2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:36 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:02 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 am Interesting takeaways from this article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewst ... 9289191439

Trump is doing much better with blacks this time around (which might force Joe to choose Harris or Abrams, a complete disaster scenario for Joe)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/upsh ... ction.html

Trump's enthusiasm gap above Biden is epic; Joe's enthusiasm vote is lower is lower than Clinton and Romney, barely above McCain...all lost.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-c ... d=69812092

This race may not be as close as some have predicted. Trump could potentially win in a landslide. And don't blame the messenger boys; blame the polls which you always love until you don't. :lol:
That is what the left wants....they like having Trump as POTUS, he is a distraction and they ultimately get what they want.
YA. You have to understand that this is just crazy talk right? Sometimes your views of this thing you call the left make me wonder if you have any friends or acquaintances on the left. No one on the left wants Trump to be the President. They know that the country's institutions will not survive four more years of this. Not trolling.

seacoaster, you have to think like politician. Certainly you are correct that the majority of citizenry/left does not like/want trump, but the political left....yes. Why? b/c Trump really is a political democrat, until he knew he wouldn't win as one. We could easily agree he is also a grifter. But in the end, he has given the left what they wanted at damned near every turn...with the exception of SCOTUS seats. The political left can happily say, we are getting our share of give of take, and our economy is doing quite well. Does it sting they are not in full power?....certainly, but a small price to pay for still winning enough of the small battles.

Would I like to see Trump gone...certainly, but he also provides a balance of power that is also healthy for our country. That is also why I believe the left is fighting in the trenches for the majority, because odds are, they lose the presidency...AND, if they don't, well, they get closer to the majority.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:58 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 am Interesting takeaways from this article:

Trump is doing much better with blacks this time around (which might force Joe to choose Harris or Abrams, a complete disaster scenario for Joe)

Trump's enthusiasm gap above Biden is epic; Joe's enthusiasm vote is lower is lower than Clinton and Romney, barely above McCain...all lost.

This race may not be as close as some have predicted. Trump could potentially win in a landslide. And don't blame the messenger boys; blame the polls which you always love until you don't. :lol:
That is what the left wants....they like having Trump as POTUS, he is a distraction and they ultimately get what they want.
YA. You have to understand that this is just crazy talk right? Sometimes your views of this thing you call the left make me wonder if you have any friends or acquaintances on the left. No one on the left wants Trump to be the President. They know that the country's institutions will not survive four more years of this. Not trolling.

seacoaster, you have to think like politician. Certainly you are correct that the majority of citizenry/left does not like/want trump, but the political left....yes. Why? b/c Trump really is a political democrat, until he knew he wouldn't win as one. We could easily agree he is also a grifter. But in the end, he has given the left what they wanted at damned near every turn...with the exception of SCOTUS seats. The political left can happily say, we are getting our share of give of take, and our economy is doing quite well. Does it sting they are not in full power?....certainly, but a small price to pay for still winning enough of the small battles.

Would I like to see Trump gone...certainly, but he also provides a balance of power that is also healthy for our country. That is also why I believe the left is fighting in the trenches for the majority, because odds are, they lose the presidency...AND, if they don't, well, they get closer to the majority.
I love you man, but I really think you are crazy to think this. It clever'ish and niftily counter-intuitive, but it is a nutso fringe thought.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:15 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:58 am

I love you man, but I really think you are crazy to think this. It clever'ish and niftily counter-intuitive, but it is a nutso fringe thought.
Why thank-you... :lol: I may steal that and add it to my signature for some levity.

~ Be well!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I thought this might interest the group of us that don't want to just cancel the general election in November, and hand the Trumps a Kim-Jong-Like dynasty:

https://www.law.uci.edu/faculty/full-ti ... Report.pdf

"The idea was to get leaders in law, tech, media, and politics and norms in the same room and think about what it would take not only for a fair election but also one that would enjoy widespread acceptance even in this hyperpolarized era."
calourie

Post by calourie »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:43 am
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:23 am Based on what happened in 2018 and all that's gone down since, i'd say that incumbent GOP types starting with The Con will be taking the biggest electoral hit come November 3rd. We'll see, won't we? :D

Just don't cry when you lose! :lol:
My prediction for what I'll be doing on the Tuesday evening of November 3, 2020: I'll be sipping on my Chlorox cocktail as I watch "Sleepy" Joe clobber Don "the Con" in both the popular vote and electoral college setting up some late night viewing to determine which party controls the Senate. PB's worst nightmare. 8-)
Last edited by calourie on Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Tried to warn the Republicans on the board that stifling mail in ballots with a virus running around that's clearly not good for the elderly...... would royally F Republican interests.....

