentencing.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime ... story.html
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:18 am The dog park easier to identify during daylight comment was foul. Total joke from a joke.
FTR -- it was not daylight, it was warm weather -- making it easier to ID the closet white supremacists by their tattoos

Here is the entire exchange :
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:16 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:06 am Fine line, that.
Often, it's just an 'acceptable', 'polite' or in some cases 'genteel' overlay to the deeper set of assumptions about the proper order.

Signaling common cause with those who are aggressively racist, even if one would deny that if asked...

Of course, it's also used by those who are aggressively racist.
Can't be too careful. Watch out for the polite ones, they're the most sinister. To be safe, just assume they are all closet racists, unless they agree with you & excessively virtue signal in a convincing way. They're probably just going along to get along.
Particularly the surprisingly nice people at the dog park.
Easier to spot in the summer when you can see their tattoos.
Also requires a careful analysis of the origins of the dog's breed & name.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:18 am The dog park easier to identify during daylight comment was foul. Total joke from a joke.
FTR -- it was not daylight, it was warm weather -- making it easier to ID the closet white supremacists by their tattoos

Often, it's just an 'acceptable', 'polite' or in some cases 'genteel' overlay to the deeper set of assumptions about the proper order.

Signaling common cause with those who are aggressively racist, even if one would deny that if asked...

Can't be too careful. Watch out for the polite ones, they're the most sinister. To be safe, just assume they are all closet racists, unless they agree with you & excessively virtue signal in a convincing way. They're probably just going along to get along.
You still doing your part by buying tacos from the food truck?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:43 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:27 pm

You still doing your part by buying tacos from the food truck?
Moved indoors. They now have 2 walk-in storefront Taquerias on my way home. They still have lines for pickup on taco tues.

Return to “POLITICS”