D1 Mens Lacrosse
joewillie78

Re: Lacrosse Analytics

Post by joewillie78 »

lorin wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:26 am
joewillie78 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:48 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:43 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:33 am Holy hell he’s just doing an analysis and you’re accusing him of being biased with nothing but vitriol and bitterness to retort with.

Bra day is ahead of ONeill in PER game EGA. Vs aggregate.

Thank you idiot judge I rest my case.
I was coming in here to make similar post, but you did it much better than I would. Certainly, pointing out possible flaws in the numbers seems fine, but lorin didn't help his credibility with that exchange.
There’s a history there with that one.

Note neither of us took issue with Gobigreds comment.
My Top 5 were:

1. BIG
2. IVY
3. PATRIOT
4. IVY
5. BE

A little Ivy Bias but pretty fair I would say. Oneill and Gray are also deserving but I think their team success or lack thereof hurts them a bit.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
You always are fair, my post was at lacrosse reference and how they come up with meaningless stats, serious question does someone during the game have a stop watch to track how long every player holds the ball, Juice box boy please go away men are talking here.
Thanks, not always fair as my Cornell and Ivy Bias at times rears its ugly head.
I do try however to listen to everyone's opinions and then form my conclusions.
I agreed in the Brown thread that their coach deserved Ivy coy over our coach.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
lorin

Post by lorin »

joewillie78 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:33 am
lorin wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:26 am
joewillie78 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:48 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:43 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:33 am Holy hell he’s just doing an analysis and you’re accusing him of being biased with nothing but vitriol and bitterness to retort with.

Bra day is ahead of ONeill in PER game EGA. Vs aggregate.

Thank you idiot judge I rest my case.
I was coming in here to make similar post, but you did it much better than I would. Certainly, pointing out possible flaws in the numbers seems fine, but lorin didn't help his credibility with that exchange.
There’s a history there with that one.

Note neither of us took issue with Gobigreds comment.
My Top 5 were:

1. BIG
2. IVY
3. PATRIOT
4. IVY
5. BE

A little Ivy Bias but pretty fair I would say. Oneill and Gray are also deserving but I think their team success or lack thereof hurts them a bit.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
You always are fair, my post was at lacrosse reference and how they come up with meaningless stats, serious question does someone during the game have a stop watch to track how long every player holds the ball, Juice box boy please go away men are talking here.
Thanks, not always fair as my Cornell and Ivy Bias at times rears its ugly head.
I do try however to listen to everyone's opinions and then form my conclusions.
I agreed in the Brown thread that their coach deserved Ivy coy over our coach.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Agree, enough fun for one day, good luck to everyone with your teams.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Last edited by laxreference on Sun May 15, 2022 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:30 am Go read what lacrosseref does to put this together, out of his pocket from his home. What are you creating to try and make this a better experience for others?
+1, and thanks.

lacrosseref has never been anything but patient in his responses, despite some of the hate directed at him. If you don't like his product, ignore it/him. If you disagree with his end results, take issue in a civilized way and argue the methodology; he seems more than willing to discuss theory and offer reasonable defenses of his method. I certainly don't agree with everything his model produces, but I appreciate his efforts.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

laxreference wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:21 am Live Win Probability Links

- Boston U vs Princeton
- Richmond vs Penn
- Saint Joseph's vs Yale
- Virginia vs Brown
Your links don't work. They need to have the https:// after the url=
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

CU77 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:57 pm
laxreference wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:21 am Live Win Probability Links

- Boston U vs Princeton
- Richmond vs Penn
- Saint Joseph's vs Yale
- Virginia vs Brown
Your links don't work. They need to have the https:// after the url=
Thank you for pointing this out. Will be fixed going forward.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

laxreference

Post by laxreference »

laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Live Win Probability Links

- Rutgers vs Penn
- Princeton vs Yale
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Live Win Probability Links

- Delaware vs Cornell
- Virginia vs Maryland
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

This is the current Faceoff Elo rating, which takes each FOGO's win rate and adjusts it to account for the strength of the opponent on every faceoff they've taken. 1500 is the "average" fElo rating.
faceoff_elo_ratings_20220524.jpg
faceoff_elo_ratings_20220524.jpg (134.89 KiB) Viewed 13477 times
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxreference wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:07 pm This is the current Faceoff Elo rating, which takes each FOGO's win rate and adjusts it to account for the strength of the opponent on every faceoff they've taken. 1500 is the "average" fElo rating.

No Cole or Sisselberger is interesting. Anything supporting Hobart is a good metric in my book!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:15 pm
laxreference wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:07 pm This is the current Faceoff Elo rating, which takes each FOGO's win rate and adjusts it to account for the strength of the opponent on every faceoff they've taken. 1500 is the "average" fElo rating.

No Cole or Sisselberger is interesting. Anything supporting Hobart is a good metric in my book!
They were close. Sisselberger ended the year ranked 11th; Cole was 19th.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

So does a newcomer start at 1500?

I'd love to see a graph over time of the ratings of these ten.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Yes, every FOGO is at 1500 when they take their first career draw. I don't have a career trend ready at hand, but it's a great idea. Especially since they span the classes.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Here are the 3 stars for Feb 18th in Division I MLAX
daily_stars_20230218_NCAAD1Men.jpg
daily_stars_20230218_NCAAD1Men.jpg (115.9 KiB) Viewed 12998 times
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Updated LacrosseReference computer ratings through this weekend's games...
lacrossereference_rankings_20230219_NCAAD1Men.jpg
lacrossereference_rankings_20230219_NCAAD1Men.jpg (110.5 KiB) Viewed 12946 times
lorin

Post by lorin »

laxreference wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:13 pm Updated LacrosseReference computer ratings through this weekend's games...

lacrossereference_rankings_20230219_NCAAD1Men.jpg
Please stop, how in the World could Maryland be ahead of Loyola when they gave Maryland a beat down , poll is for 2023, and Duke is rank to high they have a bad lost and Denver took them to OT, and they lost to unranked Air Force do the poll based on play not history of teams.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Only polls w output Lorin agrees with are allowed to be posted! Doesn’t everyone know that by now?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”