The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:46 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:57 am
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:23 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:31 am There's a difference in interpreting things like "black jobs" and "sh~thole countries" and "I'm gonna rule like a dictator on the first day only" and "you won't have to vote any more... it'll be fixed" and "turned black" on and on

vs. mixing up politicians names and locations and other gaffes.
Are we sure a ride down the slippery slope of Biden quotes would only produce name/location mixups and gaffes? :roll:

How the press and social media and politicians themselves edit, distort and curate pithy sound bites for desired context can make benign appear malignant, and visa-versa. Easy enough to find examples illustrating this phenomenon from all sides. Consequences for being called out are minimal, as the points are already on the scoreboard and the base has gobbled up and regurgitated the message. It's already on to the next, and the next, ad infinitum.
What do you think Trump meant by black jobs?
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:37 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:34 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:48 pm More confusion, rather than understanding?

He meant the jobs of Black people. And we’ve been using that term for a while," said Diante Johnson, president of the Black Conservative Federation. "It’s any job. Instead of Black people having unlimited accessibility to all types of jobs, illegal immigrants are taking their jobs from them."

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/what-i ... debate.amp
It's weird that people have to continually explain/spin what Trump actually meant when he speaks vs. what he said.
Well, folks have been trying to figure out what Biden has trying to say for almost 4 years. Fortunately our forum members have been here to interpret Biden speak for all of us. :D
What's weird are close minded people who insist on only accepting the latest ever-changing woke terminology,
then impugning the motives of people who do not use the latest woke term. What was previously the preferred terminology is now insensitive (or worse). It's a gimmick to perpetuate perpetual victim status.
Calling others victim card players is just fantastic! Give us some more gold please.
Poor me… I am at the Paris Olympics….actually had a ratatouille last night..😂😂😂

https://to-restaurant.com/en/

Highly recommend it.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“Black jobs” is deplorable. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:08 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:31 am There's a difference in interpreting things like "black jobs" and "sh~thole countries" and "I'm gonna rule like a dictator on the first day only" and "you won't have to vote any more... it'll be fixed" and "turned black" on and on

Are we sure a ride down the slippery slope of Biden quotes would only produce name/location mixups and gaffes? :roll:

How the press and social media and politicians themselves edit, distort and curate pithy sound bites for desired context can make benign appear malignant, and visa-versa. Easy enough to find examples illustrating this phenomenon from all sides. Consequences for being called out are minimal, as the points are already on the scoreboard and the base has gobbled up and regurgitated the message. It's already on to the next, and the next, ad infinitum.
youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:48 pm More confusion, rather than understanding?

He meant the jobs of Black people. And we’ve been using that term for a while," said Diante Johnson, president of the Black Conservative Federation. "It’s any job. Instead of Black people having unlimited accessibility to all types of jobs, illegal immigrants are taking their jobs from them."

It's weird that people have to continually explain/spin what Trump actually meant when he speaks vs. what he said.
Well, folks have been trying to figure out what Biden has trying to say for almost 4 years. Fortunately our forum members have been here to interpret Biden speak for all of us. :D
What's weird are close minded people who insist on only accepting the latest ever-changing woke terminology,
then impugning the motives of people who do not use the latest woke term. What was previously the preferred terminology is now insensitive (or worse). It's a gimmick to perpetuate perpetual victim status.
Calling others victim card players is just fantastic! Give us some more gold please.

Highly recommend it.
I always considered you the Vichyssoise type.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:14 am “Black jobs” is deplorable. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can’t believe I forgot the mvps with my nba joke dammit.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:29 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:53 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:12 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:26 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:59 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:53 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:42 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:36 pm Or admit that black Americans also have jobs that aren't low skill entry level....so what Trump said was stupid.
:lol: ...your usual all-or-nothing logic fail. I didn't say "all black jobs'.
I ask again -- do you dispute Kirsanow's data ?
I've never met someone who has your education, and is THIS partisan, and won't just own the partisanship, and recognize you are ALWAYS going to look at everything with a R by it in the best possible light....and anything with a D by it in the worst possible light. Just a hair of self awareness would help you SO much.

So to answer your question: you can play the EXACT same stupid game with Biden's quote "if you don't vote for me, you're not black".

Because GENERALLY speaking, Biden's is saying his economic policies are better for black Americans than Trump's.

Which is why it's a racist thing to say. Now apply that to Trump and "black jobs". Get it?
:lol: ...No. Biden is telling them if they don't vote for him, they're not authentically black.
The same thing you're upset about Trump doing to Kamala.
JB has also insinuated via his never ending criticism of Clarence Thomas that certainly is not authentically black. If you don't agree with JB a 100% you can't possibly be authentically black. FTR what exactly is the criteria to be declared " authentically black "? I'm guessing rule #1 is to be a registered Democrat? :D
Judge Joe Brown was a registered democrat for a long time. Sounds like he is not authentically black either.

