2024 All-Americans

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Madlax59

Re: 2024 All-Americans

Post by Madlax59 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:29 pm I would like for someone to explain to me (rationally, using facts) how Shea Dolce(BC) is the 2nd team Goalie ahead of Cuocco(Drexel) and Sterling(MD)? And use something other than her "clutch gene" and that BC is in a Power 5 conference and they won.

Another interesting omission...Emma Ward(Syracuse)...42g, 37a...one of the best pure Crease Attacks in D1...HM on Inside Lacrosse...and NADA on the IWLCA list. Have they ever watched her play?

I don't have much of a problem with the other selections, but the Goalie thing is a mystery. And the IWLCA is the coaches' association. What is the criteria being used to make selections?
I was confused about Emma ward as well.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

IWLCA is much better than the nonsense IL puts out. An example being a player on IL AA was not a starter at her M position whose stats were 21 g, 4 a, 27 gb, 20 to , 14 ct. The starter not on IL list stats 49 g, 4a , 24gb, 9 to, 14 ct . The other starter also had better stats . While I get stats dont tell the whole story but have watched them many times this season and there was a reason 1 started and the other did not. The difference is IL has hyped the AA and not the other. IL does this constantly , this is not the only example. By the way IWLCA had the starter as AA .
Hello

Post by Hello »

Obviously so many girls from the HM IL AA list not recognized by IWLCA AA and a few on the IWLCA list who were totally overlooked by IL.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

NULax2 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:33 am That’s embarrassing, Rachael Clark second team AA is listed as playing for UVA instead of the correct school, BC.

https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... -americans

WOW! I didn't even notice that error. That is inexcusable.
And I also realized that the 2024 Ivy Attacker of the Year...MIA MASCONE(Brown) did not make ANY of the IWLCA teams. Is that merely an oversight? Jenna Collignon(Yale), a terrific player, made Third Team AA, but she wasn't selected as the Ivy Attacker of the Year. Mia Mascone IS the Ivy Attacker of the Year.
Does that not seem strange or is it much ado about nothing?
jff97

Post by jff97 »

IWLCA recognized their players of the year yesterday. No real issues about any of the choices from me, but I'm sure somebody on here will find a reason to complain.
Player and Attacker of the Year: Izzy Scane, Northwestern
Midfielder of the Year: Chase Boyle, Loyola
Defender of the Year: Sydney Scales, Boston College
Goalkeeper of the Year: Erin O'Grady, Michigan

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”