Like that's a tough call. What happens when even just 10% of the elderly Republican base is too scared to go out and vote?

As the Republican Party seeks to defend its last holdings in America’s suburbs in the House — and defend its Senate majority via the slate of swing-state seats up in this season’s more “blue wave-conducive” Senate cycle — some Republicans, including President Trump himself, are hostile to enacting electoral reforms to enable “remote” voting, believing erroneously, that such systems electorally benefit Democrats.

They don't listen. Oh well. Good luck in November.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

calourie wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:24 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:23 am Based on what happened in 2018 and all that's gone down since, i'd say that incumbent GOP types starting with The Con will be taking the biggest electoral hit come November 3rd. We'll see, won't we? :D

My prediction for I'll be doing on the Tuesday evening of November 3, 2020: I'll be sipping on my Chlorox cocktail as I watch "Sleepy" Joe clobber Don "the Con" in both the popular vote and electoral college setting up some late night viewing to determine which party controls the Senate. PB's worst nightmare. 8-)

If you're like most Dems, you won't be 'sipping Clorox'' you'll be sipping Chardonnay next to a poodle in a sweater.

:lol:
calourie

Post by calourie »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:48 pm

My prediction for I'll be doing on the Tuesday evening of November 3, 2020: I'll be sipping on my Chlorox cocktail as I watch "Sleepy" Joe clobber Don "the Con" in both the popular vote and electoral college setting up some late night viewing to determine which party controls the Senate. PB's worst nightmare. 8-)

If you're like most Dems, you won't be 'sipping Clorox'' you'll be sipping Chardonnay next to a poodle in a sweater.

Can't drink alcohol cause my liver is shot, so I guess I'll just have to stick with what I call my "Trump Special". Gives the gut a real tingly feel. :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

calourie wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:22 pm

Can't drink alcohol cause my liver is shot, so I guess I'll just have to stick with what I call my "Trump Special". Gives the gut a real tingly feel. :roll:

Much more importantly, can you survive a Trump second term? I can certainly survive a Democratic term, whoever it might be. I'm just not so sure about some of the Dems on this board...they seem close to the edge. :lol:
calourie

Post by calourie »

Managed to make it through the first four years without indulging in the oft considered suicide through disembowlment, so I guess I can manage another four if the electoral college majority are feckless enough to think four more years of utterly self absorbed leadership is what they want . :mrgreen:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Fairly big news!!!! And excellent news for Democrats!

Judge Dismisses Sexual Assault Allegations Against Biden On Account That He Is Not a Republican

https://babylonbee.com/news/judge-dismi ... ign=buffer

:lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:57 pm Fairly big news!!!! And excellent news for Democrats!

Judge Dismisses Sexual Assault Allegations Against Biden On Account That He Is Not a Republican

https://babylonbee.com/news/judge-dismi ... ign=buffer

:lol: :lol:
If Joes nose was a little bigger he would be a dead ringer for Mr Magoo. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

I'll have a B & B. Bourbon & Bleach.
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

I'll have a B & B. Bourbon & Bleach. With my Labs.
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Joe Biden one ups covefe with “economic intercourse” :cry:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_iHdTonibP ... lzrwxgsajz
~Livy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:21 pm Joe Biden one ups covefe with “economic intercourse” :cry:

Unfiltered Politics writes: "Just one question: What the heck is economic intercourse? If you know what #SleepyJoe meant, please comment below.:

Let's look it up!

in·ter·course
/ˈin(t)ərˌkôrs/

noun
communication or dealings between individuals or groups.
"everyday social intercourse"

Not knowing simple English terms is par for the course in Trump-ruled Republicanism. Republicans should be immensely familiar with golf terms by now, yes?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

this is the banned youtube video from the California doctors.   Scroll forward, in the video, to 5 minutes, to miss the intro stuff.......the data starts than. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVf1Ofv_5yA  
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:21 pm Joe Biden one ups covefe with “economic intercourse” :cry:

drip drip drip...yet another witness to Tara Reade's complaints! On CNN no less! :lol: You know he's toast when CNN jumps on the story. Also, yet another Democrat witness...this isn't the flamo lefty Ford dreaming up fairy tales about a dreaded Republican SCOTUS appointment!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics ... index.html

What will Joe do? is it a moral claim to say you'll vote for the lesser of two 'rapists'?

Will MD now pull the lever for Justin Amash, a 'principled' conservative (who is actually angling for a CNN gig but that's a story for another day! right now, we are talking principled conservatism!!)? :lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

yawn...no one cares about morals anymore...Chump changed all that and it's gone for good, thanks to all the "principled conservatives" out there, whose real stripes have been on display now for several years. The only ones being fooled by these fools is, well, THEMSELVES! :lol: :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”