JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:36 am AFAN....once again, you cared less when a little D was in the White House. Who, exactly, was Obama's Cabinet members and what captains of the industry did they make money on?

COnflict of interest? Company X , which makes the problematic X69 gulf wing sportscar SUV tactical personnel carrier, (it DOES have USB charging ports :roll: ), Congressperson M votes YES on the X69 gulf wing sportscar SUV tpc, after getting a $million dollar campaign donation.

Do YOU mean THAT kind of conflict?

exactly.....oh the feigned suddenly I caring.
Dude. Where did the phrase TAATS originate? That's right. The Water Cooler. Your memory is HORRIBLE if you honestly can't remember how many times you and I specifically called out the horse*hit corruption that happened under Obama's watch.

Obamacare giveaways. Union carveouts. Solyndra. Pelosi's nonsense, and the inherent corruption that comes with being in Congress since 19-freaking-93.

And then Hillary, FFS. Come on, man. You don't remember discussing her disgusting pay for play Clinton Foundation to gain access to the SoState?

Deleted comment made in poor taste.
Last edited by a fan on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

YES
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:15 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:36 am AFAN....once again, you cared less when a little D was in the White House. Who, exactly, was Obama's Cabinet members and what captains of the industry did they make money on?

COnflict of interest? Company X , which makes the problematic X69 gulf wing sportscar SUV tactical personnel carrier, (it DOES have USB charging ports :roll: ), Congressperson M votes YES on the X69 gulf wing sportscar SUV tpc, after getting a $million dollar campaign donation.

Dude. Where did the phrase TAATS originate? That's right. The Water Cooler. Your memory is HORRIBLE if you honestly can't remember how many times you and I specifically called out the horse*hit corruption that happened under Obama's watch.

Obamacare giveaways. Union carveouts. Solyndra. Pelosi's nonsense, and the inherent corruption that comes with being in Congress since 19-freaking-93.

And then Hillary, FFS. Come on, man. You don't remember discussing her disgusting pay for play Clinton Foundation to gain access to the SoState?

You're drunk if you think I haven't criticized Dem corruption.
No need for that last comment, I wonder what is going on with some of you folks.....really anxious, defensive.....over the fork not being lined up with the napkin fold :o

But, AFAN..........one of my favorite bjork songs, Army of Me, is the army of one/AFAN, critiqueing the dems on THIS website?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqfQXJSvbo4
a fan

Post by a fan »

I just criticized the Dems in the very post you're citing!

And I didn't mean to offend with that comment, I'm sorry I wrote that.

Tell you the same thing I told tech37-----the Dems have been powerless for years now. Last time they called the shots was Obama's first two years in office. So criticizing them is pretty difficult when it comes to legislation....which is where the rubber meets the road.

I criticized all four massive spending bills, and pointed out that Pelosi and Schumer signed all four----which should tell real conservatives how bad those bills are. I criticized the rudeness of interrupting dinners trend that was in vogue for a few months.

I also said the far right and the far left are the same thing when it comes to limiting free speech and spewing hate.

I don't know what else to say------read my posts more carefully?

Apologies again for the out of line comment.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:39 pm
And I didn't mean to offend with that comment, I'm sorry I wrote that.

Apologies again for the out of line comment.
Are you allowed to say stuff like that here?!

;)
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

What, apologize? :lol:

Hope so! ;)
ggait

Post by ggait »

In a letter dated Sept. 12 to the House Oversight Committee, which is investigating military spending at Turnberry, the Pentagon acknowledged it had spent just over $184,000 at the president's Scottish resort. That sum included $124,579 in lodging and $59,730 in unidentified additional expenditures between August 9, 2017 to July 26, 2019. The average cost of a room was $189 a night, the Pentagon said.

In the two years prior, the Air Force spent about $64,000 at the hotel, according to the Pentagon.
That implies the govt bought 660 room nights since Bone Spurs came into office.

It may not actually be fishy, but it sure looks like it is fishy.

Which is why normal ethical humans don't do bull shirt like this.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:42 pm

You're drunk if you think I haven't criticized Dem corruption.
No need for that last comment, I wonder what is going on with some of you folks.....really anxious, defensive.....over the fork not being lined up with the napkin fold :o

But, AFAN..........one of my favorite bjork songs, Army of Me, is the army of one/AFAN, critiqueing the dems on THIS website?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqfQXJSvbo4
“You’re drunk” is an american figure of speech and you know that....like “you must he high”...
You ain’t a snowflake
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:02 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:38 pm .:lol:. It's not being buried. The IC IG is already investigating the whistleblower complaint. The whistleblower is protected & (so far) there have been no leaks. The new DNI is smart enough to know that as soon as Schiff gets the report, it will be leaked. The current ODNI IG is a 15 yr DoJ veteran.
Doesn't matter. Schiff is on the Intel committee. The law REQUIRES the CIA director to hand over the complaint to the Intel committee within 7 days of getting it. If he doesn't, the whistleblower can contact the committee directly.

