JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:40 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:25 am
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:16 pm Now on the Big Stick :
https://www.pilotonline.com/military/vp ... story.html

The Roosevelt has a total crew of roughly 4,845 service members, including its embarked air wing and command staff.

On Tuesday the Navy announced that 710 of them — almost 15% — have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, with 43 recovered. Eight are in the hospital on Naval Base Guam, including one who moved out of the intensive care unit.

One Roosevelt sailor — San Diego-based Chief Aviation Ordnanceman Charles Thacker — died of COVID-19 on Guam April 13.

More than 4,100 sailors have moved off the ship and are in quarantine in either local hotels or on Naval Base Guam, according to the Navy.

Navy leadership is reevaluating its 14-day quarantine policy for Roosevelt sailors after a small percentage of the quarantined sailors who had negative tests later tested positive for the novel coronavirus, even after their quarantine, and despite being asymptomatic, a Navy official told The San Diego Union-Tribune on Tuesday.

Between 50% and 60% of sailors from the ship who have tested positive for the virus have no COVID-19 symptoms, the official said.

On Monday, the Navy and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention began an extensive study of the ship’s crew in an effort to better understand how the virus spread. Results are expected in a month.
Do we know how many Chinese sailors have the virus and on which ships they serve.

Russians? Iranians? Can the American MSM tell us the readiness of our enemies fleets and armed forces.

Baztidz.
You tell em!! Our media needs to be more like Chinese, Russian, Iranian and Cuban media!

# The People's Republic of America
So you'd have told the Japanese where our Carriers were just before Midway. Free press and all right.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:04 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:40 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:25 am
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:16 pm Now on the Big Stick :
https://www.pilotonline.com/military/vp ... story.html

The Roosevelt has a total crew of roughly 4,845 service members, including its embarked air wing and command staff.

On Tuesday the Navy announced that 710 of them — almost 15% — have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, with 43 recovered. Eight are in the hospital on Naval Base Guam, including one who moved out of the intensive care unit.

One Roosevelt sailor — San Diego-based Chief Aviation Ordnanceman Charles Thacker — died of COVID-19 on Guam April 13.

More than 4,100 sailors have moved off the ship and are in quarantine in either local hotels or on Naval Base Guam, according to the Navy.

Navy leadership is reevaluating its 14-day quarantine policy for Roosevelt sailors after a small percentage of the quarantined sailors who had negative tests later tested positive for the novel coronavirus, even after their quarantine, and despite being asymptomatic, a Navy official told The San Diego Union-Tribune on Tuesday.

Between 50% and 60% of sailors from the ship who have tested positive for the virus have no COVID-19 symptoms, the official said.

On Monday, the Navy and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention began an extensive study of the ship’s crew in an effort to better understand how the virus spread. Results are expected in a month.
Do we know how many Chinese sailors have the virus and on which ships they serve.

Russians? Iranians? Can the American MSM tell us the readiness of our enemies fleets and armed forces.

Baztidz.
You tell em!! Our media needs to be more like Chinese, Russian, Iranian and Cuban media!

# The People's Republic of America
So you'd have told the Japanese where our Carriers were just before Midway. Free press and all right.
# The People’s Republic of America. We should have state run media.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Who can tell us what the status & readiness of the Reagan carrier strike group in Yokosuka is right now ?
How many sailors still onboard ? Are they doing a bleach-a-palooza to disinfect the ship ?
We don't know, & our adversaries can't be certain. That's the point.

We don't know because the media & partisan political hacks haven't "made it a story",
based on a leaked email which confirmed classified readiness strategy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 pm Who can tell us what the status & readiness of the Reagan carrier strike group in Yokosuka is right now ?
How many sailors still onboard ? Are they doing a bleach-a-palooza to disinfect the ship ?

We don't know because the media & partisan political hacks haven't "made it a story",
This really isn't the point, though.
Our IC knows a heck of a lot more about that the Chinese fleet etc is doing than "we" do.
We don't need their press to tell our IC.

Likewise, the Chinese IC knows a heck of a lot more about our fleet status than does our media, no way they wouldn't know there was a problem, much less exactly where they are at any given time.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 pm Who can tell us what the status & readiness of the Reagan carrier strike group in Yokosuka is right now ?

Did your use of “political hacks” pre-date Trump?
🤡
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:31 pm

This really isn't the point, though.
Our IC knows a heck of a lot more about that the Chinese fleet etc is doing than "we" do.
We don't need their press to tell our IC.