Especially if you heard all those tirades on WorldStar about Kamala being a who-ahh and Joe an extreme racist.
Maybe some of our more progressive friends on this forum can compose 2 lists to simplify this dilemma for those of us not as enlightened as they are.
One list for authentically black
One list for faux black
8-)
If you’re afraid of then, which is likely shade driven, they black. If you’re not, they ain’t black. Probably more likely viet cong then.
Strike #1.... Take another swing.
Oh no I nailed it. And trust me in this world on a relative basis I’m the pitcher and your more catcher so let me explain how right I am

https://youtu.be/bW-0viHBEHU?si=iTeecPbBr_1yWIoK
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:08 am

Highly recommend it.
Just hope he didn’t pee on the piss boy

https://youtu.be/7OWMB3ewpNM?si=OOnCFXWonE0QQ_em
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:36 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:36 pm Or admit that black Americans also have jobs that aren't low skill entry level....so what Trump said was stupid.
I've never met someone who has your education, and is THIS partisan, and won't just own the partisanship, and recognize you are ALWAYS going to look at everything with a R by it in the best possible light....and anything with a D by it in the worst possible light. Just a hair of self awareness would help you SO much.

So to answer your question: you can play the EXACT same stupid game with Biden's quote "if you don't vote for me, you're not black".

Because GENERALLY speaking, Biden's is saying his economic policies are better for black Americans than Trump's.

Which is why it's a racist thing to say. Now apply that to Trump and "black jobs". Get it?
:lol: ...No. Biden is telling them if they don't vote for him, they're not authentically black.
JB has also insinuated via his never ending criticism of Clarence Thomas that certainly is not authentically black. If you don't agree with JB a 100% you can't possibly be authentically black. FTR what exactly is the criteria to be declared " authentically black "? I'm guessing rule #1 is to be a registered Democrat? :D
Judge Joe Brown was a registered democrat for a long time. Sounds like he is not authentically black either.

Especially if you heard all those tirades on WorldStar about Kamala being a who-ahh and Joe an extreme racist.
Maybe some of our more progressive friends on this forum can compose 2 lists to simplify this dilemma for those of us not as enlightened as they are.
One list for faux black
8-)
If you’re afraid of then, which is likely shade driven, they black. If you’re not, they ain’t black. Probably more likely viet cong then.
Oh no I nailed it. And trust me in this world on a relative basis I’m the pitcher and your more catcher so let me explain how right I am

Steeeeeeerike # 2 a whiffer of a swing... :D
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:14 am “Black jobs” is deplorable. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do you think of black cops????

;)

https://youtu.be/9Kulvhr9dAc?si=QVNB3Eutiebw72Fn

"He's gonna get across the border before we can catch him"
*dogs barking*
"Just let me draw a bead on his black ass and he's dead"
*dogs barking*
"He's gonna make it"
"Let the dogs go!"
"No I won't do it!"
"He's got full, they've only got two"
"They'll tear him apart, I won't do it"
"Let the dogs go!"
"Turn loose those dogs!"
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:43 pm

One list for faux black
8-)

The ignorance and racist illiteracy of one participant in this is off the charts
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:43 pm

One list for faux black
8-)

The ignorance and racist illiteracy of one participant in this is off the charts
Steeeeeeerike #1 another whiffer, feel that cool breeze
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Biden drops on 7/21.

Harris then takes in $310 million by the end of July.

And when Clooney and I get out our check books in August…watch out!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:42 pm Cover sums it up: https://x.com/dcexaminer/status/1818636 ... a82I2GssRg
Why do you want so badly to see Trump as President again? Did you see his speech in Atlanta today?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:38 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:42 pm Cover sums it up: https://x.com/dcexaminer/status/1818636 ... a82I2GssRg
Why do you want so badly to see Trump as President again? Did you see his speech in Atlanta today?
I don’t and no. I was doing yard work, cleaning gutters, walking dog, and sweating me arse off. Now I’m sipping a Lee Sinclair Four grain, watching Olympics.

My point in link, was an illustration of what so many have argued actually took place and who has been pulling the strings for Biden’s term.

Yea-yea….I know, but Trump. At some point admitting you also have a sh(TTY candidate would be helpful and allow us to agree we ALL have to be frustrated with how things have shaken out.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:24 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:38 pm
I don’t and no. I was doing yard work, cleaning gutters, walking dog, and sweating me arse off. Now I’m sipping a Lee Sinclair Four grain, watching Olympics.

My point in link, was an illustration of what so many have argued actually took place and who has been pulling the strings for Biden’s term.

Yea-yea….I know, but Trump. At some point admitting you also have a sh(TTY candidate would be helpful and allow us to agree we ALL have to be frustrated with how things have shaken out.
Harris is a mid-rate candidate. Like most Dems. And Trump's a terrible candidate, as usual. What makes Harris so incredibly sh(TTY as you say?

People can argue all they want about the strings, but they're wrong, as the examiner is. Biden's been a sprinting duck the past few weeks, and dropping mics along his way.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The cover is stupid troll bull shirt.

Because two thirds of rank and file Dem voters wanted Joe to drop out. For over a year. So the reality is that Dem leaders actually finally listened to and responded to what a super majority of their constituents wanted.

Which is highly democratic.

Note that only Maga trolls like you are making this stupid argument. Because…duh…they’d rather have Trump run against a weaker candidate. So shove it, GFY and STFU. With all due respect. 🙂

And boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”