Only question is, when was the whistleblower complaint filed? Once you have that, the math is easy. Of course, who controls that information?

The timeline of the law:

(B) Within the 60-calendar day period beginning on the day of
receipt from an employee of a complaint or information under
subparagraph (A), the Inspector General shall determine whether the
complaint or information appears credible. If the Inspector General
determines that the complaint or information appears credible, the
Inspector General within such period shall transmit the complaint or
information to the Director.
``(C) The Director shall, within 7 calendar days after receipt of
the transmittal from the Inspector General under subparagraph (B),
forward such transmittal to the intelligence committees together with
any comments the Director considers appropriate.

Has it occurred to you that this could be a whistleblower into the leaking you despise so much? We have no clue what the complaint is.
Exactly. You got to ask yourself why such a smart guy as OS always misses the point on the issues and redirects the focus to another, non-germane point of his own. Here, the law unambiguously requires "transmittal to the intelligence committees, together with any comments the Director considers appropriate." This is Congress mandating cooperation of an executive agency. It was once understood and ho-hum. Now, not so much maybe.

I think the problem here, for OS, is that his bete noire Schiff appears to be correct.
.:roll:. ...calm down. Don't let Schiff get you all lathered up. The DNI will brief the HPSCI next Thurs in closed session. Schiff will ieak it shortly thereafter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/top-int ... d=65691964
ggait

Post by ggait »

If the IC credibly believes that the president is a national security threat, wouldn't it be a good thing for folks to be informed about that?

And wouldn't this kind of illegal stonewalling under the applicable laws be the sort of thing that would drive a public official (say someone like maybe Jim Comey?) to color slightly outside the lines? Since we can see that anything inside the lines is going to be buried?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Bingo.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:37 pm If the IC credibly believes that the president is a national security threat, wouldn't it be a good thing for folks to be informed about that?

And wouldn't this kind of illegal stonewalling under the applicable laws be the sort of thing that would drive a public official (say someone like maybe Jim Comey?) to color slightly outside the lines? Since we can see that anything inside the lines is going to be buried?
Relax. Trump will tell us all about it in a Tweet later today.
Of course the IC thinks Trump's a national security threat.
They've been trying to take him out since he got the nomination.
Mueller's kill shot misfired, so they're pulling out all stops.
Flynn was the appetizer. Trump's the main course.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:49 pm
In a letter dated Sept. 12 to the House Oversight Committee, which is investigating military spending at Turnberry, the Pentagon acknowledged it had spent just over $184,000 at the president's Scottish resort. That sum included $124,579 in lodging and $59,730 in unidentified additional expenditures between August 9, 2017 to July 26, 2019. The average cost of a room was $189 a night, the Pentagon said.

In the two years prior, the Air Force spent about $64,000 at the hotel, according to the Pentagon.

Normal humans don't have to divert into airports in the middle of nowhere & need rooms for 40 crew & passengers, on short notice.
We ask our military to do stuff we don't ask normal humans to do.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Hostage negotiator -- what better job experience to be the buffer between Trump & the National Security establishment ?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:08 am

Normal humans don't have to divert into airports in the middle of nowhere & need rooms for 40 crew & passengers, on short notice.
Ask again......I slept on the ground on many occasion while wearing fatigues.....why the F do these guys have to sleep in nice hotels? OH, right, OFFICERS. Super special smarties.

Glad everyone is suddenly up in arms about military spending.....BUT.......only because it shows up on a tRump leger? :roll:

Paris Hilton and hotel chain ever donate money to anyone? How about the Marriots? When a bundler, who lives in London, raisers 100's of millions for tRump, Hillaryous Clinton and Obama.....no one wonders about the "CONflicts of interest"

Please elect a DEMOCRAT because this kind of stuff has NEVER happened before. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:03 am
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:08 am

Ask again......I slept on the ground on many occasion while wearing fatigues.....why the F do these guys have to sleep in nice hotels? OH, right, OFFICERS. Super special smarties.

