BARR

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: BARR

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

agreed, DMac.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Mr. Barr should watch that video, and then he could do himself a big favor and watch this one too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJqq6KCOkdM
This is a big part of the reason so many are very leary of police officers, which is unfortunate for those trying to do a good job.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:23 pm Mr. Barr should watch that video, and then he could do himself a big favor and watch this one too.
This is a big part of the reason so many are very leary of police officers, which is unfortunate for those trying to do a good job.
Great video. I have been through something similar. Christmas vacation 1974 I was driving home from Stanford to Baltimore to spend two weeks with my family. I was a pretty unkempt dude driving a 1969 350 Mustang through eastern New Mexico. Was pulled over by a lone New Mexico State Trooper on the Interstate. No reason for the stop other than my car and unkemptness. Drug searched my car, insisted on seeing my dirty under ware in a cardboard box that was sealed. He pulled a hunting blade out and slit the box open. Stop was clearly bogus but what are you going to do?

At least the guys in the video have a chance at recourse today. You are wrong if you think the video shows anything that would concern Barr or his fascist friends even a little.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Barr: It's deeply offensive to our civil liberties for a presidential administration to investigate its potential successors and/or try to interfere in an election.

Also Barr: The President was absolutely within his rights to ask Ukraine for help digging up dirt on the Bidens.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:37 pm Barr: It's deeply offensive to our civil liberties for a presidential administration to investigate its potential successors and/or try to interfere in an election.

Also Barr: The President was absolutely within his rights to ask Ukraine for help digging up dirt on the Bidens.
Yeah, pretty much exactly what he is saying out of the two side of his jowly mouth. The guy is so deeply in the bag for this venal person, it's just staggering.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:12 am
DMac wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:23 pm Mr. Barr should watch that video, and then he could do himself a big favor and watch this one too.
Great video. I have been through something similar. Christmas vacation 1974 I was driving home from Stanford to Baltimore to spend two weeks with my family. I was a pretty unkempt dude driving a 1969 350 Mustang through eastern New Mexico. Was pulled over by a lone New Mexico State Trooper on the Interstate. No reason for the stop other than my car and unkemptness. Drug searched my car, insisted on seeing my dirty under ware in a cardboard box that was sealed. He pulled a hunting blade out and slit the box open. Stop was clearly bogus but what are you going to do?

At least the guys in the video have a chance at recourse today. You are wrong if you think the video shows anything that would concern Barr or his fascist friends even a little.
Nothing to see there. The police are justified because they are the police.
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

"From a civil liberties standpoint, the greatest danger to our free system is that the incumbent government (Trump) use the apparatus of the state (State and Defense Department) … both to spy on political opponents but also to use them in a way that could affect the outcome of an election like asking Ukraine to investigate Biden," Barr said.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:30 pm
"From a civil liberties standpoint, the greatest danger to our free system is that the incumbent government (Trump) use the apparatus of the state (State and Defense Department) … both to spy on political opponents but also to use them in a way that could affect the outcome of an election like asking Ukraine to investigate Biden," Barr said.
Perfect. Just perfect. Just perfectly odious.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Like the Christie campaign jammed the George Washington Bridge to punish a rival. This tactic ain’t new.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Be careful, or the Big Blue Ego will track you down for not being nice...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Barr doesn’t know if Ukraine interfered in 2016. What a crock.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trinity wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:41 pm Like the Christie campaign jammed the George Washington Bridge to punish a rival. This tactic ain’t new.
It was for a traffic study. The conclusion: if you shut all the lanes, the traffic backs up.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Let the single mom do the nickel.
njbill

Post by njbill »

That’s our Chris. A prince of a fellow.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

In Trump World he’s considered an establishment good guy.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Can't we just let Barr be the AG as well as the FBI director at the same time ? It would save us taxpayers a bunch of money and lead to much quicker and more truthful outcomes regarding the treasonous attacks on our supreme leader.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Editorial content from WaPo:
William Barr’s deceptions are more dangerous than you think. Here’s the latest.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... es-latest/
But Barr’s latest claims about the Russia investigation rest on a serious misrepresentation that has not gotten the focus it deserves — and is more pernicious than it first appears.
One key argument Barr makes is that the FBI’s decision to launch that investigation had a “very flimsy” basis that lacked “sufficient predication.”

