All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: All Things Environment

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:45 am
a fan wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:14 pm Is it like this one? https://www.instagram.com/p/CWRORpcLkHx ... =copy_link

Click to see the panels burying the mountain.
It turns my stomach to watch was a once decent man (before he arrived in DC) flush himself down the "I'm going to treat my voters like drooling morons" toilet.

The next panel on his instagram, YA?

"Stuck in traffic? Blame the Dems: here's why"
I do not disagree afan. The 140 character of less quotes are the way most communicate now, because its about all the attention span most have who live and breath their news, via social media.
He also said this :
More and more people are becoming rightfully skeptical of the radical obsession with wind and solar as the only clean energy solution. More are coming to the logical conclusion that we should be focusing efforts on reliable sources of clean energy that take up far less space, like nuclear and natural gas with carbon capture. Wind and solar get about 250x more subsidies than nuclear. Does that make any sense?

And by the way, China built 3x more coal capacity than the rest of the world combined in 2020, so let’s not pretend they’re going green.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MAGA on American Exceptionalism and Leadership, "Look at China..."
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Get that money!

Unusual Gulf drilling lease sale nets $192 million
Ben Geman

Oil-and-gas companies including giants like Exxon and Shell offered $192 million in winning bids for Gulf of Mexico drilling leases in auction results the Interior Department unveiled yesterday.

Driving the news: The sale took place under unusual circumstances. The administration didn't want to hold it at all and had previously paused new sales.

A court challenge over the pause prevailed, although the case is ongoing.
The Associated Press notes the sale under President Biden "laid bare the hurdles he faces to reach climate goals dependent on deep cuts in fossil fuel emissions."
The intrigue: Exxon snapped up shallow water leases, drawing speculation it intends to use them as part of the company's proposal for a regional carbon capture and storage hub.

"I anticipate they'll use the area for direct capture of carbon and put it in the reservoirs of the blocks they acquire," Wood Mackenzie analyst Justin Rostant tells S&P Global Platts.
What's next: Interior, in announcing the auction results, said it would use updated emissions models in the future to "take substitution impacts and foreign oil consumption into account, resulting in the most robust projections ever of the climate impacts of offshore lease sales."

Go deeper: Chevron, Exxon are among top spenders at Biden offshore auction (Reuters)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DDCBD325-CD1C-4DD3-960D-EA28593CFCCA.jpeg
DDCBD325-CD1C-4DD3-960D-EA28593CFCCA.jpeg (103.94 KiB) Viewed 1285 times

Show me the lie.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:14 pm Is it like this one? https://www.instagram.com/p/CWRORpcLkHx ... =copy_link

It turns my stomach to watch was a once decent man (before he arrived in DC) flush himself down the "I'm going to treat my voters like drooling morons" toilet.

I do not disagree afan. The 140 character of less quotes are the way most communicate now, because its about all the attention span most have who live and breath their news, via social media.
He also said this :
More and more people are becoming rightfully skeptical of the radical obsession with wind and solar as the only clean energy solution. More are coming to the logical conclusion that we should be focusing efforts on reliable sources of clean energy that take up far less space, like nuclear and natural gas with carbon capture. Wind and solar get about 250x more subsidies than nuclear. Does that make any sense?

It does if we're not planning on building nuclear.

To me? It's inexcusable that every State except Hawaii doesn't have at least one nuclear plant. It's OBVIOUS that that's where we need to be.

Where is Republican leadership on that?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:03 pm DDCBD325-CD1C-4DD3-960D-EA28593CFCCA.jpeg

Show me the lie.
It all started after space travel became the new norm. 8-)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:16 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:27 pm

He also said this :

It does if we're not planning on building nuclear.

To me? It's inexcusable that every State except Hawaii doesn't have at least one nuclear plant. It's OBVIOUS that that's where we need to be.

Where is Republican leadership on that?
He tried....but, you know the story.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:21 pm ]He tried....but, you know the story.
That's not what I meant------I'm talking Republican leadership. You can build these plants anywhere you want, so long as you get the permits.

So where are Republican States on this count? Where are the "build this in MY State" Governors?

Wyoming has plans to build one, apparently.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 634699002/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:03 pm DDCBD325-CD1C-4DD3-960D-EA28593CFCCA.jpeg

Show me the lie.
It all started after space travel became the new norm. 8-)

Man, so many Democrats are in on this scam, my brain hurts.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Perhaps good news for carbon capture.

