Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Boy does Petey whine…seriously, this is another false identity intended to avoid the rules of the site.

Taking advantage that this site doesn’t have a sophisticated verification system as it would require significant resources to figure it out.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:05 am
For starters, there exists no "Elon Musk Rockefeller" that I'm aware of... If there is, I would of course make a new name.

Secondly, I have never posted in a manner that pretends to be a mythical Elon Musk Rockefeller, should he even exist. Kathy Griffin posted in such a manner. She pretended to be Elon Musk, ie: 'I am Elon Musk and this is what I believe'.

I do not know of any PARODY account which has been suspended for being a parody other than The Babylon Bee, a conservative site still suspended and not yet restored since March because it gave its annual 'Man of the Year' award to Rachel Levine.

I believe the pushback here on Musk has nothing to do with free speech, but rather is simply Democrats becoming angry that they perceive the speech field is no longer tilted their way. The head of the NAACP this weekend organized a boycott of many multinational Twitter advertiser because he is not happy that he no longer has a direct line into the Twitter safety team (his contact was fired).
Maybe your username is Elon Musk, Rockefellar. I don't know since they don't allow commas. Or you could be claiming to be Elon Musk and a Rockefeller at the same time. Who's to know what identity you're stealing!?

The pushback is about hypocricy, and freedom of speech as well.

I don't have a problem with private companies enforcing their own rules when you're in their establishment or using their services. Since, you know, they're not the government. I do have a problem with hypocrites who cry about free speech who then clamp down on it themselves. And we all know the whining about companies limiting free speech in the first place wasn't actually about freedom of speech. But rather wanting the freedom to flat out lie and break the rules on a privately owned site.
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:32 am Boy does Petey whine…seriously, this is another false identity intended to avoid the rules of the site.

Taking advantage that this site doesn’t have a sophisticated verification system as it would require significant resources to figure it out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently Peter Brown as an account name was already taken. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:43 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:05 am
For starters, there exists no "Elon Musk Rockefeller" that I'm aware of... If there is, I would of course make a new name.

Secondly, I have never posted in a manner that pretends to be a mythical Elon Musk Rockefeller, should he even exist. Kathy Griffin posted in such a manner. She pretended to be Elon Musk, ie: 'I am Elon Musk and this is what I believe'.

I do not know of any PARODY account which has been suspended for being a parody other than The Babylon Bee, a conservative site still suspended and not yet restored since March because it gave its annual 'Man of the Year' award to Rachel Levine.

I believe the pushback here on Musk has nothing to do with free speech, but rather is simply Democrats becoming angry that they perceive the speech field is no longer tilted their way. The head of the NAACP this weekend organized a boycott of many multinational Twitter advertiser because he is not happy that he no longer has a direct line into the Twitter safety team (his contact was fired).
Maybe your username is Elon Musk, Rockefellar. I don't know since they don't allow commas. Or you could be claiming to be Elon Musk and a Rockefeller at the same time. Who's to know what identity you're stealing!?

The pushback is about hypocricy, and freedom of speech as well.

I don't have a problem with private companies enforcing their own rules when you're in their establishment or using their services. Since, you know, they're not the government. I do have a problem with hypocrites who cry about free speech who then clamp down on it themselves. And we all know the whining about companies limiting free speech in the first place wasn't actually about freedom of speech. But rather wanting the freedom to flat out lie and break the rules on a privately owned site.

Let's agree he could have handled it better...
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:32 am Boy does Petey whine…seriously, this is another false identity intended to avoid the rules of the site.

It’s okay. The duplicitous machinations are patently obvious. I’m starting to rather enjoy the blatant self-parody.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:11 am I believe the pushback here on Musk has nothing to do with free speech, but rather is simply Democrats becoming angry that they perceive the speech field is no longer tilted their way.
:lol: You think old lacrosse fans are on twitter, Pete?

The "pushback", as you call it, is simply us making fun of you for telling us that Elon Musk is all about free speech.....

