Post by wgdsr »

lorin wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:12 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:49 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:43 am
lorin wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:34 am
NeOhLaxFan wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:29 am How many ranked opponents did Yale face compared to , Duke, UVA and ND? What was the SOS and RPI of those programs? No offense to the Ivy League, but this wasn’t a good year from top to bottom. Plus Yales OOC schedule frankly sucked compared to the ACC schools. Just my .02
Bottom line it’s not hard to win games against Acc teams, and you don’t lose any ground in RPI if you lose to ACC team, UNC please Cuse had 4 hard OOC games lost 3 of them, Virginia lost 4 in a row still gets home game, no other rank team in any other conference can lose 4 in a row and get a home game, if I am a coach I would kill to be the six team in ACC you win 2 semi hard OOC games and win 2 ACC games you will make the dance.
acc doesn't take associate members.
Because conference and university leadership is so awesome there that they’d never do anything different and there such a massive distinction with what they do with ND in football.

Doesn’t isn’t the same as hasn’t historically obviously.
a 6 team acc is something plenty of people other than those that actually make decisions bring up.
there is no real legitimate reasoning for it on a plus minus scale.

and nd playing half a season to draw revenue and then being in for all other sports, vs "getting a non-necessary aq" for lax is about as big a distinction as you can have.
Notre dame gives them more than revenue that would be a very narrow and incomplete presentation of the benefits to the conference. “All in” - until the wind blows a different direction.

Point being you claim never and that’s just silly. I know for a fact that there’s been serious close discussion for non full members in non revenue sports from as good a source (primary) as you’d get. The idea that they have any conversation and treat it as non necessary AQ is interesting. Assumes fixed rules for playoff participation too and I know they don’t view it that way and expect changes. Suis time wasted and a lot of administrative nonsense-yes. They don’t do that on the record much though which has happened. The extreme confidence of your position-Doc like and we know that’s riskless theater. So good luck.
dude, the guy was on here trolling and i light- jabbed him back for it. what are you even talking about?
Trolling confused, what are you doing?
hey, iorin.
Comeonman

Re: Tewaaraton Award 2024

Post by Comeonman »

Another sub 50% performance from your Tewaaraton finalist goalie. That’s five on the year.
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

Make that six.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Carc described a few of his saves yesterday as "absolute perfection," so let's ignore the stats.
Finster

Post by Finster »

FannOLax wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:46 am Carc described a few of his saves yesterday as "absolute perfection," so let's ignore the stats.

Not one finalist is doing what they need to do to win this award. Bottom line. Entenmann didn’t look that great yesterday.

If any Kavanaugh deserves it at this stage, it’s Chris not Pat.

I’m starting to think the committee will give it to a player on the winning championship team, regardless of statistics.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Finster wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:43 am
FannOLax wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:46 am Carc described a few of his saves yesterday as "absolute perfection," so let's ignore the stats.

Not one finalist is doing what they need to do to win this award. Bottom line. Entenmann didn’t look that great yesterday.

I’m starting to think the committee will give it to a player on the winning championship team, regardless of statistics.
FWIW, I agree with your analysis. At this point, I think that there are three candidates realistically in the race. While I think O'Neill and Brandau are truly great players and future HOF members, they're simply too far away from the championship.
Finster

Post by Finster »

faircornell wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:27 am

FWIW, I agree with your analysis. At this point, I think that there are three candidates realistically in the race. While I think O'Neill and Brandau are truly great players and future HOF members, they're simply too far away from the championship.

And as much as I still think Shellenberger is the best player in D1 lacrosse today, if Hopkins takes out UVA today, then scratch one more name off the list I guess. Leaving, Entenmann and Pat Kavanaugh?
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Finster wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 am

And as much as I still think Shellenberger is the best player in D1 lacrosse today, if Hopkins takes out UVA today, then scratch one more name off the list I guess. Leaving, Entenmann and Pat Kavanaugh?
Three man race of Shelley, PKav, and Entenmann -- and right now Entenmann and PKav have the inside track since they're into the Final Four. Feels like the Tewey folks itching to give it to Entenmann but somebody will need to challenge Notre Dame along the way so that Entenmann can have a standout performance that is also a key to victory. If I were a gambler I'd put a little flutter (as the Brits say) on Liam.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