Likewise, the Chinese IC knows a heck of a lot more about our fleet status than does our media, no way they wouldn't know there was a problem, much less exactly where they are at any given time.
I disagree regarding their degree of certainty regarding the readiness of the RR CSG vs the TR CSG to get underway & operate.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Here's the operations in the N Persian Gulf which the IRGC speedboats are harassing.
Apache gunships, (short ranged when armed & probably based in Kuwait), landing, refueling & rearming aboard our Expeditionary Base Ship (a converted oil tanker) to engage targets id'd by our PC's (small, shallow draft warships), deployed Coast Guard Cutters, with a Aegis class DDG (guided middile destroyer) to provide air defense.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3 ... abian-gulf

https://www.janes.com/article/95286/us- ... rsian-gulf

https://www.flightglobal.com/helicopter ... 88.article

https://www.businessinsider.com/army-ap ... an-ocean-6
old salt

Post by old salt »

Now on the Big Stick :
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4943 ... oronavirus

The Navy has tested the entire crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt for the coronavirus, the service said Thursday.

So far, 840 sailors have tested positive for the virus, but a “small number” of results are still pending, the Navy said in a news release.

Thursday’s report marked a jump from the 777 cases the Navy reported Wednesday when it said 99 percent of the crew had been tested.

Of the total positive cases, 88 sailors have since recovered, the Navy noted. Four sailors are in the hospital, down from six Wednesday; none are in intensive care.

As of Thursday, 4,234 sailors have moved ashore to Guam, where the Roosevelt is docked while the ship handles the outbreak.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China — and the loan is due soon

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... ebt-205475

But Trump himself is tens of millions of dollars in debt to China: In 2012, his real estate partner refinanced one of Trump’s most prized New York buildings for almost $1 billion. The debt includes $211 million from the state-owned Bank of China — its first loan of this kind in the U.S. — which matures in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term, financial records show.

How is this legal?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:19 am Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China — and the loan is due soon

But Trump himself is tens of millions of dollars in debt to China: In 2012, his real estate partner refinanced one of Trump’s most prized New York buildings for almost $1 billion. The debt includes $211 million from the state-owned Bank of China — its first loan of this kind in the U.S. — which matures in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term, financial records show.

How is this legal?
How simple is this? Trump just hands the tab to Vlad. Really people, I gotta do all your thinking for you? ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

"Navy leaders recommend reinstating the Roosevelt captain fired over a virus warning.

Capt. Brett E. Crozier should be restored to command of the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, the Navy’s top officials recommended on Friday.

But Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper, who was briefed on the recommendations, has asked for more time to consider whether he will sign off on the reinstatement of the captain of the nuclear-powered carrier.

Mr. Esper received the recommendation that Captain Crozier be reinstated from the chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Michael M.Gilday, and the acting Navy Secretary, James McPherson, on Friday. Defense Department officials said earlier that they expected to announce the results of the Navy’s investigation into the matter on Friday afternoon.

Mr. Esper’s decision to hold up the investigation has surprised Navy officials, who believed that the defense secretary would leave the process in the hands of the military chain of command."
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:16 pm "Navy leaders recommend reinstating the Roosevelt captain fired over a virus warning.

Capt. Brett E. Crozier should be restored to command of the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, the Navy’s top officials recommended on Friday.

But Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper, who was briefed on the recommendations, has asked for more time to consider whether he will sign off on the reinstatement of the captain of the nuclear-powered carrier.

Mr. Esper received the recommendation that Captain Crozier be reinstated from the chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Michael M.Gilday, and the acting Navy Secretary, James McPherson, on Friday. Defense Department officials said earlier that they expected to announce the results of the Navy’s investigation into the matter on Friday afternoon.

Mr. Esper’s decision to hold up the investigation has surprised Navy officials, who believed that the defense secretary would leave the process in the hands of the military chain of command."
I thought Crozier was a fool? what happened?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:18 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:16 pm "Navy leaders recommend reinstating the Roosevelt captain fired over a virus warning.

I thought Crozier was a fool? what happened?
He made a really dumb decision. I don't think anybody has denied he is a fine naval officer. He would not be the captain of a state of the art aircraft carrier if he wasn't. IMO it would be unprecedented for the Navy to give him back his command. It would in retrospect be the right thing to do. No doubt some upper echelon navy feathers will be quite ruffled.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Retrospect is a funny thing:

It is hard to believe that in his day George Patton was damned near relieved of any command in the US Army because he slapped a soldier. Today as a naval commander you can violate protocol and SOP all day long and yer a freaking hero. Something is really FUBAR here. The sad part is a bunch you folks have absolutely no clue what Crozier did wrong and what is worse, why it was wrong. I remember, the FLP 1st commandment, GOOD INTENTIONS are more important than stupid freaking decisions you make... got it. :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Esper only received a 1 hr verbal briefing. He intends to review the written inquiry & record, then meet again with Navy officials before he decides. He'd be criticized for acting in haste if he did not. He'd also be derelict if he did not consult the President on this. The TR's not going anywhere yet & Crozier's still in quarantine.

Despite the dire predictions by Crozier & "experts" in this forum, only 1 TR sailor perished (RIP) after several days off the ship, & he wasn't even among the few who were hospitalized. Only a handful of the crew went into ICU.