Yet Trump is still gone. And his team still banning and removing posts.

Just as we told you he'd do MONTHS ago.

You and TeamTinFoil have convinced yourselves that Musk is "one of you".....remember you bragging that Musk said he'd vote for DeSantis?

This is about subsidies for Telsa, Pete....and as usual, you and TeamTinFoil don't get that you've been played.

Musk is showing you the shiny object with his right hand, while he empties your taxpaying wallet with his left.

You fall for it every time. Not one of you is complaining about EV subsidies anymore. It's hilarious. :lol:
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:33 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:11 am I believe the pushback here on Musk has nothing to do with free speech, but rather is simply Democrats becoming angry that they perceive the speech field is no longer tilted their way.

The "pushback", as you call it, is simply us making fun of you for telling us that Elon Musk is all about free speech.....

You and TeamTinFoil have convinced yourselves that Musk is "one of you".....remember you bragging that Musk said he'd vote for DeSantis?

This is about subsidies for Telsa, Pete....and as usual, you and TeamTinFoil don't get that you've been played.

Musk is showing you the shiny object with his right hand, while he empties your taxpaying wallet with his left.

You fall for it every time. Not one of you is complaining about EV subsidies anymore. It's hilarious. :lol:

a fan, why do you resort to insults so often here? Isn't it more pleasant to simply debate the ideas? Life is too short, man, please.

Regarding Tesla and subsidies, I suspect that any data I can google to support the claim that Tesla does not benefit (any longer anyway) from subsidies or tax credits can equally be matched with articles claiming it does, so I'm not sure it's a great use of time to dive into the weeds on that specific topic. What I do know for a fact is my neighbors who own Tesla's certainly don't need tax credits in order for Tesla's too be affordable...they'd easily have paid even more for their EV Tesla car. Based on that observation alone, I don't think the claim that Tesla needs credits or subsidies to survive holds much water. This is a rare company which has pricing power. No?
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:46 pm

a fan, why do you resort to insults so often here? Isn't it more pleasant to simply debate the ideas? Life is too short, man, please.
:lol: Because you keep playing this stupid, petty game. You make posts making reasonable points. Then after a while, out comes the hate.....mocking anyone who might be gay, or might be "a lib".

And then you go back to making reasonable points, and clutch pearls when your fellow posters give you the same vitriol you handed out in previous posts. Rinse. Repeat.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:46 pm Regarding Tesla and subsidies, I suspect that any data I can google to support the claim that Tesla does not benefit (any longer anyway) from subsidies or tax credits can equally be matched with articles claiming it does, so I'm not sure it's a great use of time to dive into the weeds on that specific topic. What I do know for a fact is my neighbors who own Tesla's certainly don't need tax credits in order for Tesla's too be affordable...they'd easily have paid even more for their EV Tesla car.
:lol: Yep. And rich people don't need tax breaks either, Pete. And yet they'll do ANYTHING to get them.

To wit: what was the major accomplishment during Trump's tenure? That's right: the tax breaks for the rich. Same one's Bush handed out. Same one's Reagan handed out.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:46 pm Based on that observation alone, I don't think the claim that Tesla needs credits or subsidies to survive holds much water. This is a rare company which has pricing power. No?
So a rich neighbor has a Tesla, "therefore" Musk doesn't need government money? And you understand that Musk doesn't just want grants for himself, right? He also wants taxpayer money for things like batter plants in Georgia.

Come back when you want to make a serious point, Pete.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:54 pm

:lol: Because you keep playing this stupid, petty game. You make posts making reasonable points. Then after a while, out comes the hate.....mocking anyone who might be gay, or might be "a lib".

And then you go back to making reasonable points, and clutch pearls when your fellow posters give you the same vitriol you handed out in previous posts. Rinse. Repeat.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:46 pm Regarding Tesla and subsidies, I suspect that any data I can google to support the claim that Tesla does not benefit (any longer anyway) from subsidies or tax credits can equally be matched with articles claiming it does, so I'm not sure it's a great use of time to dive into the weeds on that specific topic. What I do know for a fact is my neighbors who own Tesla's certainly don't need tax credits in order for Tesla's too be affordable...they'd easily have paid even more for their EV Tesla car.
:lol: Yep. And rich people don't need tax breaks either, Pete. And yet they'll do ANYTHING to get them.

