Duke Vs. Michigan In Quarterfinals

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Duke Vs. Michigan In Quarterfinals

Post by youthathletics »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:17 pm How is there no shot clock on the screen? It's the quarterfinals! Everyone at ESPN involved in this broadcast should be completely embarrassed
It’s to build anxiousness, like a cliffhanger. 😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
molo

Post by molo »

O’Neill 3,1 on Duke’s first four goals.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu06 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:15 pm Michigan absolutely looks the part of a quarterfinalist and maybe more. So much credit to that program. Tremendous growth. Duke goalie has had some really nice saves.

ESPN dropping the ball in predictable form. Cotter says Michigan is in its 6th year in d1 and when Michigan scored its first goal they could have had a list of some notable goal scorers from the other quarterfinalists first appearances in the round of 8.
06, respectfully... cotter and carc get about half their facts wrong if you haven't noticed, not to mention their hyperbole. and just bc they didn't win 06 lottery rando facts doesn't mean they dropped the ball. gotta say, that one might be your furthest left field to date. and that's saying something.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:17 pm How is there no shot clock on the screen? It's the quarterfinals! Everyone at ESPN involved in this broadcast should be completely embarrassed
guess they figured it out part way thru. you should pull up an old youtube if u think this is tough. i mean it's tough, but i'm amazed at production value at least. the yapping needs a radio feed sync.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Michigan is gonna have to send help to Oneill as they did with Kirst. Running right by Darby
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ONeill looked like a college guy playing against high schoolers when in fact he was an 8th grader playing against high schoolers.
Last edited by pcowlax on Sat May 20, 2023 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

pcowlax wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:41 pm ONeill looks like a college guy playing against high schoolers when in fact he was an 8th grader playing against high schoolers.
Led suffolk county in points as an 8th grader at Bay Shore before he went to St Anthony’s.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

rolldodge wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:47 pm
pcowlax wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:41 pm ONeill looks like a college guy playing against high schoolers when in fact he was an 8th grader playing against high schoolers.
Led suffolk county in points as an 8th grader at Bay Shore before he went to St Anthony’s.
Yup. Not as big as he is now but not tremendously smaller either
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

pcowlax wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:49 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:47 pm
Yup. Not as big as he is now but not tremendously smaller either
I barely tipped the scales at 100 pounds as an 8th grader. 😀
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Agree with announcers that there are some phantom penalties being called on both sides here.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Refs are ruining this game with some very weak calls on both teams
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Cotter is too unenthusiastic in this game. No emotion behind these goal calls.
coda

Post by coda »

Difference in this game is GBs. Outside of Michigan looking really tight
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Difference is Oneill running by his defender at will and UM being sloppy besides Naso providing edge against fogos
coda

Post by coda »

stupefied wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:36 pm Difference is Oneill running by his defender at will and UM being sloppy besides Naso providing edge against fogos
I would say GBs and Goalie play. ONeill has been great and that last shot was just a great player beating good defense. One goalie at 65% and the other at 37%. Michigan needed to win that to have a chance. Weifelt is winning at over 60%. They aren’t converting all of those to possessions though.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

stupefied wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:36 pm Difference is Oneill running by his defender at will and UM being sloppy besides Naso providing edge against fogos
So then,

no Owen Grant this game 8-)
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Congrats to Duke. Helm and O’Neill were too much today.

Congratulations to Coach Conry and Michigan for the program’s breakthrough season.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
coda

Post by coda »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:00 pm Congrats to Duke. Helm and O’Neill were too much today.

Congratulations to Coach Conry and Michigan for the program’s breakthrough season.

DocBarrister
Helm came in struggling and he was arguably the POTG. Hate to see it vs Michigan, but good for the kid. Congrats to Duke

Great season for Michigan. Maybe the best moment of the game was when Michigan tied it back up and you could hear the chant “Go Blue” from Michigan fans. Pretty cool from a program that had its first good year
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Was surprised at Dukes relative trouble clearing. That feels like where they could lose it if they do in the tourney.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Here's hoping Michigan maintains momentum in the coming years. They're certainly dedicating resources and a strong program there will be good for the sport.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”