Rutgers 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse

Re: Rutgers 2021

Post by 1766 »

How did a Rutgers thread turn into one about Hobart of all schools? Outside of 3 people, no on cares about Hobart.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:52 pm By the way Schoefield plays for Blue Star a solid club we’ve had some decent success with including graduate Chris Aslanian who’s held up pretty well professionally and current D man who was 1st team All NEC as a FR named Michael Christiansen. Have a few other blue star kids on roster including Matt Turner and a kid who flipped from D3 late named Michael Cardinali. Two coming in 22 in Schoefield and a kid named Tim Murray who was at Hun think ended up going to a NE prep school last spring but can’t find anything on.
Rovere flipped to High Point this week. Schofield is really good - he's strong and really quick. My kid plays in the Blue Star program (he's younger than Seamus), and Schofield is basically killing it not only against the high school teams he plays, but also against good travel programs. He's a stud. Apparently he didn't want to play anywhere but Hobart.

Note that same South Jersey league has put out some very strong faceoff kids recently. Connor Gaffney at Lehigh (HM AA, set Patriot league records for faceoffs, etc.); Zach Cole from St Joes (AA and in 2021 was listed on the Tewaraaton watch list), Mitch Rothstein at Cornell (hasn't had much of a college career thanks to Ivys and Covid, but he was a 2 time HS all american), etc. Got to see them all play. Honestly? Seamus is as good as they ever were in high school. Does it mean he'll have the same success as Gaffney or Cole in college? Of course not. But he's really good.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

1766, Good question, lol.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PulpExposure wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:42 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:52 pm By the way Schoefield plays for Blue Star a solid club we’ve had some decent success with including graduate Chris Aslanian who’s held up pretty well professionally and current D man who was 1st team All NEC as a FR named Michael Christiansen. Have a few other blue star kids on roster including Matt Turner and a kid who flipped from D3 late named Michael Cardinali. Two coming in 22 in Schoefield and a kid named Tim Murray who was at Hun think ended up going to a NE prep school last spring but can’t find anything on.
Rovere flipped to High Point this week. Schofield is really good - he's strong and really quick. My kid plays in the Blue Star program (he's younger than Seamus), and Schofield is basically killing it not only against the high school teams he plays, but also against good travel programs. He's a stud. Apparently he didn't want to play anywhere but Hobart.

Note that same South Jersey league has put out some very strong faceoff kids recently. Connor Gaffney at Lehigh (HM AA, set Patriot league records for faceoffs, etc.); Zach Cole from St Joes (AA and in 2021 was listed on the Tewaraaton watch list), Mitch Rothstein at Cornell (hasn't had much of a college career thanks to Ivys and Covid, but he was a 2 time HS all american), etc. Got to see them all play. Honestly? Seamus is as good as they ever were in high school. Does it mean he'll have the same success as Gaffney or Cole in college? Of course not. But he's really good.
Thanks that’s great to hear. I know about Rovere. Apparently it was major driven but still a bummer. Still got 3-4 jersey kids in that class. Not calling it a trade but we just got a section 4 NY Junior AA commit, first ever Junior from section 4 which includes Corning schools.

Also I was wrong in Chris A, he played for one of the Bluestar coaches but not for blue star. Still we love Michael Christiansen and have high hopes for Matt Turner.

Keep in mind Raymond has some ties from his assistant days at Princeton to NJ.

As for Schoefield, I hope he’s as good as this unknown south Jersey Hobart alum: https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... f-the-week
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RURICK wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:46 pm 1766, Good question, lol.
To drown out nonsense from fools
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”