To wit: what was the major accomplishment during Trump's tenure? That's right: the tax breaks for the rich. Same one's Bush handed out. Same one's Reagan handed out.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:46 pm Based on that observation alone, I don't think the claim that Tesla needs credits or subsidies to survive holds much water. This is a rare company which has pricing power. No?
So a rich neighbor has a Tesla, "therefore" Musk doesn't need government money? And you understand that Musk doesn't just want grants for himself, right? He also wants taxpayer money for things like batter plants in Georgia.

You have me confused for someone else, man.

I don't really care if people are 'gay' or even 'libs'. I live six miles from the Clintons; this part of Westchester is fairly liberal so far as that goes. But more importantly, I tend to be more a libertarian conservative, not a social conservative. So there are many common ideals even among my liberal friends. One of my best buddies' wives is on the board of the Westchester Planned Parenthood; I promise she is not voting for Zeldin, I also promise we are getting together for dinner Friday night! So, if you are seeking a partisan here, you won't find that in me.

I do not even know what a "batter plant" is.

Also, I am not a fan of Trump. I hope and expect he will be indicted for multiple crimes shortly.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:05 pm

I don't really care if people are 'gay' or even 'libs'. I live six miles from the Clintons; this part of Westchester is fairly liberal so far as that goes. But more importantly, I tend to be more a libertarian conservative, not a social conservative. So there are many common ideals even among my liberal friends. One of my best buddies' wives is on the board of the Westchester Planned Parenthood; I promise she is not voting for Zeldin, I also promise we are getting together for dinner Friday night! So, if you are seeking a partisan here, you won't find that in me.

Also, I am not a fan of Trump. I hope and expect he will be indicted for multiple crimes shortly.
Try rhinoplasty, Pinocchio. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:05 pm

Petey, you and your new alias have the exact same supposed 'opinions', and the exact same writing style, and posting rhythm.
You already blew your cover multiple times.
A fan nails it...some "reasonable" posts, claiming to be libertarian, not partisan...except that it's all 100% partisan, never actually balanced.
And now you just claim to be from NY instead of Florida.

Seriously, what are you doing trolling a lacrosse forum site?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Do you enjoy constantly “making sweet love” the same disease ravaged women over and over again? Like where the white secretion is oozing and and begging you to “beat your meat like it owes you money” as a more pleasurable alternative.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

This doesn't sound so good for the Chief Twit

https://www.zdnet.com/article/why-twitt ... l-shortly/

Why Twitter will fail shortly
Sometime soon, Twitter will crash badly. Here's why.

This isn't some wacky left wing media source -

Musk's gravest miscalculation was he believed the people with opinions were bots and the bots who lovedy Elon and crypto were people.
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:02 pm This doesn't sound so good for the Chief Twit

https://www.zdnet.com/article/why-twitt ... l-shortly/

Why Twitter will fail shortly
Sometime soon, Twitter will crash badly. Here's why.

This isn't some wacky left wing media source -
If I may, “what’s bad for Ellie Twit is good for America!!”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Do we need to start a thread about Zuckerberg now? https://finance.yahoo.com/news/meta-cut ... 45484.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Ellie, the Chief Twit, is fcuked now. With blowhard counsel like this he's in deep.

"The message warned that the FTC could fine Twitter “BILLIONS of dollars.” The author claimed to have heard Alex Spiro, Musk’s top lawyer, say Musk is “willing to take on a huge amount of risk in retaliation to this company and users, because ‘Elon puts rockets into space, he’s not afraid of the FTC.’” Spiro did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

Basically, that most recent consent decree won't be observed and then the FTC, and or the Europeans, will lower the boom.

