~Loyola University Greyhounds 2024~

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: ~Loyola University Greyhounds 2024~

Post by houndace1 »

Inside lacrosse reporting that Hugh Brown is apparently transferring out of loyola??
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

Did he see much time this spring? I thought he was in the mix for a while.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Four star Hugh Brown in transfer portal per Inside Lacrosse. He missed this entire year with a back injury. Really thought this kid could be an asset to the Hounds. Good size and speed. Wonder what happened? Maybe he saw writing on the wall with the success of guys like Haberman and Murphy as well as guys like McGorry and Sullivan returning from injuries which resulted in them red shirting last year. Big log jam at middie with hounds.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Formerhound wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:30 pm Four star Hugh Brown in transfer portal per Inside Lacrosse. He missed this entire year with a back injury. Really thought this kid could be an asset to the Hounds. Good size and speed. Wonder what happened? Maybe he saw writing on the wall with the success of guys like Haberman and Murphy as well as guys like McGorry and Sullivan returning from injuries which resulted in them red shirting last year. Big log jam at middie with hounds.
From what I’ve read and heard, Hugh brown basically came to campus with a broken back… or something of an injury to that extent and was sidelined the entire year. I don’t think there’s any bad vibes or intention (this is purely a guess). Just because he’s in the portal doesn’t he mean he has to leave
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

houndace1 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:49 pm
Formerhound wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:30 pm Four star Hugh Brown in transfer portal per Inside Lacrosse. He missed this entire year with a back injury. Really thought this kid could be an asset to the Hounds. Good size and speed. Wonder what happened? Maybe he saw writing on the wall with the success of guys like Haberman and Murphy as well as guys like McGorry and Sullivan returning from injuries which resulted in them red shirting last year. Big log jam at middie with hounds.
From what I’ve read and heard, Hugh brown basically came to campus with a broken back… or something of an injury to that extent and was sidelined the entire year. I don’t think there’s any bad vibes or intention (this is purely a guess). Just because he’s in the portal doesn’t he mean he has to leave
Wonder why they medical redshirt him? Unless he just isn’t happy there of course.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Exlaxbro wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:34 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:49 pm
Wonder why they medical redshirt him? Unless he just isn’t happy there of course.
He was redshirted because he physically couldn’t play. He was in street clothes every single game on the sidelines. He could possibly be done with lacrosse in general
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

i can tell you what happened, but no one on this board wants to hear it.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:50 am
I’d love to hear it.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Exlaxbro wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:18 am
I’d love to hear it.
Me too!!!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