IMO, this discussion pretty much show how flawed the Tewaaraton is. I think the NHL should be a guide. Give an award to the best player in lacrosse for what happens during the regular season and don't penalize great players for being on teams that are not as good or deep as others. Then give a Conn Smythe type award for the best player in the tournament. To give the player of the year award to "someone" on ND just makes no sense to me. If ND wins the title, I don't see how P Kavanaugh doesn't win it. But I've seen ND twice in person this year and other times on TV and he's not a better player than 4-5 other guys. Maybe he steps up and has a great weekend next week to solidify it.

Right now, the best player in the tournament is Wierman. Hands down (no pun intended). And the best player for ND yesterday was Lynch (although he had it easy against Georgetown's back up who was completely overmatched).
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Pat probably wins it because ND likely repeats.

Shellenberger has been the best player in the college game for the last 2 seasons. IMO, it's not even close, and I'm totally flummoxed that people think otherwise. Elite athleticism. Lethal with his right and left. Can shoot. Can dodge. Amazing vision. Makes every player around him better.

Wouldn't be giving up the ball on the last possession unless it was for a dunk at the crease.

Leading scorer in UVA history. 2 natties.
coda

Post by coda »

The Orfling wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:40 am
Finster wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 am

Three man race of Shelley, PKav, and Entenmann -- and right now Entenmann and PKav have the inside track since they're into the Final Four. Feels like the Tewey folks itching to give it to Entenmann but somebody will need to challenge Notre Dame along the way so that Entenmann can have a standout performance that is also a key to victory. If I were a gambler I'd put a little flutter (as the Brits say) on Liam.
I don’t think Entrnmann deserves to be in the discussion, but it seems pretty clear the media wants him involved.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

coda wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:59 am
I don’t think Entrnmann deserves to be in the discussion, but it seems pretty clear the media wants him involved.
Interestingly, the only unanimous 1st Media All-American isn't a finalist.

But a "first goalie" to win the award is a good angle. Sorta like when Megan Taylor won it on the women's side a few years ago.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:58 am Pat probably wins it because ND likely repeats.

Shellenberger has been the best player in the college game for the last 2 seasons. IMO, it's not even close, and I'm totally flummoxed that people think otherwise. Elite athleticism. Lethal with his right and left. Can shoot. Can dodge. Amazing vision. Makes every player around him better.

Wouldn't be giving up the ball on the last possession unless it was for a dunk at the crease.

Leading scorer in UVA history. 2 natties.

Agreed about Shellenberger. Best player, full stop.
coda

Post by coda »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:06 am
coda wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:59 am
Interestingly, the only unanimous 1st Media All-American isn't a finalist.

But a "first goalie" to win the award is a good angle. Sorta like when Megan Taylor won it on the women's side a few years ago.
He was really good, but I didn’t see him separate. He had a great ACC tournament and that got the hype going. He has been 40% and 44% in the tournament. He has been below 50% in over a 3rd of his games. Nothing screaming he should be the 1st goalie to win.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Unfortunate one of either Kav or Shelly will not win. Been fantastic to watch them the past four years. Both highly deserving. Shell has more assists, but, Kav has same goals on much fewer shots, much more GB, and, so hard to quantify fairly the emotional lift he brings to ND.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Granted I have not been paying attention but they named 5 "finalists". What can this mean if votes have not yet been cast? That no one other than these 5 can win or is eligible to receive votes? If so that would inevitably skew the voting. Who says these are the 5?

In Heisman voting it seems that they name "finalists' and invite them to NYC. If I am not wrong this is post vote. So "finalists" is a misnomer. The winner is known. They are the top vote getters and are used to hype the event. Exploitation plain and simple.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Evidently "incredible" is now a synonym for "good". I haven't heard so many superlatives since TFG left office.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Shelley preserves his chances.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Now THAT was a Tewey moment. Atta boy, Shelly
coda

Post by coda »

Finster wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:39 pm Shelley preserves his chances.
Solid game, but Wayer the best player for Virginia today. Tip the cap to the 2nd goalie

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”