Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Syracuse

Post by DMac »

No, I knew nothing of de Vries' history. So the girl is defined by a stupid teenage moment about which she says this:
“I realize that such words are offensive, uncalled for and, regardless of the situation, I should have known better. I have begun to have conversations about how to move forward, and how to develop better sensitivity and understanding of the experiences and feelings of others,” she said in the statement.
Oh if every stupid thing we had done as 16-17 year olds were put on video, we too could be defined by those moments.

Of course, when idiots are writing racial slurs on the walls at SU, de Vries' video has to be brought back to light despite there being nothing I can find that associates her with the goings on. Yup, defined for life by a stupid teenage moment.
http://www.wsww.dailyorange.com/2020/02 ... -protests/

The floor is all yours Lax101, never again will I post anything about Cuse FH here, eliminating the temptation for anyone to use it as fodder to pile on a girl who made a stupid teenage mistake.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:16 pm No, I knew nothing of de Vries' history. So the girl is defined by a stupid teenage moment about which she says this:
“I realize that such words are offensive, uncalled for and, regardless of the situation, I should have known better. I have begun to have conversations about how to move forward, and how to develop better sensitivity and understanding of the experiences and feelings of others,” she said in the statement.
Oh if every stupid thing we had done as 16-17 year olds were put on video, we too could be defined by those moments.

Of course, when idiots are writing racial slurs on the walls at SU, de Vries' video has to be brought back to light despite there being nothing I can find that associates her with the goings on. Yup, defined for life by a stupid teenage moment.

The floor is all yours Lax101, never again will I post anything about Cuse FH here, eliminating the temptation for anyone to use it as fodder to pile on a girl who made a stupid teenage mistake.
Well said, DMac.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:16 pm No, I knew nothing of de Vries' history. So the girl is defined by a stupid teenage moment about which she says this:

Well said, DMac.
Haven't seen the video, don't know the athlete. But there has to be room for redemption, or we are doomed.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:17 am
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 pm

Well said, DMac.
Haven't seen the video, don't know the athlete. But there has to be room for redemption, or we are doomed.
Doomed
DMac

Post by DMac »

Some nice goings on at Onondaga Park this week-end. If you're in the hood stop by and you can meet the right hand man of the Creator himself, Alfie Jacques, an absolute saint of a human being whose spirit is like none other's I've met in the world of lacrosse.
Doubt he'll bring his cat but I like him too.
https://events.onondagacountyparks.com/ ... ekend-2022
OuttaNowhereWregget

Well--Here's One Syracuse Fall Ball date, anyway

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac

Post by DMac »

Just lettin' ya know that if anyone has any questions about wlax feel free to ask.
I'm an expert now, know everything about it. Lotta good stuff in that book (I really
needed one more lacrosse book, got it yesterday).
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Disappointed that Cuse hasn't signed a top goalie, which is a position of MAJOR need. doesn't feel like they're going after them hard enough.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:01 pm Disappointed that Cuse hasn't signed a top goalie, which is a position of MAJOR need. doesn't feel like they're going after them hard enough.
Surprised not to hear more from others about Saturday’s scrimmage at Cornell. The Orange attack looked fairly good. Other than that I’m sure the coaches were not thrilled. Goal play not particularly strong (=weak).
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Ketch wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:06 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:01 pm Disappointed that Cuse hasn't signed a top goalie, which is a position of MAJOR need. doesn't feel like they're going after them hard enough.
Surprised not to hear more from others about Saturday’s scrimmage at Cornell. The Orange attack looked fairly good. Other than that I’m sure the coaches were not thrilled. Goal play not particularly strong (=weak).
They barely beat Cornell. That’s terrible. The goalie situation is not good. Yet the junior doesn’t get a shot. Wars back is a plus. First game of the injury. That should get better with time. Need ET back. Who takes coops spot is the question
PlayNice

Post by PlayNice »

Fischer wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:50 pm
They barely beat Cornell. That’s terrible. The goalie situation is not good. Yet the junior doesn’t get a shot. Wars back is a plus. First game of the injury. That should get better with time. Need ET back. Who takes coops spot is the question
Kind of hard to tell how things will look from this game. #44 back but did not play the entire game, #s 22, 43, 24, 49 and 12 did not play at all. Not exactly a full picture.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

PlayNice wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 pm
Fischer wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:50 pm
Kind of hard to tell how things will look from this game. #44 back but did not play the entire game, #s 22, 43, 24, 49 and 12 did not play at all. Not exactly a full picture.
True. I noticed that all of those players were out. But many of them are recuperating knees, so you don’t know when/if they’ll be able to contribute. #22 ran by me and she was still limping noticeably. It’s sad that her career has been derailed so much by her injury.
Nice to have #44 back. Her two spinning, fall away goals were fantastic.
Looking forward to watching some games with DMac in the spring.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Wow that’s a lot out. What’s up with 12?
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

I was up in Ithaca for work so was able to catch some of the Cornell/Cuse matchup. Beginning was rocky for the Orange. They ended up ahead. There were indeed quite a few players sidelined. Obvious is 24 and 43. But 22 didn’t play. Hoping she didn’t re injure herself. They seem to have some very fast new girls. That will be helpful on the clear. If they even see the field. Who knows. It’s fall ball.
laxer12

Re: Syracuse releases 2023 schedule

Post by laxer12 »

Surprised they released their schedule this early as they're seemingly always one of the last ones to do so. The reduction to only 16 regular season games stands out to me as Cuse has (excluding 2021*) always scheduled at least 17 regular season contests. The most conspicuous thing being the decision of jumping right into the fire with immediately playing both Northwestern and Maryland. Not sure how wise this strategy is when Cuse has a ton of significant players on the offensive end recovering from injury and a still unproven, wildly inconsistent defense.
Fi67MwcWIBMVZ01-2.jpeg
Fi67MwcWIBMVZ01-2.jpeg (239.64 KiB) Viewed 707 times
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Syracuse releases 2023 schedule

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxer12 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:51 pm Surprised they released their schedule this early as they're seemingly always one of the last ones to do so. The reduction to only 16 regular season games stands out to me as Cuse has (excluding 2021*) always scheduled at least 17 regular season contests. The most conspicuous thing being the decision of jumping right into the fire with immediately playing both Northwestern and Maryland. Not sure how wise this strategy is when Cuse has a ton of significant players on the offensive end recovering from injury and a still unproven, wildly inconsistent defense.
Hey Duke, Hey Coach Kimel--you see this schedule? THIS is what a real schedule looks like.

Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Wow - this will likely be the toughest schedule in the country. Full ACC schedule + out of conference games with Northwestern, MD, Loyola and Stony Brook.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Lax101 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:25 pm Wow - this will likely be the toughest schedule in the country. Full ACC schedule + out of conference games with Northwestern, MD, Loyola and Stony Brook.
Only noticeable absence for me is Florida. But yes, I don't foresee many (if any at all) teams having a more difficult schedule than Cuse has.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Thinking about letting my 8yr old daughter go to a lacrosse camp down here in Atlanta where the big name is Michelle Tumelo. What can folks tell me about her? Former Orange star I understand but know nothing about women’s college lacrosse.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:25 pm Thinking about letting my 8yr old daughter go to a lacrosse camp down here in Atlanta where the big name is Michelle Tumelo. What can folks tell me about her? Former Orange star I understand but know nothing about women’s college lacrosse.
I don't know Michelle nor follow Syracuse as closely as some on this forum, but as far as I know she is highly respected. I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't run a great camp.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”