*POWER* Conferences

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Leonard Washington

Re: *POWER* Conferences

Post by Leonard Washington »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:22 pm
Seen Tufts v Springfield 3x (ex 2021) over the last 4 years. They play every year in the Lax for Lindsey game in honor of the Sprinfield coach's deceased daughter. Two blow outs with one kind'a close at the half, and then Tufts ran away. MIT and Tufts scrimmaged in 2020. MIT could not get the ball into the restraining box on offense, and resorted to having a dmid stand at the end line so that MIT could get possession on a missed Tufts' shot. So MIT played 5v6 above GLE. I saw that once in HS ball so I recognized it. The other parents were befuddled. I realize that MIT had a big time transfer over the last couple that changed the dynamic, but assume back to the norm this year and beyond.
Thank you for the clarification and follow up. Can we actually judge a team or teams using Tufts as the measuring stick :lol: ? Other that the top 5% in DIII, what teams are able to actually make it a game, let alone competitive, against the Jumbos? 8-)

Transfer or not, MIT did beat Hamilton and Trinity "recently", along with Springfield beating beating Amherst. Will that change this year and for the future? Possibly. Only guarantees in life are death, taxes and a rule change in college lacrosse every two years (because we can, not because we have to). ;)
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:40 am
Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:22 pm
Seen Tufts v Springfield 3x (ex 2021) over the last 4 years. They play every year in the Lax for Lindsey game in honor of the Sprinfield coach's deceased daughter. Two blow outs with one kind'a close at the half, and then Tufts ran away. MIT and Tufts scrimmaged in 2020. MIT could not get the ball into the restraining box on offense, and resorted to having a dmid stand at the end line so that MIT could get possession on a missed Tufts' shot. So MIT played 5v6 above GLE. I saw that once in HS ball so I recognized it. The other parents were befuddled. I realize that MIT had a big time transfer over the last couple that changed the dynamic, but assume back to the norm this year and beyond.
Thank you for the clarification and follow up. Can we actually judge a team or teams using Tufts as the measuring stick :lol: ? Other that the top 5% in DIII, what teams are able to actually make it a game, let alone competitive, against the Jumbos? 8-)

Transfer or not, MIT did beat Hamilton and Trinity "recently", along with Springfield beating beating Amherst. Will that change this year and for the future? Possibly. Only guarantees in life are death, taxes and a rule change in college lacrosse every two years (because we can, not because we have to). ;)
Tough to judge anyone against Tufts because if we are using them as the baseline then Lynchburg (4-19), Stevens (7-21), Cabrini (7-24), Union (7-13), Wesleyan (16-25), Middlebury (6-19) and York (7-22) would all be consider mediocre teams as well then

I agree with Babson, This is not your fathers MIT lax; yes they did benefit from transfers but have a solid core and maybe the best player in the conference in their Sophomore middie lefty.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

MIT is 29 and 7 in the last two years with wins over RPI, Williams, and Amherst. to just disregard them because they lost a scrimmage to Tufts in 2020 shows you haven't been following D3 lax recently
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:40 am MIT is 29 and 7 in the last two years with wins over RPI, Williams, and Amherst. to just disregard them because they lost a scrimmage to Tufts in 2020 shows you haven't been following D3 lax recently
I follow D3 lax really closely. After all, I have done the weekly poll the last 3-4 years. MIT has been buoyed by Gephardt the past two years. I assume he is now gone. He was a really talented attackman. He had 12 points v each of WNEC and Hamlton last year.

Here is an excerpt from MIT's site:
"Gebhardt broke the NCAA Division III record for career points last Saturday as he surpassed the mark of 451 which was set by Jason Coffman of Salisbury University in 1996. Last season, Gebhardt became the NCAA all-time leader in career goals with his total currently at 347."

The MIT coach can't recruit. Although he is a good guy and good coach by all accounts, and he does all he can to get talented lax players to apply, admissions gives little weight to his recommendations. There were two kids on Tufts roster last year who were recruited to MIT, but could not get admitted. And those kids were/are really, really talented students.
Kenyonfan

Post by Kenyonfan »

New to the NCAC group, as my son will arrive next Fall. Had interest from a number of the "power conferences", but just loved the Keyon coaching staff, and the opportunity to compete that the NCAC provides. I think the NCAC has amazing momentum going forward, and the non-conference teams they are scheduling show how serious they are about competing and winning at the highest levels.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

NCAC NESCAC same thing ;) :D
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Kenyonfan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:32 pm New to the NCAC group, as my son will arrive next Fall. Had interest from a number of the "power conferences", but just loved the Keyon coaching staff, and the opportunity to compete that the NCAC provides. I think the NCAC has amazing momentum going forward, and the non-conference teams they are scheduling show how serious they are about competing and winning at the highest levels.
+1

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”