Barr casts this as rooted in deeply held pro-democracy principles. He claims “the incumbent government used the apparatus of the state” to “spy on political opponents,” in a way that could have affected “the outcome of the election” and thus posed a “danger to our free system.”

Barr claims there was never any serious evidence of “collusion” and excoriates the FBI for having an inadequate basis for launching the investigation, given the “very potent powers” the FBI has at its disposal. “At the end of the day,” he asks, “is what you’re relying on sufficiently powerful to justify the techniques you’re using?”

And Barr insists the inspector general’s analysis of this was “very limited,” vowing that his own forthcoming review would take a much more thorough look at the investigation’s genesis.
But Barr is leaving out crucial facts and context. In fact, when the FBI launched this investigation, it had already developed an awareness that Russia was undertaking this attack on U.S. democracy — separate and apart from any Trump campaign involvement with it. This was a critical reason the FBI launched its investigation.

The inspector general’s report is very clear and emphatic on this point. As it recounts, at the time the FBI opened the probe in July 2016, it was already aware of extensive efforts by Russia to influence the election.

This didn’t just include an FBI awareness of extensive Russian efforts to hack into Democratic computer systems. As the I.G. notes, it also involved “numerous attempts to hack into state election systems,” including “confirmed access into elements of multiple state or local electoral boards.”

“It was in this context” that the FBI launched its investigation, the I.G. reports, when the FBI learned that a Trump campaign adviser had revealed he’d learned that Russia possessed dirt on Hillary Clinton.

As the decision was intensively debated among top intelligence officials, the I.G. notes, what was already known about the Russian attack was critical. Officials told the I.G. that the new information about the Trump campaign precipitated the investigation, but only on top of the fact that Russia was already “targeting U.S. political institutions” and trying to manipulate the “U.S. democratic process.”

This context, the I.G. concludes, helped provide the FBI with the “legitimate law enforcement purpose” of protecting against “a national security threat or federal crime.”
All this can coexist with an acknowledgment that the I.G. did uncover extensive problems in the investigative process. As Julian Sanchez exhaustively shows, as deserving of reform as those are, they don’t fundamentally undercut the basic fact that this was an attack on our political order, and the primary motivation of those who launched the investigation was to defend it.

By contrast, Trump sought to benefit from it — and is soliciting more of the same again.

Trump wants to make all of those facts disappear. And Barr is effectively using the power of law enforcement to help him do it.
Jim Malone

They are all mutts as far as I can determine!

Post by Jim Malone »

Old House Intelligence Chair Devon Nunes issues memo detailing on FISA fiasco.

New House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff issues memo calling Nunes memo "false"

IG Horowitz issues report confirming Nunes memo and refuting Schiff's memo to a ridiculous degree.

Second IG report issued once again during Congressional hearings that give it little daylight in mainstream media except this one is going to go before committee with its author most likely; and, finally, maybe someone who investigated pursuant to rules of law and evidence will shed some light to American people on how screwed up the R's and D's are that have been elected to all levels of federal state and local governments (they all started somewhere).

And if Schiff's spin of Nunes memo point by point turns out to be false point by point no one will give a crap and that is why the sad state of affairs will continue until the next world war.
CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:37 pm Barr: It's deeply offensive to our civil liberties for a presidential administration to investigate its potential successors and/or try to interfere in an election.

The parent, not the coach.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: They are all mutts as far as I can determine!

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Jim Malone wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:34 pm Old House Intelligence Chair Devon Nunes issues memo detailing on FISA fiasco.

New House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff issues memo calling Nunes memo "false"

IG Horowitz issues report confirming Nunes memo and refuting Schiff's memo to a ridiculous degree.

