W&L 2025

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LetTheBoyWatch

Re:

Post by LetTheBoyWatch »

Gator123456 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:12 pm Early pick for 2025 ODAC POTY? I have a few Gennies in mind

•Hillis Burns clear reasoning here.
•James “Bubby” Haley same reasons as above
I have one dark horse though. From my sources inside the locker room, I hear that this player has a ton of passion for the game and is an absolute locker room presence. Hope to see a breakout senior campaign from this guy. All American potential at Dmid
•Mikel Zahralddin
I think we all know who’s dad “Gator” is.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: W&L 2025

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Any opportunities in the transfer portal this year for the Generals. They’ve had phenomenal success with players who have transferred in. Taking out any consideration for injuries, and assuming all those who were hit by the injury bug last season return, one could make a case that the team may be better than last season. At least on paper .
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

Any word on how the guys looked today in Ocean City against the Blue Dogs (Lebanon Valley)? I saw they won 9-5.
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

If most of the team is vertical at game time from the night before/day of, I think that's a win!
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

Ha, that is a valid point Mayor!
Dehuntshigwa’es

W&L with 9 recruits to date, anything else on the horizon, transfers?

W&L returns to the Mustang Classic, taking on St. Lawrence and Dickinson. Despite losing both games last season I have to think it was a beneficial exercise getting prepared for both the ODAC and NCAA tournaments. Looks like all last years participants return except York
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

Looks as if Blair Brennan has chosen to stick with just lacrosse this year over football. Matson and Shallcross are poised to play both.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Might be a great call for him. Don’t know if it was an injury but he did not play after the second Lynchburg game. Wish Matson and Shallcross good luck on the gridiron but it’s tough to play 2 sports in college. Missing fall ball for a freshman doesn’t help come spring. Both these players look like they will be contributors at some point, good athletes
W&Lacrosse75

Re: Re:

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:24 pm Might be a great call for him. Don’t know if it was an injury but he did not play after the second Lynchburg game. Wish Matson and Shallcross good luck on the gridiron but it’s tough to play 2 sports in college. Missing fall ball for a freshman doesn’t help come spring. Both these players look like they will be contributors at some point, good athletes

I think injuries and maintaining academics are the biggest potential challenges. Hope for the best.
LetTheBoyWatch wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:25 am
Gator123456 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:12 pm Early pick for 2025 ODAC POTY? I have a few Gennies in mind

•Hillis Burns clear reasoning here.
•James “Bubby” Haley same reasons as above
I have one dark horse though. From my sources inside the locker room, I hear that this player has a ton of passion for the game and is an absolute locker room presence. Hope to see a breakout senior campaign from this guy. All American potential at Dmid
•Mikel Zahralddin
I think we all know who’s dad “Gator” is.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Shallcross and Matson will be interesting to see if they get time this fall. BTW this kid Axley from Highland Park playing football can he be turned to the dark side. Believe he played lax there under Pressler. 5’10” 190 , 4.52 forty benches 325. Wish he played a spring sport
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

I saw that a number of the football team played lax in high school. Maybe they could be like a reserve “farm system” if there are injuries.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Looking at a number of posts on lax power and having had conversations with individuals about the semi final with Salisbury comments ranged from Berkman was outcoached, they played a weak schedule, W&L was lucky and W&L simply outplayed them. First, Berkman was not outcoached, maybe Salisbury was peeking over the horizon looking towards Tufts but with a 7 goal lead halfway thru the second qtr I would too. I did not think Salisbury’s schedule was particularly weak, similar to past seasons. Was W&L lucky? When you are down 7 goals no doubt you can use a break. The point I’d make here is that in the second qtr with 5 penalties it did take the ball out of the Gulls O( they did manage to score 5 in the second). Gulls man down unit had a 75% shut down rate for the season, so I’d give credit to W&L’s man up group going 5 for 9 on the day for playing well. Momentum was key in this contest, when Salisbury went man down and Spano kept winning at the dot creating a 10-6 game at the half the Gennies I think knew they were in the game. Lastly Spano w 3 goals off the draw was a dagger. One of the most demoralizing plays in lax is a fogo taking to the hoop and he did it 3x. I also thought DeCain made some Saves (7) in the second half that were timely. And as far as lucky check the stats the Generals might have had more. They hit the pipe six times!
richard

Post by richard »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:51 pm Looking at a number of posts on lax power and having had conversations with individuals about the semi final with Salisbury comments ranged from Berkman was outcoached, they played a weak schedule, W&L was lucky and W&L simply outplayed them. First, Berkman was not outcoached, maybe Salisbury was peeking over the horizon looking towards Tufts but with a 7 goal lead halfway thru the second qtr I would too. I did not think Salisbury’s schedule was particularly weak, similar to past seasons. Was W&L lucky? When you are down 7 goals no doubt you can use a break. The point I’d make here is that in the second qtr with 5 penalties it did take the ball out of the Gulls O( they did manage to score 5 in the second). Gulls man down unit had a 75% shut down rate for the season, so I’d give credit to W&L’s man up group going 5 for 9 on the day for playing well. Momentum was key in this contest, when Salisbury went man down and Spano kept winning at the dot creating a 10-6 game at the half the Gennies I think knew they were in the game. Lastly Spano w 3 goals off the draw was a dagger. One of the most demoralizing plays in lax is a fogo taking to the hoop and he did it 3x. I also thought DeCain made some Saves (7) in the second half that were timely. And as far as lucky check the stats the Generals might have had more. They hit the pipe six times!
Salisbury has made a living coming out in the second half and slamming the door on its opponent no matter the score or the opponent. W&L was having none of it in this game. That goes to coaching and team mentality. At that point I don’t think Salisbury was prepared and had no response especially with face offs not going their way. W&L recognized what was going on and stayed steady, again good coaching. OT was what it was.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

https://capital.madlax.com/manser?subseason=265451

Looks like 2025 Recruit number 10, Emerson Manser, will contribute immediately. Attackman, goes both ways great, quick, a finisher, like what I see so far. On same summer league team as Generals recruit Eli Smink.

valaxfan
90sGeneral

Post by 90sGeneral »

How is the team looking in terms of injuries? J.A. back to 100%?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”