Hobart 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Bartman

Re: Hobart 2019

Post by Bartman »

Watching the UVA team in the championship reminded me of many of the old Statesmen teams that played with a relentless spirit, aggressiveness and joy for the game. I saw that at times this year in the current Statesmen...we just need more of it.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Fanlax rankings tell an important story about our strength of schedule. Cornell and Syracuse were top 10 teams. 6 of the teams we played were in the bottom 20. We had no victories against upper half teams. I would gladly sacrifice early wins to play tougher teams that will prepare us for the NEC tournament. The goal has to be making the NCAA, and with a strong enough SOS, avoiding the play in. But I am not sure how that sort of change gets made.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:44 pm Fanlax rankings tell an important story about our strength of schedule. Cornell and Syracuse were top 10 teams. 6 of the teams we played were in the bottom 20. We had no victories against upper half teams. I would gladly sacrifice early wins to play tougher teams that will prepare us for the NEC tournament. The goal has to be making the NCAA, and with a strong enough SOS, avoiding the play in. But I am not sure how that sort of change gets made.
The NEC continues to grow and Merrimack, Post/LIU (are they making the move to D1 too?) and NJIT as members/associate members (like us). That makes it even harder to upgrade the OCC schedule.

We could drop St. Bonaventure, Canisius and Siena and try to add a southern team like Richmond, plus Albany and Hofstra, if possible.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”