"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:19 pm It is crazy how these outlets are hanging on to everything trump. It was only a short 5-6 years ago the NYT was on the verge of going in to the crapper....until Trump came along. Once he arrived, their digital subscriptions flourished, as did all of media.
I think this may be baloney. You have any credible data to support the notion the the NYT was “on the verge” of something calamitous just before you helped install the Moron?
Trump said it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:42 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:25 pmInnocent I say...Mueller proved they are innocent!
Mueller... really? You mean Weissmann, as in the Weissmann Report? Anyone not suffering from delusions, like some on here, saw/heard Mueller testify. That's all it took to convince many that Mueller was MIA re "the report," nothing more than an uniformed figurehead.

I think the majority of Americans now realize "Russian collusion" was bullsh!t. Durham's work will continue to confirm that.
A little dated, but not so much:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1R72S0

I think people understand, especially after Helsinki, that the Moron and his campaign were in the pocket from the get-go.
Russia used State assets to help Trump win. He welcomed the help.
HRC paid to acquire & spread Russian disinformation & still lost.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:33 pm Anyone not suffering from delusions, like some on here, saw/heard Mueller testify. That's all it took to convince many that Mueller was MIA re "the report," nothing more than an uniformed figurehead.
So you're telling us---on the record---- that you believe that Mueller mailed his investigation in.....and yet at the same time, you think this same half-hearted investigation somehow clears Trump?

I'm not sure you understand what you're communicating here.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:25 pmInnocent I say...Mueller proved they are innocent!
Mueller... really? You mean Weissmann, as in the Weissmann Report? Anyone not suffering from delusions, like some on here, saw/heard Mueller testify. That's all it took to convince many that Mueller was MIA re "the report," nothing more than an uniformed figurehead.

I think the majority of Americans now realize "Russian collusion" was bullsh!t. Durham's work will continue to confirm that.

I think people understand, especially after Helsinki, that the Moron and his campaign were in the pocket from the get-go.
And yet you and Tech are claiming what Trump did was awesome (meeting with Russian spies, looking for dirt on Hillary), and what Hillary did was wrong.

You know these two ideas don't square, right? At some point, you have to admit that either both are bad......or both are fine.

Pick one.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:04 pm And BTW.......where are your claims of Deep State with multiple agencies going after Hunter, OS? Poor guy, can't catch a break. Show me the man, and I"ll show you the crime.....suddenly all your concerns about this Deep State don't apply here?
Tell us about who's going after Hunter other than FNC & the NY Post.
Did Garland appoint a Special Prosecutor ? Pelosi appoint a Select Committee ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:42 pm

And yet you and Tech are claiming what Trump did was awesome (meeting with Russian spies, looking for dirt on Hillary), and what Hillary did was wrong.

You know these two ideas don't square, right? At some point, you have to admit that either both are bad......or both are fine.

Pick one.
Both are bad. Political dirty tricks.

Trump relied on bumbling amateurs who hid in plain sight. HRC went with the pros from Dover. They failed to take out Trump before the election but they ruined his Presidency & managed to cover it up until after he was voted out. Good work by Barr & Durham with more to come.

The Russians were the only winners. Look at what they're doing now in Belarus & on the borders of Ukraine & Poland.
They were afraid to pull that sh!t on Trump.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Chortle
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 pm Tell us about who's going after Hunter other than FNC & the NY Post.

DoJ. FBI. Southern District of New York. IRS. All looking into Hunter. Oh, and they also looked into Joe's brother for more nonsense.

​​David Weiss, the US attorney for Delaware who is overseeing the investigation, was asked to remain on the job last month even as the Biden administration requested the resignations of other US attorneys appointed by former President Donald Trump.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/probe-int ... ad-report/

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/0 ... xes-444139
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:57 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 pm Tell us about who's going after Hunter other than FNC & the NY Post.

DoJ. FBI. Southern District of New York. IRS. All looking into Hunter. Oh, and they also looked into Joe's brother for more nonsense.

