Army 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
OCanada

Re: Army 2024

Post by OCanada »

Wiki shows them winning a title in 1969 which woukd have been shared with Hopkins and MD?
molo

Post by molo »

Sounds right to me. That would be my second year. 1970 was the year of the strike, another year of co or tri champs, I believe.
coda

Post by coda »

This announcer is really into this game. That or cocaine is a hell of a drug
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

That team is dangerous,

their motor is constantly running.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

coda wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:32 pm This announcer is really into this game. That or cocaine is a hell of a drug
That guy is awesome. I commented on him last year.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Interesting behavior on the Army bench. So much for "close-order" discipline. They appear to be another bunch of lax bruhs. Nothing wrong with that, per se, but let's take them down off the public encomium pedestal, huh?

Want respect for service to your country? Earn it. Chorus line dance moves on the sidelines do not engender confidence in judgement. Otherwise you're nothing more than a bunch of inchoate boys.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Finster

Post by Finster »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:06 pm Interesting behavior on the Army bench. So much for "close-order" discipline. They appear to be another bunch of lax bruhs. Nothing wrong with that, per se, but let's take them down off the public encomium pedestal, huh?

Want respect for service to your country? Earn it. Chorus line dance moves on the sidelines do not engender confidence in judgement. Otherwise you're nothing more than a bunch of inchoate boys.

Lighten up, Francis, they’re having fun. And, they’ve earned that right.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Finster wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:11 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:06 pm Interesting behavior on the Army bench. So much for "close-order" discipline. They appear to be another bunch of lax bruhs. Nothing wrong with that, per se, but let's take them down off the public encomium pedestal, huh?

How so? How are they substantively different that the average, mentally incomplete male? As I said, expected and understandable.

What I take issue with is the constant genuflection and public corn extraction. Want to show me respect for the service of the military and other civil servants?

Fix the VA. Address veteran homelessness and mental health issues. But spare me the weak magnetic yellow ribbons and other performative nonsense.

As people like to say, "see something, say something."

“Everything's already been said, but since nobody was listening, we have to start again.”
― Andre Gide
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

dbg thing to write. Also,not sure of your proper usage of your SAT words bucko.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Army,

two straight weeks, Number One,

unheard of by a Service Academy in the modern era - I'd bet.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

When was the last time Army was ranked #1? 1960s maybe?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:23 pm

dbg thing to write. Also,not sure of your proper usage of your SAT words bucko.
I am. The dictionary is free, friend. Avail yourself.
Red4Life

Post by Red4Life »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:21 pm

How so? How are they substantively different that the average, mentally incomplete male? As I said, expected and understandable.

What I take issue with is the constant genuflection and public corn extraction. Want to show me respect for the service of the military and other civil servants?

Fix the VA. Address veteran homelessness and mental health issues. But spare me the weak magnetic yellow ribbons and other performative nonsense.

As people like to say, "see something, say something."

“Everything's already been said, but since nobody was listening, we have to start again.”
― Andre Gide
Fellahs - I love seeing the sideline spirit - without question - as a nation - we are fortunate that there are young men who will someday put their lives on the line to protect the freedom we enjoy every day. I. for one, feel the service academy rosters are filled with incredibly driven disciplined young adults - and with clear conscience can attest this is not the case with many of the D 1 rosters we all root for!

What have they done to earn “it”one skeptical poster has asked - plenty to get here and plenty more in the years to come!

So to echo the sentiments of an earlier reply “ lighten up Francis”!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Again, the actual real story,

Cadets are Number One for second straight week (Monday morning).
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

Red4Life wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:43 pm
Fellahs - I love seeing the sideline spirit - without question - as a nation - we are fortunate that there are young men who will someday put their lives on the line to protect the freedom we enjoy every day. I. for one, feel the service academy rosters are filled with incredibly driven disciplined young adults - and with clear conscience can attest this is not the case with many of the D 1 rosters we all root for!

What have they done to earn “it”one skeptical poster has asked - plenty to get here and plenty more in the years to come!

PizzaSnake is a troll = DFTT
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ExLax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:05 pm

crazy . always about him.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

As an USNA grad and retired Navy Captain: good on them. That is good order and discipline. The military is not a social science experiment. It is management of violence and ordinance on target. They crossed no line except one you arbitrarily created. I love the spirit, camaraderie and teamwork.

If you don’t, fine. Your opinion.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Army's success is welcome relief. A different target for the anti-military trolls.
NCC

Post by NCC »

Discourse is welcome however here is something to consider:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt

“Citizen in a Republic” Speech
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm
ExLax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:05 pm

crazy . always about him.
always is
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”