NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
shorelax12

Re: NESCAC

Post by shorelax12 »

jetdirect47 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:05 pm
Lacrossedad99 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:24 pm
Laxwizard wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:43 pm
jumpman23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:25 pm Anyone have updates from today’s scrimmages?
No updates but I heard Conn was scrimmaging Amherst next weekend. Probably a pretty good preview for two mid-tier 'cac teams to see where they are at! Weird that it's happening though. Don't coaches want to scrimmage out of conference teams?
Going to be a Tri scrimmage with MIT Amherst and Conn in Boston next Saturday.
I could be wrong, but isn't there a rule in the NESCAC that doesn't allow more than one scrimmage? Perhaps CC isn't going to Boston if that's true?
I suspect that the coaches have a pretty good handle on whether they are permitted to schedule the scrimmage.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

bonesnjnts wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:11 am a little feed back from trinity scrimmmage
not sure why but maritime didnt play
trinity tied st Joe (conn) in first game- trinity with jitters and had to settle down
which they did in second game against Vassar- got their sh*t together and took care of both ends of the field

trinity first game against Bowdoin on Mar 2- hoping for the upset!
Any feedback on the transfers, or is it too early to really get a feel for them at this point.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

BallHunt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:06 am
Can Opener wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:33 pm
BallHunt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:25 pm
smoova wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm
jumpman23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:25 pm Anyone have updates from today’s scrimmages?
No updates but I heard Conn was scrimmaging Amherst next weekend. Probably a pretty good preview for two mid-tier 'cac teams to see where they are at! Weird that it's happening though. Don't coaches want to scrimmage out of conference teams?
Most OOC teams are into their seasons already. Williams scrimmages Midd next week.
Looks like mid 20's so far, hopefully no ice in the turf.
Where and when is the scrimmage?
1pm at Middlebury. Is their indoor turf large enough and lined for a scrimmage? Amazing complex. Colby's is also sweet.
I'll be surprised if this scrimmage happens. Projected high of 19, slight wind, after 24 hours of precip. Not sure what you get out of it anyway given these conditions.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
smoova

Post by smoova »

BallHunt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:58 pm
BallHunt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:06 am
Can Opener wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:33 pm
BallHunt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:25 pm
smoova wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm
Most OOC teams are into their seasons already. Williams scrimmages Midd next week.
Looks like mid 20's so far, hopefully no ice in the turf.
Where and when is the scrimmage?
1pm at Middlebury. Is their indoor turf large enough and lined for a scrimmage? Amazing complex. Colby's is also sweet.
I'll be surprised if this scrimmage happens. Projected high of 19, slight wind, after 24 hours of precip. Not sure what you get out of it anyway given these conditions.
Midd's indoor turf is not lined for full-field lacrosse. AFAIK, the scrimmage is still on, but I agree that returns in those conditions can be severely limited.
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

Move the scrimmage to Sunday. Way better for everyone. The teams need to scrimmage if they want to win in week 1.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Laxwizard wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:46 pm Move the scrimmage to Sunday. Way better for everyone. The teams need to scrimmage if they want to win in week 1.
Much better forecast.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

BallHunt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:50 pm
Laxwizard wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:46 pm Move the scrimmage to Sunday. Way better for everyone. The teams need to scrimmage if they want to win in week 1.
Much better forecast.
Now Sunday at 1pm.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Really like how coach Annino is getting in 2 non-conference games a full week and a half ahead of all NESCAC teams. Should build a solid trajectory for the Bobcats, then dovetail in conference opponents. A freshmen-friendly approach.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

BallHunt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm Really like how coach Annino is getting in 2 non-conference games a full week and a half ahead of all NESCAC teams. Should build a solid trajectory for the Bobcats, then dovetail in conference opponents. A freshmen-friendly approach.
That’s what I’m sayin
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:19 pm
BallHunt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm Really like how coach Annino is getting in 2 non-conference games a full week and a half ahead of all NESCAC teams. Should build a solid trajectory for the Bobcats, then dovetail in conference opponents. A freshmen-friendly approach.
That’s what I’m sayin
Well, those teams are not pulling SOS upward, but I like the build.