Despite all the drama & hype, it still took a week to get the entire crew ashore who were going ashore & into hotels. Now some of them who tested negative are now testing positive & are asymptomatic. Zero positives in a crew of 5000 may be an unattainable & unrealistic standard.

The USN/USMC team, from DC to Guam, did a great job surging to care for the TR crew.
Crozier's signal flare was well intended but not necessary (imho).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

:cry: I
CU88 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:19 am Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China — and the loan is due soon

How is this legal?
Just to be clear, the Bank of China’s has had a branch (that’s a legal term vs other operations of foreign banks in the US) since at least 2000. I have an old Hobart buddy named Richard Bradspies who is the COO of US operations into the crisis and maybe a few years after but they started to make a push late that decade into making more trophy asset CRE loans in NYC and the other five primary US markets (there’s six by institutional CRE definitions). Bradspies was older, class of 1974 at Bart and first met him around 05-06 and the operations were still modest in the US and he described his role as “they wanted a white man to mind the children” after a long career with other banks like BNP, HVB, etc. but Bank of China was lending to half the CRE mafia (noon an, Chetrit, rexler, Ross, Macklowe, etc) in NYC before the election in 2016 by a good bit.

So it would be inaccurate to think they specifically targeted trump due to his political appeal shortly after the crisis. On a syndicated loan that’s made as originate and so tribute (CMBS model) you typically only deal with the lead lender, which was not Bank of CHina and majority owner, Vornado (and Stephen Ross wouldn’t have been involved in a refinancing of even a billion dollar asset, a cap Mkts professional there would’ve). The whole story is kind of stupid in that Politico clearly didn’t run any of this by a professional in or near that business. There’s a big difference between a shop taking a piece of a syndicated deal that’s simply warehouse financing for two months or so to pool into a CMBS deal and being a portfolio lender and intending to hold the risk to maturity, which BoC has been doing for a number of years at that point.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:21 pm Esper only received a 1 hr verbal briefing. He intends to review the written inquiry & record, then meet again with Navy officials before he decides. He'd be criticized for acting in haste if he did not. He'd also be derelict if he did not consult the President on this. The TR's not going anywhere yet & Crozier's still in quarantine.

Despite the dire predictions by Crozier & "experts" in this forum, only 1 TR sailor perished (RIP) after several days off the ship, & he wasn't even among the few who were hospitalized. Only a handful of the crew went into ICU.

Despite all the drama & hype, it still took a week to get the entire crew ashore who were going ashore & into hotels. Now some of them who tested negative are now testing positive & are asymptomatic. Zero positives in a crew of 5000 may be an unattainable & unrealistic standard.

The USN/USMC team, from DC to Guam, did a great job surging to care for the TR crew.
Crozier's signal flare was well intended but not necessary (imho).
Of course, we don't know what the timetable, and thus spread, would have been without the 'signal flare'.
The virus spreads exponentially, so hours, much less days, mattered.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:58 am :cry: I

How is this legal?
Just to be clear, the Bank of China’s has had a branch (that’s a legal term vs other operations of foreign banks in the US) since at least 2000. I have an old Hobart buddy named Richard Bradspies who is the COO of US operations into the crisis and maybe a few years after but they started to make a push late that decade into making more trophy asset CRE loans in NYC and the other five primary US markets (there’s six by institutional CRE definitions). Bradspies was older, class of 1974 at Bart and first met him around 05-06 and the operations were still modest in the US and he described his role as “they wanted a white man to mind the children” after a long career with other banks like BNP, HVB, etc. but Bank of China was lending to half the CRE mafia (noon an, Chetrit, rexler, Ross, Macklowe, etc) in NYC before the election in 2016 by a good bit.

So it would be inaccurate to think they specifically targeted trump due to his political appeal shortly after the crisis. On a syndicated loan that’s made as originate and so tribute (CMBS model) you typically only deal with the lead lender, which was not Bank of CHina and majority owner, Vornado (and Stephen Ross wouldn’t have been involved in a refinancing of even a billion dollar asset, a cap Mkts professional there would’ve). The whole story is kind of stupid in that Politico clearly didn’t run any of this by a professional in or near that business. There’s a big difference between a shop taking a piece of a syndicated deal that’s simply warehouse financing for two months or so to pool into a CMBS deal and being a portfolio lender and intending to hold the risk to maturity, which BoC has been doing for a number of years at that point.
Thanks, good explanation, especially for those with little exposure to these processes.

That said, this is why POTUS's and other top officials should always put their assets in a truly blind trust. They should have zero knowledge of what they own. And owe against.

Regardless of original intentions, the opportunity for undue influence should be removed, as well as the perception of such.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I agree but other journalists will run this stuff by experts before making claims that don’t make sense. Thought Politico was better than that. Type of stuff that crushes credibility and helps the wrong side deflect.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:19 am I agree but other journalists will run this stuff by experts before making claims that don’t make sense. Thought Politico was better than that. Type of stuff that crushes credibility and helps the wrong side deflect.
+1

Thanks as always
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”