Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Fischer

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by Fischer »

Deacon022 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:19 am
LiveLaxLove wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:56 am
Fischer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:48 am So as expected, Alexa,spallina yellow jacket teammate also de committed from Syracuse and is going to Clemson very interesting stuff
So that makes Clemson have the best class in the 2025 group with the #1, #3 and #6 ranked recruit (lacrosse magazine). AS and Penczik are #1 & 2 with inside lacrosse rankings.

A sign of things to come.
How can Clemson have the money to go and grab an elite recruiting class of 8 kids and then grab another two top kids months after they were done. All after Kwolek wouldnt give Sofia Chepernik some extra money a year ago. They must
have big time NIL money to throw around because she had to be through her scholarship money already. If that’s the case, they are ahead of the curve and will start becoming a powerhouse in women’s lacrosse.
Exactly this! The nil money changes the whole thing Clemson has dumped a tremendous amount of money into women’s lacrosse exclusive facilities exclusive field. They will be the school that every girl wants to go to. Cuse has the history, but it’s a dump. And cold. It may take them a couple of years to start showing some power, but I say They’ll be in the final four. Sooner than later
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

Fischer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:01 pm
Fischer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:48 am So as expected, Alexa,spallina yellow jacket teammate also de committed from Syracuse and is going to Clemson very interesting stuff
So that makes Clemson have the best class in the 2025 group with the #1, #3 and #6 ranked recruit (lacrosse magazine). AS and Penczik are #1 & 2 with inside lacrosse rankings.

How can Clemson have the money to go and grab an elite recruiting class of 8 kids and then grab another two top kids months after they were done. All after Kwolek wouldnt give Sofia Chepernik some extra money a year ago. They must
have big time NIL money to throw around because she had to be through her scholarship money already. If that’s the case, they are ahead of the curve and will start becoming a powerhouse in women’s lacrosse.
Exactly this! The nil money changes the whole thing Clemson has dumped a tremendous amount of money into women’s lacrosse exclusive facilities exclusive field. They will be the school that every girl wants to go to. Cuse has the history, but it’s a dump. And cold. It may take them a couple of years to start showing some power, but I say They’ll be in the final four. Sooner than later
How can we be sure any of this has to do with NIL? I've been trying to tell you people for months that scholarship caps are going away, but no one will listen. That, and like you said, Cuse is a dump and Clemson is definitely showing they're taking this sport seriously. Check my post history: you will see me screaming about schools like Boston College, SYRACUSE, and Penn, among others, falling off, and schools like FSU (pending confirmation that they start the program), CLEMSON, and Ohio State, among others jumping to the top. This isn't rocket science guys. Don't just chalk it all up to NIL. And just imagine once these big schools start giving lax girls a cut of the $20-22M while the other programs can't afford to do any of that. Again, that's BEFORE there's ever a drop of NIL money.

Regarding Chepernik, was she overvalued after a good freshman year on a first year team that was very thin? I mean, she ended up at USF that didn't even play last season. You'd think if she was really good, she would have had a better program lock her down. Am I missing something?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:44 pm

How can we be sure any of this has to do with NIL? I've been trying to tell you people for months that scholarship caps are going away, but no one will listen. That, and like you said, Cuse is a dump and Clemson is definitely showing they're taking this sport seriously. Check my post history: you will see me screaming about schools like Boston College, SYRACUSE, and Penn, among others, falling off, and schools like FSU (pending confirmation that they start the program), CLEMSON, and Ohio State, among others jumping to the top. This isn't rocket science guys. Don't just chalk it all up to NIL. And just imagine once these big schools start giving lax girls a cut of the $20-22M while the other programs can't afford to do any of that. Again, that's BEFORE there's ever a drop of NIL money.

