Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Orange Duce

Post by youthathletics »

Proposed tax cuts must be making your heads spin. Politics at its finest. Remember....the debt is just a toy for each side torment each other. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote:
a fan wrote:You just "have to be patient" for that "increased revenue" to show up, right? ;)
8-) Exactly a fan, I'm glad to see you're getting a handle on your instant gratification issue.

Can't have it both ways "old bean" (isn't that something you like to say?)...you can't pull out of the world theater and cut the military at the same time. Isolationism has a cost.
I like "old bean". Has a very upper crust, fraternal ring to it. ;)

You're saying here that if we go isolationist, we'll have to spend MORE money on the military than we are currently? Why do you think that?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote:Proposed tax cuts must be making your heads spin. Politics at its finest. Remember....the debt is just a toy for each side torment each other. ;)
If that's even remotely true, why not hand out $50K to every man, woman, and child living in America? You just spoke of the unforgivable poverty we have in this nation. $50K to everyone would take care of that if things like those tax cuts don't matter.

In fact, why have taxes at all? Why not just borrow it all?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote:
tech37 wrote:
a fan wrote:You just "have to be patient" for that "increased revenue" to show up, right? ;)
8-) Exactly a fan, I'm glad to see you're getting a handle on your instant gratification issue.

Can't have it both ways "old bean" (isn't that something you like to say?)...you can't pull out of the world theater and cut the military at the same time. Isolationism has a cost.
I like "old bean". Has a very upper crust, fraternal ring to it. ;)

You're saying here that if we go isolationist, we'll have to spend MORE money on the military than we are currently? Why do you think that?
"Simple" (another thing you like to say)...because, if you're not confronting adversaries on the "front lines," you better be damn well be prepared when they come knocking. ;)
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Simple? Yeah, I have my tried and true idioms, don't I? :lol:

So in other words, no matter what we do, you think we need to spend more money on the military. That about sum it up?

Can we at least demand that all components and hardware and software be US made? ;)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote:Simple? Yeah, I have my tried and true idioms, don't I? :lol:

So in other words, no matter what we do, you think we need to spend more money on the military. That about sum it up?

Can we at least demand that all components and hardware and software be US made? ;)
You tell me. You're the one who wants to go isolationist.
a fan

Post by a fan »

No, no-----Randy is TELLING me we're going isolationist. I agreed with him years ago that for Iraq, at least, we're dealing with Powell's "Pottery Barn" rule.

I just HATE that we can't leave, and I think it's the height of insanity to invade yet another ME country should the "opportunity" present itself. If that makes me an isolationist, then ok.

And to answer my own question: no. No, we can't buy all our military stuff domestically. That would make too much sense, and the 1% won't hear of it.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote:So if we had not invaded Iraq in 2003, where would we be with Iraq now ?
Still maintaining no fly zones over N & S Iraq from air bases in Saudi Arabia & Turkey ?
Still maintaining sanctions on Iraq, while they sell black market oil & exploit the corrupt UN oil for food program ?
Still watching the genocide of the Kurds & Marsh Arabs ?

or just leave & watch Saddam rearm ? Waiting for Uday & Qusay to inherit the family business ?
I don't know where we would be with Iraq now - maybe the same as we were prior to the Iraq war, maybe Saddam would have been toppled in the Arab Spring? We may have had many fewer civilian deaths, or it could be another Syria.

Saddam had plenty of time to rearm after the Gulf War and 2003, and it got them absolutely nowhere.

We would have saved the trillion plus spent on the Iraq war, we might have a much more stable Afghanistan, limited Taliban activity, had no ISIS, no Al Qaeda in Iraq, and we may have saved many deaths of Americans and civilians.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Proposed tax cuts must be making your heads spin. Politics at its finest. Remember....the debt is just a toy for each side torment each other. ;)
If that's even remotely true, why not hand out $50K to every man, woman, and child living in America? You just spoke of the unforgivable poverty we have in this nation. $50K to everyone would take care of that if things like those tax cuts don't matter.

You clearly must be for the proposed tax cut, but upset about the proposed tax cut because, why? You just compared it to giving away money to every man and woman, every-bit helps. The government, sorry - the 1%ers, throw us not just crumbs this go-around, but this time it might be a whole loaf of bread each month for the foreseeable future, and your response is they should do more.....I agree completely. But not so fast, you know darned well if the left gets into office or has the majority, those tax are gone baby gone, and are likely to climb, stealing back our lollipops from that extra discretionary income.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote:
a fan wrote:

You clearly must be for the proposed tax cut, but upset about the proposed tax cut because, why? You just compared it to giving away money to every man and woman, every-bit helps. The government, sorry - the 1%ers, throw us not just crumbs this go-around, but this time it might be a whole loaf of bread each month for the foreseeable future, and your response is they should do more.....I agree completely. But not so fast, you know darned well if the left gets into office or has the majority, those tax are gone baby gone, and are likely to climb, stealing back our lollipops from that extra discretionary income.
youth, just checking, but you do realize that the tax cuts that impact in any way the middle or lower income groups, the 90%, go away shortly? Leaving just the tax cuts for the most well-off?