Whole article for non-subscribers. Bold emphasis mine.

"Several top privacy and security executives resigned from Twitter on Thursday, citing fears over the risks from Elon Musk’s leadership, in a stunning exodus that prompted federal regulators to warn they might step in.

Chief Information Security Officer Lea Kissner tweeted that they had made the “hard decision” to resign, and the company’s chief privacy officer and chief compliance officer also quit, according to screenshots of an employee’s internal Slack message shared with The Washington Post.

One current Twitter employee said several other members of the site’s privacy and security unit also had resigned, while another said those remaining were trying to stop a wave of abuse in the company’s expanded paid service, Twitter Blue.

The Federal Trade Commission, which reached its latest consent decree with Twitter in May, said it was “tracking the developments at Twitter with deep concern.”

“No CEO or company is above the law, and companies must follow our consent decrees,” said Douglas Farrar, the FTC’s director of public affairs. “Our revised consent order gives us new tools to ensure compliance, and we are prepared to use them.”

The privacy staffers said they were most concerned by the rapid rollout of new features without the full security reviews that the FTC consent decree requires. They also objected to Musk’s order in an email Wednesday night — his first to the staff since taking control of the company — that all employees had to begin working in the office 40 hours a week, effective Thursday.

Musk’s email did not address Twitter’s long tradition of flexible and remote work. Instead, it cited a dire need to earn money from Twitter Blue. “Without significant subscription revenue, there is a good chance Twitter will not survive the upcoming economic downturn,” Musk warned. “We need roughly half our revenue to be subscriptions.”

Former FTC officials warned that the departures of key privacy and security officials, as well as some of Musk’s proposed changes to Twitter products, opened the company to serious regulatory peril.

Twitter agreed in its settlement to designate employees responsible for privacy and security, including a senior corporate manager who would be responsible for certifying that the company was in compliance. The departures raise questions about whether such a chain of command is still in place, and whether the people still there have the authority and relationships to ensure that the order is being enforced.

“There’s a lot of peril for the company if it doesn’t have continuity,” said a former FTC official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly discuss the regulatory risks for the company.

David C. Vladeck, who was director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection at the time of Twitter’s first settlement with the agency, said the departures and the chaos of Musk’s first weeks of ownership raise questions about whether “compliance requirements are going to fall through the cracks.”

Vladeck said the penalties could be exponentially higher for Twitter if it is alleged to be in violation of its agreement with the FTC a second time. “There would be some very significant multiple of the last fine,” he said, referring to the May penalty, which carried a $150 million fine. “You have to add a decimal point to that.”

Twitter entered into the consent decree with the FTC after allegations that it deceptively used email and phone numbers it said it was collecting for security purposes to target users with advertising. The FTC alleged that this violated a 2011 consent decree it had reached with the company.

The new decree required Twitter to start enhanced privacy and security programs, which were to be audited by a third party. Under that program, Twitter is required to conduct a privacy assessment of any new products it launches.

The departures also invited scrutiny in Europe, which unlike the United States, has a general data protection law.

Twitter to pay $150 million fine over deceptively collected data

The employee Slack message said the quick release of products and changes without effective security reviews was “extremely dangerous” for users.

It said engineers would have to take on the burden of certifying that the products complied with FTC agreements, putting them at substantial personal legal risk. "Fcuk that noise" is what they are saying...

The meltdown of the security leadership is especially fraught because an FTC audit was expected by January, according to two people familiar with the schedule.

One said that Kissner and other executives had been hiring, despite a company-wide freeze, in a frantic effort to meet compliance rules before then.

Desperately needed people,” said one of them, who was among the roughly half of the company laid off last week and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal issues at Twitter.

The Slack message posted a link to Whistleblower Aid, a law firm that represented former security head Peiter Zatko when he filed a complaint this year with the Securities and Exchange Commission and other federal officials citing alleged violations related to the FTC, including what he described as inadequate logging of access to sensitive data and widespread use of out-of-date software.