Second IG report issued once again during Congressional hearings that give it little daylight in mainstream media except this one is going to go before committee with its author most likely; and, finally, maybe someone who investigated pursuant to rules of law and evidence will shed some light to American people on how screwed up the R's and D's are that have been elected to all levels of federal state and local governments (they all started somewhere).

And if Schiff's spin of Nunes memo point by point turns out to be false point by point no one will give a dump and that is why the sad state of affairs will continue until the next world war.

You visited the Federalist site?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 am Editorial content from WaPo:
William Barr’s deceptions are more dangerous than you think. Here’s the latest.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... es-latest/
But Barr’s latest claims about the Russia investigation rest on a serious misrepresentation that has not gotten the focus it deserves — and is more pernicious than it first appears.
One key argument Barr makes is that the FBI’s decision to launch that investigation had a “very flimsy” basis that lacked “sufficient predication.”

Barr casts this as rooted in deeply held pro-democracy principles. He claims “the incumbent government used the apparatus of the state” to “spy on political opponents,” in a way that could have affected “the outcome of the election” and thus posed a “danger to our free system.”

Barr claims there was never any serious evidence of “collusion” and excoriates the FBI for having an inadequate basis for launching the investigation, given the “very potent powers” the FBI has at its disposal. “At the end of the day,” he asks, “is what you’re relying on sufficiently powerful to justify the techniques you’re using?”

And Barr insists the inspector general’s analysis of this was “very limited,” vowing that his own forthcoming review would take a much more thorough look at the investigation’s genesis.
But Barr is leaving out crucial facts and context. In fact, when the FBI launched this investigation, it had already developed an awareness that Russia was undertaking this attack on U.S. democracy — separate and apart from any Trump campaign involvement with it. This was a critical reason the FBI launched its investigation.

The inspector general’s report is very clear and emphatic on this point. As it recounts, at the time the FBI opened the probe in July 2016, it was already aware of extensive efforts by Russia to influence the election.

This didn’t just include an FBI awareness of extensive Russian efforts to hack into Democratic computer systems. As the I.G. notes, it also involved “numerous attempts to hack into state election systems,” including “confirmed access into elements of multiple state or local electoral boards.”

“It was in this context” that the FBI launched its investigation, the I.G. reports, when the FBI learned that a Trump campaign adviser had revealed he’d learned that Russia possessed dirt on Hillary Clinton.

As the decision was intensively debated among top intelligence officials, the I.G. notes, what was already known about the Russian attack was critical. Officials told the I.G. that the new information about the Trump campaign precipitated the investigation, but only on top of the fact that Russia was already “targeting U.S. political institutions” and trying to manipulate the “U.S. democratic process.”

This context, the I.G. concludes, helped provide the FBI with the “legitimate law enforcement purpose” of protecting against “a national security threat or federal crime.”
All this can coexist with an acknowledgment that the I.G. did uncover extensive problems in the investigative process. As Julian Sanchez exhaustively shows, as deserving of reform as those are, they don’t fundamentally undercut the basic fact that this was an attack on our political order, and the primary motivation of those who launched the investigation was to defend it.

By contrast, Trump sought to benefit from it — and is soliciting more of the same again.

Trump wants to make all of those facts disappear. And Barr is effectively using the power of law enforcement to help him do it.
It's how you know Barr is a partisan nutjob. He's playing the same game Hannity and Old Salt has been playing for the last three years:

....he's leaving out the key fact that the FBI was about to clear Trump of illegalities, and this entire investigation into Trump would have lasted a few short monthss. They did their jobs, investigated, found nothing, and were about to move on to other things.

The Trump fired Comey. Trump brought all of this on....and it worked. It solidified his base. They LOVE him now. And (snicker) hate law enforcement now because FoxNation has done Trump's bidding, and made a bunch of lifelong conservatives hate law and order by twisting what really happened.

Millions of FoxNation viewers don't know this. They think this is all one big FBI conspiracy, and that the FBI is filled to the rafters with bomb throwing, liberal hippies looking to burn down the establishment.

This is ridiculous, obviously. But here we are.

Return to “POLITICS”