Glad everyone is suddenly up in arms about military spending.....BUT.......only because it shows up on a tRump leger? :roll:

Paris Hilton and hotel chain ever donate money to anyone? How about the Marriots? When a bundler, who lives in London, raisers 100's of millions for tRump, Hillaryous Clinton and Obama.....no one wonders about the "CONflicts of interest"

Please elect a DEMOCRAT because this kind of stuff has NEVER happened before. :roll:
I must have missed it when Paris Hilton was elected!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:17 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:02 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:38 pm .:lol:. It's not being buried. The IC IG is already investigating the whistleblower complaint. The whistleblower is protected & (so far) there have been no leaks. The new DNI is smart enough to know that as soon as Schiff gets the report, it will be leaked. The current ODNI IG is a 15 yr DoJ veteran.
Doesn't matter. Schiff is on the Intel committee. The law REQUIRES the CIA director to hand over the complaint to the Intel committee within 7 days of getting it. If he doesn't, the whistleblower can contact the committee directly.

Only question is, when was the whistleblower complaint filed? Once you have that, the math is easy. Of course, who controls that information?

The timeline of the law:

(B) Within the 60-calendar day period beginning on the day of
receipt from an employee of a complaint or information under
subparagraph (A), the Inspector General shall determine whether the
complaint or information appears credible. If the Inspector General
determines that the complaint or information appears credible, the
Inspector General within such period shall transmit the complaint or
information to the Director.
``(C) The Director shall, within 7 calendar days after receipt of
the transmittal from the Inspector General under subparagraph (B),
forward such transmittal to the intelligence committees together with
any comments the Director considers appropriate.

Has it occurred to you that this could be a whistleblower into the leaking you despise so much? We have no clue what the complaint is.
Exactly. You got to ask yourself why such a smart guy as OS always misses the point on the issues and redirects the focus to another, non-germane point of his own. Here, the law unambiguously requires "transmittal to the intelligence committees, together with any comments the Director considers appropriate." This is Congress mandating cooperation of an executive agency. It was once understood and ho-hum. Now, not so much maybe.

I think the problem here, for OS, is that his bete noire Schiff appears to be correct.
.:roll:. ...calm down. Don't let Schiff get you all lathered up. The DNI will brief the HPSCI next Thurs in closed session. Schiff will ieak it shortly thereafter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/top-int ... d=65691964
Schiff never gets me "lathered up." What has me a little disappointed is the apparent disinclination of your Republican and Executive Branch heroes deciding when and if to follow the mandates of Congress expressed in its laws. Your capacity for dissembling and avoiding the issue when the culprits are GOP operatives really is limitless. Thanks for the "calm down" and "relax" messages.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Deleted comment made in poor taste.
taats.......pretty sure most on laxpower, and here on fanlax ....eye roll occurs when the read it. TAATS. denial. WHich Presidential candidate wants to stop spending so much on wars and the war machine?

exactly
a fan

Post by a fan »

You've been around long enough to know that that's nonsense.

You've got one, and only one, hardcore Dem on the board, and that's DocB.

Everyone else called BS all the time during Obama's two terms. Many of us did call BS on those who criticized Obama for things like spending and debt....and were we right to do so, or not? How many spending bills from Trump have the Water Cooler right waved through without so much as a comment? We were right call partisan nonsense. Spending wasn't the issue with the Water Cooler right. All that mattered was the little D by Obama's name.

Rest of us float somewhere between center left and center right, and know that both D's and R's are full of it. But if you don't believe me, go right ahead and ask other posters.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:28 am You've been around long enough to know that that's nonsense.

You've got one, and only one, hardcore Dem on the board, and that's DocB.

Everyone else called BS all the time during Obama's two terms. Many of us did call BS on those who criticized Obama for things like spending and debt....and were we right to do so, or not? How many spending bills from Trump have the Water Cooler right waved through without so much as a comment? We were right call partisan nonsense. Spending wasn't the issue with the Water Cooler right. All that mattered was the little D by Obama's name.

Rest of us float somewhere between center left and center right, and know that both D's and R's are full of it. But if you don't believe me, go right ahead and ask other posters.
WOW.....not what I recall. But, again, you think the REAL TEA party (people like me) was NOT about trillions spent, lives lost, wasted.....missing funds....on military conflicts, but the color of the newly elected President. NONSENSE.

What was Obama's ONLY veto override all about ? Exactly. We have ZERO real CONservatives on fanlax, especially when it comes to the GOP platform (lies?? )and fiscal issues.

At the beginning of the day, it would be your memory that is failing you. 98% of the water cooler posts/threads were NOT about Obama, or Bush, for that matter. (did not know about LP forum until 6 or so years ago, so missed all of Shrub and half of Obama's run. Unlike here on fanlax. (politics branch )

But, we do have less than 20 regulars.......

PS....calling DOC a democrat pretty sums up where the "party" is....or isn't.

Return to “POLITICS”