The nonsense we are currently doing is so far removed from what is necessary. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:21 pm ]He tried....but, you know the story.
That's not what I meant------I'm talking Republican leadership. You can build these plants anywhere you want, so long as you get the permits.

So where are Republican States on this count? Where are the "build this in MY State" Governors?

... there is no such thing as republican leadership, in anything. :lol: :lol:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Yes, Bill Gates (Terra Power). 50% government funding and 50% private funding via Terra for a new nuclear power concept to be built in red rural America

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/17/bill-ga ... -town.html

New process called NATRIUM uses liquid sodium rather than water as a cooling medium (higher boiling point and much more heat absorption capability) and the backup power system (the problem at Fukashima) is contained within the overall system chemically in the event the power system to the facility is interrupted.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/08/bill-ga ... power.html

Also this
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/20/worl ... ticleShare

"Global Rivalries Are Miring the Clean Energy Revolution

The quest for Congo’s cobalt, which is vital for electric vehicles and the worldwide push against climate change, is caught in a cycle of exploitation, greed and gamesmanship.
The Times dispatched reporters across three continents drawn into the competition for cobalt, a relatively obscure raw material that along with lithium, nickel and graphite has gained exceptional value in a world trying to set fossil fuels aside."
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Is it in the new infrastructure bill?
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:59 pm
Is it in the new infrastructure bill?
Great question. I'll see if I can find anything....
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Our strength and ingenuity when undivided is amazing. Solving world-wide environmental problems, eliminating diseases and more. Of course, haters gonna hate.

Acid Rain: The bittersweet story of how we stopped acid rain
Though aspects of its legacy remain, solutions to the acid rain problem moved forward, in North America at least, because it became a non-partisan issue. Hurley reflects that “a broad spectrum of people came to believe that it was important to protect natural resources – our forests, our northern lakes and the fish they contain – resources that belong to everyone”.
The Ozone Layer: Thirty years on, what is the Montreal Protocol doing to protect the ozone?
The Montreal Protocol to protect the Earth’s ozone layer is to date the only United Nations environmental agreement to be ratified by every country in the world. It is also one of the most successful. With the parties to the Protocol having phased out 98 per cent of their ozone-depleting substances, they saved an estimated two million people from skin cancer every year. [...] It is expected that the ozone layer will return to pre-1980s levels by the middle of the century
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:06 pm Our strength and ingenuity when undivided is amazing. Solving world-wide environmental problems, eliminating diseases and more. Of course, haters gonna hate.

The Ozone Layer: Thirty years on, what is the Montreal Protocol doing to protect the ozone?
The Montreal Protocol to protect the Earth’s ozone layer is to date the only United Nations environmental agreement to be ratified by every country in the world. It is also one of the most successful. With the parties to the Protocol having phased out 98 per cent of their ozone-depleting substances, they saved an estimated two million people from skin cancer every year. [...] It is expected that the ozone layer will return to pre-1980s levels by the middle of the century
TMP was one helluva a money maker for industry, primarily Dupont....who was playing 3D chess long before the TMP. Hell, some say they started it. :lol:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25073103
https://eng.ucmerced.edu/people/awester ... nts/DuPont
https://www.downtoearth.org.in/blog/cli ... ther-53610
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:26 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:06 pm Our strength and ingenuity when undivided is amazing. Solving world-wide environmental problems, eliminating diseases and more. Of course, haters gonna hate.

TMP was one helluva a money maker for industry, primarily Dupont....who was playing 3D chess long before the TMP. Hell, some say they started it. :lol:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25073103
https://eng.ucmerced.edu/people/awester ... nts/DuPont
https://www.downtoearth.org.in/blog/cli ... ther-53610
So what you're saying is that we found a more profitable substance that didn't harm the environment like the CFCs did? Good for them.

Doom & gloom didn't happen when we switched industries to something greener? And yet we keep hearing that same doom & gloom regarding energy production.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:06 pm Our strength and ingenuity when undivided is amazing. Solving world-wide environmental problems, eliminating diseases and more. Of course, haters gonna hate. ... and liars are going to lie. Goebbels' historical time line isn't even close to being correct. :roll:

Acid Rain: The bittersweet story of how we stopped acid rain
Though aspects of its legacy remain, solutions to the acid rain problem moved forward, in North America at least, because it became a non-partisan issue. Hurley reflects that “a broad spectrum of people came to believe that it was important to protect natural resources – our forests, our northern lakes and the fish they contain – resources that belong to everyone”.

Return to “POLITICS”