Hopkins
31%
Virginia
69%

Total votes: 71

youthathletics

Re: QF #3 Hopkins vs #6 Virginia Sunday @2:30

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 pm as long as we're still talking about it, rather than hoping one day lacrosse rulemakers break hallowed ground and allow replay to do all the talking.

we're not too many years away from getting someone to triangulate both creases with 16k cameras on drones at 30 yards vertical for the championships. i'd be up for an enterprising someone to push that thru.
First, I wanna see a flag for coaches on the field and the box being in complete disarray.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:02 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 pm as long as we're still talking about it, rather than hoping one day lacrosse rulemakers break hallowed ground and allow replay to do all the talking.

we're not too many years away from getting someone to triangulate both creases with 16k cameras on drones at 30 yards vertical for the championships. i'd be up for an enterprising someone to push that thru.
First, I wanna see a flag for coaches on the field and the box being in complete disarray.
i don't mind about the box, but coaches shouldn't need to be on the field unless they're calling a timeout. or give them one warning and then tell them it's a charged timeout until deadball and if the other team was on offense/until their team takes possession. and if the other team wants to just restart, they can. they can set these rules anytime they want.

if you think lax is bad, it's a pimple on an elephant compared to hoops. some coaches are on the floor the entire game. and playing d.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:12 pm

i don't mind about the box, but coaches shouldn't need to be on the field unless they're calling a timeout. or give them one warning and then tell them it's a charged timeout until deadball and if the other team was on offense/until their team takes possession. and if the other team wants to just restart, they can. they can set these rules anytime they want.

if you think lax is bad, it's a pimple on an elephant compared to hoops. some coaches are on the floor the entire game. and playing d.
😂😂. I coached hoops for awhile. Been there 😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Hurley is often on the court. He’s a great coach. Players love the system. Next year’s roster is his most talented. I was with Spencer and Diarra a couple of weeks ago.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:13 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:39 pm
norcalhop wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:13 pm
Hoxwurth wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:07 pm
coda wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:52 am I was in the game thread and said I think he is in the crease, but I am not sure there is enough evidence to over-turn it. This play was not like the Duke goal .

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstate/2023 ... jones.html

you can see there is no doubt that Duke guy was on the crease. Millon was debate about was his foot touching the crease. I think it the tip of his shoe touched the line, but pretty sure most rational people would say that it was a really tough call.
As others are noting, this Millon crease review is nothing like the Duke one from 2023 where the player's toe was across the entire crease line.

It's certainly possible that Millon's toe was barely in the crease, but replay isn't intended to be perfect, it's intended to fix blatant mistakes. For example, the Maryland fans are right that the tying goal UVA scored in the tournament went off the crossbar and never hit the net. The complaining here about such a close call is absurd--whatever was called on the field was always going to stand.
When the announcer literally says it's going to be overturned, yes it is controversial.
NO WAY!! You mean the guy on his knees for alma mater says it would be overturned, and the other guy said it wouldn't? WOW THAT'S COMPELLING!!!

You're a clown. Quint is known as the biggest anti-Hopkins homer out there since they parted ways with his teammate Petro. He called the first Hopkins man-up a bad call when it was Collison was on the ground getting rode on by a UVa player. Other commentators cited on podcasts with no Hopkins ties in above posts agreed as well with the crease call being reversed.

I still don't know why you're even on this forum. You've been lambasted repeatedly by UVa fans for your ridiculous comments against UVa players, let alone other teams.
No you're a clown. For every podcaster you drop, I can name one the other way. What about this don't you understand? Obviously there's reasonable doubt either way, get a clue. For you to come on here and definitively say he was in the crease.."well, that's like...your opinion, man"...
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:07 pm
coda wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:52 am I was in the game thread and said I think he is in the crease, but I am not sure there is enough evidence to over-turn it. This play was not like the Duke goal .

you can see there is no doubt that Duke guy was on the crease. Millon was debate about was his foot touching the crease. I think it the tip of his shoe touched the line, but pretty sure most rational people would say that it was a really tough call.
As others are noting, this Millon crease review is nothing like the Duke one from 2023 where the player's toe was across the entire crease line.

It's certainly possible that Millon's toe was barely in the crease, but replay isn't intended to be perfect, it's intended to fix blatant mistakes. For example, the Maryland fans are right that the tying goal UVA scored in the tournament went off the crossbar and never hit the net. The complaining here about such a close call is absurd--whatever was called on the field was always going to stand.
When the announcer literally says it's going to be overturned, yes it is controversial.
NO WAY!! You mean the guy on his knees for alma mater says it would be overturned, and the other guy said it wouldn't? WOW THAT'S COMPELLING!!!

You're a clown. Quint is known as the biggest anti-Hopkins homer out there since they parted ways with his teammate Petro. He called the first Hopkins man-up a bad call when it was Collison was on the ground getting rode on by a UVa player. Other commentators cited on podcasts with no Hopkins ties in above posts agreed as well with the crease call being reversed.

