"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by dislaxxic »

Thanks for posting, Red...good stuff.

Somehow i feel like Faux News and MAGA Nation will see something entirely different in this reporting, by no means a repudiation of this thread in their Vast Right Wing Disinformation Campaign...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:00 am So, do we think our right wingers will admit that Clinton wasn't spying on the Trump White House as was alleged???

Is Durham’s investigation finished? Did we miss the announcement?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:17 am Thanks for posting, Red...good stuff.

Somehow i feel like Faux News and MAGA Nation will see something entirely different in this reporting, by no means a repudiation of this thread in their Vast Right Wing Disinformation Campaign...

see above...same nonsense and can't just admit it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:23 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:17 am Thanks for posting, Red...good stuff.

Yes, god forbid we wait til a case closes before making judgment.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:27 am

Petey, we're discussing the way the right wing media and Trump himself tried to take something that was pretty obviously not what they purported and spun it up into a major nefarious conspiracy accusation...and then the prosecutor himself, says, 'nope, you're wrong, not what I said'.

We don't need to wait until the case "closes" to know what just happened. Why can't you just admit it?

Now, as to the "case", do you mean Sussman or do you mean this "investigation" that's been going on since May 2019 (then secretly as SC in October 2020, made public in December). That's way, way longer than the Mueller investigation.

And this is all Durham has to show for it...that an attorney may not have 'told the truth' about who his clients were when he brought forward DNS traffic information about Trump Tower and Alpha Banc communicating; he says the IT security guy was his client, Durham says he should have disclosed that the Clinton Campaign was also a client...the FBI decided the information wasn't worth pursuing deeply and it wasn't part of any predicates for their actual, serious investigation of linkages between the Trump Campaign and Russians. The lawyer, Sussman, says he told the truth. We don't know for sure, but that's all Durham has discovered over these couple of years of investigation.

But here, we have the right wing media and Trump himself claiming that the Clinton Campaign or Hillary was spying on the Trump White House after they were in office based on a a couple of sentences in a recent filing, twisted by them to mean something that was fairly obvious was incorrect. Durhams says, no, that's not what I found...

And you say, can't we wait until the "case" is "closed"...when will that be, pray tell?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:49 am

Petey, we're discussing the way the right wing media and Trump himself tried to take something that was pretty obviously not what they purported and spun it up into a major nefarious conspiracy accusation...and then the prosecutor himself, says, 'nope, you're wrong, not what I said'.

We don't need to wait until the case "closes" to know what just happened. Why can't you just admit it?

Now, as to the "case", do you mean Sussman or do you mean this "investigation" that's been going on since May 2019 (then secretly as SC in October 2020, made public in December). That's way, way longer than the Mueller investigation.

And this is all Durham has to show for it...that an attorney may not have 'told the truth' about who his clients were when he brought forward DNS traffic information about Trump Tower and Alpha Banc communicating; he says the IT security guy was his client, Durham says he should have disclosed that the Clinton Campaign was also a client...the FBI decided the information wasn't worth pursuing deeply and it wasn't part of any predicates for their actual, serious investigation of linkages between the Trump Campaign and Russians. The lawyer, Sussman, says he told the truth. We don't know for sure, but that's all Durham has discovered over these couple of years of investigation.

But here, we have the right wing media and Trump himself claiming that the Clinton Campaign or Hillary was spying on the Trump White House after they were in office based on a a couple of sentences in a recent filing, twisted by them to mean something that was fairly obvious was incorrect. Durhams says, no, that's not what I found...

And you say, can't we wait until the "case" is "closed"...when will that be, pray tell?

I’m not a fan of independent investigations, never have been. There is no stopwatch and no budget. Mueller to his credit showed restraint and concern. I’m a big Bob Mueller fan ironically, even though he likely doesn’t agree with me about many things,

When Durham ends, I’ll let you know my final thoughts on HRC. For now, she’s mostly IMO a smart woman whose politics are not exactly to my liking. That’s it. She doesn’t excite me either way. I’m not going to say she’s out of the woods, or in deep. I’ll let the investigation take its course first.

I’d certainly believe it if you told me she asked others to do some dirty work for her. But until proven it’s simply idle cocktail chatter.

I have heard from folks who know her two things: ruthless but fun. That seems about right.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

All this WHOHAA is where we were headed had Cheeto's call with Ukrainian President Zelensky had born the internded fruit. "Just say there's an investigation" into Hunter Biden...all they want is a predicate to a campaign of lies and disinformation. It's what autocrats...dictators...do. It's what a vapid, policy-reft political party does...

DURHAM SAYS IT’S NOT HIS FAULT HIS FORMER BOSS CALLED FOR THE DEATH OF HIS DEFENDANT
The former President implied the defendant and a witness should be killed. But it’s not Durham’s fault and so he doesn’t have to deal with the fact that it happened!!

This is factually specious. Kash Patel, who was among the first to make egregiously false claims, is not a “third party.” He is the originator of this inquiry, and he knew well his statements to be false. Donald Trump, who suggested Sussmann and others should be killed, is not a “third party.” He was Durham’s boss and his demands for prosecutions are what led to Durham being appointed Special Counsel in the first place.

Plus, Durham’s team have already made the identities of some grand jury witnesses public in discovery filings.

