SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: SCOTUS

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:24 am 5 Supreme Court decisions from this term that are terrifyingly radical — and not about abortion

Ohio v. Occupational Safety and Health Administration "COVID 19 vaxx/testing mandates struck down for some private businesses"

Alabama Association of Realtors v. Department of Health and Human Services "Eviction moratorium overturned"

Federal Election Commission v. Ted Cruz for Senate "Politicians can pay back their own loans from campaign funds"

United States v. Vaello-Madero "Puerto Rican natinals out of luck on SSI benefits"

Shinn v. Martinez Ramirez "...no constitutional right to bring new evidence to court indicating that they were not provided with ample counsel"

... shocking, just shocking that republiCON jurists are even more tightly rigging the game in favor of the rich and well connected ... property owners
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

When I saw the news today that a rabid leftist was arrested for trying to kill Brett Kavanaugh, I simply assumed some Fanlax FLP had finally committed to the hatred.

Alas, the guy is a Californian lunatic who apparently thinks abortion is worthy of murdering a scotus judge.

How come there are no comments at Fanlax about todays news? If this had been a MAGA nut outside Sotomajor’s residence, both media and FLP wouldn’t be able to take a breath they’d be so obsessed with telling everyone that all Republicans are evil.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/08/armed-man ... ughs-home/

Chuck Schumer demanded this. He got it. Will we have two years of hearings to determine his guilt?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

"Thoughts and Prayers" seem to be the correct response for Judge K here
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:15 pm "Thoughts and Prayers" seem to be the correct response for Judge K here

Being smug about something like this isn't a fantastic look.
AOD

Post by AOD »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:15 pm "Thoughts and Prayers" seem to be the correct response for Judge K here
I think someone's prayers were already answered. The alleged would-be assailant called 911 to report that he was outside K's house, that he was having suicidal thoughts and that he wanted to kill K first. Then, two US Marshalls stationed outside K's house (protection all Justices now have) were alerted to arrest him. If only the poor children of Uvalde were so lucky.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:30 pm

You should know. You do it all the time around here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ggait

Post by ggait »

I think someone's prayers were already answered. The alleged would-be assailant called 911 to report that he was outside K's house, that he was having suicidal thoughts and that he wanted to kill K first. Then, two US Marshalls stationed outside K's house (protection all Justices now have) were alerted to arrest him. If only the poor children of Uvalde were so lucky.
This kid fits the mass shooter profile perfectly. Not just disturbed, but (as is the case with virtually all mass shooters) going through a suicidal mental health crisis. And as with most suicidal people, the urges almost always passes...unless you have access to a weapon. Since a firearm is the most effective, most easily accessed suicide tool there is. The only difference is that he carried a Glock rather than an AR-15.

Now no problem for BKav since he has the luxury of having 24/7 protection from US Marshalls. Problem is that you can never actually guard, much less afford to guard, the hundreds of thousands of schools, supermarkets, churches, theatres and workplaces like you can at BKavs house.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:11 pm When I saw the news today that a rabid leftist was arrested for trying to kill Brett Kavanaugh, I simply assumed some Fanlax FLP had finally committed to the hatred.

Alas, the guy is a Californian lunatic who apparently thinks abortion is worthy of murdering a scotus judge.

How come there are no comments at Fanlax about todays news? If this had been a MAGA nut outside Sotomajor’s residence, both media and FLP wouldn’t be able to take a breath they’d be so obsessed with telling everyone that all Republicans are evil.

Chuck Schumer demanded this. He got it. Will we have two years of hearings to determine his guilt?
Today is the rest of theses “justices” and their families lives. Going to be like being in prison…

Don’t start none, won’t be none.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:30 pm

But it’s the right one, troll.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:11 pm When I saw the news today that a rabid leftist was arrested for trying to kill Brett Kavanaugh, I simply assumed some Fanlax FLP had finally committed to the hatred.

Today is the rest of theses “justices” and their families lives. Going to be like being in prison…

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that because a judge exercises his judicial responsibility casting votes, regardless of the case, it’s fair now for citizens to threaten those judges?