I still don't know why you're even on this forum. You've been lambasted repeatedly by UVa fans for your ridiculous comments against UVa players, let alone other teams.
No you're a clown. For every podcaster you drop, I can name one the other way. What about this don't you understand? Obviously there's reasonable doubt either way, get a clue. For you to come on here and definitively say he was in the crease.."well, that's like...your opinion, man"...
Where did I say it was definitely in the crease? I merely cited why it was a controversial call. You suck at reading comprehension in addition to many many many other things. Get a clue, when UVa fans and other fans dislike you, time to open the exit door.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:10 pm

Where did I say it was definitely in the crease? I merely cited why it was a controversial call. You suck at reading comprehension in addition to many many many other things. Get a clue, when UVa fans and other fans dislike you, time to open the exit door.
Don't let your feelings get in the way, egghead. We're here to talk lacrosse, this isn't a popularity contest.
Last edited by Hooz123 on Thu May 23, 2024 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:17 pm

Don't let your feelings get in the way, egghead. We're here to talk lacrosse, this isn't a popularity contest.
Compared to you, everyone is an egghead with a bigger brain.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:17 pm

Let's not lose sight of what's really important here....Hopkins hasn't been to championship weekend in 10 years. :lol:
Last edited by Hooz123 on Thu May 23, 2024 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

podcaster kerfuffle...
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:18 pm

Let's not lose sight of what's really important here....Hopkins hasn't been to championship weekend in 10 years. :lol:
2-24 record vs Duke. Amazing. Truly. Also 2015 is less than 10 years so I guess math isn't your forte either.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:23 pm

Hurley is often on the court. He’s a great coach. Players love the system. Next year’s roster is his most talented. I was with Spencer and Diarra a couple of weeks ago.
No one pushes the limit more than Calipari and Self. They are practically at the 3-Point Line.

Joe
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:23 pm

2-24 record vs Duke. Amazing. Truly. Also 2015 is less than 10 years so I guess math isn't your forte either.
I'd happily lose 100 regular season games to Duke than be clinging to modern relevancy as a distant relic of lacrosse past like Hopkins.

Speaking of stats, UVa has won 6 national championships in the last 25 years... Hopkins is approaching 20 years since their last title, so that's cool. lol
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:38 pm

I'd happily lose 100 regular season games to Duke than be clinging to modern relevancy as a distant relic of lacrosse past like Hopkins.

Speaking of stats, UVa has won 6 national championships in the last 25 years... Hopkins is approaching 20 years since their last title, so that's cool. lol
clinging to modern relevancy? After winning the Big 10 regular season conference twice in a row and getting to the Quarter Finals twice in a row?

What on earth are you talking about?
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:41 pm

clinging to modern relevancy? After winning the Big 10 regular season conference twice in a row and getting to the Quarter Finals twice in a row?

LOL this is so poetic. A hopkins fan coping with his "quarter final" appearance as relevant. lol my oh my have you fallen off a freaking cliff. Can you even imagine this 20 years ago?

Great recruiting pitch - "Come to Hopkins, we play for QFs ever year, that's Hopkins bro" ...well, if you have an entire team of covid seniors..
Last edited by Hooz123 on Thu May 23, 2024 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:43 pm

LOL this is so poetic. A hopkins fan coping with his "quarter final" appearance as relevant. lol my oh my have you fallen off a freaking cliff. Can you even imagine this 20 years ago?
:lol: You've earned even more "fans" with this post.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:44 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:43 pm

:lol: You've earned even more "fans" with this post.
Real talk, nearly 90% of my posts are TIC. Just kidding around and actin a fool.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Having said that, Hopkins is a shell of its former self and this is probably their ceiling for the foreseeable future. so ha ha. Your glory days are O-VA if that wasn't already clear the last 18 FREAKING YEARS. LOL

You should offer Q and Petro dual HC jobs. Your only hope. Q is probably the most appealing thing about your program now, sort of sad.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:50 pm Having said that, Hopkins is a shell of its former self and this is probably their ceiling for the foreseeable future. so ha ha. Your glory days are O-VA if that wasn't already clear the last 18 FREAKING YEARS. LOL

You should offer Q and Petro dual HC jobs. Your only hope. Q is probably the most appealing thing about your program now, sort of sad.
Keep editing bud. Hole needs to be dug deeper.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:53 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:50 pm Having said that, Hopkins is a shell of its former self and this is probably their ceiling for the foreseeable future. so ha ha. Your glory days are O-VA if that wasn't already clear the last 18 FREAKING YEARS. LOL

Keep editing bud. Hole needs to be dug deeper.
The only hole here is Hopkins in 2025. Good luck winning 8 games.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”