​​David Weiss, the US attorney for Delaware who is overseeing the investigation, was asked to remain on the job last month even as the Biden administration requested the resignations of other US attorneys appointed by former President Donald Trump.

...still working to prove that it was planted Russian disinformation. Those are 8 & 11 month old links.

I'll believe it when I see it on MSNBC or CNN, or read about in in the NYT, WP, the Atlantic or Mother Jones.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:53 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:42 pm

Pick one.
Both are bad. Political dirty tricks.
If I had coffee?? I would have spit it on the computer screen.

Where's the standing ovation emoji when you need it?

Well------it took you and I five freaking years to get the above out of you. Finally.

All I can say is: thank you!!

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:53 pm Trump relied on bumbling amateurs who hid in plain sight. HRC went with the pros from Dover. They failed to take out Trump before the election but they ruined his Presidency & managed to cover it up until after he was voted out. Good work by Barr & Durham with more to come.
Barr and Durham have found zippo, as was the case with Mueller. And why? Because none of this stuff is against the law. It's SUPPOSED to make American voters mad. But instead? We get partisan excuses from D's and R's for all these years. I'm sick of it.
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:53 pm The Russians were the only winners. Look at what they're doing now in Belarus & on the borders of Ukraine & Poland.
They were afraid to pull that sh!t on Trump.
:lol: Right. Instead under Trump, they attack our elections, and fill our nation with disinformation....and we do nothing about it. The fact that we have Stoli vodka on American store shelves tells you how weak ALL of our leaders are when it comes that piddly leader, Putin.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:03 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:57 pm

...still working to prove that it was planted Russian disinformation.
You lost me. He's in deep doo-doo over everything from tax evasion, to securities problems. These investigations are real and ongoing. Hunter has NOT been cleared of wrongdoing.

And it case it ain't crystal clear? I'm delighted that that obviously corrupt POS is under investigation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:04 pm Well------it took you and I five freaking years to get the above out of you. Finally.

All I can say is: thank you!!
You're welcome.

At the time, I said it was stupid, that nothing Trump did would surprise me & I'd wait for Mueller to tell me what happened & what was criminal.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I don’t care.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:38 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:33 pm Anyone not suffering from delusions, like some on here, saw/heard Mueller testify. That's all it took to convince many that Mueller was MIA re "the report," nothing more than an uniformed figurehead.
So you're telling us---on the record---- that you believe that Mueller mailed his investigation in.....and yet at the same time, you think this same half-hearted investigation somehow clears Trump?

I'm not sure you understand what you're communicating here.
Yeah right. All those Dem lawyers, all that time at carte blanche, with the assistance of MSM drum beat, all the subterfuge for four years, yet no indictment of Trump. I was hoping they'd actually find something to actually indict him on. Total bullsh!t.

"on the record"? Oh no!, that will be used against me when I run for office :D
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:42 am "on the record"? Oh no!, that will be used against me when I run for office :D
"On the record", as in: I'm going for a laugh here. I can't believe it worked!
tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:42 am Yeah right. All those Dem lawyers, all that time at carte blanche
1. then why bring up that Mueller was mailing it in? 2. Incorrect. Mueller directed them away from finances. You know this, because you followed this whole thing closer than anyone.
tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:42 am ......with the assistance of MSM drum beat, all the subterfuge for four years, yet no indictment of Trump. I was hoping they'd actually find something to actually indict him on
You really don't remember what happened?

Ok. I'll jog your memory. Speaking with Congressman Ted Lieu on the House Floor after his investigation, Mueller was asked if he could indict a sitting President

Ted Lieu: “The reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the O.L.C. opinion”—a reference to the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel—“stating that you cannot indict a sitting President. Correct?”

“That is correct,” Mueller said.