The claim that the architects of this mob are neutral “third parties” is all the more pathetic given the excuse Shaw provides for including the false insinuation that Rodney Joffe spied on Trump’s White House rather than tried to keep the White House safe from hackers at the time it happened to be occupied by Barack Obama.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:19 am

I’m not a fan of independent investigations, never have been. There is no stopwatch and no budget. Mueller to his credit showed restraint and concern. I’m a big Bob Mueller fan ironically, even though he likely doesn’t agree with me about many things,

When Durham ends, I’ll let you know my final thoughts on HRC. For now, she’s mostly IMO a smart woman whose politics are not exactly to my liking. That’s it. She doesn’t excite me either way. I’m not going to say she’s out of the woods, or in deep. I’ll let the investigation take its course first.

I’d certainly believe it if you told me she asked others to do some dirty work for her. But until proven it’s simply idle cocktail chatter.

I have heard from folks who know her two things: ruthless but fun. That seems about right.
Yup, we're coming up on 3 years of the "Durham investigation" and there isn't even the remotest evidence of Hillary Clinton's involvement in anything nefarious in this matter. None.

Doesn't mean that it's impossible to imagine, but Durham simply doesn't have anything at all.

But that doesn't stop the right wing media, Trump himself, and his acolytes from claiming falsely otherwise. And we know why that really is.

And I'm not a Hillary fan by any stretch.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Ted Lieu@tedlieu

Every American, including the former President, is entitled to the presumption of innocence and has the right to exercise Fifth Amendment rights.

But as a matter of honor and respect to the American people, no President or former President should ever take the Fifth.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:10 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:00 am So, do we think our right wingers will admit that Clinton wasn't spying on the Trump White House as was alleged???
No, but it might quiet some of them a bit until some other Durham filing...
If he ever files it. Zero complaints from the forums many posters who complained about endless politically motivated prosecutions when Republicans were being investigated.

Turns out they're all full of sh*t, and just care about their Party. Which is just a sooper-dooper attitude that's flushing our country down the toilet.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... even Hugh Hewitt has come out calling bullsh*t on the right wing propaganda regarding Durham's findings.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:08 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:10 am
No, but it might quiet some of them a bit until some other Durham filing...
If he ever files it. Zero complaints from the forums many posters who complained about endless politically motivated prosecutions when Republicans were being investigated.

Turns out they're all full of sh*t, and just care about their Party. Which is just a sooper-dooper attitude that's flushing our country down the toilet.
Finally, a platform:

"Turns out they're all full of sh*t, and just care about their Party."
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

The FBI? Led by a serial liar. The guy who sent agents in as the White House was setting up shop so he could sneak his guys in. That's a peaceful transition of power if there ever was one.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:56 pm
The FBI? Led by a serial liar. The guy who sent agents in as the White House was setting up shop so he could sneak his guys in. That's a peaceful transition of power if there ever was one.
Christoper Wray?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:59 pm
Christoper Wray?
You may add him to the list. Another white shoe weasel.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:01 pm
Christoper Wray?
Oh. Then you mean Comey, got it. Both Republicans, yes?

Come on------Trump and his team couldn't say "good morning" without lying. THAT is why they were investigated, sending our FBI in a stupid wild goose chase, trying to figure out why the F Trump's people would meet with a Russian spy before the election. Turns out that they're just stupid and unethical, which isn't illegal. All of it a waste of time and money.

OF COURSE the FBI investigated the lies and the nonstop Trump nonsense, get it to x.....what else would you expect?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:59 am Ted Lieu@tedlieu

Every American, including the former President, is entitled to the presumption of innocence and has the right to exercise Fifth Amendment rights.

But as a matter of honor and respect to the American people, no President or former President should ever take the Fifth.

I agree with Ted Lieu.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:12 pm
Christoper Wray?

Come on------Trump and his team couldn't say "good morning" without lying. THAT is why they were investigated, sending our FBI in a stupid wild goose chase, trying to figure out why the F Trump's people would meet with a Russian spy before the election. Turns out that they're just stupid and unethical, which isn't illegal. All of it a waste of time and money.

OF COURSE the FBI investigated the lies and the nonstop Trump nonsense, get it to x.....what else would you expect?

a fan’s post here is correct and echos my sentiments exactly.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:12 pm
Christoper Wray?

They knew the dossier was BS before they were even finished reading it. Predicate matters.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:27 pm They knew the dossier was BS before they were even finished reading it. Predicate matters.
The dossier has nothing to do with it, red herring that ignores everything else.

Come on....if you're the FBI, and you have Kushner tell you that they just got done meeting with a Russian spy in TrumpTower, looking for dirt on Hillary, a few weeks before the election.....what would YOU do?

And that's just one event, get it to x.

Understand that's the pitch here: I understand that Trump hasn't broken any laws (aside from obstruction of justice) regarding Russia. But what you're telling me is that it was insane---and corrupt----- that the FBI investigated all this nonsense. OF COURSE they investigated all of Trump's nonsense. Who wouldn't?

Trump's campaign manager went to prison, for heaven's sake. And why? For lying about work for a pro-Russian toady in Ukraine, and for witness tampering. And yet you guys are STILL telling us that the FBI was not just nuts...but corrupt...for having the gall to investigate all these shenanigans surrounding TeamTrump and Russia?

Come on. You'd be screaming bloody murder about all this if Trump had run as a Democrat. Be honest.

Return to “POLITICS”