National Championship — Northwestern vs. Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxPundit07

Re: National Championship — Northwestern vs. Boston College

Post by LaxPundit07 »

NJBill. It did not hit her shin. WHILE IN MID AIR, she throws her foot out to try to make the stop and she does. If you think the ball just so happened to hit her, you don’t know goalkeeping. Sorry. I know you are admittedly disappointed at the result, but nothing about that save is lucky.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Huh? It didn’t hit her shin? You might want to look at the replay.

My post was in response to your saying the save was “so unbelievably good.” Maybe you were rooting for BC and got caught up in the moment with your hyperbole. That’s fine. Congratulations to your team.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Was not rooting for BC at all. Don’t have a dog in the fight. Really appreciate KAH greatness at NW. No hyperbole either. Does shin or foot really matter? It didn’t just magically appear there. It arrived there intentionally, while in mid air. I think you are caught up in the moment of a loss if you can’t appreciate that. Sorry about your loss.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Congrats BC. Good game all around by the end. Dolce had an amazing finish but still I am not fully convinced if she is all that and deserves all-american recognition with how good BC defense is. I wish Laliberty could’ve made a few more saves at the end. Can never root for BC, as a UNC fan but they deserved this title. 6-0 was a big deficit and they came back. I honestly thought they were too good to get blown out again and if it happened again. I would think AWW might have to become better tactically. I do think tho that Scane not being able to make a huge difference early helped BC because it stopped Northwestern from taking all the momentum. The covid year era is ending for the stars at these talented schools, except for the Ivy. A great end to a season.

Now I also do wonder how Northwestern can replace all the seniors presence. I would say go for Miles and the other great Ivy players. Otherwise, hopefully they can develop other players better. I think BC will be unanimously #1, with some great returners. But, I think they will get good transfers (like last year) and their recruits will be good.

I wonder who the next player that puts up monster numbers will be. Humphrey? Ozburn? I hope it would be.
njbill

Post by njbill »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:06 pm Was not rooting for BC at all. Don’t have a dog in the fight. Really appreciate KAH greatness at NW. No hyperbole either. Does shin or foot really matter? It didn’t just magically appear there. It arrived there intentionally, while in mid air. I think you are caught up in the moment of a loss if you can’t appreciate that. Sorry about your loss.
You keep changing what you are saying about the save. Now, with your third rephrasing, I agree with you.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

njbill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:10 pm [quote=LaxPundit07 post_id=557281 time=<a href="tel:1716750360">1716750360</a> user_id=1401]
Was not rooting for BC at all. Don’t have a dog in the fight. Really appreciate KAH greatness at NW. No hyperbole either. Does shin or foot really matter? It didn’t just magically appear there. It arrived there intentionally, while in mid air. I think you are caught up in the moment of a loss if you can’t appreciate that. Sorry about your loss.
You keep changing what you are saying about the save. Now, with your third rephrasing, I agree with you.
[/quote]

I haven’t changed anything. Nothing she did was lucky. It was intentional. It was athletic. It was extremely difficult and not all goalies are athletic enough to do it. And she did it with under a minute to play in a national championship while up one. Is there a bigger moment? Not sure how any of that is hyperbole.

Enjoy your MDW weekend. I most certainly will knowing you now agree with me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, I guess we are back to square one. We disagree.

Yes, it was an athletic move to kick her leg out after it was clear the shot had beaten her stick. That was the “good” part of the save. But she was also lucky the ball hit her shin.

The bottom line is she made the save. Whether you think it was 100% skill or I think it was more lucky than good doesn’t really matter.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

BC is building a dynasty. But losing the national championship doesn’t make you a dynasty so I say at least 2 more in the next 3 years to be a dynasty.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Congrats to BC. A well earned win. Once they settled in they continued to battle and got it done. Thought the plan to try to faceguard Scane and especially Coykendall worked well once possession evened out. Lot of 1v1 that wasn't as consistent after the opening minutes whereas BC's ball movement got them a lot of looks. Dolce was great in the end and while she didn't have great numbers overall made the stops when it mattered most.
If BC can replace the senior leadership, wouldn't surprise me if they win it again next year. Northwestern will have to retool a little bit. Hard to lose two players like Scane and Coykendall in the same year and pick up exactly where you left off.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

njbill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:22 pm Well, I guess we are back to square one. We disagree.

