Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Orange Duce

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:36 pm Weird; wonder why they thought this was OK?

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/4 ... t-posts-in
Sounds like you want a dictatorship....to control people and take away free will. Otherwise, knuckleheads will be knuckleheads.
Last edited by youthathletics on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:00 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:30 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:26 pm God, what a tool. How anyone could support this POS is really beyond me:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... adeedf3153

"National Park Service acting director P. Daniel Smith faces plenty of looming priorities this summer, from an $11 billion backlog in maintenance needs to natural disasters like the recent wildfire damage to Big Bend Park.

But in recent days, another issue has competed for Smith’s attention: how to satisfy President Trump’s request to station tanks or other armored military vehicles on the Mall for his planned Fourth of July address to the nation.

The ongoing negotiations over whether to use massive military hardware, such as Abrams tanks or Bradley Fighting Vehicles , as a prop for Trump’s “Salute to America” is just one of many unfinished details when it comes to the celebration planned for Thursday, according to several people briefed on the plan, who requested anonymity to speak frankly."

Is it all because of the Bone Spurs?
Duh !!
What about the "...new Sherman tanks..."?

You and your hero o d are dumber than a box of rocks. Sherman tanks haven't been in service since 1957.

“And we’re gonna have some tanks stationed outside… So we have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abrams tanks,” Trump said from the Oval Office.
You mean you have not seen them...man are you behind the times. They have Gold Barrels and everything. :lol:

Trump has a well-known fondness for things from the good old days, and on his first day in office he secretly ordered the Army to resurrect the Sherman. It was supposed to be a surprise, but you know Trump. He just can’t keep a secret.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

So Trump is turning what has been a national birthday celebration and turned it into a profit making venture and campaign rally. I applaud the vets who will be handing out McCain shirts. This way he gets to be seen with a big crowd I suppose. I expect lots of photos to hit the internet.

Many of my former neighbors in Old Town Alexandria are stating there instead of doing there annual trek
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:14 pm
CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:00 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:30 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:26 pm God, what a tool. How anyone could support this POS is really beyond me:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... adeedf3153

"National Park Service acting director P. Daniel Smith faces plenty of looming priorities this summer, from an $11 billion backlog in maintenance needs to natural disasters like the recent wildfire damage to Big Bend Park.

But in recent days, another issue has competed for Smith’s attention: how to satisfy President Trump’s request to station tanks or other armored military vehicles on the Mall for his planned Fourth of July address to the nation.

The ongoing negotiations over whether to use massive military hardware, such as Abrams tanks or Bradley Fighting Vehicles , as a prop for Trump’s “Salute to America” is just one of many unfinished details when it comes to the celebration planned for Thursday, according to several people briefed on the plan, who requested anonymity to speak frankly."

Is it all because of the Bone Spurs?
Duh !!
What about the "...new Sherman tanks..."?

You and your hero o d are dumber than a box of rocks. Sherman tanks haven't been in service since 1957.

“And we’re gonna have some tanks stationed outside… So we have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abrams tanks,” Trump said from the Oval Office.
You mean you have not seen them...man are you behind the times. They have Gold Barrels and everything. :lol:

Trump has a well-known fondness for things from the good old days, and on his first day in office he secretly ordered the Army to resurrect the Sherman. It was supposed to be a surprise, but you know Trump. He just can’t keep a secret.

Well said, that is funny! Glad that you "got" my joke.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

THE PRESIDENT: I think so. I think so. I think I’ve reached most Americans. Most Americans want no crime. Most Americans want a strong military. They want good education. They want good healthcare. If you look at preexisting conditions, the Republicans are going to save preexisting conditions. The Democrats won’t be able to do it. What the Democrats’ plan is going to destroy the country and it’s going to be horrible healthcare. Horrible healthcare.

And everybody’s taxes are going to go to 95 percent. And, by the way, that’s not enough. But the taxes — if they ever did what they want to do, your taxes go to 95 percent and that isn’t nearly enough. Thank you very much everybody.
smoova

Post by smoova »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:17 am
THE PRESIDENT: I think so. I think so. I think I’ve reached most Americans. Most Americans want no crime. Most Americans want a strong military. They want good education. They want good healthcare. If you look at preexisting conditions, the Republicans are going to save preexisting conditions. The Democrats won’t be able to do it. What the Democrats’ plan is going to destroy the country and it’s going to be horrible healthcare. Horrible healthcare.

And everybody’s taxes are going to go to 95 percent. And, by the way, that’s not enough. But the taxes — if they ever did what they want to do, your taxes go to 95 percent and that isn’t nearly enough. Thank you very much everybody.
Tough to argue when presented with facts like these ...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

smoova wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:55 am

....more like alternative facts - why waste time arguing.
smoova

Post by smoova »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:56 am
smoova wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:55 am

....more like alternative facts - why waste time arguing.
True - I neglected to use the sarcasm font.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Looks like 2 Brads, 2 Abrams and an M88 (basically a tank tow-truck on an M60 chassis). I suspect the M88 is there in case one of the first four breaks down.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

It trump promised Shermans. Another broken promise.
old salt

Post by old salt »

* the one-hour program (from 6:30-7:30 p.m., led by Trump himself) at the Lincoln Memorial will include military demonstrations flyovers, and performances by the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, the U.S. Army Band (“Pershing’s Own”), the Armed Forces Chorus, and the United States Marine Corps Silent Drill Team. The New York Times reports that the Navy’s Blue Angels jets and Air Force One will also be performing in Thursday’s festivities.
BFD. No operational units listed in that. All PR, air show demo's, ceremonial or Presidential units, most DC based.
The armored vehicles will likely be static displays
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:06 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:36 pm Weird; wonder why they thought this was OK?

