**********The MIAA "A" Conference 2022**************

HS Boys Lacrosse
Turnandrake

Re: **********The MIAA "A" Conference 2022**************

Post by Turnandrake »

masondixonlax wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:33 pm
KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:29 pm Spalding draws the vast majority of it's students from Anne Arundel County, so that is the community it represents. It is considered by most as an Annapolis school - assumingly for that reason. By the way, the school address 8080 New Cut Road, Severn, MD.
^^^ a bunch of my neighbors went to spading (in Annapolis). Definitely thought of as more of an Annapolis school

If that’s the one point you’re focusing on then you’re missing the main point I as trying to make
Spalding is NOT a Annapolis school closer to Glen Burnie than anything.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

To me, there is Baltimore and there is Annapolis. They are THE 2 cities/towns in the metropolitan area. Most people identify with one or the other, but just my opinion. A rivalry between the two areas is healthy! There are students at the middle school where I teach that are going to St. Mary's, Spalding, and even one youngster is headed to McDonogh next year. We have had a great time busting on each other this lax season. Again, I believe it is more about where you draw your students from. Annapolis Area Christian School moved its high school campus from Bestgate Road to Burns Crossing Road...in Severn - 4 miles from Spalding. Is Annapolis Area still an Annapolis school?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Any score predictions for Friday evening? I can’t pick a winner, but I say it will be a 12-11 OT thriller!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:57 pm To me, there is Baltimore and there is Annapolis. They are THE 2 cities/towns in the metropolitan area. Most people identify with one or the other, but just my opinion. A rivalry between the two areas is healthy! There are students at the middle school where I teach that are going to St. Mary's, Spalding, and even one youngster is headed to McDonogh next year. We have had a great time busting on each other this lax season. Again, I believe it is more about where you draw your students from. Annapolis Area Christian School moved its high school campus from Bestgate Road to Burns Crossing Road...in Severn - 4 miles from Spalding. Is Annapolis Area still an Annapolis school?
Stevenson Road adjacent to $palding is a Glen Burnie zipcode. Stop with the Annapolis nonsense. It’s not in Annapolis. Sorry.
Terps22

Post by Terps22 »

What was up with Loyola and Gilman this Spring, both programs really seemed to have struggled this year. The Dons only managed to have 6 Ws this season, when was the last time that happened? Gilman drops its final 5 games of the season under a new head coach were the Hounds a super young squad?

On a different note, really impressed with St. Pauls over the course of this Spring. They don't graduate too much and could be a dark horse next Spring in the league.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Random thought. But wow, "A" Conference coaching staffs sure are a lot bigger than they were years ago! Does anyone remember back to the days where it wasn't uncommon at all for a coaching staff to have just two guys?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Terps22 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:48 pm What was up with Loyola and Gilman this Spring, both programs really seemed to have struggled this year. The Dons only managed to have 6 Ws this season, when was the last time that happened? Gilman drops its final 5 games of the season under a new head coach were the Hounds a super young squad?

On a different note, really impressed with St. Pauls over the course of this Spring. They don't graduate too much and could be a dark horse next Spring in the league.
Yes, and pipeline is not yet full at Gilman. So, multiple years away, most likely. Gonna take some time to rebuild the program back to championship contention, especially with what some of the other schools are doing.

That said, I expect the rebuild to happen eventually.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

My top 3 coming into this season:
1. McDonogh
2. Spalding
3. St. Mary's
Flip the 2 Annapolis teams and I would have nailed it.
I have the Eagles taking the trophy home with them tomorrow night.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:43 pm
Terps22 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:48 pm What was up with Loyola and Gilman this Spring, both programs really seemed to have struggled this year. The Dons only managed to have 6 Ws this season, when was the last time that happened? Gilman drops its final 5 games of the season under a new head coach were the Hounds a super young squad?

Yes, and pipeline is not yet full at Gilman. So, multiple years away, most likely. Gonna take some time to rebuild the program back to championship contention, especially with what some of the other schools are doing.

I think part of the reason for Gilman's issues is that they have had three different head coaches in the past four years. Hard to get a good flow going when that is the case.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:35 pm Flip the 2 Annapolis teams and I would have nailed it.
Annapolis...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

I am with you. The Annapolis team and the northern MD team
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:35 pm My top 3 coming into this season:
1. McDonogh
2. Spalding
3. St. Mary's
Flip the 2 Annapolis teams and I would have nailed it.
I have the Eagles taking the trophy home with them tomorrow night.
In a close game?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:43 pm

I think part of the reason for Gilman's issues is that they have had three different head coaches in the past four years. Hard to get a good flow going when that is the case.
yes, fingers crossed that this coach will rebuild the pipeline, pulling that couple extra players per year that hadn't had any Gilman legacy background, plus reassure the legacy folks that Gilman's coming back...that's a middle school decision and 9th grade decision, only one or two later transfers...but do need the buzz to be that Gilman's coming back into the hunt.

I have a hunch he will be successful in doing so.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Will St. Mary's-McDonogh be an epic, one-goal game?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

St Mary's poles have really good ball skills on a change of possession. That might be the difference tonight.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
ObxTerpFan

Post by ObxTerpFan »

Blowout.
Not Saints night at all.
The better team won
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Brendan Million is a freshman.... that is scary.

I was always confused earlier this season when McD was putting up 4-5 goal games with such offensive talent. Nice to see it came together in the end
Terps22

Post by Terps22 »

Congrats to the McDonogh Eagles on winning the MIAA Championship last night.

I know Millon & Co get a ton of attention but McDonogh's close defensive play was phenomenal last night.

When was the last time a 5th seed heading into the playoffs won the title?

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”