All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Brooklyn

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:18 am Trump should volunteer to be the first patient stuck. :lol: :lol:

it's happened already ...

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:03 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:33 am Remarks by President Trump After Marine One Arrival
SECRETARY AZAR: Well, we just had an incredible visit up at NIH at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease that Dr. Fauci leads. And the President got to hear from the actual bench scientists who, within three days — within three days — developed a potential vaccine for the novel coronavirus.

And they reported some really important news to the President that, yesterday, the Food and Drug Administration authorized the entry of that vaccine into phase one safety clinical trials.

Dr. Fauci?
So the vaccine is entering phase one
DR. FAUCI: And now, as I said, we’re going to go into a phase one trial in about three months from that day — well, we’re probably, you know, a month or so — I mean, I don’t want to over promise. I said a month and a half the other day; it may be about a month or so. And then very soon, we’ll be sticking the first person with the vaccine.
So the vaccine is entering phase one soon.... :roll:
Fauci is playing with fire allowing himself to be bullied into short circuiting the safety trials, unless this vaccine is based on a vaccine that already has a significant history. If that's the case, then likely the effectiveness will be questionable. Just what we need a vaccine where victory is declared not real. Fauci is in politician mode. :roll:
Felt to me like Fauci kept speaking up to tell the truth, as did the pharma folks. The problem was that Trump and Azar et al kept repeating back what they said (truthfully) as if they'd said something quite different, confusing when they would be able to do phase 1 testing, (much less phase 2 and 3) with actual availability to the public.

Now, maybe, Fauci should have pounded his fist on the table and said "No, you stupid numbskull, the vaccine simply CANNOT be available for close to a year at best, perhaps longer." But short of fist pounding, not sure what more they could do in front of the cameras.
No question Fauci was being coerced - that should have been obvious to all. He has time. I am hoping he is delaying a profile in courage moment, but I am not holding my breath. You do understand, this is the vaccine, regardless of safety, regardless of effectiveness. This is Trump's plan. He thinks he can sell anything, it doesn't have to work.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:18 am Trump should volunteer to be the first patient stuck. :lol: :lol:
Did you notice yesterday he asked if it was going to hurt? Such a macho man.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Pence just announced the 10th death. Why he is doing this is beyond me.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:33 pm Pence just announced the 10th death. Why he is doing this is beyond me.
and they embargoed video and audio from today's meeting but encouraged media to "take notes"

Beyond stupid.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:29 pm From CDC website.

60 cases = 6 Deaths

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
On This Page
COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance
COVID-19 Cases in the United States Reported to CDC
States Reporting Cases of COVID-19 to CDC
Cases among Persons Repatriated to the United States
Updated March 3, 2020

This page will be updated regularly at noon Mondays through Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting.

CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The outbreak first started in Wuhan, China, but cases have been identified in a growing number of other locations internationally, including the United States.

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
Total cases: 60
Total deaths: 6
States reporting cases: 12

* These data represent cases detected and tested in the United States through U.S. public health surveillance systems since January 21, 2020. This includes both confirmed and presumptive positive cases reported to CDC. It does not include people who returned to the U.S. via State Department-chartered flights.

One more day of reporting = 20 new cases and 3 more deaths.

If this keeps up the r's will demand more tax cuts and negative interest rates!!!

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
On This Page
COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance
COVID-19 Cases in the United States Reported to CDC
Cases among Persons Repatriated to the United States
Updated March 4, 2020

This page will be updated regularly at noon Mondays through Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting.

CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The outbreak first started in Wuhan, China, but cases have been identified in a growing number of other locations internationally, including the United States.

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
Total cases: 80
Total deaths: 9
States reporting cases: 13
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Clown show continues - Mnuchin told a Congressional committee today

"Mr. Mnuchin said that he believed it was safe for most Americans to travel.

“I’d be very comfortable getting on a commercial plane today if I were personally traveling,” he told reporters before the hearing."

Too bad this meathead never flies commercial!

He also uttered the following incredible statement

"He said he had not seen major disruptions to global supply chains but that he expected some industries, such as travel, to face headwinds."

We now have proof of life, not necessarily intelligent, on other worlds as Mr. Mnuchin isn't apparently on earth with this view of things.

Send in the clowns.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:02 pm Clown show continues - Mnuchin told a Congressional committee today

“I’d be very comfortable getting on a commercial plane today if I were personally traveling,” he told reporters before the hearing."

"He said he had not seen major disruptions to global supply chains but that he expected some industries, such as travel, to face headwinds."

We now have proof of life, not necessarily intelligent, on other worlds as Mr. Mnuchin isn't apparently on earth with this view of things.

Send in the clowns.
Is he this stupid or just toeing the Party line?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:02 pm Clown show continues - Mnuchin told a Congressional committee today

Send in the clowns.
Is he this stupid or just toeing the Party line?
He's THAT stupid. :lol: :lol:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

VP Pence is pleased to announce 2500 testing kits are finally in the mail to labs and universities. Each kit should allow a lab to run about 500 tests. That would work out to 1.25 million tests. The U.S. has an estimated population of 331 million people.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 pm VP Pence is pleased to announce 2500 testing kits are finally in the mail to labs and universities. Each kit should allow a lab to run about 500 tests. That would work out to 1.25 million tests. The U.S. has an estimated population of 331 million people.
Uh
So the government is going to limit production and distribution to 2500 kits. :o here's your sign... :lol:
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Virus seemed distant until today. Now I'm getting text after text from friends from Seattle to NYC saying, Virus found in my building, Virus found in my kid's school, virus etc.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Read this and weep

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-c ... d_nn_tw_ma

"Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up. "We just could not generate much interest," a researcher said of the difficulty in getting funding for human trials of the vaccine.

