LaxEveryDay

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by LaxEveryDay »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:55 pm
LaxEveryDay wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:24 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:31 pm
Laxparents wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:09 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:46 pm
LiveLaxLove wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:24 pm :)
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:05 am
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:56 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:46 am
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:38 am
Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:45 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:34 am
Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:33 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:23 am
PlayNice wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:16 am
Fischer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:38 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 pm Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
Oh just wait Get the popcorn
And a bottle of wine to go with that popcorn! I think we might be in for a good show!
It could just be a coincidence that these decommits are happening at the same time as the drama but who knows.
Well Joe was pretty oeeved about the conditions provided at cuse for his team during NCAA there’s a lot unfolding atm I personally think AS wanted Clemson all along but had a lot of pressure to go there
Definitely not the drama I’m referring to. As others have said, get your popcorn ready.
Oh me neitherrrr I’m sitting on a juicy tidbit 😂 I just added that to the conversation
Many people already know, it’s not that juicy 😂
Come on. It’s definitely juicy. 🤣
Anyone familiar would have just assumed regardless. Some kids have a shadow 😂. Would not consider it breaking news
I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing.
Seems that everyone is switching teams these days...in more ways than one.
Not the first time this has happened in our sport. And certainly not the last. As long as it doesn’t cross any Human Resources lines, then it really shouldn’t have much of an impact. And certainly not publicly. It happens.
I don’t think the issue is which “team” someone plays for, love is blind and beautiful. I think the issue is surrounding how a particular party was hired, being faithful to one’s partner, and the hypocrisy for preaching commitment and loyalty, and the rumored incident at the Final Four when attention should have been on the player’s best interests.
Hypocrisy and lack of commitment and loyalty can be applied to this whole situation, can’t it? Seems like a weird witch hunt into someone’s personal life.
There has been no weird witch hunt into someone's personal life. That someone made their personal life public when they got caught. More and more people found out because word spreads about misdoings, especially when it's about such a high level coach. If they don't want other people to talk about their affair, then they shouldn't have had an one in the first place
Ok, so one of the final 4 coach this year, had an affair? or an asst coach? Is this whats going on?
Cuse head coach had an affair with the asst coach. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s why multiple girls have decommitted from there. Especially AS since her father is upset about the facilities issue so this was probably the cherry on top.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Finally someone having the guts instead of the I’m sitting on something juicy comments that’s been going on for three days.

That’s what was hidden from these boards? KT f’d a coach. So what?
Last edited by Relax77 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

LaxEveryDay wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:05 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:55 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 pm Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
And a bottle of wine to go with that popcorn! I think we might be in for a good show!
It could just be a coincidence that these decommits are happening at the same time as the drama but who knows.
Well Joe was pretty oeeved about the conditions provided at cuse for his team during NCAA there’s a lot unfolding atm I personally think AS wanted Clemson all along but had a lot of pressure to go there
Definitely not the drama I’m referring to. As others have said, get your popcorn ready.
Oh me neitherrrr I’m sitting on a juicy tidbit 😂 I just added that to the conversation
Anyone familiar would have just assumed regardless. Some kids have a shadow 😂. Would not consider it breaking news
Not the first time this has happened in our sport. And certainly not the last. As long as it doesn’t cross any Human Resources lines, then it really shouldn’t have much of an impact. And certainly not publicly. It happens.
I don’t think the issue is which “team” someone plays for, love is blind and beautiful. I think the issue is surrounding how a particular party was hired, being faithful to one’s partner, and the hypocrisy for preaching commitment and loyalty, and the rumored incident at the Final Four when attention should have been on the player’s best interests.
Hypocrisy and lack of commitment and loyalty can be applied to this whole situation, can’t it? Seems like a weird witch hunt into someone’s personal life.
There has been no weird witch hunt into someone's personal life. That someone made their personal life public when they got caught. More and more people found out because word spreads about misdoings, especially when it's about such a high level coach. If they don't want other people to talk about their affair, then they shouldn't have had an one in the first place
Ok, so one of the final 4 coach this year, had an affair? or an asst coach? Is this whats going on?
Cuse head coach had an affair with the asst coach. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s why multiple girls have decommitted from there. Especially AS since her father is upset about the facilities issue so this was probably the cherry on top.
Defeliese or Reyfuss (sp) ?
LaxEveryDay

Post by LaxEveryDay »

