~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Are you worried about the strength of the dollar? Is it too strong right now?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Given the strength is a relative position that makes total sense.

Nobody voted for Biden to deliver crisp punchlines that are sexy but worthless. That’s the MaGA movement see the whack lady running for gov in AZ or Herschel who’s peeps got my cell number somehow and won’t let me off despite the million STOP replies I’ve tried. I’d rather have a guy who understands it on some level or tries to understand issues but delivers like I type thoughts on my phone than a guy who doesn’t even care or bother to try.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:07 pm
China's royally F'ed. Just like Japan, ironically.....the last paper tiger that 80's Wall Street types told us would destroy the US economy. Nope.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:28 pm
China's royally F'ed. Just like Japan, ironically.....the last paper tiger that 80's Wall Street types told us would destroy the US economy. Nope.
They are the largest holder of US MBS (in dollars) so there a hedge
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:40 pm
How long do you suppose that will continue? China's population is about to pull a Japan in the coming decades, population wise.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:40 pm
How long do you suppose that will continue? China's population is about to pull a Japan in the coming decades, population wise.
It’s a circular firing squad to sell so given with duration extension in a rising rate environment they’ll run off the books in about 15yrs assuming no new purchases.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

October 17, 2022
Heather Cox Richardson

Today the Biden administration opened the website to apply for relief from student debt, a policy that is expected to benefit 43 million Americans directly and others tangentially as debt relief frees up family resources. The administration also announced that the Food and Drug Administration’s final rule concerning Biden’s Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy went into effect today, making hearing aids available over the counter and thereby lowering costs for the devices by as much as $3,000 a pair.

The administration has also recently achieved a historic diplomatic victory by brokering an agreement between Israel and Lebanon, two countries that have been formally at war since 1948, to establish a maritime boundary.

But all that news got drowned out by the continuing drama coming from the Republican Party. As Republican political strategist Sarah Longwell wrote in The Bulwark today, the Republican Party is facing an “extinction event,” having been taken over by former president Trump to become the right-wing MAGA Party. As Longwell wrote, “In the Republican party as it is currently constituted, political power emanates completely and totally from Donald Trump.”...

https://open.substack.com/pub/heatherco ... medium=web
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ToastDunk wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:16 pm October 17, 2022
Heather Cox Richardson

Today the Biden administration opened the website to apply for relief from student debt, a policy that is expected to benefit 43 million Americans directly and others tangentially as debt relief frees up family resources. The administration also announced that the Food and Drug Administration’s final rule concerning Biden’s Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy went into effect today, making hearing aids available over the counter and thereby lowering costs for the devices by as much as $3,000 a pair.

The administration has also recently achieved a historic diplomatic victory by brokering an agreement between Israel and Lebanon, two countries that have been formally at war since 1948, to establish a maritime boundary.

But all that news got drowned out by the continuing drama coming from the Republican Party. As Republican political strategist Sarah Longwell wrote in The Bulwark today, the Republican Party is facing an “extinction event,” having been taken over by former president Trump to become the right-wing MAGA Party. As Longwell wrote, “In the Republican party as it is currently constituted, political power emanates completely and totally from Donald Trump.”...

https://open.substack.com/pub/heatherco ... medium=web
Right: one party at least trying to govern. The other with a moronic would-be despot’s foot on its neck. They’re not equivalent.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

https://thehill.com/homenews/3715988-ge ... omination/
Washington Post columnist George Will is arguing President Biden and Vice President Harris should call it quits after one term.

Will described what he called a “boulder” bouncing by this fall demonstrating “why Joe Biden should not seek another term.”

“Democrats should promptly face that fact, and this one: An Everest of evidence shows that Vice President Harris is starkly unqualified to be considered as his successor,” Will added.

Will said that Biden’s recent incorrect assertion that he had passed a massive student loan forgiveness package “by law,” saying “he got it passed by a vote or two,” should be disqualifying.

