The stick

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: The stick

Post by wgdsr »

one of the things on "sticks" that i rarely see talked about is the technology that's advanced for mesh. not only can you have a game ready stick pretty quickly, and it can survive weather, wet, etc. better, but those still pictures you see and shout "that stick's illegal by a mile!!!"

it's not. the elasticity built into modern mesh allows players to step into a stick check with utmost confidence. illegal in the moment of hard cradle/shot windup? yes. stick check? no.

this is probably my fave product marketing for it:
https://themeshdynasty.com/products/rek ... string-kit

called rekoil.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:58 am
shaadb-man wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:03 am Titanium heads and graphite shafts, balls with insane spin, get out of here that it isn't close to what lacrosse innovations have. Woods were wood!

WR gloves you can catch a ball one handed

swim suits that have shed seconds off times, 2024 olympic approved for now are suppose to be similar to the full suits that were banned after the '08 Olympics

Bike frames and rims in carbon fiber making lighter and stronger

tennis rackets using carbon fiber and synthetic strings

All on par to what the stick has seen
Golf bans a ton of heads, shafts balls and other equipment that performs too well. We could be hitting the ball further and straighter.

Swimming banned full suits as well as buoyant suits, still in effect for 2024. We could have even faster times.

NCAA bats were deadened for performance and safety. MLB doesn't allow metal bats.

Basketball moved the 3-point line further back to make it harder to score.

A number of the grippy football gloves are illegal. Some are legal.

Track banned certain shoes that were too fast.

Tennis bans a variety of rackets and stringing techniques, and limits the size.

We can let technology advance the sport and yet still limit it to preserve certain things that make it great.
Particularly if the “advance,” in this case a super fkexible head with a “bag” construct (sidewalks and geometry) completely change some of the fundamentals of the game.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:29 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:37 am
shaadb-man wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:10 am This is a real get off my lawn subject. I guess everyone here has stopped watching golf as well right?
You watch golf? Even when I take clients to the PGA I just sit and makes sure they are getting enough booze to give me state secrets in a tent. Didn’t think people actually watched golf. We had that tent where Lynn Swann greets you at the masters a few years and almost no one in there watched much of the golf.

Oh and pimento cheese is garbage; if Coca Cola is the Champaign of the south (it’s not I still like Pepsi better and I live three blocks from a big park of land donated by the candler family which we benefit from), then pimento cheese is the port wine cheese of the south.
Cheerwine.
Has it once not my jam.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Late Slide wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:10 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:37 am
shaadb-man wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:10 am This is a real get off my lawn subject. I guess everyone here has stopped watching golf as well right?
You watch golf? Even when I take clients to the PGA I just sit and makes sure they are getting enough booze to give me state secrets in a tent. Didn’t think people actually watched golf. We had that tent where Lynn Swann greets you at the masters a few years and almost no one in there watched much of the golf.

Oh and pimento cheese is garbage; if Coca Cola is the Champaign of the south (it’s not I still like Pepsi better and I live three blocks from a big park of land donated by the candler family which we benefit from), then pimento cheese is the port wine cheese of the south.
Defaming pimento cheese sandwiches are fighting words.
I can respect a man who fights for his food. Your wrong but I can respect it .
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”