Laxparents wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:02 pm
I am curious if the response siting “hypocrisy is on both sides” is intended to apply that these student-athletes, past, present and future, are deserving of the fall out from their coaching staffs’ behavior?!
I believe that no players should be subjected to taking any of the fall because of their coaches’ actions. Unfortunately, because the coaches were caught together during their final four trip, it makes me wonder how much of a toll it took on their time commitment to the team and if Cuse lost because of less preparation. There was a large gap of time due to the rain delay that they could have spent preparing more. How much time and effort did the coaches’ put into keeping their relationship a secret and finding time to be together as opposed to working with their team? Yes there are lots of logistics that go into it but it seems unfair to the players of that team (and the head coach’s husband) for the coaches to have an affair together. I feel terrible for all of them as I think that it greatly affects the Cuse team name and the reputation of its players. The coaching staff, minus the uninvolved second asst coach, should be remorseful for their actions but they have shown none so far. The head coach continued to get married to her husband in December even though their affair began around October. She had been in a secret relationship with her new asst coach when she married her partner of 12 years. Since being caught together, the head coach and her husband are divorcing and two coaches are continuing their relationship, now out in the open.

If a coach expects loyalty and respect from her team and the grit to win a national championship, how can the girls buy into that when she can’t even commit to her own marriage?
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

cdb wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:53 pm Some of the comments about NIL on these boards are confusing. Yes, there is a huge amount of money that leagues have promised to pay athletes, and the dust is beginning to settle on which athletes will get it. Perhaps, the WLAX teams will get more scholarships or whatever. But presently schools like Clemson have NIL collectives that solicit money -- usually from alumni or businesses who have relationships with the school. For example there are many care dealerships run by alumni who may present a car to a player as payment for doing various things to promote the dealership. But usually, alumni contribute to a collective who then will use the money to entice players to either transfer in, not transfer out, or to attract recruits to come to the school. This is the new normal for men's football and basketball and some women's basketball. I have not heard that Clemson or any other school is presently using NIL money for women's Lacrosse. That is why I asked for clarification.

I can certainly see all of the football schools going to full scholarships for all the WLAX players because it is a very easy way to spread the meow around to ensure the school stays within the boundaries of Title Nine.

But NIL is different that a school decided to offer scholarships to all of its students or certain students -- Before the recent court cases, schools that practice what is now called the collectives could be punished severely for breaking NCAA rules. Moreover, the governing bodies that oversee lacrosse leagues will have to make decisions about how all of this will happen -- I doubt they could maintain the present limits because they will be challenged in court.

I am ver interested in knowledgeable responses. TIA
NIL can be a cherry on top, but you still need to get great athletes who want to attend your school. By all accounts, Ohio State has the biggest payout from their collective. (they tell all scholarship athletes to expect at least $30k). Needless to say, no one expects the buckeyes to be competing for a national title anytime soon.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

LaxEveryDay wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:28 pm
I am curious if the response siting “hypocrisy is on both sides” is intended to apply that these student-athletes, past, present and future, are deserving of the fall out from their coaching staffs’ behavior?!
I believe that no players should be subjected to taking any of the fall because of their coaches’ actions. Unfortunately, because the coaches were caught together during their final four trip, it makes me wonder how much of a toll it took on their time commitment to the team and if Cuse lost because of less preparation. There was a large gap of time due to the rain delay that they could have spent preparing more. How much time and effort did the coaches’ put into keeping their relationship a secret and finding time to be together as opposed to working with their team? Yes there are lots of logistics that go into it but it seems unfair to the players of that team (and the head coach’s husband) for the coaches to have an affair together. I feel terrible for all of them as I think that it greatly affects the Cuse team name and the reputation of its players. The coaching staff, minus the uninvolved second asst coach, should be remorseful for their actions but they have shown none so far. The head coach continued to get married to her husband in December even though their affair began around October. She had been in a secret relationship with her new asst coach when she married her partner of 12 years. Since being caught together, the head coach and her husband are divorcing and two coaches are continuing their relationship, now out in the open.

If a coach expects loyalty and respect from her team and the grit to win a national championship, how can the girls buy into that when she can’t even commit to her own marriage?
Dear Lord. Is the air thin up there on your pedestal?

Her marriage and commitment to it, or lack thereof, is nobody’s business. I grant you the involvement of the assistant makes the topic very challenging. Particularly if the relationship is between two females. Say what you will, but in 2024 KT is not losing her job for that.
Laxparents

Post by Laxparents »

Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Cuse losing has absolutely nothing to do with their coaches affair. They lost because the other team was better period
The only one I feel bad for in this entire situation is her husband
LaxEveryDay

Post by LaxEveryDay »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:42 pm

Her marriage and commitment to it, or lack thereof, is nobody’s business. I grant you the involvement of the assistant makes the topic very challenging. Particularly if the relationship is between two females. Say what you will, but in 2024 KT is not losing her job for that.
I am unsure as to what pedestal you’re referring to. Can you clarify? I’m concerned about how this will affect the team and the players … yet my ego is too high? God forbid I have some empathy for those affected by their coaches’ inappropriate behavior.