For weeks, Hotez has been reaching out to pharmaceutical companies and federal scientific agencies — and even the Medical Research Council in the United Kingdom — asking them to provide the roughly $3 million needed to begin testing the vaccine's safety in humans, but so far none have done so.

"We've had some conversations with big pharma companies in recent weeks about our vaccine, and literally one said, 'Well, we're holding back to see if this thing comes back year after year,'" Hotez said.

He said he hopes the seriousness of the outbreak leads to reforms in how the federal government funds vaccine development, although he notes that he called for similar changes after the SARS and Ebola outbreaks. He said he's particularly worried about the toll the coronavirus will take on elderly nursing home residents and health care workers. But when he talks to Congress on Thursday, Hotez said, he's also going to make an economic argument.

"Because nobody would invest a few million dollars into these SARS vaccines, we're looking at, I don't know what the number is, $10 billion, $100 billion in economic losses," Hotez said. "The stakes are so high, and the amount of money you're talking about to fund this research is so modest."
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From my Twitter feed this morning:
Aaron Rupar @atrupar
8h

Trump to Hannity on WHO saying coronavirus death rate is 3.4%: "I think the 3.4% number is really a false number. Now this is just my hunch, but based on a lot of conversations ... personally, I'd say the number is way under 1%."

Astoundingly irresponsible.
In this clip, Trump:
1. Denies WHO's coronavirus death rate based on “hunch"
2. Calls coronavirus "corona flu"
3. Suggests it's fine for people w/ Covid-19 to go to work
4. Compares coronavirus to "the regular flu," indicating he doesn't get the difference

Tweet and Video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1235411751950221312

Not exactly reassuring to hear...
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Cruise ships—don’t do it.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:07 am From my Twitter feed this morning:
Aaron Rupar @atrupar
8h

Trump to Hannity on WHO saying coronavirus death rate is 3.4%: "I think the 3.4% number is really a false number. Now this is just my hunch, but based on a lot of conversations ... personally, I'd say the number is way under 1%."

In this clip, Trump:
4. Compares coronavirus to "the regular flu," indicating he doesn't get the difference

Tweet and Video:

Prima facie evidence that DOPUS has NO EFFING CLUE as to how to deal with a public health crisis and he demonstrates it every EFFING day.
He is digging his own grave for reelection. This clown show is very easy for the average citizen/voter who isn't already brainwashed to see right in front of them. Lying/prevarication daily which is exactly what isn't needed.

Rather than having supplicant Pence be the face of this crisis, they should put the head of CDC and Fauci out in front with the truth as they know it
EVERY EFFING DAY.

Market futures down 2% today.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:07 am From my Twitter feed this morning:
Aaron Rupar @atrupar
8h

In this clip, Trump:

Tweet and Video:

He is scared to death of the economic impact on his re-election chances. This is all about him. He does not care about John Q. Public.

The American public should be livid about the total failure of our federal response. Compare our response at detection and then dealing with cases to the other western democracies and we look third world. This is a result of the administration's response. Look at Germany, France, Japan, UK, Canada, Hong Kong and even Italy and South Korea, who have more widespread infection. We aren't detecting or declaring cases until it is a critical case. Whether this is by design or just incompetence, it is the fault of the federal government. We are the only western country reporting more deaths than recoveries. We are reporting a mortality rate that is 2 times higher than any other country. It is also very clear that information is being manipulated / managed by this administration. Why has the government reported some deaths a week after the event?

Donald Trump, patient zero for misinformation.
DMac

Post by DMac »

This is a good example (one of many) of why so many said it's scary to have this man as President. Not because he's too tough for us (you know, the snowflakes thing) but because he's too stupid, vain, and self centered to be the President of this country. Nothing in the world is bigger or more important than Donald Trump, he can't put anything before himself. Man's a complete aszhole.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The State of Washington has today announced the closure of some Seattle area schools for a period of 14 days minimum. Pregnant women, individuals over 70, the infirm and those with respiratory problems, heart disease, diabetes, etc. should stay away from large gatherings.

Microsoft is having people work from home. Facebook is doing the same, as are a number of other companies in the Seattle area.

The State of California has declared an emergency. They are holding a Princess cruise ship away from dock and testing all 2500 passengers and crew for COVID-19. Not clear if or when the ship will be allowed to dock.

I have just learned, perhaps some others were already aware - the Lifecare facility where 6 people have died has not had a single live patient tested for COVID-19 up to now. Everyone will be tested starting today. This explains why some deaths were reported so late, they did not get tested until after they died. This is outrageous! The situation with diagnostic testing is clearly so much worse than the government is letting on.

Pence and Trump lies are not forgivable. Fu**king sacks of beans!
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Looking at the total number of cases, 96888, vs total number of deaths, 3300, gives you a 3%+ mortality rate.

During their recent press conference, they are stating that the 3% number is currently not reflective of the total number of people who have the virus, but don't get tested.

The "denominator" is "inaccurate"....

Return to “POLITICS”