2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by njbill »

Burisma was a bust. (Trump blew that one big time.) Reade didn’t gain traction. Now it is that Joe is inarticulate. I’ll grant you that, but you are making it a bigger deal than it really is.

Maybe you haven’t seen him speak much before, but this is the way he is, and has always been. I live in the Philadelphia media market which covers Delaware politics so I have seen a lot of coverage about him over the decades.

Just because someone is inarticulate doesn’t mean they lack judgment or the ability to make good decisions. They are different skills.

And in any event, his opponent is just as inarticulate, or worse.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:50 pm Burisma was a bust. (Trump blew that one big time.) Reade didn’t gain traction. Now it is that Joe is inarticulate. I’ll grant you that, but you are making it a bigger deal than it really is.

Maybe you haven’t seen him speak much before, but this is the way he is, and has always been. I live in the Philadelphia media market which covers Delaware politics so I have seen a lot of coverage about him over the decades.

Just because someone is inarticulate doesn’t mean they lack judgment or the ability to make good decisions. They are different skills.

Holy sh*t, the bar is pretty low, huh njb?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Haha. I guess you could say that.

But it is what it is.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Letting people leave their houses because they have rights is now an ‘extreme right wing position’.

Families protesting in Michigan.

Working moms being arrested in New Jersey.

De Blasio asking neighbors to snitch on neighbors.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out n November.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:35 pm Haha. I guess you could say that.

But it is what it is.
We need a sea change, but a peaceful one.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:45 pm
Ain't that the truth PB.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:47 pm
Ain't that the truth PB.

I’d like to believe it’s beyond obvious that any freedom-loving patriotic American should vote Republican anywhere including dog catcher, but years ago I lost a wad of dough betting New Yorkers would never vote for an immoral unethical interlopng hack like Hillary Clinton, and she won by 11% over Rick Lazio. That could simply be because NY is hopeless and I overestimated that state’s collective intelligence (and number of government employees!), but it shook my faith in betting on political outcomes. :lol:
calourie

Post by calourie »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:23 pm The DNC needs to replace Joe before it's too late. Not kidding.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/bid ... h-a-thing/
Getting political news on the DNC and what it should do from the National Review is about as stupid an idea as I have heard in a while, and yet, PB, you insist on labeling democrats as the stupid ones. Stupid is as stupid does as they say.
old salt

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:35 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:30 am Joe Biden’s team determines that it’s best to attack Asian Americans.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united- ... over-china

Where are the liberals here to criticize this blatant xenophobia?
Did you read the article, PB ???
....if he's like me , got distracted by the Venus swimsuit ads......
.:lol:. ...I was wondering where those ads came from. Those are some sweet cookies.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:02 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:47 pm
Ain't that the truth PB.

I’d like to believe it’s beyond obvious that any freedom-loving patriotic American should vote Republican anywhere including dog catcher, but years ago I lost a wad of dough betting New Yorkers would never vote for an immoral unethical interlopng hack like Hillary Clinton, and she won by 11% over Rick Lazio. That could simply be because NY is hopeless and I overestimated that state’s collective intelligence (and number of government employees!), but it shook my faith in betting on political outcomes. :lol:
How much did you lose in 2016 betting that Hillary would be Trump? :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:45 pm Letting people leave their houses because they have rights is now an ‘extreme right wing position’.

Families protesting in Michigan.

Working moms being arrested in New Jersey.

De Blasio asking neighbors to snitch on neighbors.

Interesting how so many right wing delusionals claim Governors like Whitmer in Michigan and others are engaging in unconstitutional actions. Yet, their actions are well within CDC guidelines. Further, while the protesters may be vocal and have gotten much media attention, they represent only a minority of people. The vast majority are against relaxing the current mitigation rules:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... ickly.html

It's a good bet many of these buffoons will soon learn that the virus is not a hoax and the strictures are not the result of hysteria. When they find their sorry a$$es in a hospital ward they will be crying for government money to bail them out.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

A solid 36% of Americans trust Trump on the virus. Sixty-five percent say he didn’t take it seriously. Sixty percent trust their governors.

NBC News poll
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 am A solid 36% of Americans trust Trump on the virus. Sixty-five percent say he didn’t take it seriously. Sixty percent trust their governors.

