Maryland 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: Maryland 2023

Post by AreaLax »

IL has been rolling out their top 50 players. They have not dropped the top 10 yet be here is 50 - 11.

Geppert - 34
Kyle - 26
Brett - 22
Logan - 20
Ajax - 12

They have McNaney at 20. Played in 2 champions games, won 1 and was MVP. But they list ND goalie at 16. He never play a final 4 game
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

Four defenders and an attacker. Now let’s see if Wierman is in the top ten. Can’t image he’s not in the Top 50 for 2023.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:18 pm IL has been rolling out their top 50 players. They have not dropped the top 10 yet be here is 50 - 11.

Geppert - 34
Kyle - 26
Brett - 22
Logan - 20
Ajax - 12

They have McNaney at 20. Played in 2 champions games, won 1 and was MVP. But they list ND goalie at 16. He never play a final 4 game

I wouldn’t get too exorcised or encouraged by this IL list. I am not a Duke or PENN fan but Handley and O’Neill not in the top 10? These IL lists are purposely meant to create some controversy so they get more clicks. No idea who is better, mcnanemy or Him, but the Notre Dame Goalie is awfully good. That’s less of a bad rating than several others. Let’s see if they name any other goalies in the top 10……
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

The list is useless but fun in late November. At least Makar isn't ranked behind 3 women defenders, which is how they had it last year. Plus they seemed to have cleaned up the ads debacle.

Seems like the whole Princeton team is in the top 50; they may be unbeatable this year.
O'Neill not in the top 10 is just stupid; he may not be the generational superstar that the experts bestowed upon him, but he's a top player.
Ajax not being the top defender is silly. Trade him with Bowen and Georgetown makes it to the championship game last year.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

keno in reno wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:11 pm The list is useless but fun in late November. At least Makar isn't ranked behind 3 women defenders, which is how they had it last year. Plus they seemed to have cleaned up the ads debacle.

Seems like the whole Princeton team is in the top 50; they may be unbeatable this year.
O'Neill not in the top 10 is just stupid; he may not be the generational superstar that the experts bestowed upon him, but he's a top player.
Ajax not being the top defender is silly. Trade him with Bowen and Georgetown makes it to the championship game last year.
there are a lot of good d men, and not just the top 5 close. my guess adler and bowen will be top 5 (at least 1 of them), and that does sound right to me. if u don't like bowen that much comparatively, i don't think i saw kastner flipping thru, and if not he'll be top 10.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:13 pm
keno in reno wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:11 pm The list is useless but fun in late November. At least Makar isn't ranked behind 3 women defenders, which is how they had it last year. Plus they seemed to have cleaned up the ads debacle.

there are a lot of good d men, and not just the top 5 close. my guess adler and bowen will be top 5 (at least 1 of them), and that does sound right to me. if u don't like bowen that much comparatively, i don't think i saw kastner flipping thru, and if not he'll be top 10.
Kastner will likely be in the final 10. He's good, but Zap was much better last year. Whatever, it's just a dumb preseason list.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

I’d absolutely take Zapitello over Kastner and Bowen. Adler was the best in the country clearly a year ago, that’s fine. But no one else was as good as Zapitello, and as evidenced by his play against Team USA this fall, he’s only getting better
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

Well it's getting closer to the time Fantasy Lacrosse rosters will be locked down for the 2023 season and unfortunately Maryland hasn't posted an updated roster.

We used a first round pick last year on Dante Trader and the window to replace him is closing. Will he play lacrosse this year?

Anyone know?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

PATalk wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:40 am Well it's getting closer to the time Fantasy Lacrosse rosters will be locked down for the 2023 season and unfortunately Maryland hasn't posted an updated roster.

We used a first round pick last year on Dante Trader and the window to replace him is closing. Will he play lacrosse this year?

Anyone know?
Here is tweet that shows the Maryland roster from the scrimmage with the USA team in October
https://twitter.com/kevbrown89/status/1 ... VczoxMuFZw

Probably the best you will get until January
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

keno in reno wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:04 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:13 pm

Kastner will likely be in the final 10. He's good, but Zap was much better last year. Whatever, it's just a dumb preseason list.
it's inevitable most fans would take their guys. they see them all year, in some cases watch them closely.

who even saw bowen last year with whatever setup they have on broadcasts that looked to fleece people?

and i wouldn't trade kastner, either. other than for adler, who while i didn't see him much during the season, looked like another level altogether in the playoffs.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Really interesting pick up for the Terps. UMD doesn't recruit much in MA, so the staff must see something they really like. He's got good size and is a nice open field athlete. What's intriguing imo is that he's spent more time/effort on football to this point, so he may have more untapped potential compared to some who've been lacrosse first since middle school.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:50 pm
Really interesting pick up for the Terps. UMD doesn't recruit much in MA, so the staff must see something they really like. He's got good size and is a nice open field athlete. What's intriguing imo is that he's spent more time/effort on football to this point, so he may have more untapped potential compared to some who've been lacrosse first since middle school.
Big lax family. His two older sisters are at BC. I believe one of them was a top ranked recruit.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Maryland new volunteer assistant Tim O'Branski
https://umterps.com/staff-directory/tim ... Team%20USA.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Guess at the schedule from what I have seen/heard. There maybe one or two neutral sites, but I would not expect to see the MD/UVA game at Audi

Richmond guessing @ CP
Loyola away
Syracuse Feb 18th @ CP
Princeton away
Notre Dame @ CP
Albany away
Virginia away
PSU @ CP
Michigan April 1st @ CP
Rutgers away
OSU away
Hopkins @ CP
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

The Sun’s interview with Hasselbeck. I don’t have a subscription

https://twitter.com/baltimoresun/status ... mQjt7SsXsg
Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

blue angels wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:36 pm
AreaLax wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:18 pm IL has been rolling out their top 50 players. They have not dropped the top 10 yet be here is 50 - 11.

Geppert - 34
Kyle - 26
Brett - 22
Logan - 20
Ajax - 12

I wouldn’t get too exorcised or encouraged by this IL list. I am not a Duke or PENN fan but Handley and O’Neill not in the top 10? These IL lists are purposely meant to create some controversy so they get more clicks. No idea who is better, mcnanemy or Him, but the Notre Dame Goalie is awfully good. That’s less of a bad rating than several others. Let’s see if they name any other goalies in the top 10……
A fun fact Entenmann and McNaney were 1 and 2 coming out of high school. They were team mates on the Senior Under Armor team McNaney played first half had 16 saves and broke the previous record and was MVP of that game. McNaney's first game and win in college was against ND, Entenmann played great had 16 or more saves but lost. Liam and Logan have some really good games against each other.. Maryland has won them all. ND and Entenmann have 2 more years to get the McNaney curse off their back. Time will tell.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”