Regarding Chepernik, was she overvalued after a good freshman year on a first year team that was very thin? I mean, she ended up at USF that didn't even play last season. You'd think if she was really good, she would have had a better program lock her down. Am I missing something?
Yes you are.
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:11 pm

Yes you are.
Oh. Well feel free to set me straight!
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

I am not familiar with Chepernik’s experience at Clemson and the details behind her leaving, but believe she had close ties to the McCords, so choosing USF because of familiarity and helping build a program may have been her drivers. USF is a program that appears willing to invest in wlax and would not be surprised to hear Chepernik received a nice offer. The USF campus may not be a lot of people’s cup of tea, but their new stadium will be a nice draw, and those facilities will only be shared by football and wlax. USF added a new indoor facility this past year and they continue to invest in athletics. It will be interesting to see how they fair in their first full season in the AAC now that Florida has moved on.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

It’s also easy to get these kids in because Clemson has a whopping 43% acceptance rate.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Brownlax wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:34 pm

It’s also easy to get these kids in because Clemson has a whopping 43% acceptance rate.
It’s not known for its academics, neither is Syracuse.
I think there’s a lot of projection going on, the impact remains to be seen. Syracuse still has very strong recruits and I’ll think that program will be just fine.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:01 pm
Very well could be. But It seems like this is happening more and more. KT isn’t the only one doing this these days.
Do you mean KT isnt the only one recruiting commits, or isn't the only one having temper tantrums and threatening club directors when they don't get commits? Honestly only heard of one other coach who takes it out on club directors when she doesn't get a recruit.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Let's be honest. Quite possibly the worst LaxDad in the country will come with her whereever she goes which likely turns off some coaches. Agreed her talent is far beyond where she ended up (for now).
Laxparents

Post by Laxparents »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:46 pm
LiveLaxLove wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:24 pm :)
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:05 am
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:56 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:46 am
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:38 am
Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:45 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:34 am
Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:33 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:23 am
PlayNice wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:16 am
Fischer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:38 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 pm Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
Oh just wait Get the popcorn
And a bottle of wine to go with that popcorn! I think we might be in for a good show!
It could just be a coincidence that these decommits are happening at the same time as the drama but who knows.
Well Joe was pretty oeeved about the conditions provided at cuse for his team during NCAA there’s a lot unfolding atm I personally think AS wanted Clemson all along but had a lot of pressure to go there
Definitely not the drama I’m referring to. As others have said, get your popcorn ready.
Oh me neitherrrr I’m sitting on a juicy tidbit 😂 I just added that to the conversation
Many people already know, it’s not that juicy 😂
Come on. It’s definitely juicy. 🤣
Anyone familiar would have just assumed regardless. Some kids have a shadow 😂. Would not consider it breaking news
I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing.
Seems that everyone is switching teams these days...in more ways than one.
Not the first time this has happened in our sport. And certainly not the last. As long as it doesn’t cross any Human Resources lines, then it really shouldn’t have much of an impact. And certainly not publicly. It happens.
[/quote
Last edited by Laxparents on Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxparents

