~21~ Let's Brandon Trump Trolls! ~21~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: Internet Trolls

Post by Matnum PI »

I think that's one of the unique things about (the people within) this forum is that people apologize. People behave as if we're talking to each other in person and not like nameless faceless people. This forum is very different from a typical Facebook Group, Twitter thread, NCAA Football Forum, etc. One of the reasons why this forum deserved being saved.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

The very fact that the originator of this thread denies that HE is a troll is telling. Which is exactly what this thread is, a troll.

Be it not for bandito, I would be next on the "ignore" chopping block. And why? Not because I insult. (first )
Just ask questions. They go unanswered. It becomes boring. Is boring. (cue the insults ) A classic example is my questioning the language of the US Constitution. Even PM'd the guy. No response. Just the original belittling insults. This is NOT the bill of rights (the first) it's Article 1, section 2 (in bold) Yup.....more silence. Although LEGAL, did you hear Jared paid NO income taxes. Or tRump loves Gen. Robert E. Lee? :roll:

SECTION 2
The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.

No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

When vacancies happen in the Representation from any State, the Executive Authority thereof shall issue Writs of Election to fill such Vacancies.

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote:The very fact that the originator of this thread denies that HE is a troll is telling. Which is exactly what this thread is, a troll.

Be it not for bandito, I would be next on the "ignore" chopping block. And why? Not because I insult. (first )
Just ask questions. They go unanswered. It becomes boring. Is boring. (cue the insults ) A classic example is my questioning the language of the US Constitution. Even PM'd the guy. No response. Just the original belittling insults. This is NOT the bill of rights (the first) it's Article 1, section 2 (in bold) Yup.....more silence. Although LEGAL, did you hear Jared paid NO income taxes. Or tRump loves Gen. Robert E. Lee? :roll:

SECTION 2
The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.

No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

When vacancies happen in the Representation from any State, the Executive Authority thereof shall issue Writs of Election to fill such Vacancies.

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.
Really Fatty, you find dis to be a troll?
I'll try on those 'glasses' for a bit to see if I pick up on that, but I don't recall having that reaction in the past.

I actually do have you on "ignore" and you're correct that thankfully it's not because of constant profanity and insults ala the other poster.

On the other hand it's not that you "ask questions". It's that you make it so darn hard to follow what the heck you are saying, whether in the form of a question or in various points you seem to be throwing against the wall. You fly all over the place with so many disjointed statements, as if we have any chance of actually following your logic and knowing what position you are actually taking. Couple that with the constant tone of disdain for anyone else and it really does get wearying.

That said, I do occasionally open up your posts, like this one, to see if perhaps you've reformed your style. I do so because every once in awhile you say something I find quite interesting, regardless of whether I agree with it or not. More often than not you seem to tack harder right than my own views, but that's ok...again, as long as your logic is clear.

I just wish you'd tone down the disdain and help us slower brain types actually know what you're saying.

On this 'example' above re Article 1, I seem to recall considerable back and forth, but I don't clearly recall what your question may have been that you found to be unanswered. What was your actual point?

My best recollection is that it had something to do with there being a cap on the number of Representatives at 435, since the Apportionment Act of 1911. And something about the number not exceeding one per 30 thousand as you quote above (which 435 does not exceed).

So, what didn't get answered?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Biggest Trolls on here:

dislaxxic
Brooklyn
jhu72
Typical Lax Dad
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sure.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:On the other hand it's not that you "ask questions". It's that you make it so darn hard to follow what the heck you are saying, whether in the form of a question or in various points you seem to be throwing against the wall. You fly all over the place with so many disjointed statements, as if we have any chance of actually following your logic and knowing what position you are actually taking. Couple that with the constant tone of disdain for anyone else and it really does get wearying.
Oh my GOD does that say it perfectly! You want to know what's BORING and make everyone WEARY, runfatswheat?? Your posting, that's what. We've endured this for YEARS on LP and now at this place and it's all the same. Same, same, same. Constant circular firing squad.

For the record, i have NEVER put anyone on "Foe". I'm better at just ignoring the boring nonsense that streams forth from the dark recesses.

I have called myself a "leftwingnut". I have NEVER denied being a troll in the sense that i throw arguments out there, most often in posts from around the InterTubes that i find interesting or agree with in some way or other, sometimes that i DON'T agree with...and START A CONVERSATION. Take part in the conversation IF YOU WISH. State your position and DEFEND IT...if you wish. That sort of trolling is often done to draw out the views of another on the topic at hand...for all to see...and BOY, does that work around here. It very often leads to interesting, thoughtful, insightful observations and opinions, conversations i have learned from for years. That is a far cry from the kind of trolling done by our friend Bandito.

Many people choose not to converse with the fat one because it is almost always so dis-jointed and wandering and lotsa time, pretty pointless. Pointless because it's always to stinkin' hard to follow! I'm sure he feels that way about my posts. So you know what? IGNORE MY POSTS, fats. I long ago stopped getting drawn into your circle jerks.

After all, ice cream doesn't have bones.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Looks like someone hasn't visited the forums in about a week, and only had a few posts after the election.

Makes you wonder...
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Most likely a Russian bot all along ...
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Botdito?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote:Botdito?

So bandito was part of a Russian conspiracy to hijack our little forum??? with all the twisted rhetoric I read here it makes perfect sense my yellow friend... ;) I hope you and your family have a great thanksgiving Dis.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This is classic and could be another teaching tool.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

holmes435

Looks like someone hasn't visited the forums in about a week, and only had a few posts after the election.

Makes you wonder...

by dislaxxic »

Botdito?

cradleandshoot

So bandito was part of a Russian conspiracy to hijack our little forum??? with all the twisted rhetoric I read here it makes perfect sense my yellow friend... ;)

Nah, it's our old McCarthyite pal Baldito. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Fringe right still attempting to Swiftboat candidates...

Far-Right Smear Merchants Try to Slime Pete Buttigieg with Bogus Sex Assault Claim

HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Interesting that the headline highlights the "right-wing" status of the nut jobs, but de-emphasizes the fact that the guys who came forward and accused the liars were GOP folks....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

For the first time in all the years i have been on LP and FL, i have invoked the "Ignore" function.

I'd urge others to consider this tactic, in an effort to stop feeding the troll.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

HooDat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:14 pm Interesting that the headline highlights the "right-wing" status of the nut jobs, but de-emphasizes the fact that the guys who came forward and accused the liars were GOP folks....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... mes-surge/

Violent memes and messages surging on far-left social media, a new report finds.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:53 am For the first time in all the years i have been on LP and FL, i have invoked the "Ignore" function.
I'd urge others to consider this tactic, in an effort to stop feeding the troll.
What's frustrating is that some of the top candidates for the ignore function actually have good lacrosse info to share. With this said, as you're speaking to, some times the level of awful in the political posts tips the scale...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

A few strategic "ignores" really enhances the forum, I highly recommend it.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Interesting.

But the Media Forensics Hub goes beyond educating those who study media. It also is designed to empower all users of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media sites to better understand disinformation: how it works, how to spot it and how stop it from spreading.

https://newsstand.clemson.edu/troll-spotting/

I scored 5/8, yikes.

https://spotthetroll.org/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”