We are patiently waiting..
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Any word on the incoming class? Any studs who are projected to play this year? What about transfer rumors? Would love to see them grab a close D as well as a SSDM. l
Lost Wyers and Hughes as well as Rezanka. Is Middleton returning?seem to be set at Attack and Midfield this year with everyone who played meaningful minutes last year returning. Looking to see whether Haberman and Murphy make a jump. Both looked great early and were non existent as season progressed. Any word on McGorry and Sullivan? Did they heal from their knee injuries? Could really use one of them to step up and be a contributor this year. McGorry showed flashes as a freshman who can shoot from distance. Have seen Cote also shoot well from distance. Looking forward to next year!!!
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I am not high on McGorry. The only shot I saw him take his freshman year dribbled in against Navy. He was a reclass but I heard he also did a PG year so playing against kids two years younger in high school made him look better than he was. Not sure how true any of that is but I do like the freshman Loyola had this year. The offense is going to be good but I am with you about the defense. I wish some of the younger guys got more game action in previous years so are ready for the big stage but that doesn’t seem to be something Dwan likes to do.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Exlaxbro wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:05 am I am not high on McGorry. The only shot I saw him take his freshman year dribbled in against Navy. He was a reclass but I heard he also did a PG year so playing against kids two years younger in high school made him look better than he was. Not sure how true any of that is but I do like the freshman Loyola had this year. The offense is going to be good but I am with you about the defense. I wish some of the younger guys got more game action in previous years so are ready for the big stage but that doesn’t seem to be something Dwan likes to do.
I know he did a PG but heard that was his reclass. I remember the shot v Navy much differently. Step down from 17 rocket. Was told he has the hardest shot on team. Who knows though. Knee injury/missed year/PG. all I know is he was only freshman to get playing time two seasons ago. Would like to see what he has to offer. Same with Sullivan. Guy I wonder about also is Dixon. Saw him play in HS and he was FAST. I know he’s been injured a ton over the past two seasons so maybe he also makes a jump this year. Not big but kid can run. Very athletic. . Just looking to see who takes that next step.
Last edited by Formerhound on Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Formerhound wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:38 am
Exlaxbro wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:05 am I am not high on McGorry. The only shot I saw him take his freshman year dribbled in against Navy. He was a reclass but I heard he also did a PG year so playing against kids two years younger in high school made him look better than he was. Not sure how true any of that is but I do like the freshman Loyola had this year. The offense is going to be good but I am with you about the defense. I wish some of the younger guys got more game action in previous years so are ready for the big stage but that doesn’t seem to be something Dwan likes to do.
I know he did a PG but heard that was his reclass. I remember the shot v Navy much differently. Step down from 17 rocket. Was told he has the hardest shot on team. Who knows though. Knee injury/missed year/PG. all I know is he was only freshman to get playing time two seasons ago. Would like to see what he has to offer. Same with Sullivan. Guy I wonder about also is Dixon. Saw him play in HS and he was FAST. I know he’s been injured a ton over the past two seasons so maybe he also makes a jump this year. Not big but kid can run. Very athletic. Good bloodlines as his dad played at Hopkins and brother is going to MD. Just looking to see who takes that next step.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I would love to see what he can do too but I have not been as high on him as many others. I hope I am wrong.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

I’d love to hear it.
Contributors here never like to hear negative comments about the program. In order to grow and get better, sometimes you need to look at the negative.

From what I was told it has to do with the culture and the lack of development offensively. Players who walk off the field if practice because it is too difficult, and no consequences. Behavior off the field. No offensive adjustments, played the same players, no opportunities. Saw that there would be no changes with Van Arsdale.

There is a reason offensive players in the portal are not flocking to Ridley. Defense yes, solid coaching with Dwan and Toomey

All things that have discussed on this forum.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

laxbro11 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:22 pm
I’d love to hear it.
Contributors here never like to hear negative comments about the program. In order to grow and get better, sometimes you need to look at the negative.

From what I was told it has to do with the culture and the lack of development offensively. Players who walk off the field if practice because it is too difficult, and no consequences. Behavior off the field. No offensive adjustments, played the same players, no opportunities. Saw that there would be no changes with Van Arsdale.

There is a reason offensive players in the portal are not flocking to Ridley. Defense yes, solid coaching with Dwan and Toomey

Yes I have heard and read similar things. The buck stops with Charley but that seems to be the culture.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm
I’d love to hear it.

Yes I have heard and read similar things. The buck stops with Charley but that seems to be the culture.

Help me remember- What defensive transfers have the hounds gotten besides Mustang Sally?
Offensively I can think of Riley Seay, who had a nice career for the Hounds and was team captain as a senior.
Hopefully Brown can finally get over that back injury and find a spot where he has a better chance to contribute.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:30 pm
I’d love to hear it.

Help me remember- What defensive transfers have the hounds gotten besides Mustang Sally?
Offensively I can think of Riley Seay, who had a nice career for the Hounds and was team captain as a senior.
Hopefully Brown can finally get over that back injury and find a spot where he has a better chance to contribute.
They got a d mid from Army last year and just picked up an LSM from Rutgers. Those are the only transfers I know of recently.
Olddog

Post by Olddog »

Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:59 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:30 pm
I’d love to hear it.

They got a d mid from Army last year and just picked up an LSM from Rutgers. Those are the only transfers I know of recently.
They also brought in Sawyer Allen at F/O. I get the sense that Loyola looks for transfers to fill specific needs where there are some depth issues. I don't think they just go into the portal trying to bring in as many players as possible (See Jacksonville). They only have 50 lockers in the locker room. Right now Loyola has many capable offensive players and don't need any more.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”