Yet, growth is not nearly going to net revenue to offset the cuts?

If I'm not mistaken, a fan was simply challenging the logic that tax cuts pay for themselves, versus requiring increased borrowing. And the logic that more cuts would be even better. Thus the proposition of why tax at all, just borrow. He's obviously not actually supporting that proposition, quite the opposite.

The problem is that tax cuts don't actually lead to revenue growth except in very limited specific situations...which we are nowhere near today.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Everything MDlax said about the tax cuts is false. He is spreding lies because of his TDS. Me and millions of Americans are greatly benefitting from the tax cuts. It is amazing to see how you morons can't stand tax cuts. No one is stopping you from paying more taxes. Trump has put thousands of dollars back in my pocket and he is keeping his promises. The results are speaking for themselves.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote:Everything MDlax said about the tax cuts is false. He is spreding lies because of his TDS. Me and millions of Americans are greatly benefitting from the tax cuts. It is amazing to see how you morons can't stand tax cuts. No one is stopping you from paying more taxes. Trump has put thousands of dollars back in my pocket and he is keeping his promises. The results are speaking for themselves.
He has put two's of thousands back in your pocket!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Bandito wrote:Everything MDlax said about the tax cuts is false. He is spreding lies because of his TDS. Me and millions of Americans are greatly benefitting from the tax cuts. It is amazing to see how you morons can't stand tax cuts. No one is stopping you from paying more taxes. Trump has put thousands of dollars back in my pocket and he is keeping his promises. The results are speaking for themselves.
Hell yea he has! I have $2400 crumbs back in my hard earned pocket!! It is only CRUMBS though. Just crumbs. I can't do anything with $2400! This is how stupid you and a fan are. Most Americans are greatly benefitting from the tax cuts and economic climate we are in. You and he just are big time sufferers of TDS. It is amazing to see everyone opposed to winning just because they hate TRUMP!

Trump is 1024/1024 your President
Hillary is 0/1024 your President :lol: :lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Wonder why NO REPUBLIC candidate is running on "tax cuts" ANYWHERE???

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Much like Trump's claims about his own wealth, it's not verifiable.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
a fan wrote:

youth, just checking, but you do realize that the tax cuts that impact in any way the middle or lower income groups, the 90%, go away shortly? Leaving just the tax cuts for the most well-off?

Yet, growth is not nearly going to net revenue to offset the cuts?

If I'm not mistaken, a fan was simply challenging the logic that tax cuts pay for themselves, versus requiring increased borrowing. And the logic that more cuts would be even better. Thus the proposition of why tax at all, just borrow. He's obviously not actually supporting that proposition, quite the opposite.

The problem is that tax cuts don't actually lead to revenue growth except in very limited specific situations...which we are nowhere near today.
You might be a day late MD. There is discussion on he table of more tax cuts coming and yes I understand about the last cut expiring.

Your reply as with afan’s, is projecting on a future hypothetical, based on a past moment in time. As you are well aware, Trump is doing quite differently and not your or others liking. My argument is quite simple. Tax cuts help people, pure and simple. When you start arguing the ecomnomins of revenue and we “are nowhere near today” , that is just you opinion. Why don’t you try an excercise and ask your employees if they would be happy with a tax cut or hike. Don’t over conllicate it.
~Livy
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

holmes435 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Much like Trump's claims about his own wealth, it's not verifiable.
Trump has actually lost networth. He has gone from $4.5 billion to $2.8 billion while in office. Imagine working for the American people and losing 1/4 of your overall networth?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Not really....he is a master of being bankrupt, even with daddy's money.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

foreverlax wrote:Not really....he is a master of being bankrupt, even with daddy's money.
Taking risks of being an entrepreneur at his level is going to produce some failures. That is CAPITALISM. Yet he has succeeded so much more than he has failed. More importantly, he is succeeding for the America people every day since he was inaugurated. I think I saw you there protesting in your pink pussssie hat. Or was that your wife?

Your TDS is super strong today. Did you have a flare up? I recommend you get it checked out. You are getting destroyed today too. You suck at this forum thing
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

You are a daily treat, for sure. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”