Yes, it was an athletic move to kick her leg out after it was clear the shot had beaten her stick. That was the “good” part of the save. But she was also lucky the ball hit her shin.

The bottom line is she made the save. Whether you think it was 100% skill or I think it was more lucky than good doesn’t really matter.
There goes my weekend! 😂
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

njbill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:51 pm Disappointing result, but an exciting game. Northwestern had two point blank looks at the end and couldn’t cash.
I loved that play on the free position at the end. It was there just dolce came up big. Sure some are gonna second guess and say she should’ve shot but they had a point blank look to tie it and it took a kick save to keep them out.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

njbill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:22 pm Well, I guess we are back to square one. We disagree.

True, the bottom line is she made the save. It’s an opinion to think it’s lucky. I think she made an insane save but there was also the luck that the ball went there. She couldn’t fully place her leg where she KNEW the ball would go, she put her leg where she thought the ball would go. And it just shows how insane the play was.

So honestly no it wasn’t all luck the ball magically didn’t land a place and Dolce randomly put her leg there. Dolce saved the ball and it was insane, not luck.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:36 pm

True, the bottom line is she made the save. It’s an opinion to think it’s lucky. I think she made an insane save but there was also the luck that the ball went there. She couldn’t fully place her leg where she KNEW the ball would go, she put her leg where she thought the ball would go. And it just shows how insane the play was.

So honestly no it wasn’t all luck the ball magically didn’t land a place and Dolce randomly put her leg there. Dolce saved the ball and it was insane, not luck.
Good luck, dude.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

jff97 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:32 pm If BC can replace the senior leadership, wouldn't surprise me if they win it again next year. Northwestern will have to retool a little bit. Hard to lose two players like Scane and Coykendall in the same year and pick up exactly where you left off.
Agreed! I think BC has stellar recruits coming in, but they might not be able to replace the seniors skill and leadership so I wouldn’t be surprised if BC goes for a good midfielder or defender in the portal. Northwestern will go to the portal too, could see both Miles transferring to NW.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Relax77 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:33 pm
njbill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:51 pm Disappointing result, but an exciting game. Northwestern had two point blank looks at the end and couldn’t cash.
I loved that play on the free position at the end. It was there just dolce came up big. Sure some are gonna second guess and say she should’ve shot but they had a point blank look to tie it and it took a kick save to keep them out.
It was a cool play. It gave them an open, point-blank look. That’s all you can ask for. Even if the shot had gone in, who knows what would’ve happened in the last few seconds of the game or in overtime.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Fun game, but these women's rules need to change. Way too many stoppages of play. This game took nearly 3 hours. Made calls that a newer fan has no idea what happened. Action that is a a penalty in the middle of the field, but a play-on inside the restraining line? Huh?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Big Dog wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:48 pm Fun game, but these women's rules need to change. Way too many stoppages of play. This game took nearly 3 hours. Made calls that a newer fan has no idea what happened. Action that is a a penalty in the middle of the field, but a play-on inside the restraining line? Huh?
That was a new one for all of us this year. IMO it hasn’t been all that well received, so we’ll see if it sticks around.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:52 pm
Big Dog wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:48 pm Fun game, but these women's rules need to change. Way too many stoppages of play. This game took nearly 3 hours. Made calls that a newer fan has no idea what happened. Action that is a a penalty in the middle of the field, but a play-on inside the restraining line? Huh?
That was a new one for all of us this year. IMO it hasn’t been all that well received, so we’ll see if it sticks around.
At least they called it tight on both sides in the title game. But still way too many stoppages.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Not to pile on the NCAA in what has been a lousy week for them, but the Live Stats for the national championship game were a joke. No team stats, no DCs, no CTs, no cards/card count WTH? .
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:10 pm Not to pile on the NCAA in what has been a lousy week for them, but the Live Stats for the national championship game were a joke. No team stats, no DCs, no CTs, no cards/card count WTH? .
I dread the live stats every year for the NCAA tournament. They’re terrible. They were also an entire quarter behind for one of the semi finals. No 3rd quarter stats at all until the 3rd quarter was pretty much over.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”