That’s seems exactly what you’re saying. I want to be sure though.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Little chatter about the retired Judge just killed up in Michigan. Gunman had a list of other people to kill, including Governer Whitmer. Apparently not a big fan of the judicial system.

You also had an anti-feminist dude target a Maryland judge a while back, killing her son and wounding her husband. Had also planned an attack on Sotomayor. Lot of wackos out there, and unfortunately most don't call the cops first like the Kavanagh dude.

Certainly doesn't help when the leader of the Republican party suggested that there is a 2nd Amendment solution to judges they don't like.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:49 pm Little chatter about the retired Judge just killed up in Michigan. Gunman had a list of other people to kill, including Governer Whitmer. Apparently not a big fan of the judicial system.

You also had an anti-feminist dude target a Maryland judge a while back, killing her son and wounding her husband. Had also planned an attack on Sotomayor. Lot of wackos out there, and unfortunately most don't call the cops first like the Kavanagh dude.

Certainly doesn't help when the leader of the Republican party suggested that there is a 2nd Amendment solution to judges they don't like.

A video of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer telling Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh that he would "pay the price" for rolling back abortion rights has resurfaced amid an arrest outside the justice's home in Maryland.

https://www.newsweek.com/chuck-schumer- ... nt-1713964

Also, a Democratic activist group, ruthsentus.org, has posted online the home addresses of the conservative Supreme Court justices.
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:24 am 5 Supreme Court decisions from this term that are terrifyingly radical — and not about abortion

Ohio v. Occupational Safety and Health Administration "COVID 19 vaxx/testing mandates struck down for some private businesses"

Alabama Association of Realtors v. Department of Health and Human Services "Eviction moratorium overturned"

Federal Election Commission v. Ted Cruz for Senate "Politicians can pay back their own loans from campaign funds"

United States v. Vaello-Madero "Puerto Rican natinals out of luck on SSI benefits"

Shinn v. Martinez Ramirez "...no constitutional right to bring new evidence to court indicating that they were not provided with ample counsel"
RuthSentUs is bringing in some cartel contractors from Colombia to handle it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:57 pm A video of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer telling Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh that he would "pay the price" for rolling back abortion rights has resurfaced amid an arrest outside the justice's home in Maryland.
I thought Republican voters told us to not pay any attention to what our leaders say....focus on their policy, and all that.

Change of heart? You're not making fun of "mean tweets" anymore, and realize that what our leaders say is actually important?

Make a note of that next time you're in the White House, Pete.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:06 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:29 pm

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that because a judge exercises his judicial responsibility casting votes, regardless of the case, it’s fair now for citizens to threaten those judges?

That’s seems exactly what you’re saying. I want to be sure though.
Nope. I’m saying that by virtue of the likely reversal of Roe v. Wade, certain members of the SC have brought themselves some unwelcome attention by some of the many troubled individuals in the US.

I wonder if debt payoff Barf received (his thirty pieces of silver) will surcease his and his family’s perpetual anxiety? Man did he and the other Fab 6 members make a bad bargain. Doing the Kock bros and the crazy Mercers bidding for what? A title and a trifling salary? Weird. Like traitors who sell out for $30K; inexplicable.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
AOD

Post by AOD »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:49 pm
Out of respect for Esther Salas, she is a federal judge and she lives in NJ.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Just to be clear, no one on here is arguing in favor of threatening or killing judges.
Donald Trump explicitly did so and should have been rejected by voters if only for that, but many millions did not reject him, they cheered.

Thank goodness this deranged person called 911 on himself.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:50 am Just to be clear, no one on here is arguing in favor of threatening or killing judges.
Donald Trump explicitly did so and should have been rejected by voters if only for that, but many millions did not reject him, they cheered.

Refresh my memory MD, what judge did the dumpster explicitly threaten?? I must have missed that one.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:23 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:50 am Just to be clear, no one on here is arguing in favor of threatening or killing judges.

Refresh my memory MD, what judge did the dumpster explicitly threaten?? I must have missed that one.
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... cks-courts

Return to “POLITICS”