Albany 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxwatch2007

Re: Albany 2019

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

I watched the second half of the Syracuse game this afternoon expecting to see #1 light it up in the dome. Unfortunately, he seemed to spend most of his time standing around. I also saw him take a silly penalty at a time when the Dames were not yet completely out of the game. Does anyone know if he is injured?

I was also more than a little disappointed to see Coach Marr take 3 bench penalties, effectively sealing the win for Syracuse. Yes, the ref’s clearly missed the call when a Syracuse player used his off stick hand to advance the ball. Unfortunately, Marr greatly compounded the error in favor of Syracuse by incurring a 3 minute non-releaseable penalty. It really was a bad example for his players.

On to Drexel which lost at home in OT to #14 Highpoint this afternoon.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Nanticoke came off and had his leg taped in 1st qtr. Then he took an uncharacteristic rest in 2nd half...something was up.

It's ironic that Marr was seen calmly counseling Nanticoke in the penalty box after #1 took that "silly penalty" only to completely lose it in 4th, clearly dropping F-bomb on air, when Danes were still in the game. Badly missed call but come on.

Could be a tough year for Danes...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

As an observer and a father of 2 college lacrosse players, I kinda' feel for Nanticoke. He has been propped up by people like Carc and Anish that use teenage adjectives to cast him as the second coming. And if you understand anything about his culture you would know that is counter to their beliefs, they play for a unique authentic reason, quite different than the majority of players. Our Lax Bro culture, especially online, need to lay off and find a way to balance their excited judgement.

I know nothing about his personal status, other than no Father figure around except coach Marr, but having empathy about the position he is in must be quite challenging, I would not be surprised to see him roll out of Albany, Marr may very well be filling a vacuum...one that he quite certainly would chose over the sport any day.

I wish the absolute best for the young man, I coached against him in a couple tournaments, he was fun to watch.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DaneFan

Post by DaneFan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:08 am Nanticoke came off and had his leg taped in 1st qtr. Then he took an uncharacteristic rest in 2nd half...something was up.

It's ironic that Marr was seen calmly counseling Nanticoke in the penalty box after #1 took that "silly penalty" only to completely lose it in 4th, clearly dropping F-bomb on air, when Danes were still in the game. Badly missed call but come on.

I think the fat lady was warmed up when that play happened. I'm not sure what it looked like on TV, but there were a lot of high hits, you could hear the helmets cracking, and I think that one was the straw that broke the camel's back with a lot of frustration. It's always disappointing to see a coach lose his cool. Hopefully a lot of growth between now and next Saturday.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:08 am Nanticoke came off and had his leg taped in 1st qtr. Then he took an uncharacteristic rest in 2nd half...something was up.

What can one expect ?
This is Division I, where as Quint K says, you want to make them taste their own blood, whatever that means.

Still, they’ve been knocking off teams left and right the last 5 - 6 years.
They lost a lot of players.
And teams will take advantage of that.

Yet, the Danes look like the tops in the AE, though I wouldn’t sell UMBCs defense short.
So then, the thinking is, Marr will have the guys together come tournament time.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Maybe...what about Vermont?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

After watching replays, the body check Bomberry laid on #1 may have had something to do with it :shock:

https://twitter.com/Dan_Aburn/status/10 ... ny%2F53776
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

Drexel, trailing Michigan by 3 goals with about 5 mins left in the 4th quarter, scores game-tying goal with 8 seconds left and then wins it in the 2nd OT.

Should be interesting game on Saturday.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

NCAA suspends Tehoka Nanticoke indefinitely for social media post
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Inside Lacrosse article on Nanticoke suspension:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... post/53900
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
molo

Post by molo »

"Third rate stringing company"
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I think Marr is ‘lawyering up’ with that phrasing :lol:
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Suspension is over. He will play tomorrow
molo

Post by molo »

They almost beat Cornell without him. Will they beat UMass, who almost beat Yale, with him?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

molo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:24 pm They almost beat Cornell without him. Will they beat UMass, who almost beat Yale, with him?
Good question. Dane offense vs Big Red looked damn good from here...UMass a handful but usually struggles vs Albany.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:21 pm Suspension is over. He will play tomorrow
Good. If what we have read in articles is the full story, the punishment did not fit the crime. Give him a warning, tell him not to do it again, and move on. It wasn't a big deal.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Has anyone seen the Nanticoke post, to know what it said or to share it here? It's hard for me to guess what rule might have been broken, which probably explains why the NCAA cried no foul so fast.

It sounds like Albany informally checked with the NCAA, and then proactively held him out as a precaution. By Monday's end, the NCAA decided it's a non-issue.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I don't know, and I have not seen the post. I follow lacrosse on Instagram, and the nature of the medium's interaction is that people mention their friends as a matter of course. Based on Coach Marr's comments, I assume that TN#1 mentioned the name of a friend who strings sticks (there are quite a lot of stick stringers on Instagram) and that triggered someone in NCAA Compliance. My guess is that the innocence of the "tag" allowed the suspension to be lifted quickly.

One stringer on line noted that he had just "given credit to the stringer". Which, subsequently was determined to not be an "endorsement".

He has over 37,000 followers, which makes him fairly conspicuous (as reference, Rob Pannell has 112,000, and Kyle Harrison has 76,000).
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Why the secrecy about the company or the post?

Seems odd that no one is reporting who, what, etc etc.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”