Correct, I doubt she will lose her job for that because it’s not something that the athletic department can act upon unless there is proof that it affected their job performances and/or what their policy is concerning workplace relationships.

The relationship is between two females. The three coaches on the team are all females. I’m curious, what about them being females makes the topic even more challenging?

Her marriage and lack of commitment to it became the business of others when it affected them. Her husband, his friends who need to be there for him, her friends who aren’t happy with her actions, all parties’ families, the Cuse athletic department and their reputation, and most of all the players who have to navigate through staying on a team with two coaches who haven’t put their team and quite frankly their job first.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

You could’ve just posted under your regular name and not start a new one.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:42 pm

To be fair, having a sexual relationship with a subordinate is a firable offense at companies and public institutions unless it was disclosed to HR before hand. Wll SU fire her for this? Probably not. However, they likely will need to take some action to prevent any type of legal action from the assistant coach.
301Hayes

Post by 301Hayes »

For the love of our eyes, can everyone please stop quoting 73 different replies? Just say what you want to say without including all those prior replies.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

301Hayes wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:31 pm For the love of our eyes, can everyone please stop quoting 73 different replies? Just say what you want to say without including all those prior replies.
Thank you! You are a saint.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

It is fireable offense to have an affair with a subordinate. Until that affair involves two women. KT will not be fired for this. Sorry, but it’s the truth. Syracuse doesn’t want to deal with a discrimination lawsuit and that is exactly what would happen if she was fired. Again, not to say I agree with any of this, just calling it for what it is.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Syracuse can absolutely terminate her based on Syracuse policy regarding sexual relationships, employees, and subordinates.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

intheknow247 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:55 pm Syracuse can absolutely terminate her based on Syracuse policy regarding sexual relationships, employees, and subordinates.
I think it’s. They can. But they won’t.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

If all that is alleged here is indeed true..i don't see how KT keeps her job. I haven't heard anything regarding this through the grapevine but maybe some here have better intel. I know people here into program politics and conspiracy theories and think otherwise but any work place relationship, especially in collegiate sports, is a zero tolerance issue. There was a similar case earlier this year in collegiate women's Tennis, where the Auburn head coached was fired for having an affair with a student. The blowback and public pressure on issues like these are immense and i don't recall any coach surviving it, no matter their stature.

Two things to look for as an indication of what might happen next.

1. If more players decide to jump ship
2. If Syracuse's 2026 is an unmitigated disaster

These will lend more credence to the rumors and increase her chances of getting canned.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

intheknow247 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:55 pm Syracuse can absolutely terminate her based on Syracuse policy regarding sexual relationships, employees, and subordinates.
Of course they can. It’s clear as day it’s a violation of university policy. They can absolutely fire her for this. But they won’t.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:08 pm If all that is alleged here is indeed true..i don't see how KT keeps her job. I haven't heard anything regarding this through the grapevine but maybe some here have better intel. I know people here into program politics and conspiracy theories and think otherwise but any work place relationship, especially in collegiate sports, is a zero tolerance issue. There was a similar case earlier this year in collegiate women's Tennis, where the Auburn head coached was fired for having an affair with a student. The blowback and public pressure on issues like these are immense and i don't recall any coach surviving it, no matter their stature.

These will lend more credence to the rumors and increase her chances of getting canned.
I think there's another: will Syracuse ever win at least one other ACC tournament? Pressure's really on now for next season should KT get there.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:47 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:08 pm If all that is alleged here is indeed true..i don't see how KT keeps her job. I haven't heard anything regarding this through the grapevine but maybe some here have better intel. I know people here into program politics and conspiracy theories and think otherwise but any work place relationship, especially in collegiate sports, is a zero tolerance issue. There was a similar case earlier this year in collegiate women's Tennis, where the Auburn head coached was fired for having an affair with a student. The blowback and public pressure on issues like these are immense and i don't recall any coach surviving it, no matter their stature.

I think there's another: will Syracuse ever win at least one other ACC tournament? Pressure's really on now for next season should KT get there.

We’ll see if Spallina’s 2025 Defender leaves. If Peers from Monster leaves it’s a disaster. Who am I am kidding. It’s a disaster already.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”