Plus, wailing on your teammates, however short the gap between first practice and game, becomes less fun quickly. So, getting early games, like scrimmages, straightens things out (to some degree) heading into conference games.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Clearly psyched to get going starting tomorrow.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

pcowlax wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am
That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
Nothing new here.
Bates has been doing this for years - girls also getting started today.
The school has finals in mid April and teams don't compete.
Notice the gap between Amherst (4/13) and Colby (4/24).
This allows them to make up for missed time.

Bates rolls today
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
This what I’m sayin
RE6ULATOR wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:56 am Bates kicks off the NESCAC action tomorrow vs Emerson, and will have 2 games in the books before anyone else in conference has 1. They’ve also never played Emerson before, kudos to them for getting new blood on the schedule despite being located up in Maine. The staff is clearly doing what they can within the conference regs to give their players a good experience and get their program going again. Good on them.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:16 am
That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
This what I’m sayin
RE6ULATOR wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:56 am Bates kicks off the NESCAC action tomorrow vs Emerson, and will have 2 games in the books before anyone else in conference has 1. They’ve also never played Emerson before, kudos to them for getting new blood on the schedule despite being located up in Maine. The staff is clearly doing what they can within the conference regs to give their players a good experience and get their program going again. Good on them.
Bates has a different calendar than any of the other NESCACs. They always play 2 games in February while the other schools do not start until March. This has nothing to do with Annino, a freshman-friendly approach, scheduling philosophy or willingness to push any sort of an envelope. It has to do with finals schedules and has been the case for years and years.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

SaltCounty wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:14 am
That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
Nothing new here.

Bates rolls today
It is a nice season on-ramp for sure. Of the 16 freshmen on the roster I am curious to see how many start against Hamilton.
CradleKing

Post by CradleKing »

BallHunt wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:02 am
That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
Nothing new here.

Bates rolls today
It is a nice season on-ramp for sure. Of the 16 freshmen on the roster I am curious to see how many start against Hamilton.

Think Bates Should dominate in the home jerseys. The Green Mountain State Gasher Quinn Berry should handle Emerson's Offense, while the J's (Captains Jake and Jack) can use this game to show the young bucks how to compete on O for the 'cats. I expect First Year Graham Ray to mix things up at the X.
HighBouncersGo

Post by HighBouncersGo »

CradleKing wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am
That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
Nothing new here.

Bates rolls today

Think Bates Should dominate in the home jerseys. The Green Mountain State Gasher Quinn Berry should handle Emerson's Offense, while the J's (Captains Jake and Jack) can use this game to show the young bucks how to compete on O for the 'cats. I expect First Year Graham Ray to mix things up at the X.
Not so sure here CradleKing. I wouldn't say the Lions are a pushover team. This Emerson squad is a team that gets up for a weekday game. They played Skidmore tough in their first game. That being said I think Annino's squad should get the dub here if they have properly practiced their clearing this spring. They were a mere 76% last year. All in all am running on 400 mg of pure nitro cold brew from Starbucks and am amped to get the 'Cac season underway. LFG
CradleKing

Post by CradleKing »

HighBouncersGo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:11 am
CradleKing wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am
That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
Nothing new here.

Bates rolls today

Not so sure here CradleKing. I wouldn't say the Lions are a pushover team. This Emerson squad is a team that gets up for a weekday game. They played Skidmore tough in their first game. That being said I think Annino's squad should get the dub here if they have properly practiced their clearing this spring. They were a mere 76% last year. All in all am running on 400 mg of pure nitro cold brew from Starbucks and am amped to get the 'Cac season underway. LFG
Great Analysis HighBouncersGo. Freshman keep' Andrew Toland should help with the clearing game. Heard he's been something of legend in Lewiston on & off the field this fall. Think it could be tight but see the bobcats prevailing. I share in your enthusiasm to get the season kicked off.
hanskrttt

Post by hanskrttt »

Middlebury on top. Sugma

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”