Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by holmes435 »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:13 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:28 am the skins should just go with the federals for a clean sweep.
Gotta say, Chairman, I think that's an excellent idea.
Feds have taken pretty much everything else, might
as well take the name too.
(sorry, was just too irresistable)

Washington RedInk
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:09 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:13 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:28 am the skins should just go with the federals for a clean sweep.
Gotta say, Chairman, I think that's an excellent idea.
Feds have taken pretty much everything else, might
as well take the name too.
(sorry, was just too irresistable)

Washington RedInk
redtape? :cry:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:33 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:12 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:53 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:33 am How do you feel about Joe Carter after 1993? Phillies has a fun team that year.
Hate him, of course. :lol:

Mitch Williams lived in my town back then. After the game, in true Philly fan fashion, we (not me personally) egged this house.
I’m sure you have an alibi...
No need. The statute of limitations has run. :)
I remember when Southinton CT’s own Rob Dibble was with the Reds. Some kids from Bristol went down to see a game and saw dibble in the outfield. His back was to the crowd. The kids kept trying to get his attention. A kid finally yelled out “Hey Rob we are from Southington can we get your autograph”....he turned and said, I don’t give a FCUK where you are from”....what a guy.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NJBill,p

I went to a Red Sox/Phillies inter league game in 04 (maybe, 03) was rained out and made up in Sept so close to the Vet demo. In centerfield and it was like a back and forth 14-12 home run derby. Red Sox had Bying Hung Kim and Mesa both blow late leads and were in between Sox and Philly fans were so disgusted with their own guys one dude shouts out, “hey Red Sox f**k, well trade our sh**head closer for your jerkoff closer!”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88

Post by CU88 »

A couple accused of assaulting a 59-year-old hotel worker in Mystic, Connecticut while allegedly yelling racial slurs after complaining about a lack of hot water in their room, was arrested early Monday in Brooklyn, New York.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/co ... y-n1233775
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:06 pm A couple accused of assaulting a 59-year-old hotel worker in Mystic, Connecticut while allegedly yelling racial slurs after complaining about a lack of hot water in their room, was arrested early Monday in Brooklyn, New York.

Always happens when there is a clear advantage. Won’t take even odds.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:10 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:06 pm A couple accused of assaulting a 59-year-old hotel worker in Mystic, Connecticut while allegedly yelling racial slurs after complaining about a lack of hot water in their room, was arrested early Monday in Brooklyn, New York.

Democrats are intimately aware of this tactic, otherwise known as the 'mob'. It's quite fashionable these days across America.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Democrats are intimately aware of this tactic, otherwise known as the 'mob'. It's quite fashionable these days across America.
Enjoy the figs Bandito

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:27 pm

Enjoy the figs Bandito

TLD still doesn't know who Secoriea Turner was.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Enjoy the figs Bandito

You mentioned her last week or the prior week. Go eat more figs Bandito.

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:42 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:48 am That 64 Phillies team had Jim Bunning and ? Richie Ashburn was done by then.
Johnny Callison, who was my favorite player as a kid. Johnny was the MVP of the All-Star game in 1964, hitting a three run home run late in the game to win it for the National League.

Yes, Ashburn had retired by then. His last season was in 1962 for the Mets where he was managed by Casey Stengel.

After his playing career, Richie became a long time broadcaster for the Phillies. Boy, did he have some great Casey Stengel stories.
As a Redbird fan, 1964 was my favorite season & maybe the best pennant race ever.. I'll never forget the pennant clincher. It was a Sunday, the final day of the season. It was the start of my Jr year in HS. I had just played a HS FB game the day prior (played both ways). To work off the stifness, we were playing our day after ritual touch FB game at Detgens Grove, down by Big River. We were listening to the game on a big transistor radio on the sideline. We stopped playing & listened to the 9th inning. I'll never forget Harry Caray screaming "the Cardinals win the pennant, the Cardinals win the pennant".