Sounds like you want a dictatorship....to control people and take away free will. Otherwise, knuckleheads will be knuckleheads.
Really, that's your interpretation, these posters are just "knuckleheads"?

Here in America you can say most anything you want, including some pretty darn hateful, bigoted trash. We protect the right of free speech.
I have no doubt that seacoaster would agree.

But you lose your job if you don't represent the values and code of conduct of your employer. These posts are way outside the bounds of the code of conduct of their organization. Fire them. Period.

They can say anything they want but they no longer get a badge or a paycheck from the American taxpayers. Find another employer.

Otherwise, we're saying that what they have expressed is the within the bounds of conduct that is approved.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Here in America you can say most anything you want, including some pretty darn hateful, bigoted trash. We protect the right of free speech.

But you lose your job if you don't represent the values and code of conduct of your employer. These posts are way outside the bounds of the code of conduct of their organization. Fire them. Period.

They can say anything they want but they no longer get a badge or a paycheck from the American taxpayers. Find another employer.

Otherwise, we're saying that what they have expressed is the within the bounds of conduct that is approved.
Rest assured -- jobs will be lost. This will be CBP's Tailhook.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:51 pm
* the one-hour program (from 6:30-7:30 p.m., led by Trump himself) at the Lincoln Memorial will include military demonstrations flyovers, and performances by the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, the U.S. Army Band (“Pershing’s Own”), the Armed Forces Chorus, and the United States Marine Corps Silent Drill Team. The New York Times reports that the Navy’s Blue Angels jets and Air Force One will also be performing in Thursday’s festivities.
BFD. No operational units listed in that. All PR, air show demo's, ceremonial or Presidential units, most DC based.
I was at a pops concert in Columbia this past Sunday. Nice event, quite diverse crowd of several hundred folks in lawn chairs with the local volunteer orchestra. Just as every year, they did a little salute to patriotic songs and the 4th, one medley of which was each of the services music, during which they invited those serving or having served in each respective service to stand to be recognized. Nice, enthusiastic applause for the men and women who serve and have served. Appropriate and charming in an old-fashioned way. Right next to our family, a Marine stood. Hispanic with an
African American wife and two cute kids. Right in front of us stood an African American Navy vet with her kids. On the other side of us an older man, Coast Guard. A little bit from us, a couple both of whom stood as Navy. ETC.

That's as 'military' as we get for the 4th, we celebrate our freedoms, our nation's 'birthday', and we tip our hats to the people of all generations who have made those freedoms possible. We don't brag about technological or industrial military prowess. It's a time for us all to be together in celebration, not division, and never as braggarts.

While Trump, as usual, insists on inserting himself into such situations, with an obvious disdain for the actual meaning of the celebration. Maybe he'll restrict himself to a carefully crafted speech while on the podium, but any bets on whether he'll take a harshly partisan attack sometime that day?

Here's the question: How many times will he use the phrase Fake News this week?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Lets hope so. We'll see.
Culture matters. Discipline matters.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Lets hope so. We'll see.
The only difference will be Fed Employee Protections for CBP
vs Congressional/political influence on military promotions & assignments.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Lets hope so. We'll see.
The only difference will be Fed Employee Protections for CBP
vs Congressional/political influence on military promotions & assignments.
I don't recall the news show that I saw this on, but a researcher has done a similar review of police force officers in several major cities posting in social media, often in these sorts of closed groups. Way, way beyond the pale. Large numbers actually cheering racist and violent memes. These folks should not be entrusted with a badge and a gun.

I had an interesting discussion with my 80+ yr old dad a couple of years ago (passed away this past winter). He and I often clashed on political matters as I was more of a moderate R and he was more to the right, mostly a matter of generations. He took me by surprise though on the topic of police abuse, when he said he thought he understood, at least a bit. He told of an encounter he'd had in the last decade with police when he had observed an accident and had stopped, helped call the police, and then stepped forward to provide his account. He said he'd been treated very rudely, callously, by the policeman. He said, "If I, as an 80-year old, well dressed, fully respectful white man is treated that way, how must it be when the policemen might actually think someone could be a threat?". Too many police seem enamored with the militarism, the power of the badge and gun, and don't see themselves as servants. Culture matters. Discipline matters.

And the numbers of police, the significant percentage in each city, that had participated on social media in bigoted ways was really bad.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:51 pm
I was at a pops concert in Columbia this past Sunday. Nice event, quite diverse crowd of several hundred folks in lawn chairs with the local volunteer orchestra. Just as every year, they did a little salute to patriotic songs and the 4th, one medley of which was each of the services music, during which they invited those serving or having served in each respective service to stand to be recognized. Nice, enthusiastic applause for the men and women who serve and have served. Appropriate and charming in an old-fashioned way. Right next to our family, a Marine stood. Hispanic with an
African American wife and two cute kids. Right in front of us stood an African American Navy vet with her kids. On the other side of us an older man, Coast Guard. A little bit from us, a couple both of whom stood as Navy. ETC.

That's as 'military' as we get for the 4th, we celebrate our freedoms, our nation's 'birthday', and we tip our hats to the people of all generations who have made those freedoms possible. We don't brag about technological or industrial military prowess. It's a time for us all to be together in celebration, not division, and never as braggarts.

While Trump, as usual, insists on inserting himself into such situations, with an obvious disdain for the actual meaning of the celebration. Maybe he'll restrict himself to a carefully crafted speech while on the podium, but any bets on whether he'll take a harshly partisan attack sometime that day?

Here's the question: How many times will he use the phrase Fake News this week?
Well said, I was at the performance too, love the Columbia Orchestra!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

On the lighter side:
Sarah Sanders Book.jpg
Sarah Sanders Book.jpg (72.03 KiB) Viewed 2294 times
Sander's Just Released Book
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”