The message warned that the FTC could fine Twitter “BILLIONS of dollars.” The author claimed to have heard Alex Spiro, Musk’s top lawyer, say Musk is “willing to take on a huge amount of risk in retaliation to this company and users, because ‘Elon puts rockets into space, he’s not afraid of the FTC.’” Spiro did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Former security chief claims Twitter buried ‘egregious deficiencies’

Other employees said they were taking paid time off Thursday as a demonstration of disapproval.

Kissner, who had been brought in by Zatko, was admired inside Twitter and seen as a crucial backstop amid the recent chaos.

“Twitter has had several major security incidents over the last several years due to poor internal controls and a permissive data architecture,” said Alex Stamos, a former head of data security at Facebook and Yahoo. “The team led by Dr. Kissner made serious strides to closing these flaws, as Twitter is required to do by FTC consent decree.”

Lourdes Turrecha, a cybersecurity and privacy lawyer in Silicon Valley, said the sudden resignations were a bombshell in privacy circles that had already been stunned by Zatko’s whistleblower complaint and the company’s mass layoffs.

These executives do not want to put their lives on the line and go to jail” if the company breaks the law, she said. “It’s a very hard time to be a chief information security officer or a chief privacy officer in tech right now, especially when your company doesn’t seem to care about its privacy and security practices.”
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:28 pm
These executives do not want to put their lives on the line and go to jail” if the company breaks the law, she said. “It’s a very hard time to be a chief information security officer or a chief privacy officer in tech right now, especially when your company doesn’t seem to care about its privacy and security practices.”
Can any lawyers shed light on this: how are these employees held personally liable for corporate actions? I thought there was a "corporate veil"?
njbill

Post by njbill »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:28 pm Ellie, the Chief Twit, is fcuked now. With blowhard counsel like this he's in deep.

"The message warned that the FTC could fine Twitter “BILLIONS of dollars.” The author claimed to have heard Alex Spiro, Musk’s top lawyer, say Musk is “willing to take on a huge amount of risk in retaliation to this company and users, because ‘Elon puts rockets into space, he’s not afraid of the FTC.’” Spiro did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

Basically, that most recent consent decree won't be observed and then the FTC, and or the Europeans, will lower the boom.

Whole article for non-subscribers. Bold emphasis mine.

"Several top privacy and security executives resigned from Twitter on Thursday, citing fears over the risks from Elon Musk’s leadership, in a stunning exodus that prompted federal regulators to warn they might step in.

Chief Information Security Officer Lea Kissner tweeted that they had made the “hard decision” to resign, and the company’s chief privacy officer and chief compliance officer also quit, according to screenshots of an employee’s internal Slack message shared with The Washington Post.

One current Twitter employee said several other members of the site’s privacy and security unit also had resigned, while another said those remaining were trying to stop a wave of abuse in the company’s expanded paid service, Twitter Blue.

The Federal Trade Commission, which reached its latest consent decree with Twitter in May, said it was “tracking the developments at Twitter with deep concern.”

“No CEO or company is above the law, and companies must follow our consent decrees,” said Douglas Farrar, the FTC’s director of public affairs. “Our revised consent order gives us new tools to ensure compliance, and we are prepared to use them.”

The privacy staffers said they were most concerned by the rapid rollout of new features without the full security reviews that the FTC consent decree requires. They also objected to Musk’s order in an email Wednesday night — his first to the staff since taking control of the company — that all employees had to begin working in the office 40 hours a week, effective Thursday.

Musk’s email did not address Twitter’s long tradition of flexible and remote work. Instead, it cited a dire need to earn money from Twitter Blue. “Without significant subscription revenue, there is a good chance Twitter will not survive the upcoming economic downturn,” Musk warned. “We need roughly half our revenue to be subscriptions.”

Former FTC officials warned that the departures of key privacy and security officials, as well as some of Musk’s proposed changes to Twitter products, opened the company to serious regulatory peril.