“Biden was not merely again embellishing his achievements. This is not just another of his verbal fender benders. There is no less-than-dismaying explanation for his complete confusion. What vote? Who voted?” Will asked. “It is frightening that Biden does not know, or remember, what he recently did regarding an immensely important policy. He must be presumed susceptible to future episodes of similar bewilderment. He should leave the public stage on Jan. 20, 2025.”

Of Harris, the longtime columnist wrote the vice president on a number of issues sounds “like someone giving a book report on a book she has not read.”

“In 2024, the Republican Party might present the nation with a presidential nominee whose unfitness has been demonstrated,” Will concluded. “After next Tuesday’s sobering election results, Democrats should resolve not to insult and imperil the nation by doing likewise.”
old salt

Post by old salt »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:42 pm Of Harris, the longtime columnist wrote the vice president on a number of issues sounds “like someone giving a book report on a book she has not read.”
That's a great line.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:42 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/3715988-ge ... omination/
Washington Post columnist George Will is arguing President Biden and Vice President Harris should call it quits after one term.

Will described what he called a “boulder” bouncing by this fall demonstrating “why Joe Biden should not seek another term.”

“Democrats should promptly face that fact, and this one: An Everest of evidence shows that Vice President Harris is starkly unqualified to be considered as his successor,” Will added.

Will said that Biden’s recent incorrect assertion that he had passed a massive student loan forgiveness package “by law,” saying “he got it passed by a vote or two,” should be disqualifying.

“Biden was not merely again embellishing his achievements. This is not just another of his verbal fender benders. There is no less-than-dismaying explanation for his complete confusion. What vote? Who voted?” Will asked. “It is frightening that Biden does not know, or remember, what he recently did regarding an immensely important policy. He must be presumed susceptible to future episodes of similar bewilderment. He should leave the public stage on Jan. 20, 2025.”

Of Harris, the longtime columnist wrote the vice president on a number of issues sounds “like someone giving a book report on a book she has not read.”

“In 2024, the Republican Party might present the nation with a presidential nominee whose unfitness has been demonstrated,” Will concluded. “After next Tuesday’s sobering election results, Democrats should resolve not to insult and imperil the nation by doing likewise.”
Underlined is the ironic part. Fox and MAGAts jumping on every spoken mistake. When Biden gets up to 1000s and 1000s of comments that are incorrect, hyperbole, pure lie, incorrect grammar, neologism, or additional evidence of ineptness then I'll worry about it. Covfefe!!! Shine a light in it!!!

(And I know Will is neither. Sadly it appears he's suggesting our only hope is a different democrat.)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:25 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:42 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/3715988-ge ... omination/

Underlined is the ironic part. Fox and MAGAts jumping on every spoken mistake. When Biden gets up to 1000s and 1000s of comments that are incorrect, hyperbole, pure lie, incorrect grammar, neologism, or additional evidence of ineptness then I'll worry about it. Covfefe!!! Shine a light in it!!!

(And I know Will is neither. Sadly it appears he's suggesting our only hope is a different democrat.)
I totally agree with there being no remote equivalence.

That said, can you not imagine that there could be enormous benefits to Biden gracefully stepping aside, mission accomplished, plus Schumer and Pelosi doing so, enabling a next generation of Democrats to step forward? If the Dems lose badly this month, we may well see that happen come January anyway, so look for the positives.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about a DeSantis than I am of a Trump contender. Both would be disastrous for democracy, but I'm much more concerned that DeSantis could garner the votes versus a Biden or Harris. And I see him as a far more 'competent' "fascist" than Trump if he gains that power. Straight on Christian Nationalist.

I see the campaign of Tim Ryan (win for lose) as the model for what the Dems should pivot towards. The Dem Party will struggle with that, but that's where they need to go...the demographics will do the rest, but they're not sufficient to defeat the populism.

And we really do need to bring the nation together.

I don't think the GOP will make the pivot I'd want by 2024, thus my hope the Dems do...
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:43 pm

That said, can you not imagine that there could be enormous benefits to Biden gracefully stepping aside, mission accomplished, plus Schumer and Pelosi doing so, enabling a next generation of Democrats to step forward? If the Dems lose badly this month, we may well see that happen come January anyway, so look for the positives.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about a DeSantis than I am of a Trump contender. Both would be disastrous for democracy, but I'm much more concerned that DeSantis could garner the votes versus a Biden or Harris. And I see him as a far more 'competent' "fascist" than Trump if he gains that power. Straight on Christian Nationalist.