Post by Laxparents »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 pm Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
And a bottle of wine to go with that popcorn! I think we might be in for a good show!
It could just be a coincidence that these decommits are happening at the same time as the drama but who knows.
Well Joe was pretty oeeved about the conditions provided at cuse for his team during NCAA there’s a lot unfolding atm I personally think AS wanted Clemson all along but had a lot of pressure to go there
Definitely not the drama I’m referring to. As others have said, get your popcorn ready.
Oh me neitherrrr I’m sitting on a juicy tidbit 😂 I just added that to the conversation
Anyone familiar would have just assumed regardless. Some kids have a shadow 😂. Would not consider it breaking news
Not the first time this has happened in our sport. And certainly not the last. As long as it doesn’t cross any Human Resources lines, then it really shouldn’t have much of an impact. And certainly not publicly. It happens.
I don’t think the issue is which “team” someone plays for, love is blind and beautiful. I think the issue is surrounding how a particular party was hired, being faithful to one’s partner, and the hypocrisy for preaching commitment and loyalty, and the rumored incident at the Final Four when attention should have been on the player’s best interests.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Don’t leave us hanging! What happened?
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Laxparents wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:09 pm
I don’t think the issue is which “team” someone plays for, love is blind and beautiful. I think the issue is surrounding how a particular party was hired, being faithful to one’s partner, and the hypocrisy for preaching commitment and loyalty, and the rumored incident at the Final Four when attention should have been on the player’s best interests.
Hypocrisy and lack of commitment and loyalty can be applied to this whole situation, can’t it? Seems like a weird witch hunt into someone’s personal life.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:54 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:01 pm
Very well could be. But It seems like this is happening more and more. KT isn’t the only one doing this these days.
Do you mean KT isnt the only one recruiting commits, or isn't the only one having temper tantrums and threatening club directors when they don't get commits? Honestly only heard of one other coach who takes it out on club directors when she doesn't get a recruit.
I would say both. I’ve also heard stories. We had a coach reach out to our club regarding my daughter not taking a visit. Not to the extent of screaming and losing their turd but more complaining. And the recruiting thing. Yes. They all do it. It’s done on different ways.
LaxEveryDay

Post by LaxEveryDay »

McLax9777 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:31 pm
Hypocrisy and lack of commitment and loyalty can be applied to this whole situation, can’t it? Seems like a weird witch hunt into someone’s personal life.
There has been no weird witch hunt into someone's personal life. That someone made their personal life public when they got caught. More and more people found out because word spreads about misdoings, especially when it's about such a high level coach. If they don't want other people to talk about their affair, then they shouldn't have had an one in the first place
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

still waiting for someone to create another anon username
and generally explain so every post doesn't have to be cloak and dagger and force everyone to piece together posts and guess, probably inaccurately.

#iykyk
cdb

Post by cdb »

Some of the comments about NIL on these boards are confusing. Yes, there is a huge amount of money that leagues have promised to pay athletes, and the dust is beginning to settle on which athletes will get it. Perhaps, the WLAX teams will get more scholarships or whatever. But presently schools like Clemson have NIL collectives that solicit money -- usually from alumni or businesses who have relationships with the school. For example there are many care dealerships run by alumni who may present a car to a player as payment for doing various things to promote the dealership. But usually, alumni contribute to a collective who then will use the money to entice players to either transfer in, not transfer out, or to attract recruits to come to the school. This is the new normal for men's football and basketball and some women's basketball. I have not heard that Clemson or any other school is presently using NIL money for women's Lacrosse. That is why I asked for clarification.

I can certainly see all of the football schools going to full scholarships for all the WLAX players because it is a very easy way to spread the meow around to ensure the school stays within the boundaries of Title Nine.

But NIL is different that a school decided to offer scholarships to all of its students or certain students -- Before the recent court cases, schools that practice what is now called the collectives could be punished severely for breaking NCAA rules. Moreover, the governing bodies that oversee lacrosse leagues will have to make decisions about how all of this will happen -- I doubt they could maintain the present limits because they will be challenged in court.

I am ver interested in knowledgeable responses. TIA
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:36 pm still waiting for someone to create another anon username
and generally explain so every post doesn't have to be cloak and dagger and force everyone to piece together posts and guess, probably inaccurately.

#iykyk
Agree!!!! Just spit it out already. Its an anonymous forum!!
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

LaxEveryDay wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:24 pm
There has been no weird witch hunt into someone's personal life. That someone made their personal life public when they got caught. More and more people found out because word spreads about misdoings, especially when it's about such a high level coach. If they don't want other people to talk about their affair, then they shouldn't have had an one in the first place
Ok, so one of the final 4 coach this year, had an affair? or an asst coach? Is this whats going on?
Laxparents

Post by Laxparents »

LaxEveryDay wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:24 pm
I am curious if the response siting “hypocrisy is on both sides” is intended to imply that these student-athletes, past, present and future, are deserving of the fall out from their coaching staffs’ behavior?!
Last edited by Laxparents on Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”