Twitter agreed in its settlement to designate employees responsible for privacy and security, including a senior corporate manager who would be responsible for certifying that the company was in compliance. The departures raise questions about whether such a chain of command is still in place, and whether the people still there have the authority and relationships to ensure that the order is being enforced.

“There’s a lot of peril for the company if it doesn’t have continuity,” said a former FTC official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly discuss the regulatory risks for the company.

David C. Vladeck, who was director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection at the time of Twitter’s first settlement with the agency, said the departures and the chaos of Musk’s first weeks of ownership raise questions about whether “compliance requirements are going to fall through the cracks.”

Vladeck said the penalties could be exponentially higher for Twitter if it is alleged to be in violation of its agreement with the FTC a second time. “There would be some very significant multiple of the last fine,” he said, referring to the May penalty, which carried a $150 million fine. “You have to add a decimal point to that.”

Twitter entered into the consent decree with the FTC after allegations that it deceptively used email and phone numbers it said it was collecting for security purposes to target users with advertising. The FTC alleged that this violated a 2011 consent decree it had reached with the company.

The new decree required Twitter to start enhanced privacy and security programs, which were to be audited by a third party. Under that program, Twitter is required to conduct a privacy assessment of any new products it launches.

The departures also invited scrutiny in Europe, which unlike the United States, has a general data protection law.

Twitter to pay $150 million fine over deceptively collected data

The employee Slack message said the quick release of products and changes without effective security reviews was “extremely dangerous” for users.

It said engineers would have to take on the burden of certifying that the products complied with FTC agreements, putting them at substantial personal legal risk. "Fcuk that noise" is what they are saying...

The meltdown of the security leadership is especially fraught because an FTC audit was expected by January, according to two people familiar with the schedule.

One said that Kissner and other executives had been hiring, despite a company-wide freeze, in a frantic effort to meet compliance rules before then.

Desperately needed people,” said one of them, who was among the roughly half of the company laid off last week and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal issues at Twitter.

The Slack message posted a link to Whistleblower Aid, a law firm that represented former security head Peiter Zatko when he filed a complaint this year with the Securities and Exchange Commission and other federal officials citing alleged violations related to the FTC, including what he described as inadequate logging of access to sensitive data and widespread use of out-of-date software.

The message warned that the FTC could fine Twitter “BILLIONS of dollars.” The author claimed to have heard Alex Spiro, Musk’s top lawyer, say Musk is “willing to take on a huge amount of risk in retaliation to this company and users, because ‘Elon puts rockets into space, he’s not afraid of the FTC.’” Spiro did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Former security chief claims Twitter buried ‘egregious deficiencies’

Other employees said they were taking paid time off Thursday as a demonstration of disapproval.

Kissner, who had been brought in by Zatko, was admired inside Twitter and seen as a crucial backstop amid the recent chaos.

“Twitter has had several major security incidents over the last several years due to poor internal controls and a permissive data architecture,” said Alex Stamos, a former head of data security at Facebook and Yahoo. “The team led by Dr. Kissner made serious strides to closing these flaws, as Twitter is required to do by FTC consent decree.”

Lourdes Turrecha, a cybersecurity and privacy lawyer in Silicon Valley, said the sudden resignations were a bombshell in privacy circles that had already been stunned by Zatko’s whistleblower complaint and the company’s mass layoffs.

Lots of “wows” and “yikes” in there.

I’ll focus on just one: Musk’s statement that Twitter will need half their revenue to come from subscriptions. Maybe he has said that before (the half part), but if so, I missed it. How in the world is that going to work? Give people something for free for 15 years and then try to start charging for it?

In our little teeny tiny lacrosse world, how many people started paying for access to the ratings data when Active tried to start charging for that? (Full disclosure: I did, but then I’m a total stats and numbers geek.)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Note to the Chief Tawt.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:36 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:28 pm
Can any lawyers shed light on this: how are these employees held personally liable for corporate actions? I thought there was a "corporate veil"?
... not lawyer but, I think corp veil can be pierced for corp officers (C-suite).
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”