I see the campaign of Tim Ryan (win for lose) as the model for what the Dems should pivot towards. The Dem Party will struggle with that, but that's where they need to go...the demographics will do the rest, but they're not sufficient to defeat the populism.

I don't think the GOP will make the pivot I'd want by 2024, thus my hope the Dems do...

You want to "bring the nation together" while calling the presumptive Republican 2024 nominee a 'Christian National Fascist'... Hmmmm.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you politically, doesn't require you to call them names.

Let me add an important qualifier: there are nearly no real 'fascists' in America, certainly zero politicians. You might not understand what that word means. (actually, to the extent we have any politicians at all who do not support democracy - and no, asking for honest elections does not mean you don't support democracy-, we probably have a few Communists who are too timid to call themselves that, but that would be all)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:55 pm

You want to "bring the nation together" while calling the presumptive Republican 2024 nominee a 'Christian National Fascist'... Hmmmm.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you politically, doesn't require you to call them names.

Let me add an important qualifier: there are nearly no real 'fascists' in America, certainly zero politicians. You might not understand what that word means. (actually, to the extent we have any politicians at all who do not support democracy - and no, asking for honest elections does not mean you don't support democracy-, we probably have a few Communists who are too timid to call themselves that, but that would be all)
Ok Petey, we know you have the hots for his wife.

The red, just wow. Really, really bad trolling.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... Biden's is still in better shape than Reagan was his second term. But I will agree with Will, I don't really want to see either one of them in 2024. Neither Reagan nor Biden can hold a candle next to Orange Duce. Their problem is/was they are/were old and starting to show diminished capacity. Trump is/was just a lying sack of sh*t incompetent in the ways of governing. I'll take Biden or Reagan over Trump.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:42 pm

... Biden's is still in better shape than Reagan was his second term. But I will agree with Will, I don't really want to see either one of them in 2024. Neither Reagan nor Biden can hold a candle next to Orange Duce. Their problem is/was they are/were old and starting to show diminished capacity. Trump is/was just a lying sack of sh*t incompetent in the ways of governing. I'll take Biden or Reagan over Trump.
I'd take a piece of wood over Trump, or TLD's manhole cover.

The question is who would defeat DeSantis... that a-hole actually worries me.
Trump would lose to most any credible Dem, including Biden or Harris, and I think they're particularly weak candidates at this point.
But that's because Trump is well known.
DeSantis has a lot of people fooled and others curious...and others won't focus until the last stretch.
He's actually a pretty darn smart guy, has a solid resume, family life looks sound...so way fewer rough edges...though he's a complete a-hole who would seize whatever power he can. Truly dangerous in MAGA times...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... Pelosi is done. She is not running for re-election in 2022. Barbara Lee will take her seat. She announced her retirement the beginning of the year.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:42 pm

I'd take a piece of wood over Trump, or TLD's manhole cover.

The question is who would defeat DeSantis... that a-hole actually worries me.
Trump would lose to most any credible Dem, including Biden or Harris, and I think they're particularly weak candidates at this point.
But that's because Trump is well known.
DeSantis has a lot of people fooled and others curious...and others won't focus until the last stretch.
He's actually a pretty darn smart guy, has a solid resume, family life looks sound...so way fewer rough edges...though he's a complete a-hole who would seize whatever power he can. Truly dangerous in MAGA times...
DeSantis is hurting himself these days. He is not going to win in Florida as easily as he and KellyAnne thought. Tim Ryan would make a good candidate assuming he wins (which I think he will). The D's definitely now have to go young. Joe Biden has accomplished his mission. It will be easier to identify potential candidates once we see who wins next week.

Then you have the DeSantis - Trump conflict which may not make it so easy for the republiCONs in 2024.

Return to “POLITICS”