Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Womenslaxxfan

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

This string is why I don’t tell normal people that I post or pay attention to the forum.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

Is there any pushback that this stuff with KT ? Is it possible this isn’t true ?
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:53 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:47 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:08 pm If all that is alleged here is indeed true..i don't see how KT keeps her job. I haven't heard anything regarding this through the grapevine but maybe some here have better intel. I know people here into program politics and conspiracy theories and think otherwise but any work place relationship, especially in collegiate sports, is a zero tolerance issue. There was a similar case earlier this year in collegiate women's Tennis, where the Auburn head coached was fired for having an affair with a student. The blowback and public pressure on issues like these are immense and i don't recall any coach surviving it, no matter their stature.

Two things to look for as an indication of what might happen next.

1. If more players decide to jump ship
2. If Syracuse's 2026 is an unmitigated disaster

These will lend more credence to the rumors and increase her chances of getting canned.
I think there's another: will Syracuse ever win at least one other ACC tournament? Pressure's really on now for next season should KT get there.

We’ll see if Spallina’s 2025 Defender leaves. If Peers from Monster leaves it’s a disaster. Who am I am kidding. It’s a disaster already.
Peers sister just transferred to Cuse. She and the other Monster girls are the safest ones in the recruiting class. The remaining YJ girls and Heros girls are the ones to worry about. Neither have any ties to upstate NY and the Heros girls in my mind could probably go to any school she chooses.
Quill

Post by Quill »

Odds Taylor Gait heads back to Cuse? She's left her last gig
LaxEveryDay

Post by LaxEveryDay »

This is all true. More people found out at the coaches convention. If KT ends up being fired for violating policy, it won't be because she violated policy with another woman. It's because she violated policy by having a relationship with a subordinate. I doubt TG would come back because she was friends with Kayla and is probably upset with her behavior. GG also knows and would probably steer his daughter away from coaching at Cuse due to the scandal and bad media that is most likely to follow from it. I wouldn't want my kid to coach with someone who violated policy in such a way, especially if I coached that girl. I wonder if he feels disappointed in any way.
I also agree with the person that said most likely nothing will happen if she were found to be violating policy. Cuse compliance has been turning their heads to her violating NCAA policies since she started coaching there. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is done for her violating a policy this time.

The athletic department wouldn't have to deal with a discrimination lawsuit. Or at least they shouldn't have to because, in my opinion, it wouldn't be smart for KT to file a discrimination lawsuit after she was fired for violating a policy.

Violating policy would be the reasoning for her fire if anything, not because they're both females in a relationship together.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

LaxEveryDay wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:07 pm This is all true. More people found out at the coaches convention. If KT ends up being fired for violating policy, it won't be because she violated policy with another woman. It's because she violated policy by having a relationship with a subordinate. I doubt TG would come back because she was friends with Kayla and is probably upset with her behavior. GG also knows and would probably steer his daughter away from coaching at Cuse due to the scandal and bad media that is most likely to follow from it. I wouldn't want my kid to coach with someone who violated policy in such a way, especially if I coached that girl. I wonder if he feels disappointed in any way.
I also agree with the person that said most likely nothing will happen if she were found to be violating policy. Cuse compliance has been turning their heads to her violating NCAA policies since she started coaching there. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is done for her violating a policy this time.

The athletic department wouldn't have to deal with a discrimination lawsuit. Or at least they shouldn't have to because, in my opinion, it wouldn't be smart for KT to file a discrimination lawsuit after she was fired for violating a policy.

Violating policy would be the reasoning for her fire if anything, not because they're both females in a relationship together.
Facing uncertainty and confusion about college sports funding post the NCAA antitrust case, this is exactly what an Athletic Director does not want to deal with from a non-revenue sport. I mentioned before in a different thread that I was not surprised by the lack of turnover on lacrosse coaching positions. If I were an AD sure I would want my non-revenue teams to win, but a “must” is to avoid negative publicity, have high GPA’s & high graduation rates. My coach achieves the off field “musts”, I am less likely to want to conduct a job search on a replacement and maybe look over the won/lost record.

I don’t know what an AD does here, but not sure no action and status quo works. There are reasons why organizations frown upon a manager and subordinate from being a couple. An organization has to worry about long term liability and not sure a non-revenue sport buys a pass. In the business world you could transfer an employee to a different division or group, but that is not an option here. I wouldn’t be surprised if a separation package is offered here. Offer a lump sum cash payout to one or both in return for signing an agreement where the employee gives up any rights for a lawsuit down the line. I am not saying this from high ground stance, just a hard cold business decision.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:32 am This string is why I don’t tell normal people that I post or pay attention to the forum.
At least this isn’t why I follow the sport.
Lax#fan

Post by Lax#fan »

Looks like VT is looking to rebuild
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:08 pm If all that is alleged here is indeed true..i don't see how KT keeps her job. I haven't heard anything regarding this through the grapevine but maybe some here have better intel. I know people here into program politics and conspiracy theories and think otherwise but any work place relationship, especially in collegiate sports, is a zero tolerance issue. There was a similar case earlier this year in collegiate women's Tennis, where the Auburn head coached was fired for having an affair with a student. The blowback and public pressure on issues like these are immense and i don't recall any coach surviving it, no matter their stature.

These will lend more credence to the rumors and increase her chances of getting canned.
There are a number of other HC and Assistant relationships within D1 women’s lacrosse.

The issue here will be the affair not the relationship but even then I don’t think KT will lose her job.
Wlax31

Post by Wlax31 »

What VT players are left in portal? And do you think they all will go somewhere else? That was a lot of good players for VT to lose.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:57 pm

There are a number of other HC and Assistant relationships within D1 women’s lacrosse.

The issue here will be the affair not the relationship but even then I don’t think KT will lose her job.
Well sure, but Virginia knew of Sonia and Mike being married already, or Kelly and Scott at Northwestern, or Mandy and Kevin at Florida or pretty much everywhere else where the relationships were disclosed (same sex or not). It isn't just the affair but it was not disclosing an employee and subordinate relationship to syracuse admin (which didn't happen since it was again, an affair). HR/PR nightmare right now in western New York. Players must be psyched!!!
Djkhalid

Post by Djkhalid »

intheknow247 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:33 am
laxlaxlax wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:57 pm

Well sure, but Virginia knew of Sonia and Mike being married already, or Kelly and Scott at Northwestern, or Mandy and Kevin at Florida or pretty much everywhere else where the relationships were disclosed (same sex or not). It isn't just the affair but it was not disclosing an employee and subordinate relationship to syracuse admin (which didn't happen since it was again, an affair). HR/PR nightmare right now in western New York. Players must be psyched!!!

Does the HC at Michigan marrying the AC become an issue ?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”