It was a 4 team race, down to the final week. It was a monumental Phillie phold. Their reputed genius manager Gene Mauch tried to emulate the '48 Braves pennant winning stretch run of Sphan & Sain & pray for rain. He started Jim Bunning & Chris Short with minimal rest & they just ran out of gas. He had other good starters in Art Mahaffey & Ray Culp. I don't recall why he didn't use them, if they were injured or not. The Cards went on to beat the Yankees in 7 games. That 64 Cardinal team remains my favorite. Those Phillies, Reds & Giants teams were great teams as well.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

When I was a kid I used to go to Cooperstown every HOF weekend with my parents. Always game, sometimes induction, but also buy old cards and get autographs. Knowing the story about Juan Marichal bashing John Roseboro over the head with a bar I refused for like five years to get Marichals autograph. Finally did one year, my dad told him I wasn’t a fan of what he did to Roseboro and Marichal was very nice and explained how he had made amends or whatnot w John.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:14 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Enjoy the figs Bandito

You mentioned her last week or the prior week. Go eat more figs Bandito.

Don’t worry no need to find out who she was. You wouldn’t care anyway.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:56 pm TLD still doesn't know who Secoriea Turner was.
I thought you weren't allowed to care about anything, as long there is violence in Chicago?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:56 pm TLD still doesn't know who Secoriea Turner was.
I thought you weren't allowed to care about anything, as long there is violence in Chicago?
Excuse me, I thought we were talkin baseball here. You want to discuss race, go to the baseball forum.

Anyway, I recall watching the ‘64 World Series at school. Must have been game 7 played on a Thursday. The teacher had a TV wheeled into the classroom. How times have changed.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:15 pm
Excuse me, I thought we were talkin baseball here. You want to discuss race, go to the baseball forum.
:lol: Deal! Pardon me!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:15 pm

Anyway, I recall watching the ‘64 World Series at school. Must have been game 7 played on a Thursday. The teacher had a TV wheeled into the classroom. How times have changed.

Democrats suck at baseball.

8-)
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:14 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:42 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:48 am That 64 Phillies team had Jim Bunning and ? Richie Ashburn was done by then.
Johnny Callison, who was my favorite player as a kid. Johnny was the MVP of the All-Star game in 1964, hitting a three run home run late in the game to win it for the National League.

Yes, Ashburn had retired by then. His last season was in 1962 for the Mets where he was managed by Casey Stengel.

After his playing career, Richie became a long time broadcaster for the Phillies. Boy, did he have some great Casey Stengel stories.
As a Redbird fan, 1964 was my favorite season & maybe the best pennant race ever.. I'll never forget the pennant clincher. It was a Sunday, the final day of the season. It was the start of my Jr year in HS. I had just played a HS FB game the day prior (played both ways). To work off the stifness, we were playing our day after ritual touch FB game at Detgens Grove, down by Big River. We were listening to the game on a big transistor radio on the sideline. We stopped playing & listened to the 9th inning. I'll never forget Harry Caray screaming "the Cardinals win the pennant, the Cardinals win the pennant".

It was a 4 team race, down to the final week. It was a monumental Phillie phold. Their reputed genius manager Gene Mauch tried to emulate the '48 Braves pennant winning stretch run of Sphan & Sain & pray for rain. He started Jim Bunning & Chris Short with minimal rest & they just ran out of gas. He had other good starters in Art Mahaffey & Ray Culp. I don't recall why he didn't use them, if they were injured or not. The Cards went on to beat the Yankees in 7 games. That 64 Cardinal team remains my favorite. Those Phillies, Reds & Giants teams were great teams as well.
Yup. It was Bunning and Short, Bunning and Short, Bunning and Short.

Mauch really blew it.

Mahaffey was on the mound when Chico Ruiz stole home. Art wasn’t holding him on third so Chico got a real good jump. Art, a right hander, only caught a glimpse of him as he was racing down the line, but it so rattled him that he threw it to the back stop. The catcher, Clay Dalrymple, couldn’t even get his mitt on it.

Not sure about this, but I don’t think Mauch had much confidence in Mahaffey after that.

After losing 10 games in a row, the Phillies won their last two games of the season. Whoop de doo. And, by the way, their victory over the Reds on the last day of the season gave the Cardinals the pennant. You’re welcome.

You guys are really dredging up some bad memories about that 1964 pennant race. Ugh.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

You folks are now jaw jacking about baseball? What next? Soccer.... :roll: Maybe we can include some bowling in just to finish off what little sanity I have left.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”