Trump walked because of DoJ policy. A policy that's unchanged, btw.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:52 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:42 am "on the record"? Oh no!, that will be used against me when I run for office :D
tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:42 am Yeah right. All those Dem lawyers, all that time at carte blanche
1. then why bring up that Mueller was mailing it in? 2. Incorrect. Mueller directed them away from finances. You know this, because you followed this whole thing closer than anyone.
tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:42 am ......with the assistance of MSM drum beat, all the subterfuge for four years, yet no indictment of Trump. I was hoping they'd actually find something to actually indict him on

Ok. I'll jog your memory. Speaking with Congressman Ted Lieu on the House Floor after his investigation, Mueller was asked if he could indict a sitting President

Ted Lieu: “The reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the O.L.C. opinion”—a reference to the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel—“stating that you cannot indict a sitting President. Correct?”

nah, you just don't understand...Trump was exonerated!
He's innocent! His people were railroaded! :? ;)

But we do now have tech (on the record :D ) actually saying he was hoping Trump would actually get indicted...will be interesting whether tech will still think so if Trump is indicted in Georgia as looks likely to eventually happen.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:52 am

Of course Lieu teed-up that contrived query. Based on his performance that day, I'm surprised Mueller answered it correctly.

Here is a factual statement for you:

“The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intents present difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred,” Mueller wrote. “Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

There's the actual reason for no indictment, they knew they didn't have one despite what any legal memo states. If there was anything to the Wiessmann Report, why aren't they going after Trump for the report's so-called findings, now that he's out of office?
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:25 pm Of course Lieu teed-up that contrived query. Based on his performance that day, I'm surprised Mueller answered it correctly.
So you're REALLY going to just brush that aside, and pretend that that's just some footnote? Some trifle that Mueller tells the world that he CAN'T indict Trump...and then (gasp) doesn't indict Trump? Come on. This is logic so basic that my daughter can understand it.

He tells you he CAN'T indict a sitting President, Tech. And you're sitting here, telling me your surprised that Mueller----as he just told you-----didn't indict Trump?

:lol: Let's let this drop. If you're not going to agree on fundamental things like 1+1=2, there's no point here.
tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:25 pm Here is a factual statement for you:

“The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intents present difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred,” Mueller wrote. “Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
:lol: That does NOTHING to change the FACT that Mueller CAN'T indict Trump, Tech. And what part of "this doe not exonerate him" isn't clear enough for you?
tech37 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:25 pm ....why aren't they going after Trump for the report's so-called findings, now that he's out of office?
Because it comes down to OPINION, Tech. He fired the man investigating him in front of the entire world. Guys like you simply don't care that he did that. So what's the point?

Have a look at what happened to Nixon, Tech. Do you remember the Saturday Night Massacre, where Nixon ordered not one, but two AG's to fire the Special Prosecutor who was investigating him and his team? Now a guy like me says: that's obvious Obstruction of Justices, and it's not even a close call. And yet no formal charges came from the DoJ for the letter of the law obstruction of justice. This is ridiculous, obviously.

And what did you and others say to the parallel of Trump Firing of the guy investigating him, Comey----and then telling the world WHY he fired him?

Same reaction. You didn't care. Did you and OS notice, btw, that Biden left the guy who's investigating Hunter in office, so he can do his job? So apparently this ISN'T some trifle. Say what you want about Biden---at least he understands the principle of obstructing a lawful investigation.

Now if a Mayor fired the guy who is investigating him for crimes? Or a Governor? How fast would the Feds put them under arrest? Ten seconds? Maybe twenty?

And yet you and millions think Trump firing Comey is just a nothing event. No amount of discussion will change your mind, so what's the point? I'm leaving you out of the vortexes. ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:47 pm
So you're REALLY going to just brush that aside, and pretend that that's just some footnote? Some trifle that Mueller tells the world that he CAN'T indict Trump...and then (gasp) doesn't indict Trump? Come on. This is logic so basic that my daughter can understand it.

He tells you he CAN'T indict a sitting President, Tech. And you're sitting here, telling me your surprised that Mueller----as he just told you-----didn't indict Trump?

:lol: Let's let this drop. If you're not going to agree on fundamental things like 1+1=2, there's no point here.
NOBODY was indicted for anything that constituted "collusion" with Russia, ...until Durham's latest "speaking" indictment.

Return to “POLITICS”