NBC News poll
#LIBERATE THE PRESIDENCY.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:22 am
Trinity wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 am A solid 36% of Americans trust Trump on the virus. Sixty-five percent say he didn’t take it seriously. Sixty percent trust their governors.

NBC News poll
#LIBERATE THE PRESIDENCY.
The crazy thing is that 36% trust him...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:50 pm Burisma was a bust. (Trump blew that one big time.) Reade didn’t gain traction. Now it is that Joe is inarticulate. I’ll grant you that, but you are making it a bigger deal than it really is.

"Now it is that Joe is inarticulate. I’ll grant you that, but you are making it a bigger deal than it really is."

Hold the ponies there. It is not about Joe being inarticulate. It is about Joe sounding more and more like he has scrambled eggs between his ears. The joke about GWB was that he was inarticulate, and he was. The concerns about Joe Biden is that he no longer has a clue as to what he is talking about. Trying to pass that off as inarticulate is just trying to cover for what ever the hell is wrong with Joe. There is something way, way, way not right with Joe, the BS about being inarticulate just is not cutting it. Every time i hear him speak as of late he has clearly lost the ability to put together an understandable chain of thought without drifting off into mumbleville.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:34 am

"Now it is that Joe is inarticulate. I’ll grant you that, but you are making it a bigger deal than it really is."

Hold the ponies there. It is not about Joe being inarticulate. It is about Joe sounding more and more like he has scrambled eggs between his ears. The joke about GWB was that he was inarticulate, and he was. The concerns about Joe Biden is that he no longer has a clue as to what he is talking about. Trying to pass that off as inarticulate is just trying to cover for what ever the hell is wrong with Joe. There is something way, way, way not right with Joe, the BS about being inarticulate just is not cutting it. Every time i hear him speak as of late he has clearly lost the ability to put together an understandable chain of thought without drifting off into mumbleville.
yeah, I'm not seeing what you are seeing. He's always had a brain that gets out ahead of his ability to put words together, so he interrupts his sentences mid-flow with the next thought. Same problem he's always had.

Does he look old?
You betcha.
Does being older have an impact?
of course.

But no basis for suggesting that his decision making is actually impaired.

I've never been a fan of Biden, but in a binary comparison?
very easy choice to go with Biden.

including if only based on mental acuity, rationality.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=is ... &FORM=VIRE This is not someone who is inarticulate, this is someone who is really confused way to often.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:39 am

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=is ... &FORM=VIRE This is not someone who is inarticulate, this is someone who is really confused way to often.
i watched my old man drift into dementia. I saw what it did to him day by day. i am not saying that this is Joes issue. The doctors can test for this and the results are fairly conclusive. Joe ain't right, Joe is far from right. You can make excuses for him all you want. Joe Biden has issues. i don't know what they are but this brief montage speaks volumes that something is not right with Joe. It ain't about being inarticulate.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:39 am

i watched my old man drift into dementia. I saw what it did to him day by day. i am not saying that this is Joes issue. The doctors can test for this and the results are fairly conclusive. Joe ain't right, Joe is far from right. You can make excuses for him all you want. Joe Biden has issues. i don't know what they are but this brief montage speaks volumes that something is not right with Joe. It ain't about being inarticulate.
nope, seen this 'montage'. Watched him in recent extended interviews as well.

I'm not seeing dementia, I'm seeing the same guy we've seen for decades, though older. His brain gets out in front of his articulation and the articulation gets lost, including errors he doesn't know he's made. But he immediately recognizes the error if corrected, no actual confusion. Those with dementia continue with the confusion.

you really shouldn't buy into right wing stuff.

I don't think Trump has dementia, but certainly he slurs and stumbles a lot, clearly he has difficulty reading. and he's certainly not as smooth in his speaking relative to when he was younger.

But that's not the issue with his thinking, it's that he actually has such difficulty thinking rationally. So prone to believe nonsense, has such difficulty differentiating truth from fiction. And we haven't gotten to how his ego turns him so childish, ala his whining yesterday when he was trying to get the Cuomo clip played to the press.

so, it's the actual decision making.
And this is just in the area of mental acuity and rationality.

Return to “POLITICS”